• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy for SSB4 (A New Daisy for Smash Thread Opens See Pg. 197)

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Maybe we can make it to 200 pages? We shouldn't stretch it, but we're at 197 now.
We can see if we can make it knowing we have until Friday or Saturday of this week.

Who knows what became of the other active users since they all probably become more focused on the social.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
On that note, it might be a good idea to try to make sure that the final posts in these threads point to the relevant social group(s), so that any newcomers finding these postings later on will have a signpost to where they need to go.
That I can easily do, because the last thing we need is leaving our loyal flower children in the dark.

Maybe we can make it to 200 pages? We shouldn't stretch it, but we're at 197 now.
Sure why not? We've got to find some fun discussion for now or reflect on our good times here before the day this thread dies like the others.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
How about this:

What would be your dream outfit/overall portrayal for Daisy?
Dream outfit? I can not really recall everything I've said for a redesign when this discussion happened, but I have a good idea of how it would work. Give her slightly darker skin, green eyes, exotic patterns on her dress, a more thinner texture to the dress to match her origin, and slightly thicker arms. Her competitive and brash personality can remain the same, but more subdued like her original self and having a more "sweeter" tone to her voice (But not too introverted like Peach). A perfect mixture of the old and new that anyone can get behind.

Burruni

Smash Hero
I'm honestly surprised that in the acts to help diversify Daisy from Peach post N64....

They made them the same shade of apricot for skin colour.

Not saying "OMG racist Nintendo I need muh tanned level skin representation in muh princesses."

But... I feel like it would've helped keep that kind of line between them.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I'm honestly surprised that in the acts to help diversify Daisy from Peach post N64....

Not saying "OMG racist Nintendo I need muh tanned level skin representation in muh princesses."

I REALLY would have loved for Nintendo to at least keep Princess Daisy's tan from 2000-2002, at least

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Actually, I kinda like the apricot skin colour that Daisy has. It seems to suit her newer face better and makes her consistent with Mario, Weegee and Peach.

And I say this as a dark skinned person.

PKFreeze89

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Scizor711
3DS FC
4742-5952-7792
I can't stop laughing at this

Sarasaland is basically a desert, it makes sense Daisy having a tan.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I can't stop laughing at this

Sarasaland is basically a desert, it makes sense Daisy having a tan.
Ouch, now that sounds like something that would even make Mariotehplumber chuckle. :laugh:

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
How about this:

My dream outfit/overall portrayal for Daisy is simply her in her sports outfit- the official design. It's my most favorite outfit of hers, and looks sporty, yet elegant and stylish because of the matching colors, the jewelry, and her white collar. It ticks me off a lot when I see a drawing of Daisy without a crown or when the white collar is missing from the sports outfit. Ugh! lol

However, if I had to change Daisy's overall appearance, I'd make her have darker skin, or completely change her to black. Even if she was black/had darker skin though, I would like to keep her hair style, since I think it looks really pretty. And I would keep her eye color as blue (or make it green) to make her look like more of an exotic African girl. I mean, Daisy being white is cool, but I just think it would be nice if the Mario series had more diversity, and to me, Daisy would've been perfect to make dark or black mostly because she had that skin color in the old Mario 64 games and because she comes from a place (Sarasaland) similar to Egypt.

I'd also make her thicker and a lot less skinny.
For example, I really love this cartoon artwork of Peach and Daisy because you can see a big contrast between them.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Not going to lie, but the idea of a Black Daisy does sound interesting even though the fanboys would whine about social justice warrior hullabaloo. But blokes are bound to complain about things that aren't the way they want or suddenly changed. The Sonic fanbase is a controversial example of this and I usually see these fans all the time. :rolleyes:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Not going to lie, but the idea of a Black Daisy does sound interesting even though the fanboys would whine about social justice warrior hullabaloo. But blokes are bound to complain about things that aren't the way they want or suddenly changed. The Sonic fanbase is a controversial example of this and I usually see these fans all the time. :rolleyes:
Evil Craig: "The Sonic fanbase are horrible people."

They are always a perfect example of a self entitled fandom that complain over any change (blue arms anyone?) or don't know what they want in the franchise.

A-Town

Smash Rookie
How about this:

I'd just add some characteristics from her original designs to her current one.

Have that old polka pattern ring around her skirt. Make her crown red again (it was more of a pinkish before, but plain red would go better with the orange and yellow in her ensemble.).Make her hair a little more orange, and give her back the tan.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
My dream outfit/overall portrayal for Daisy is simply her in her sports outfit- the official design. It's my most favorite outfit of hers, and looks sporty, yet elegant and stylish because of the matching colors, the jewelry, and her white collar. It ticks me off a lot when I see a drawing of Daisy without a crown or when the white collar is missing from the sports outfit. Ugh! lol

However, if I had to change Daisy's overall appearance, I'd make her have darker skin, or completely change her to black. Even if she was black/had darker skin though, I would like to keep her hair style, since I think it looks really pretty. And I would keep her eye color as blue (or make it green) to make her look like more of an exotic African girl. I mean, Daisy being white is cool, but I just think it would be nice if the Mario series had more diversity, and to me, Daisy would've been perfect to make dark or black mostly because she had that skin color in the old Mario 64 games and because she comes from a place (Sarasaland) similar to Egypt.

