• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy for SSB4 (A New Daisy for Smash Thread Opens See Pg. 197)

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
I also see Daisy as more of a troll character, like one who would get on your opponent's nerves.

Her battle intro would have to be "Hi, I'm Daisy!"
We are in dire need of a troll character in Smash (no, Wario doesn't count, Wario Bike is a disaster). I mean look at her in Mario Kart. One my highlight reels has her screaming off screen "AWW YEAH!" before pummelling Metal Mario in the face with a green shell at high speed laughing.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Isn't Dunt Hunt Dog a troll character? I mean, that's exactly why he is so notorious.

:231:

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Isn't Dunt Hunt Dog a troll character? I mean, that's exactly why he is so notorious.

Aw yes, almost forgot about the master trolling dog and the duck. Just spam the projectiles and laugh hilariously as your opponent slams onto the screen.

And best of all, it doesn't involve Wario Bike (Wario Bike is awful)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
We are in dire need of a troll character in Smash (no, Wario doesn't count, Wario Bike is a disaster). I mean look at her in Mario Kart. One my highlight reels has her screaming off screen "AWW YEAH!" before pummelling Metal Mario in the face with a green shell at high speed laughing.
And this is exactly why Daisy should be in Smash since we need someone from the Mario universe that can cover the troll side of the franchise. Sure there's Waluigi, but the purple pervert had arguably missed his chance since Sakurai loves him being an AT. "Aww yeah!" is definitely suitable for a taunt or even a quote for an aerial attack.

Since I'm a Duck Hunt main, I would never forget about that lovable mutt with the cheesy laugh. We need more characters like that to add more humor in Smash and salt in the fanbase. The salt is arguably the best part of any fandom since it shows that the fans need to git gud and have a sense of humor. :troll:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Since I'm a Duck Hunt main, I would never forget about that lovable mutt with the cheesy laugh. We need more characters like that to add more humor in Smash and salt in the fanbase. The salt is arguably the best part of any fandom since it shows that the fans need to git gud and have a sense of humor. :troll:
Greninja should have had Brine in his moveset. :troll:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
I envision Daisy as a trollish character but to call her a "troll rep" is a bridge too far for me.

She's her own character with lots of potential. Such as a Daisy Cruiser Final Smash duh

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Greninja should have had Brine in his moveset. :troll:

Or Kawasaki should have been an Assist Trophy that would snatch a character with his logic defying frying pan and fry that individual whilst sprinkling them with salt and sautéing them. Huge missed potential there since we can imagine him getting the most out of salty Smashers than Nintendog and Resetti combined. :laugh:

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
I envision Daisy as a trollish character but to call her a "troll rep" is a bridge too far for me.

She's her own character with lots of potential. Such as a Daisy Cruiser Final Smash duh
Have you heard her in Mario Kart DS?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Found this on Tumblr and it's really heartwarming how dedicated her fans are at times like this. But they have a long way to go if they want to be victorious as long as a certain mushroom headed adventurer and Puppetmon's star possessed cousin exist.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Found this on Tumblr and it's really heartwarming how dedicated her fans are at times like this. But they have a long way to go if they want to be victorious as long as a certain mushroom headed adventurer and Puppetmon's star possessed cousin exist.

Hmm... How dedicated is Tumblr? Their sorting system is a mess on mobile

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Hmm... How dedicated is Tumblr? Their sorting system is a mess on mobile
If you search the tag "Daisy", a lot of it will indeed reference the Smash Ballot. That alone should be enough to let you know how dedicated her Tumblr fans are.

And yes, the mobile Tumblr is a mess. :laugh:

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
If you search the tag "Daisy", a lot of it will indeed reference the Smash Ballot. That alone should be enough to let you know how dedicated her Tumblr fans are.

And yes, the mobile Tumblr is a mess. :laugh:
Does it update often? Mobile Tumblr is a MESS!

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

And here's yet another example of artists reaching out to others for more support.

Also, the person who created that Strikers Daisy moveset on Tumblr had recently darkened the text in his/her image and plans on doing the Final Smash (Along with the other moves like tilts and smashes) at a later date.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Odd how Daisy's distinguishing characteristic from Peach used to be a tan. Before she got her own facial structure and hairdo in Mario Party 4.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Odd how Daisy's distinguishing characteristic from Peach used to be a tan. Before she got her own facial structure and hairdo in Mario Party 4.
I even wonder to this very day what was the reasoning behind the decision to ditch the tan. Maybe because they felt the new changes she had in her current design like the big eyes and rounder face was good enough.

