• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy for SSB4 (A New Daisy for Smash Thread Opens See Pg. 197)

WillLi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Syaoran05
Sports outfit would also settle the point when people say "Peach has a Daisy color, it'd be too hard to tell them apart"

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
Hmm I wonder what Daisy's victory theme would be.. I'm assuming it'd just be the regular Mario series victory theme but for some reason it sounds unfitting for Daisy... Maybe it's because the Mario victory theme is commonly associated with mainstream Mario games and the fact that Daisy hasn't appeared in any except 1 makes it seem unfitting for her.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Hmm I wonder what Daisy's victory theme would be.. I'm assuming it'd just be the regular Mario series victory theme but for some reason it sounds unfitting for Daisy
There's a small possibility that they could use a snippet of a Mario spinoff's theme for her (Either Mario Tennis or Mario Golf are likely choices). A Mario Party win theme could also work given that there were barely any content from the games in the previous Smash titles (As little as stickers or trophies).

Or they'll probably go Bowser/Bowser Jr. on her and make another rearrangement of the Castle/Stage Clear Theme (which would be rather disappointing).

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I would love to become part of the support group! Can I? I'm also currently making a "Vote Daisy for Smash " drawing! Here's my progress so far:
http://kawaiiotakugamer.deviantart.com/art/Vote-Princess-Daisy-for-Smash-bros-DLC-527160871
Ask and you shall receive. *adds new name to the list* Welcome to Daisy's Garden Support Group and you are now one of us.

Gosh, that "Vote for Daisy" image looks pretty good even when it isn't fully colored. The pose is nice, your style for Daisy is adorable, and you had chosen the best outfit for her to wear during the making of this image. Me and the other Diasy supporters would probably be thrilled once we're able to see the finished image in all its colorful glory. :)

WillLi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Syaoran05
A bit worried seeing that stuff about Ryu's voice being in the game, if it's true than that's already 2 slots taken that wont be used for the ballot in Smash 4...but I guess that helps get rid of the probably few slots they were going to spend on 3rd party and it kinda makes sense that it's Ryu.

How do you guys think this effects Daisy's chances?

Tilk

Smash Ace
NNID
Mrs.Tilk
3DS FC
0104-1633-6707
Oh my gosh.

SOOO glad I found this thread. So many Rosalina and Peach fans out there instead.. I'm glad to be among my fellow followers of Daisy. :3

Because let's be honest....

Daisy>>>>>>>>>Peach/Rosalina

With no disrespect to Rosalina or Peach... But Daisy wins by a mile.

WillLi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Syaoran05
Oh my gosh.

SOOO glad I found this thread. So many Rosalina and Peach fans out there instead.. I'm glad to be among my fellow followers of Daisy. :3

Glad to see another Daisy fan.

It's okay to disrespect Rosalina, she stole Daisy's spot.

Tilk

Smash Ace
NNID
Mrs.Tilk
3DS FC
0104-1633-6707
Glad to see another Daisy fan.
It's okay to disrespect Rosalina, she stole Daisy's spot.
Lol. Alrighty. Yeah. Same to you. :3

I've only met a handful of Daisy fans such as myself... Which is incredibly annoying... Have they no respect for the true princess?

Plus I find her much more attractive anyway. (Then again, I'm a girl so what does my opinion mean on that anyway? XD)

WillLi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Syaoran05
Lol. Alrighty. Yeah. Same to you. :3

I've only met a handful of Daisy fans such as myself... Which is incredibly annoying... Have they no respect for the true princess?

Plus I find her much more attractive anyway. (Then again, I'm a girl so what does my opinion mean on that anyway? XD)
Yeah, when you find a group of "Mario fans" who say Daisy is just a Peach clone for more female choices in the side games, or people saying "Peach and Rosalina are the only females in Mario" it's just frustrating. It'd be so much better if Daisy was at least well and properly known, even if not a huge favorite.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
A bit worried seeing that stuff about Ryu's voice being in the game, if it's true than that's already 2 slots taken that wont be used for the ballot in Smash 4...but I guess that helps get rid of the probably few slots they were going to spend on 3rd party and it kinda makes sense that it's Ryu.