I'd also make her thicker and a lot less skinny.
For example, I really love this cartoon artwork of Peach and Daisy because you can see a big contrast between them.
Ahem.

Burruni

Smash Hero
A real blast from the past. I loved HiimDaisy's comics.

It's sooooooooo symbolic! Anyone up for a mascot character?
Watching a show the other day when a little girl happened to be drinking vending machine black coffee, to the surprise of the protagonist.

First words out of my mouth. "DADDY, I WANT IT BLACK!"

Back to Daisy and "ethnicity to diversify," I feel like the change... shouldn't be drastic, especially when we are looking at one of the most cookie cutter franchises.

N64 Era Daisy, I feel, kept herself most aesthetically different without it being... a gap, so to speak.

D

Deleted member

Maybe they removed the tan because Daisy was supposed to be maybe Peach's cousin? Except I'm pretty sure Nintendo doesn't know/care anymore.

You know, maybe Daisy would gain more fans if she got another redesign, just to inject some freshness into her. Her bangs are kinda old-fashioned. And her dress could be much more exotic. I just don't think she needs to change ethnicities or body types...

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Sometimes, I think I'm the only one who likes Daisy's design exactly how it is now. :laugh: (My favourite looks for her are her original design, and her current one.)

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Watching a show the other day when a little girl happened to be drinking vending machine black coffee, to the surprise of the protagonist.

First words out of my mouth. "DADDY, I WANT IT BLACK!"

Back to Daisy and "ethnicity to diversify," I feel like the change... shouldn't be drastic, especially when we are looking at one of the most cookie cutter franchises.

N64 Era Daisy, I feel, kept herself most aesthetically different without it being... a gap, so to speak.
Uh...you know, the third pic (Mario Golf) there is of Azalea, who is supposedly Princess Daisy's twin sister.

IggyKoopa66

Smash Cadet
NNID
Keemie
I like Daisy's current design... To tell you the truth, facially she definitely looks way different than Peach and Rosalina. One thing I do wish they would have kept from the original design is the little pattern on the bottom of her dress

As for the tan, she didn't originally have it...so I could take or leave it. Sarasaland was only 1/4 desert anyway (Muda, Easton, and Chai were not deserts). We need to throw some SML references in one of Daisy's stages in the spinoffs. Even if it is just the segmented looking pipes from her kingdom.

Isn't it funny how both Daisy and Luigi started off as pretty much recolors of their derivatives, but gained completely different personalities from Mario and Peach? Funnier the fact that they tend to be opposites of each other as well.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I like Daisy's current design... To tell you the truth, facially she definitely looks way different than Peach and Rosalina. One thing I do wish they would have kept from the original design is the little pattern on the bottom of her dress

As for the tan, she didn't originally have it...so I could take or leave it. Sarasaland was only 1/4 desert anyway (Muda, Easton, and Chai were not deserts). We need to throw some SML references in one of Daisy's stages in the spinoffs. Even if it is just the segmented looking pipes from her kingdom.

Isn't it funny how both Daisy and Luigi started off as pretty much recolors of their derivatives, but gained completely different personalities from Mario and Peach? Funnier the fact that they tend to be opposites of each other as well.
Couldn't have said it better myself, Daisy's current design is fine the way it is with some minor tweaks needed. The tan was great for what it was back then, though we have to remember that only a quarter of her kingdom was really desert inspired and took inspiration from other foreign places (including Easter Island). There do need to be more nods to her kingdom in spinoffs however, wjlhethervut may be the original desert or Bombshell Koopas as hazards. And it true that Luigi and Daisy have more than enough in common like their origins and development into actual characters.

By the way, would you want me to invite you to the new Daisy support thread so that you can be on the list?

D

Deleted member

I do. I didn't make the image, just had the best comparison of Original, N64, and Modern daisy.
So get this: Azalea clearly pays tribute to Daisy, but did you know that the character Plum was also likely a reference to Peach?
Peach, Plum; Daisy, Azalea (a flower). The only thing is Plum looks nothing like Peach.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
So get this: Azalea clearly pays tribute to Daisy, but did you know that the character Plum was also likely a reference to Peach?
Peach, Plum; Daisy, Azalea (a flower). The only thing is Plum looks nothing like Peach.
You think that's odd? Hear this: Turn out Plum is actually Princess Peach's cousin, and Azalea is Princess Daisy's twin sister.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
This just reminds me of Little King Story who has "Princess Apricot." Let's just say... they weren't subtle with their references.

Good game. The Vita... one is a odd middle ground of being a sequel and a remake that can't decide WHICH it wants to be.

Pikmin with "RPG Classes" and a town building aspect and g-rated harem building.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Funny how we are literally two pages away from closing at 200 pages, huh.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
I never knew that about Azalea and Plum...imagine them returning to Mario as that set role

Also, not sure if this has ever been shared:

Last edited:

Mr. Oshawott

Smash Apprentice
For an Amiibo that's fanmade, that's quite an awesome figure of Daisy in her Mario Strikers Charged soccer outfit.

Prince DZ

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RAS310
Definitely much more satisfying than the repainted Peach ones. I kind of wish this one still didn't have Peach's face shape and features, but they did a great job regardless.

Last edited:
Top Bottom