• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy for SSB4 (A New Daisy for Smash Thread Opens See Pg. 197)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Heard about him. Not suprised, lol.

The poor thing gets some heat for just wanting a character in Smash Bros., like everyone else does. –-–
Yeah, but I can understand his reasons for being overhated. Made a Daisy related topic either once or twice a week, rustling the jimmies of people who would rather be ant another Mario character or thing Mario isn't deserving of another character. Then again, anyone of Gamefaqs hates you if you support a character that isn't a DK character or Isaac.

Not sure who that is (never goes on GameFAQS, but he said like he's getting like 5 people a day to vote and i was like oh, thank you X3
He's this rapid Daisy fan who is known for obsessing with her on almost any Smash or Mario related boards on Gamefaqs. He's not really a bad guy per se, but he can get on a non-Daisy fan's nerves easily.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Uh oh....
Uh oh indeed, there might be some clues as you him being the ballot rigger who made Daiay the third most wanted Nintendo newcomer if those results from Thursday were anything to go by. It's just too much of a cooincidence to think that he's not the one behind it.

What we can do for now is keep an eye on him and make sure that he doesn't attract any haters to our page. He may seem like a nice guy for now, but we have to make sure that he doesn't give us Daisy fans a bad name.

Hana Na Tahou

Smash Apprentice
Uh oh indeed, there might be some clues as you him being the ballot rigger who made Daiay the third most wanted Nintendo newcomer if those results from Thursday were anything to go by. It's just too much of a cooincidence to think that he's not the one behind it.

What we can do for now is keep an eye on him and make sure that he doesn't attract any haters to our page. He may seem like a nice guy for now, but we have to make sure that he doesn't give us Daisy fans a bad name.
This appears to be a no tolerance situation.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
This appears to be a no tolerance situation.
Not really, but we just have to hope he does us some good without attracting heat at the same time. Sure we don't have any haters or trolls on our page yet, but we know who to look at if it were to happen one day. :)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
UPDATE: Added a new Support Daisy Smash Ballot image courtesy of @ RedFly RedFly . I though that this was something that shouldn't be missed by anyone in this thread.

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
Wow, good work here. Can I join the support list?

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
look at my 4chan post. Wow people really don't want Daisy lmao

http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/290608209/honest-smash-bros-dlc-prediction

By the way, I just thought of something!

What if they released a new Super Mario Land remake game which featured Princess Daisy at E3? After the game trailer, Iwata would be like, "This is Princess Daisy's big comeback into the Mario platformer series, with her first appearance being in 1989. Speaking of big comebacks, we have something to show you."

*DAISY'S SMASH BROS. TRAILER BEGINS*

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
look at my 4chan post. Wow people really don't want Daisy lmao

http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/290608209/honest-smash-bros-dlc-prediction

By the way, I just thought of something!

What if they released a new Super Mario Land remake game which featured Princess Daisy at E3? After the game trailer, Iwata would be like, "This is Princess Daisy's big comeback into the Mario platformer series, with her first appearance being in 1989. Speaking of big comebacks, we have something to show you."

*DAISY'S SMASH BROS. TRAILER BEGINS*
It's 4Chan, a cesspool full of salty fanboys and ravenous trolls. Don't be seriously surprised with the Daisy hate there.

A Super Mario Land remake with a playable Daisy and Daisy's Smash Announcement would be a dream come true. What you described is sort of like how people thought Rosalina was a shoo-in after her 3D World announcement, though she got her Smash reveal a week or two later.

Last edited:

Hana Na Tahou

Smash Apprentice
I mean, there was SM3DL on 3DS, unless we're not counting that. Also LOL 4Chan, yeah don't take them too seriously. Daisy's definitely a minority character, few people want her included compared to the popular choices. We just have to chip away at the lead. It'll take time, but it'll pay off if we do it right.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Ooh, can you add me to the supporter's lists! It's very depressing being picked on horribly by the Internet (definitely not 4chan) whenever I mention her. I always play as Daisy in Mario Kart.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Ooh, can you add me to the supporter's lists! It's very depressing being picked on horribly by the Internet (definitely not 4chan) whenever I mention her. I always play as Daisy in Mario Kart.
I know that feel bro, plenty of Mario fans look down on us for liking an "annoying irrelevant" character like her. What they fail to realize is that her tomboyish personality and sporty looks suit the atmosphere of these Mario spinoffs. You don't see people picking on Waluigi fans for the same reason and they argue that he has more personality than her. :rolleyes:

Overall, Welcome to the Salty Spitoon Daisy's Garden and you have proven that you are tough enough for the club (You're on the support list by the way).