I think we don't have to think in slots, especially as they seem to be considered before the ballot. As much as I like Street Fighter, I'll wait for more evidences.

Also, I don't think that this affect Daisy much. We can even consider it an "argument" as Marth have two of Roy's palettes (well, the yellow one is just similar)

Tilk

Smash Ace
NNID
Mrs.Tilk
3DS FC
0104-1633-6707
Yeah, when you find a group of "Mario fans" who say Daisy is just a Peach clone for more female choices in the side games, or people saying "Peach and Rosalina are the only females in Mario" it's just frustrating. It'd be so much better if Daisy was at least well and properly known, even if not a huge favorite.
Amen.

It's also a little disappointing when my friends think of me as ridiculous for liking Daisy in comparison to the other two. Maybe they're just blind to clear beauty and style, as well as personality.

But then again, it's not like Nintendo themselves has done much to acknowledge her much... Which is VERY dissapointing.

When will people learn?

WillLi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Syaoran05
Amen.

It's also a little disappointing when my friends think of me as ridiculous for liking Daisy in comparison to the other two. Maybe they're just blind to clear beauty and style, as well as personality.

But then again, it's not like Nintendo themselves has done much to acknowledge her much... Which is VERY dissapointing.

When will people learn?
When we start the Daisy-pocalypse. It's just around the corner, people just don't see it, though some people do *looks at the Day-Z game.* That's what's gonna happen if Daisy doesn't get in.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Oh my gosh.

You've came to the right place, fellow Daisy fan. I'll add you to the list whenever my biology class has s break.

Like Erotic said, I wouldn't really think too much about the leak as "killing" the chances of Daisy's inclusion. But it does however prove that popular Nintendo IP's can have another rep a la DLC and adds to the fact that "similar characters" as DLC aren't out of the question.

As for Ryu's inclusion, he arguably opens the door for more third parties being possible if they were to receive enough votes in the Smash Ballot (Helloooooo Rayman and Banjo).

Last edited:

Tilk

Smash Ace
NNID
Mrs.Tilk
3DS FC
0104-1633-6707
You've came to the right place, fellow Daisy fan. I'll add you to the list whenever my biology class has s break.
Great to hear. I feel really quite welcome. At least we all know and agree on the same thing.

I've always been a Daisy fan... But I never really picked up on and noticed how attractive Daisy is till I started becoming part of the homosexual crowd. (Yes, I'm gay.) Hopefully we can agree on that as well. :3

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Great to hear. I feel really quite welcome. At least we all know and agree on the same thing.

I've always been a Daisy fan... But I never really picked up on and noticed how attractive Daisy is till I started becoming part of the homosexual crowd. (Yes, I'm gay.) Hopefully we can agree on that as well. :3
There's no need to worry since we are well aware of how diverse Smash Bros. fans can be. We rarely experience any cases in which a user were to discriminate against LGBT fans for homophobic reasons (Though the last time it happened was a few years ago with TheDivineDiety).

And I agree, Daisy is the most attractive of the princesses (Even though I'm male and have a girlfriend). It's just that people overlook the good qualities of her and focus on the bad ones like her annoying one-liners and "irrelevancy". But hey, it's just their opinion and those are never facts. :p

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
I think we don't have to think in slots, especially as they seem to be considered before the ballot. As much as I like Street Fighter, I'll wait for more evidences.

Also, I don't think that this affect Daisy much. We can even consider it an "argument" as Marth have two of Roy's palettes (well, the yellow one is just similar)
What about Smash Tour?

Dixie and Daisy in her Baseball Outfit are the only non-assist characters to have an item trophy. They both are costumes for Peach and Diddy. Also most references to Daisy in Peach's costume , like the flowers, are removed in Brawl and Smash 4. And Striker Daisy is the only Daisy trophy in Brawl.

