• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy for SSB4 (A New Daisy for Smash Thread Opens See Pg. 197)

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
In that case, then, that's one thing that makes it a bit better...
It's that and the Amiibo support that's still got my interest, as long as the game is as solid as Mario Tennis Open is (I'm very fond of that game).

The only trouble is that they've cut my main from this game in favour of random one-time characters that few know and things that should be skins*, too, now, as well as from Mario Kart... (I typically main Diddy Kong in Mario spin-offs.)

I had to look up what on Earth a Sprixie is, and Dry Bowser doesn't need to be in his own roster slot.

Last edited:

Furret24

Smash Master
Ultra Smash sounds like $10 eshop title. Not a big name $50 retail game. The core gameplay is there, but it's missing more or less everything else. Thank goodness it atleast has my spinoff main, Boo.

What Mario Tennis game would you guys recommend? I want to try out the series.

I'm debating between Power Tennis and Open.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed

I highly recommend Mario Tennis Open, myself. Although the online is unfortunately region-restricted, it's got good single-card multi-player, and quite a good roster. It's always in my game-bag with me.

D

Deleted member

I had to look up what on Earth a Sprixie is, and Dry Bowser doesn't need to be in his own roster slot.
I am sad you haven't played Super Mario 3D World, which is imo the best Mario platformer ever so far.

Furret24

Smash Master
I am sad you haven't played Super Mario 3D World, which is imo the best Mario platformer ever so far.
I'm not surprised. She's stated before that she isn't much of a console gamer. :/

Shame, 3D World is a great game.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
According to Tamaki at least.

People are still listening to this guy? Tamaki, aka the least credible person in regards to anything Nintendo? I say we wait a bit because I don't believe him at all after his [thankfully] wrong leak of Shovel Knight being announced for Smash

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Still need to beat that Champion's Road soon. It's great that Azure's been having fun with his copy of the game and he's currently trying to get all the green stars in each level.

Though the process had to be slowed down due to the incompetence of his little cousins, but it was one of their birthday yesterday and he wanted them to have fun. He's actually so great with kids for a guy of his age (that's a more private subject we'll talk about later :laugh:).

yoshiunity

Smash Apprentice
NNID
YoshiUnity
Ultra Smash sounds like $10 eshop title. Not a big name $50 retail game. The core gameplay is there, but it's missing more or less everything else. Thank goodness it atleast has my spinoff main, Boo.

Honestly, I'll recommend both Power tennis and Mario Tennis 64 before Open. Open is okay, but it's a bit shallow. Not as shallow as Ultra Smash is looking right now, but it doesn't really have much to keep most interested in playing. Also, Miis can grow to be unbelievably overpowered in that game since they can be customized with gear. And personally, I'm not a fan of the Chance Shots. They add too much of a random factor and you have no control on when to use them or which one you get. Also, while it has online, it's region-locked. So no worldwide. The music and themed courses were pretty sweet though.

The N64 version feels more like Ultra Smash -- but with way much more content with what I'm seeing now. The gameplay still holds up even to this day. It has a variety of courts. And while the Mario courts were pretty bare bones, they still felt fun to play on just from the awesome soundtracks. This game originated the Tournament mode as well as the Ring shot for the tennis games. Plus, all the characters have awesome trophy celebration cutscenes that give their personalities time to shine.

Power Tennis is an overall solid titles that adds to the N64 title in almost every way. With funny cutscenes, trophy celebrations that really showcase the personalities of the characters and impressive amount of courts with the introduction of actual Mario gimmicks and holds the most expansive character roster in the series. The only thing I didn't like about it was the Power shots. They were fun, sure. But they also appeared too frequently and sort of interrupted the flow of the game for me. So I usually turned them off. Also, there was even a Bloopers reel!

Prince DZ

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RAS310
People are still listening to this guy? Tamaki, aka the least credible person in regards to anything Nintendo? I say we wait a bit because I don't believe him at all after his [thankfully] wrong leak of Shovel Knight being announced for Smash
Not that this has anything to do with his credibility, but I refuse to listen to anything that guy has to say because he is an EXTREME Daisy hater.

I know that sounds petty, but he once said on Twitter that Daisy fans are "******** morons". Bye.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
Not that this has anything to do with his credibility, but I refuse to listen to anything that guy has to say because he is an EXTREME Daisy hater.

I know that sounds petty, but he once said on Twitter that Daisy fans are "******** morons". Bye.
He's one to talk. Probably should check himself before he listens to his trash sources too.