Now that I mention it, they should have her classic appearance (brighter white and yellow dress with the tanner skin) as an alternate color since some people would like that option. *cough* *cough* Tumblr SJW's *cough* :laugh:

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Yeah, there are a lot of people who draw daisy as dark skinned for it's own sake. Though I have seen some cool redesigns of Daisy more in vein of Aladdin's Princess Jasmine.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Yeah, there are a lot of people who draw daisy as dark skinned for it's own sake. Though I have seen some cool redesigns of Daisy more in vein of Aladdin's Princess Jasmine.
Are these one of the redesigns you seen? While it does suit a desert environment and all with its exotic flair, I think the skimpiness in this one is a bit OoC. Though some may argue that it could be no worse than the already skimpy Strikers Outfit if you compare the two.

ZeldaFan01

Cassie Shore/Shelby Goodkind (Netflix)
NNID
?
Not until we crush the competition in the ballot, namely Captain Toad and Geno. :troll:

But sure, that's the face of someone who's body is ready to settle it in Smash.
What? daisy will win them both by a landslide, you should know that!

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
What? daisy will win them both by a landslide, you should know that!
Right, since we all know that Nintendo would probably ignore the Geno requests for the third time and Sakurai would probably continue with his bias against anything Toad related in the roster. There's also Paper Mario, but many would argue that having three Marios would probably be as bad as having three Links playable (Looks at the Young Link supporters).

So if we go by these points and the fact that Daisy was never made into a true alt since the beginning, then she is a bigger shoo-in than Brash the Bear. We all wouldn't mind more females in the roster, even if it's one who is known for her spinoff roles in the Mario franchise. :awesome:

Last edited:

AceTechHD

Smash Cadet
NNID
AceTechHD
@ Yomi's Biggest Fan Yomi's Biggest Fan
Hello I'm AceTechHD (https://youtube.com/acetechhd). Currently I'm working on a video to discuss Daisy for Smash 4 (no pun intended) and to raise awareness so she can get more votes in the ballot. This is a large undertaking and I was wondering If i could use some of your graphics in my video. If anyone has any Ideas on what I should talk about in the video I'd love to hear them :)

WillLi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Syaoran05
Hello I'm AceTechHD (https://youtube.com/acetechhd). Currently I'm working on a video to discuss Daisy for Smash 4 (no pun intended) and to raise awareness so she can get more votes in the ballot. This is a large undertaking and I was wondering If i could use some of your graphics in my video. If anyone has any Ideas on what I should talk about in the video I'd love to hear them :)
I think one good thing you should do is reference some of the things that explain the difference between peach and Daisy. There are a lot of people who have talked about that, and some of them are linked in early post here. But I don't think you should go into full on detail, I think the biggest thing Daisy community needs is connecting with itself. Right now we're a bunch of small groups with the same cause, we need to become one big group by backing eachother up.

I also think a good thing for you vid would be having some concrete ideas for moves that would show she's got things Peach wouldn't use. A lot of vids have made vague references about 'possible moves' but I think if say someone threw out some concrete special ideas and explained where the idea for the moves came from, it would help people see she's not a clone.

These are all just my ideas though, things I'd put into my own youtube video if I had the stuff to make one.(no mic)

AceTechHD

Smash Cadet
NNID
AceTechHD
I think one good thing you should do is reference some of the things that explain the difference between peach and Daisy. There are a lot of people who have talked about that, and some of them are linked in early post here. But I don't think you should go into full on detail, I think the biggest thing Daisy community needs is connecting with itself. Right now we're a bunch of small groups with the same cause, we need to become one big group by backing eachother up.

I also think a good thing for you vid would be having some concrete ideas for moves that would show she's got things Peach wouldn't use. A lot of vids have made vague references about 'possible moves' but I think if say someone threw out some concrete special ideas and explained where the idea for the moves came from, it would help people see she's not a clone.

These are all just my ideas though, things I'd put into my own youtube video if I had the stuff to make one.(no mic)
Thanks for your input! I do plan on talking about the differences between Daisy and Peach and explaining how Daisy would make a completely unique female fighter. I will be as detailed as possible when I describe her move set and I will also highlight the vast differences in both Daisy's and Peach's personalities and how that would makes them almost complete opposites.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
@ WillLi WillLi pretty much covered most of what I was about to say, but I do have some suggestions that can help. You can talk about the character's history of being Gunpei Yokoi's creation and how she had evolved into her own individual throughout the years (Like talking about how her design had evolved into something less Peach-like) for those who had been playing the clone card.