Tilk

Smash Ace
NNID
Mrs.Tilk
3DS FC
0104-1633-6707
There's no need to worry since we are well aware of how diverse Smash Bros. fans can be. We rarely experience any cases in which a user were to discriminate against LGBT fans for homophobic reasons (Though the last time it happened was a few years ago with TheDivineDiety).

And I agree, Daisy is the most attractive of the princesses (Even though I'm male and have a girlfriend). It's just that people overlook the good qualities of her and focus on the bad ones like her annoying one-liners and "irrelevancy". But hey, it's just their opinion and those are never facts. :p
I've always had a soft spot for Brunettes, and Daisy always appealed to me... That and she's obviously very aesthetically pleasing to the eyes.

And yeah.. A lot of people say she's "under-developed" (not in her chest area obviously but rather as a character) and feel she's irrelevant to the Mario series, when she obviously isn't and when you think about it, what would Mario be like today without her?

I haven't run into many people that have had a problem with my homosexuality, but rather people that have a problem with my attraction to Daisy above other characters.

P.S. Biker Daisy is ooooohhhh so adorable and displays her "proportions" rather well. <3 ^^

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I've always had a soft spot for Brunettes, and Daisy always appealed to me... That and she's obviously very aesthetically pleasing to the eyes.

And yeah.. A lot of people say she's "under-developed" (not in her chest area obviously but rather as a character) and feel she's irrelevant to the Mario series, when she obviously isn't and when you think about it, what would Mario be like today without her?

I haven't run into many people that have had a problem with my homosexuality, but rather people that have a problem with my attraction to Daisy above other characters.

P.S. Biker Daisy is ooooohhhh so adorable and displays her "proportions" rather well. <3 ^^
Without Daisy, then Peach would never have competitive counterpart that would play with her in certain games (Especially Mario Kart Double Dash since it promoted dual racers in one vehicle). So in a way, she is arguably important when it come to these games since I can't imagine any other Mario character in her or Waluigi's place. Spinoff characters are so "irrelevant" that they fulfill a role by filling up the roster and giving someone a character to play as that might be more interesting than their original counterpart (Luigi > Mario, Daisy > Peach, ect.) :laugh:

Speaking of Daisy's proportions, did you know that she was given jiggle physics in Mario Party10? While I wouldn't necessarily say that Mario is for kids, but it's rather surprising that she is now given them all of a sudden in a family friendly spinoff. Though this wasn't the first time it happened since we did have Madame Flurry and Queen Valentine have some "bounce" in previous Mario RPG's.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3

Speaking of Daisy's proportions, did you know that she was given jiggle physics in Mario Party 10?
Wait.....WHAT?????? And Peach and Rosalina never got any? How do you know this? Also slight jiggle physics in Mario Kart 8 character select screen....

Tilk

Smash Ace
NNID
Mrs.Tilk
3DS FC
0104-1633-6707
Without Daisy, then Peach would never have competitive counterpart that would play with her in certain games (Especially Mario Kart Double Dash since it promoted dual racers in one vehicle). So in a way, she is arguably important when it come to these games since I can't imagine any other Mario character in her or Waluigi's place. Spinoff characters are so "irrelevant" that they fulfill a role by filling up the roster and giving someone a character to play as that might be more interesting than their original counterpart (Luigi > Mario, Daisy > Peach, ect.) :laugh:

Speaking of Daisy's proportions, did you know that she was given jiggle physics in Mario Party10? While I wouldn't necessarily say that Mario is for kids, but it's rather surprising that she is now given them all of a sudden in a family friendly spinoff. Though this wasn't the first time it happened since we did have Madame Flurry and Queen Valentine have some "bounce" in previous Mario RPG's.
That's fascinatingly interesting... 0.0 again, I'm quite glad I'm not the only one that appreciates Daisy's sex appeal, Which she thankfully expresses better than Peach or Rosalina ever could. ;)

And I know very well... It's still a shame how much of a back seat she takes in the main series. (Then again, no wonder she never get's kidnapped... She's SOOOO much more athletic, and Bowser must not have that great of taste...) Maybe a game where Daisy is playable as one of the main Characters? (3D World had Rosalina. What gives Nintendo?)

