• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy for SSB4 (A New Daisy for Smash Thread Opens See Pg. 197)

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
One idea for a Daisy gimmick of sorts. If she has a lot of moves based off of sports then using them summons the sport's appropriate ball as an ungrabbable item (like the soccerball) projectile. Daisy can only have one of each ball out at once and using the mvoe that summoned them when the ball is elsewhere will cause her to do an attack that causes less damage. Like Wario's bike if she performs the move next to the ball it will act as if the move was fresh. Bonus: This still works, even when working with the wrong balls.

And an idea for a new Side-B: Tennis Dive. You know when the ball is really far away and tennis players do a crazy dive for it? Like that as a ling move and it also acts as a reflector and summons a tennis ball when fresh.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
One idea for a Daisy gimmick of sorts. If she has a lot of moves based off of sports then using them summons the sport's appropriate ball as an ungrabbable item (like the soccerball) projectile. Daisy can only have one of each ball out at once and using the mvoe that summoned them when the ball is elsewhere will cause her to do an attack that causes less damage. Like Wario's bike if she performs the move next to the ball it will act as if the move was fresh. Bonus: This still works, even when working with the wrong balls.

And an idea for a new Side-B: Tennis Dive. You know when the ball is really far away and tennis players do a crazy dive for it? Like that as a ling move and it also acts as a reflector and summons a tennis ball when fresh.
I actually thought of that for the Miis before they were revealed, but I don't think it fits Daisy to "rep" sports games.

The Side B could be Flowerbed Return, which is exactly that but it summons a Flowerbed Trap where she lands.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I actually thought of that for the Miis before they were revealed, but I don't think it fits Daisy to "rep" sports games.

The Side B could be Flowerbed Return, which is exactly that but it summons a Flowerbed Trap where she lands.
Nice idea, it could ad some splash damage with the flowers.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3

The main problem with Daisy (other than Peach and Rosalina) is the lack of a consistent theme because she hasn't really got a game to call her own. The closest is Mario Strikers.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Nice idea, it could ad some splash damage with the flowers.
Side B: Flower Bed
Daisy dives forward, making a Flower Bed appear where she falls.
This Flower Bed slows enemies and releases pollen that stun enemies.
When diving on an already placed Flower Bed, tiny Piranha Plants and other Flower-based enemies appear in it, dealing damage.
I envision the Flower Bed more like a trap.

I have an idea for a Down B!
It's the Flower Hoop at the end of each Yoshi's Island level.
It gives Daisy some speed when she jumps through, and the more flowers there are on the hoop (RNG decided), the faster she goes.

EDIT:
The main problem with Daisy (other than Peach and Rosalina) is the lack of a consistent theme because she hasn't really got a game to call her own. The closest is Mario Strikers.
How is Mario Strikers "Daisy's game?" Due to the Brawl Trophy? Am I missing something?
Anyway, I think her flower-themed special moves in the spin-offs are a pretty good start.
Maybe even have the MK:DD!! Heart-item appear as a special Down Smash. (Acting as a tiny Grav Pull)

Last edited:

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3

It gives Daisy some speed when she jumps through, and the more flowers there are on the hoop (RNG decided), the faster she goes.

EDIT:

How is Mario Strikers "Daisy's game?" Due to the Brawl Trophy? Am I missing something?
Anyway, I think her flower-themed special moves in the spin-offs are a pretty good start.
Maybe even have the MK:DD!! Heart-item appear as a special Down Smash. (Acting as a tiny Grav Pull)
I didn't say it was Daisy's game, but it kind of did give her some sort of emphasis (plus she has an alt costume)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Yes, let's give Daisy a reference to the best part of any Yoshi's Island title. That would be a great way to ignite even more "Any Yoshi game after the first sucks" salt. :troll:

The move idea isn't bad and it would be a great way of helping Daisy out if she were have slow walking movement to begin with.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Yes, let's give Daisy a reference to the best part of any Yoshi's Island title. That would be a great way to ignite even more "Any Yoshi game after the first sucks" salt. :troll:

The move idea isn't bad and it would be a great way of helping Daisy out if she were have slow walking movement to begin with.
Or it could be used to cement an already athletic moveset.

It also "reps" Mario Kart's "Flying Section Rings"

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Or it could be used to cement an already athletic moveset.

It also "reps" Mario Kart's "Flying Section Rings"
Top Tier Daisy with gimmicky specials? I like it.