As for the many graphics that I've made, you can feel free to use them if you've liked. Just don't use the sexy sweater one since that might drive off plenty of potential supporters and the Tumblr "warriors" would be offended. Just to make it easier for you, I can simply compile all of them within a spoiler in this post (Which I'll edit in a bit).

Last edited:

AceTechHD

Smash Cadet
NNID
AceTechHD
@ WillLi WillLi pretty much covered most of what I was about to say, but I do have some suggestions that can help. You can talk about the character's history of being Gunpei Yokoi's creation and how she had evolved into her own individual throughout the years (Like talking about how her design had evolved into something less Peach-like) for those who had been playing the clone card.

As for the many graphics that I've made, you can feel free to use them if you've liked. Just don't use the sexy sweater one since that might drive off plenty of potential supporters and the Tumblr "warriors" would be offended. Just to make it easier for you, I can simply compile all of them within a spoiler in this post (Which I'll edit in a bit).

Wow thanks! It completely slipped my mind that she was one of Gunpei Yokoi's creations and Im definitely adding that tho the list of things I'll mention. As for your graphics yeah I don't want to intimidate anyone so I'll be sure to select the appropriate ones for my video.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Wow thanks! It completely slipped my mind that she was one of Gunpei Yokoi's creations and Im definitely adding that tho the list of things I'll mention. As for your graphics yeah I don't want to intimidate anyone so I'll be sure to select the appropriate ones for my video.
Now all three images, should be in the spoiler of the original post you've responded to. Feel free to use them well when developing this video since we need all the help that we can get.

For now, I have some business to take care of with the Ayumi Tachibana crowd.

WillLi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Syaoran05
Don't be a stranger too, you're free to come here an chat whenever. If you even vaguely like smash you're welcome, and judging from your vids it looks like you like it a lot.

AceTechHD

Smash Cadet
NNID
AceTechHD
Now all three images, should be in the spoiler of the original post you've responded to. Feel free to use them well when developing this video since we need all the help that we can get.

For now, I have some business to take care of with the Ayumi Tachibana crowd.
alright thanks! look forward to seeing the video on Friday :)

AceTechHD

Smash Cadet
NNID
AceTechHD
Don't be a stranger too, you're free to come here an chat whenever. If you even vaguely like smash you're welcome, and judging from your vids it looks like you like it a lot.
I'll definitely return lol and yes I live, eat, and breathe Smash Its a wonder I haven't been here for years XD

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
I'd much rather have Daisy in the game representing the Mario Sports/Kart/Party games than Waluigi. At least she had an appearance in a canonical Mario game (Super Mario Land). What's Waluigi been in outside of the party games? Nothing.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I'd much rather have Daisy in the game representing the Mario Sports/Kart/Party games than Waluigi. At least she had an appearance in a canonical Mario game (Super Mario Land). What's Waluigi been in outside of the party games? Nothing.
At least we are on the same boat since Waluigi is probably going to be "Forever Alone Assist Trophy" thanks to Sakurai.

I'll add you to the support list in a bit along with @GhostlyLure.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Are these one of the redesigns you seen? While it does suit a desert environment and all with its exotic flair, I think the skimpiness in this one is a bit OoC. Though some may argue that it could be no worse than the already skimpy Strikers Outfit if you compare the two.

This looks so much like Tharja. :p

Waluigi x Daisy for days. :estatic:

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
What's worse is that Bowser would have endure this experience all over again in Smash 4 if she gets in as DLC...
Yeah, and that beating is also the reason why Bowser, in-between matches, begs Peach not to put on that costume for the next bout.
:bowsermelee: ~The nightmares... they won't stop!

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Oh look, another picture that combines both the sports costume and dress (Though this one is much less NSFW).

I would always imagine her rekting Bowser's spiny butt when looking at this imagine, if only people would vote for her when looking at images like these. And it looks like I have myself a new idea. :troll:

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
Oh look, another picture that combines both the sports costume and dress (Though this one is much less NSFW).

I would always imagine her rekting Bowser's spiny butt when looking at this imagine, if only people would vote for her when looking at images like these. And it looks like I have myself a new idea. :troll:
Taking pictures like these and making them more risky by putting Daisy in a skimpier costume, thus combining the appeal of her feminine looks with her tomboyish violence?

Top Bottom