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Uh......isn't this a support thread?

Also it would be funny if Daisy does actually get in as DLC, and the Palutena's Guidance says she is from another dimension.

May or may not be representative about Nintendo's feelings

Tilk

Smash Ace
NNID
Mrs.Tilk
3DS FC
0104-1633-6707

Also it would be funny if Daisy does actually get in as DLC, and the Palutena's Guidance says she is from another dimension.

Support, conversation.... What's the difference? We all share the same love of Daisy. Lol.

Besides... Maybe we could convert this to a sort of Daisy Social? That would be great.

WillLi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Syaoran05

I would just love to see the Palutena's Guidance say "Watch out, she's not going to be as easy to handle as Peach."

Support, conversation.... What's the difference? We all share the same love of Daisy. Lol.

Besides... Maybe we could convert this to a sort of Daisy Social? That would be great.
Daisy Social would be awesome. We have a skype for her already.

Last edited:

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
I would just love to see the Palutena's Guidance say "Watch out, she's not going to be as easy to handle as Peach"
I get thrashed by Daisy everytime I pick Luigi in Mario Kart 8's 150cc Grand Prix.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Yes, people do get added to the list and we talk about anything hing related to Daisy. At this point, there's not much to talk about in terms of moveset possibilities since the movesets in the OP already covered them (Unless anyone has their own ideas in mind to share).

Tilk

Smash Ace
NNID
Mrs.Tilk
3DS FC
0104-1633-6707
Yes, people do get added to the list and we talk about anything hing related to Daisy. At this point, there's not much to talk about in terms of moveset possibilities since the movesets in the OP already covered them (Unless anyone has their own ideas in mind to share).
Well what list would I be added to specifically as part of this small but loyal community?

I'd love to be added to discuss all things Daisy. Lol.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Well what list would I be added to specifically as part of this small but loyal community?

I'd love to be added to discuss all things Daisy. Lol.
The one on the OP (the first post) which I'll handle right away now that class is over.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
I want to integrate that Daisy support badge to my avatar, has anyone got the original image?

About the Roy and Ryu leaks..... since Sakurai stated that it takes so long to make DLC characters to the point where they have no custom moves...and Wolf's seemingly likely inclusion.....and the ballot ending in October.....and King K Rool's massive support.....and Daisy's lack of support....

It seems like a coin toss. :nervous:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I want to integrate that Daisy support badge to my avatar, has anyone got the original image?

About the Roy and Ryu leaks..... since Sakurai stated that it takes so long to make DLC characters to the point where they have no custom moves...and Wolf's seemingly likely inclusion.....and the ballot ending in October.....and King K Rool's massive support.....and Daisy's lack of support....

It seems like a coin toss. :nervous:
The original image can be found here since it did originate from the biggest hideout for Daisy fans ever. I hope you enjoy spreading it everywhere since I already have it as my avatar for for every page Smashboards, Facebook, Twitter, ect.).

https://41.media.tumblr.com/20001176702da347de2a730b19139034/tumblr_nm7h5v9XZm1s876o9o1_540.png

I'm sure that they'll have more than one character chosen from the polls, meaning K. Rool won't be the only addition that will be taken. I recall the Marvel vs. Capcom 3 DLC polls were similar an only a fraction of the characters chosen were in the Top 15 (Nemesis and Firebrand were around the lower 20's and 30's IRRC).
After looking at the later polls, everyone is still under the impression that Captain Toad and Paper Mario are the superior choices for Mario characters.