Hana Na Tahou

Smash Apprentice
I know that feel bro, plenty of Mario fans look down on us for liking an "annoying irrelevant" character like her. What they fail to realize is that her tomboyish personality and sporty looks suit the atmosphere of these Mario spinoffs. You don't see people picking on Waluigi fans for the same reason and they argue that he has more personality than her. :rolleyes:
Overall, Welcome to the Salty Spitoon Daisy's Garden and you have proven that you are tough enough for the club (You're on the support list by the way).
Indeed. Lol Waluigi. Also has Daisy's Garden always been the term here or XD Also welcome person quoted in this post c:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Indeed. Lol Waluigi. Also has Daisy's Garden always been the term here or XD Also welcome person quoted in this post c:
Not really, I came up with it myself since she is the Flower Princess and I felt that a garden would be fitting for her (Even though DS Peach Gardens exists).

Also, I bet half of the Waluigi fans are salty that he's out of the running and people view Daisy as the spinoff replacement. Not like I have a problem with that. :cool:

Last edited:

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3

FINALLY A PLACE WHERE I CAN NOT BE JUDGED UNFAIRLY

Thank you. But I see that there are only two users constantly active....well not a problem :grin:. That Daisy badge seems nice, where does it come from?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
FINALLY A PLACE WHERE I CAN NOT BE JUDGED UNFAIRLY

Thank you. But I see that there are only two users constantly active....well not a problem :grin:. That Daisy badge seems nice, where does it come from?
I'm pretty our supporters just come and go as they please since we do have other things to take care of in life. As for me and Hana, it's mostly talking about our Daisy for Smash Facebook page or thinking of ways to make her support even bigger on the Internet.

The Daisy badge was something we found from Tumblr since it is one of the few places where Daisy is really getting support. It's a rather nice badge, don't you think? :)

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
I'm pretty our supporters just come and go as they please since we do have other things to take care of in life. As for me and Hana, it's mostly talking about our Daisy for Smash Facebook page or thinking of ways to make her support even bigger on the Internet.

The Daisy badge was something we found from Tumblr since it is one of the few places where Daisy is really getting support. It's a rather nice badge, don't you think? :)
Really! That's awesome if true. All the other pro-Daisy places are either outdated or filled with haters. One anti-Daisy comment got nearly ONE THOUSAND upvotes.
(I miiiiiigggggghhhhtttt have something to do with that Reddit Google Docs poll)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Really! That's awesome if true. All the other pro-Daisy places are either outdated or filled with haters. One anti-Daisy comment got nearly ONE THOUSAND upvotes.
(I miiiiiigggggghhhhtttt have something to do with that Reddit Google Docs poll)
I know what poll you're talking about, a series of trolls started to vote spam Daisy so that she would beat out shoo-ins like K. Rool and Banjo Kazooie. Maybe their intent was not only to piss of Smash fans, but to make everyone hate Daisy's fanbase in general. If either options were their intent, then they've done a damn good job at it.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
I know what poll you're talking about, a series of trolls started to vote spam Daisy so that she would beat out shoo-ins like K. Rool and Banjo Kazooie. Maybe their intent was not only to piss of Smash fans, but to make everyone hate Daisy's fanbase in general. If either options were their intent, then they've done a damn good job at it.

It was before the Reddit poll started....

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
It was before the Reddit poll started....
Either way, most Mario fans are convinced that Captain Toad is the most deserving character for DLC because he's from a recent title that needs promotion (Plus it's the only thing that would satisfy Toad fans).

There's also Geno, but they might want to talk to Square about that and he's arguably old news. Waluigi is another competitor, but I doubt any AT would get a DLC promotion immediately.

If there's one character that she'll have a hard time competing with, it's none other than Paper Mario thanks to the new 3DS stage prompting more requests with his name. Despite being another Mario, he's from a popular subset of Mario games and got even more moveset potential than all possible Mario reps combined. I did recall that his popularity is huge in sites like Facebook, Twitter, and Reddit (Making him a powerhouse in this ballot).

Last edited:

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Either way, most Mario fans are convinced that Captain Toad is the most deserving character for DLC because he's from a recent title that needs promotion (Plus it's the only thing that would satisfy Toad fans).

There's also Geno, but they might want to talk to Square about that and he's arguably old news. Waluigi is another competitor, but I doubt any AT would get a DLC promotion immediately.

If there's one character that she'll have a hard time competing with, it's none other than Paper Mario thanks to the new 3DS stage prompting more requests with his name. Despite being another Mario, he's from a popular subset of Mario games and got even more moveset potential than all possible Mario reps combined. I did recall that his popularity is huge in sites like Facebook, Twitter, and Reddit (Making him a powerhouse in this ballot).
Captain Toad can't even jump. So he has no chance. Paper Mario on the other hand.......we already have Dr. Mario and Super Mario.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Captain Toad can't even jump. So he has no chance. Paper Mario on the other hand.......we already have Dr. Mario and Super Mario.
Too bad not many people will get that through their thick skulls, they'll always go for the more popular choices that aren't spinoff fodder (Daisy and Waluigi). Overall, our princessis is one of those characters that are considered as laughable as characters like Tingle and Ridley in the Smash fanbase.