I never thought about it repping the Mario Kart flying rings though, pretty clever since speed is what most top tier competitors need to win. Except for that casual trash called Need for Speed with its terrible film adaption.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Top Tier Daisy with gimmicky specials? I like it.
I never thought about it repping the Mario Kart flying rings though, pretty clever since speed is what most top tier competitors need to win. Except for that casual trash called Need for Speed with its terrible film adaption.
Oh yeah, Daisy would definitely be top tier with my specials.
I think I need to balance it.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3

One interesting fact: in Mario and Sonic at the Olympics, Daisy is in the Speed class, along with Yoshi, Sonic and Shadow.

D

Deleted member

My idea of what Peach's other 8 alt costumes could've been..

(Sorry if some of Daisy's palettes look choppy, I sort of rushed on them.)
See, I know a lot of people want Daisy to be her own character and I think that would be awesome too, but I don't understand why we didn't get Daisy as an actual alt when it could have been so easy. I guess my only hope is Sakurai felt she would be deserving of more?

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
See, I know a lot of people want Daisy to be her own character and I think that would be awesome too, but I don't understand why we didn't get Daisy as an actual alt when it could have been so easy. I guess my only hope is Sakurai felt she would be deserving of more?
That is one of the greatest questions ever in Smash history.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Same, just like the huge question of why a niche series like Fire Emblem would get 5 reps in this iteration of Smash (Though we might get an explanation on Roy soon).
That's simple, it was supposed to only get one new one plus a costume but the costume got promoted and nostalgia brought back the other. Besides I think Nintendo is banking on FE becoming bigger in the future. Why else would they pull of a Pokemon Red/Blue thing?

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
That's simple, it was supposed to only get one plus a costume but the costume got promoted and nostalgia brought back the other. Besides I think Nintendo is banking on FE becoming bigger in the future. Why else would they pull of a Pokemon Red/Blue thing?
To milk the series until it becomes the more strategy oriented and anime cousin of Pokemon? I can get behind this since the series can stay alive and hopefully not suffer the same fate as Advance Wars. I bet that Sakurai himself would be sad if his favorite franchise were to die after Fire Emblem IF were to possibly flop.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Fire Emblem is a huge franchise, it's basically Nintendo's Final Fantasy equivalent (in more ways than one).

Just because it was Japan exclusive for a long time doesn't make it niche.

WillLi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Syaoran05
Yeah FE is actually very big, that's why they put it on Nintendo Direct. Granted it wasn't that big in the West till smash. But Marth was in Melee because he was fan voted in.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Yeah FE is actually very big, that's why they put it on Nintendo Direct. Granted it wasn't that big in the West till smash. But Marth was in Melee because he was fan voted in.
If only the same can be said for a certain samurai, but alas luck wasn't very fortunate for him. Had no sequel since the release of the original game, the Game Boy Advance port flopped in comparison to Kid Icarus (Which is part of the reason why Pit was even added thanks to the sales), and his inclusion in Samurai Warriors 3 did little to boost his notability in Japan. Not to mention all of the good stuff like the game's localization happened AFTER the initial roster was decided. :urg:

But enough talk of "him", this is a thread about Daisy and it's best left hidden in the shadows or else the mods would lose their ****. Should Daiay have more spoken lines than the average Mario character in Smash or can she only say few like her royal pink friend?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
If only the same can be said for a certain samurai, but alas luck wasn't very fortunate for him. Had no sequel since the release of the original game, the Game Boy Advance port flopped in comparison to Kid Icarus (Which is part of the reason why Pit was even added thanks to the sales), and his inclusion in Samurai Warriors 3 did little to boost his notability in Japan. Not to mention all of the good stuff like the game's localization happened AFTER the initial roster was decided. :urg:

But enough talk of "him", this is a thread about Daisy and it's best left hidden in the shadows or else the mods would lose their ****. Should Daiay have more spoken lines than the average Mario character in Smash or can she only say few like her royal pink friend?
She was given some dialogue in Mario Party 3 I think. Here's her full quote list on MarioWiki.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
She was given some dialogue in Mario Party 3 I think. Here's her full quote list on MarioWiki.
And it appears that Daisy supposedly has a father, who probably won't be expanded on like Peach's (The Mushroom King). Though there were plenty of rulers in Super Mario Bros. 3 and you can't really tell which one was related to her.

Daisy should definitely say that she's the fairest one of all for a victory animation. I don't know why, but it suits her current trolling and competitive behavior these days. Then again, I never really played Mario Party 3 before. :lol:

D

Deleted member

Oh, I was going to ask you all: If Nintendo decided to give Daisy some kind of spin-off game of her own kind of like Captain Toad Treasure Tracker or the WarioWare series, what kind of game would you like/expect it to be? And how would you expect this type of game to influence her appearance in Smash Bros.?