Anyway, on the topic of Mario Tennis, it is pretty sad to see this game being so wasted like this. No supers, no gimmicks, no extra modes? Can we even call it a full game? I feel like Iwata's death also took a hit on the production of this game, because this is so bland for a Mario game and its upsetting to see that. We only have one item? Not the Countless other items that could've made it into this game? Why? It makes no sense. Supers being gone is also strange....they really should have tried harder on this game. Like MP10, I'll skip the game and get the amiibos. Here's to hoping Daisy is in the dress though. I love her athletic attire, but I want le dress

Prince DZ

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RAS310
Is it confirmed that they're going to make Amiibos for characters who don't already have one yet? Everyone thought Daisy and Waluigi would be getting them in time for MP10 until preview copies showed that they weren't playable in Amiibo Party.

D

Deleted member

Is it confirmed that they're going to make Amiibos for characters who don't already have one yet? Everyone thought Daisy and Waluigi would be getting them in time for MP10 until preview copies showed that they weren't playable in Amiibo Party.
Ah yes, Mario Party 10 was the other game that seemed rushed with no extra features. Apparently the first in the series with no story at all.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Wouldn't be suprised if it was true, after all he i---WAIT WHAT DID HE SAY ABOUT THE DAISY FANBASE????!?!?!?

Last edited:

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
Not yet, but heavily implied considering they are allowing Amiibo play and only 6 of the characters in the game already have a Super Mario series amiibo (add 4 if you count Smash Rosalina, DK, Wario, and Bowser Jr.)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Oh, so we're talking about that guy again? The hate coming from a famous person's mouth is no surprise since they are always on their high horse regarding their "facts". Plus, his followers would take anything he says as good like sheep and spread that hate throughout the Internet (Devil's Third being a GREAT example).

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Oh, so we're talking about that guy again? The hate coming from a famous person's mouth is no surprise since they are always on their high horse regarding their "facts". Plus, his followers would take anything he says as good like sheep and spread that hate throughout the Internet (Devil's Third being a GREAT example).
Devil's Third wasn't a good game regardless...

And one more thing I wanted to ask, since you're studying for mid-term exams, is it okay if I move the Daisy OP to @oni333's Semi-Social?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Devil's Third wasn't a good game regardless...

And one more thing I wanted to ask, since you're studying for mid-term exams, is it okay if I move the Daisy OP to @oni333's Semi-Social?
Sure, go ahead. That would make you the new thread owner if you do so. Waluigi's been missing that princess's company for many months though.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Sure, go ahead. That would make you the new thread owner if you do so. Waluigi's been missing that princess's company for many months though.
I'm glad to take that responsibility on, as Daisy is my no.1 most wanted for Smash! I hopefully won't let any of the fans down :D!

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914

This is why I love the Nintendo fandom. The guy isn't too far off about that sadly low quality Ultra Smash game spawning more of "that" art. The similar thing happened with the 3D Land games due to how adorable the Tanooki Suits were. Glad that more people are realizing how attractive Daisy truly is (no homo).

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

This is why I love the Nintendo fandom. The guy isn't too far off about that sadly low quality Ultra Smash game spawning more of "that" art. The similar thing happened with the 3D Land games due to how adorable the Tanooki Suits were. Glad that more people are realizing how attractive Daisy truly is (no homo).
Loving how crazy the GameXplain comment sections are? :troll:

All in all, even the most innocent of all video games are bound to spawn any art because of a certain rule. More people need to realize that Daisy is quite the looker despite her more annoying side being the banes of their existence.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Loving the new thread title and I'm glad that you are filling to throw the torch to one of your closest fans. Quite the huge boil-over during the last week this thread lives. Do any of you plan on inviting most of the fans on the list to that new thread?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Since everyone most likely had been invited to the Daisy social group. Now it's time for us to band together where the new support group by memoryman3 memoryman3 is. I'll currently go through the old support list to bring everyone there while those who are active can remind me now in case I've missed them.

Time to make sure the Daisy seeds are spread before they can finally sprout into something bigger.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Well, as Furret24 Furret24 notes, handhelds are my bread-and-butter, really, and I've already had a similar experience in Super Mario 3D Land, from which 3D World is derived. I don't generally like 3D platformers as I find them sparse and far less mechanically-interesting than 2D and 2.5D ones, and 3D Land was the first game to ever go against that, which greatly surprised me. It's actually one of my favourite games of all time. :laugh:

I'm not sure if lightning would strike twice and make the inconvenience of dealing with a home-console title worth my while, though, which is why I've held off of picking up 3D World. Is it really worth the time and effort?