If Daisy or any spinoff characters were to star in a major Mario game, then people would have liked them more or be all for their inclusion. While Toadette wasn't necessarily hated, a lot of people liked her more after her inclusion in Captsin Toad's Treasure Tracker (Even to the point of wanting her as a Captain Toad alt in Smash).

Last edited:

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Too bad not many people will get that through their thick skulls, they'll always go for the more popular choices that aren't spinoff fodder (Daisy and Waluigi). Overall, our princessis is one of those characters that are considered as laughable as characters like Tingle and Ridley in the Smash fanbase.

If Daisy or any spinoff characters were to star in a major Mario game, then people would have liked them more or be all for their inclusion. While Toadette wasn't necessarily hated, a lot of people liked her more after her inclusion in Captsin Toad's Treasure Tracker (Even to the point of wanting her as a Captain Toad alt in Smash).
That typo is a classic...

I don't get why Dixie and Daisy have pallette swaps while Alph, the Koopalings, Male Wii Fit Trainer and Female Robin get new models and voices....

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Daisy and Dixie are palette swaps from games where there's no costumes, except Wario's overalls, and they like to keep palette swaps (except for Wario, who lost ALL the good alt colors)

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021

I don't get why Dixie and Daisy have pallette swaps while Alph, the Koopalings, Male Wii Fit Trainer and Female Robin get new models and voices....
Probably because they are worth more than simple pallette swaps.:smirk:

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Probably because they are worth more than simple pallette swaps.:smirk:
Also Alph gets a true alt and not Brittany or Charlie. I don't see why they could at least be promoted to true alts at least; when I choose the Ludwig costume, I feel like I am Ludwig, and Ludwig is in Smash. When I choose the Daisy costume, I feel like I am playing as Yellow Peach.

Last edited:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Also Alph gets a true alt and not Brittany or Charlie. I don't see why they could at least be promoted to true alts at least; when I choose the Ludwig costume, I feel like I am Ludwig, and Ludwig is in Smash. When I choose the Daisy costume, I feel like I am playing as Yellow Peach.
I don't know about you, but I would be disapointed with a non-unqiue Daisy.....
Ludwig doesn't need to be unique.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Again, the Daisy alt is from Melee, although we can argue that it's maybe the first smash alternate costume, besides the Pokemon's hats. But it's from a time where Daisy WAS similar to Peach.

Now, it's just a reference, like Mario's Wario & Waluigi alts, Oni Link, Palutena's Viridi and Medusa alts or Ike's Black Knight alt.

And Mario's colors didn't prevent Wario from being playable. I think that it would be nice to have Daisy with Peach colors!

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Capsin Toad? Even though it's a typo, it surprisingly fits that mushroom headed rascal's nature. This what happens when you study ideology articles for more than an hour (I really need to get back to work now that I have the energy to do so). :laugh:

Sakurai is a man with priorities and half of everything was done to compensate for time constraints. Now that I think of it, I'd rather have a unique Daisy and Dixie than a simple model swap or Dr. Mario-esque clone.

Last edited:

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Capsin Toad? Even though it's a typo, it surprisingly fits that mushroom headed rascal's nature. This what happens when you study ideology articles for more than an hour (I really need to get back to work now that I have the energy to do so). :laugh:

Sakurai is a man with priorities and half of everything was done to compensate for time constraints. Now that I think of it, I'd rather have a unique Daisy and Dixie than a simple model swap or Dr. Mario-esque clone.
Me too. I want her in her sports outfit! :b:

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
If Daisy makes it into Smash, Sakurai PLEASE put Daisy in her sports outfit.. it suits her more and she looks stylish in it.

I also hope they don't make her too skinny, she should be a bit thicker (not fat, but like thick. All About that Bass, basically).

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
If Daisy makes it into Smash, Sakurai PLEASE put Daisy in her sports outfit.. it suits her more and she looks stylish in it.

I also hope they don't make her too skinny, she should be a bit thicker (not fat, but like thick. All About that Bass, basically).
Sports Outfit for Master Race! It's pretty much one of the things that could potentially make her stand out among the other Mario characters.

Daisy being too skinny would be insulting since she needs a little meat on her bones to emphasize how tough she is. Plus that Bass and her "puffles" (If the new Mario Party is anything to go by) as you would say is needed.

Last edited:

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
This is a palette swap idea I had for Daisy. Similar to how Peach has a Daisy palette, it would make sense for Daisy to have a Peach color as well. What do you think?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
This is a palette swap idea I had for Daisy. Similar to how Peach has a Daisy palette, it would make sense for Daisy to have a Peach color as well. What do you think?

If Mario had a Wario color and Weegee had a Waluigi color, then why not? I can tell that certain people wouldn't mind playing as a blonde Daisy. :troll:

Top Bottom