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
Daisy would just be a Peach Clone...

Said every idiot Daisy has truly grown a personality over the time so I think this would be pretty legit :4metaknight:.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Oh, I was going to ask you all: If Nintendo decided to give Daisy some kind of spin-off game of her own kind of like Captain Toad Treasure Tracker or the WarioWare series, what kind of game would you like/expect it to be? And how would you expect this type of game to influence her appearance in Smash Bros.?
I would imagine her staring in a platform we with puzzle elements that revolve around using the full extent of her Flower Power abilities. Several puzzles would include blooming a plant to reach higher places or creating a massive flower parasol that could carry her across windy areas.

This type of game would influence her appearance in Smash since it shows that she is capable of having a unique moveset based on plant growth and stage control. This would be a way to show that Daisy is more than just a sporty princess that had filler roles.

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
I would imagine her staring in a platform we with puzzle elements that revolve around using the full extent of her Flower Power abilities. Several puzzles would include blooming a plant to reach higher places or creating a massive flower parasol that could carry her across windy areas.

This type of game would influence her appearance in Smash since it shows that she is capable of having a unique moveset based on plant growth and stage control. This would be a way to show that Daisy is more than just a sporty princess that had filler roles.
I'm a bit late (39 pages) but have you guys thought of her reveal trailer?

Seanp12

Smash Journeyman
I'd like to see a two-player coop mode of a Luigi's Mansion game with Daisy as P2.

D

Deleted member

And it appears that Daisy supposedly has a father, who probably won't be expanded on like Peach's (The Mushroom King). Though there were plenty of rulers in Super Mario Bros. 3 and you can't really tell which one was related to her.

Daisy should definitely say that she's the fairest one of all for a victory animation. I don't know why, but it suits her current trolling and competitive behavior these days. Then again, I never really played Mario Party 3 before. :lol:
OH MY GOD what if for a victory pose, she does her Mario Party 8 minigame victory animation. The camera would zoom in from afar and Daisy would flip her hair, then say "Everyone says I'm the fairest of them all." then blows a kiss. ASDKJFKH I THINK IT WOULD BE PERFECT.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
OH MY GOD what if for a victory pose, she does her Mario Party 8 minigame victory animation. The camera would zoom in from afar and Daisy would flip her hair, then say "Everyone says I'm the fairest of them all." then blows a kiss. ASDKJFKH I THINK IT WOULD BE PERFECT.
Only if it shows her third eye

Yes, that's perfect.

I think we should talk more about taunts and victory poses, since Daisy has so much troll potential personality.

I got nothing.

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
Only if it shows her third eye

Yes, that's perfect.

I think we should talk more about taunts and victory poses, since Daisy has so much troll potential personality.

I got nothing.
I also see Daisy as more of a troll character, like one who would get on your opponent's nerves.

Her battle intro would have to be "Hi, I'm Daisy!"

Taunt 1: "Hot stuff!" from Mario Strikers Charged. She puts her finger on her butt and lets off steam.
Taunt 2: Daisy dances around in a taunting manner saying nah-nah-nah-nah-nyah
Taunt 3: Daisy spins around in a flurry of petals and says "Yahoo!"

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Flower Garden traps would make for a great troll move, add in Superball Flower as spammy projectile and you got yourself an amazing troll.
Hoo Hai Aem Dayzee confirmed!

After the day Diddy Kong had been nerfed, a new competitive star was born with all the annoying flower properties that would even make Lip jealous. Her name is Princess Daisy and she's from the kingdom where shape-shifting creatures troll you into thinking it's the real her. :troll:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Hoo Hai Aem Dayzee confirmed!

After the day Diddy Kong had been nerfed, a new competitive star was born with all the annoying flower properties that would even make Lip jealous. Her name is Princess Daisy and she's from the kingdom where shape-shifting creatures troll you into thinking it's the real her. :troll:
Sorry Meerio, your princess is in another BLAAARGH.

Castle.

Sorry for the confusion.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Sorry Meerio, your princess is in another BLAAARGH.

Castle.

Sorry for the confusion.
Now that I think of it, the fake Daisy thing should be an easter egg somewhere. Where it's a taunt or entrance animation, a random Super Mario Land enemy should be there only for it to be the real Daisy the whole time. Massive trolling potential there.

Last edited:
Top Bottom