The thing we really have to do is to be loud, talk about her everywhere we go regardless of the haters, and give elaborate reasons on why she should be chosen over other characters than the usual "because she's a female excuse". Another problem is that most major YouTubers or other big names that we know on Social Media either prefer Captain Toad or don't think she's worthy at all. A great start for now would be to go to Artsy Omni's YouTube (Or Twitter account) and post "#Smashify Princess Daisy". With enough requests he ought feel obligated to make an image like how he had done Ray Man, Banjo, and Shovel Knight (Which are the main reasons why they've been becoming popular lately).

Last edited:

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
The original image can be found here since it did originate from the biggest hideout for Daisy fans ever. I hope you enjoy spreading it everywhere since I already have it as my avatar for for every page Smashboards, Facebook, Twitter, ect.).

https://41.media.tumblr.com/20001176702da347de2a730b19139034/tumblr_nm7h5v9XZm1s876o9o1_540.png

I'm sure that they'll have more than one character chosen from the polls, meaning K. Rool won't be the only addition that will be taken. I recall the Marvel vs. Capcom 3 DLC polls were similar an only a fraction of the characters chosen were in the Top 15 (Nemesis and Firebrand were around the lower 20's and 30's IRRC).
After looking at the later polls, everyone is still under the impression that Captain Toad and Paper Mario are the superior choices for Mario characters.

The thing we really have to do is to be loud, talk about her everywhere we go regardless of the haters, and give elaborate reasons on why she should be chosen over other characters than the usual "because she's a female excuse". Another problem is that most major YouTubers or other big names that we know on Social Media either prefer Captain Toad or don't think she's worthy at all. A great start for now would be to go to Artsy Omni's YouTube (Or Twitter account) and post "#Smashify Princess Daisy". With enough requests he ought feel obligated to make an image like how he had done Ray Man, Banjo, and Shovel Knight (Which are the main reasons why they've been becoming popular lately).
I'll do that ASAP! As long as I don't get hated upon too much...

So she will finally get an Amiibo and the opportunity to punch Rosalina in the face at long last! Are these toys good quality? I heard that some looked dodgy.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I'll do that ASAP! As long as I don't get hated upon too much...

So she will finally get an Amiibo and the opportunity to punch Rosalina in the face at long last! Are these toys good quality? I heard that some looked dodgy.
Amiibo in general are so-so, they can be either in good or bad quality. That's part of the reason why I take a box and look at it to see any issues like scrapes, molds, or off model mess-ups. Though the sad reality is that you can't do this trick when it comes to ordering them online from places like Gamestop and E-Bay.

Tilk

Smash Ace
NNID
Mrs.Tilk
3DS FC
0104-1633-6707
Hm... I'd really love a Daisy Amiibo....

Given that she doesn't become an actual character...

I know of a group that does custom Amiibo modifications.

I'll have a peach Amiibo modified to the CORRECT look.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Hm... I'd really love a Daisy Amiibo....

Given that she doesn't become an actual character...

I know of a group that does custom Amiibo modifications.

I'll have a peach Amiibo modified to the CORRECT look.

This one seems close enough in terms of the flower embodiments on the dress and the proper hair color. Now if only the hair can be remodeled to look like the real deal...

Tilk

Smash Ace
NNID
Mrs.Tilk
3DS FC
0104-1633-6707

This one seems close enough in terms of the flower embodiments on the dress and the proper hair color. Now if only the hair can be remodeled to look like the real deal...
Wow. I need to get one of those. And yeah.... It's a shame that the hair can't be remodeled to look like Daisy's which is much better than Peach's. (That and the chest size can't be enlarged too. XD)

In other news, I just started reading "The Great Gatsby" and one of the main characters' names is Daisy, who is described as "incredibly sexually attractive and irresistible... A pleasure to the eyes."

That can't be a coincidence. X3

Edit: Alrighty. Looks like I could get one custom made... A little expensive.. But looks like it'll be worth it... Given she isn't put in... Which would ultimately be the worst thing Sakurai could do to us.

Last edited:
Top Bottom