I'm not surprised. She's stated before that she isn't much of a console gamer. :/

Shame, 3D World is a great game.
I'm still considering picking it up at some point (likewise Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze), though. ;)

Here's to hoping Daisy is in the dress though. I love her athletic attire, but I want le dress
I would say that this is likely due to the fact that Daisy's Amiibo would almost certainly be part of the Super Mario Series, where all of the represented characters are wearing their traditional, default attire.

It isn't officially confirmed, but reading between the lines it seems to be quite likely due to the fact that Mario Tennis Ultra Smash allows you to train up an AI-player that is stored on the Amiibo, in the same vein as Smash 3DS/Wii U.

Not yet, but heavily implied considering they are allowing Amiibo play and only 6 of the characters in the game already have a Super Mario series amiibo (add 4 if you count Smash Rosalina, DK, Wario, and Bowser Jr.)
Renders exist showing Super Mario Series Amiibo for Donkey Kong, Wario, and Rosalina, too, and the release of these Amiibo has been mentioned both on official websites and in press releases. I don't think it's a great stretch of the imagination to think that they'll show up alongside some of Ultra Smash's roster for the next wave of that series. :)

Last edited:

HanAmes

Smash Ace

Someone's feeling a little insecure as to attack us like that.:rolleyes: And where does he even get his information on that, anyway? If his answer is that he pulled it out of his (you know what), then be best put it back in because, that's a joke of an assumption and ******** and moronic in itself. So let's just ignore this jamoke and move on.

Anyhow, I was wondering if I'm allowed to create a thread in the Daisy Social to showcase the article about Daisy that I wrote, so that people could share their thoughts and discussions about it? I just felt the need to ask for permission first.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Anyhow, I was wondering if I'm allowed to create a thread in the Daisy Social to showcase the article about Daisy that I wrote, so that people could share their thoughts and discussions about it? I just felt the need to ask for permission first.
I think that's the whole idea behind the social. :) A melting-pot of awesome stuff like that, entirely Dedededicated to Daisy.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Someone's feeling a little insecure as to attack us like that.:rolleyes: And where does he even get his information on that, anyway? If his answer is that he pulled it out of his (you know what), then be best put it back in because, that's a joke of an assumption and ******** and moronic in itself. So let's just ignore this jamoke and move on.

I'm sure that you should make a thread about your article there (assuming that you've already did so). This is a free community where I encourage any and everyone to make fun discussions about Daisy and the like.

D

Deleted member

Well, as Furret24 Furret24 notes, handhelds are my bread-and-butter, really, and I've already had a similar experience in Super Mario 3D Land, from which 3D World is derived. I don't generally like 3D platformers as I find them sparse and far less mechanically-interesting than 2D and 2.5D ones, and 3D Land was the first game to ever go against that, which greatly surprised me. It's actually one of my favourite games of all time. :laugh:

I'm not sure if lightning would strike twice and make the inconvenience of dealing with a home-console title worth my while, though, which is why I've held off of picking up 3D World. Is it really worth the time and effort?

I'm still considering picking it up at some point (likewise Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze), though. ;)
I don't really blame anyone for not picking up the Wii U in its first year or two, but honestly I love the darn thing and know that it will have been home to some of my most favorite games, ever. I will always think of the Wii U with the fondest of memories despite the flack and failure it received. I'm sure most Wii U owners feel similarly.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
I don't really blame anyone for not picking up the Wii U in its first year or two, but honestly I love the darn thing and know that it will have been home to some of my most favorite games, ever. I will always think of the Wii U with the fondest of memories despite the flack and failure it received. I'm sure most Wii U owners feel similarly.
I bought my Wii U at launch... ;) I just have far less time for and interest in home-consoles because they're far less practical for me than handhelds are.

Last edited:

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Well it seems like the Social Threads can't be lurked :(.

So expect less activity....

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Well it seems like the Social Threads can't be lurked :(.

So expect less activity....
You mean the Daisy Social? I swore that I've made it public to everyone when I made it.

And be prepared for this lack of activity since being secluded to groups means that most newcomers are going to have a hard time looking for it. That might as well be the main downside of deleting these threads.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I'm sure most newcomers would have the right mind to press Groups and go to the Smash Wii U section for the social and the new thread.

Either way, I hope that problem gets rectified soon since we are in a new era where groups will be more relevant for character speculation than forums.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
I'm sure most newcomers would have the right mind to press Groups and go to the Smash Wii U section for the social and the new thread.

Either way, I hope that problem gets rectified soon since we are in a new era where groups will be more relevant for character speculation than forums.
On that note, it might be a good idea to try to make sure that the final posts in these threads point to the relevant social group(s), so that any newcomers finding these postings later on will have a signpost to where they need to go.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Maybe we can make it to 200 pages? We shouldn't stretch it, but we're at 197 now.

Top Bottom