• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy for SSB4 (A New Daisy for Smash Thread Opens See Pg. 197)

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Unlike a certain female dinosaur
As long as trasphobes inhabit the Mario fandom, I doubt we all ever see more of that badass egg shooter. It's such a shame too since they treat the idea of a fictional masculine dinosaur believing that it's female would be too much for kids to handle. At this point, most fans shouldn't care about her gender since both her species and Yoshi's species reproduce asexually anyways.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
As long as trasphobes inhabit the Mario fandom, I doubt we all ever see more of that badass egg shooter. It's such a shame too since they treat the idea of a fictional masculine dinosaur believing that it's female would be too much for kids to handle. At this point, most fans shouldn't care about her gender since both her species and Yoshi's species reproduce asexually anyways.
And I thought the gender of the Koopa species was weird....

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Just as fair warning, we are better off NOT getting on the whole subject of Birdo's gender since such debates never end well. And this is coming from personal experience in the past.

Anyways, the Daisy Social should be coming along juts fine. I've already asked Babycowland Babycowland about the place of it being in the Mario section of the Nintenzone Forums. I did remember "Hi! I'm the Daisy Social" being the winning name for the social in that straw poll. So I can make it once I get an answer from her/him since this needs to be made well.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Just as fair warning, we are better off NOT getting on the whole subject of Birdo's gender since such debates never end well. And this is coming from personal experience in the past.

Anyways, the Daisy Social should be coming along juts fine. I've already asked Babycowland Babycowland about the place of it being in the Mario section of the Nintenzone Forums. I did remember "Hi! I'm the Daisy Social" being the winning name for the social in that straw poll. So I can make it once I get an answer from her/him since this needs to be made well.
Got it. We already had enough heated debates for a while anyway. We can definitely do without these.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Attention all Daisy fans! Attention all Daisy fans!

The Hi! I'm the Daisy Social Thread is now complete. Anyone who wants to be our guinea pigs and test the place out can feel free to join. It's public, meaning that you don't need an invitation to find the thread and always remind me whenever you want to join. rap thread where you can introduce yourself was made (talk about your favorite games and exposer to Daisy there) and matchmaking thread was made for whenever anyone wants to play Smash/Mario Kart. Any other thread can be made by whoever joins like a fanart thread, fan fiction thread, or even on based on a general Mario spinoff that isn't competitive. So get on out there and make this social big!

http://smashboards.com/social-forums/hi-im-the-daisy-social.1872/

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Two words: Sprite limitations. You know, like how Bowser's NES Sprite lacked his trademark hair? It should be no surprise that Square confirmed countless times that she is female and what you saw was a mistake.
In fairness, Bowser's original NES sprite is the only one lacking it. He's fine in his other NES appearances.

Originally, Bowser's design was inspired by that of Gyumaou (or "King Gruesome", in the dub) from the 1960 movie Saiyuki, which was dubbed as "Alakazam the Great" for the US market in 1961. This is why he looks as he does in the first Super Mario Bros. game - it's not due to sprite limitations in this case, but due to the fact that he was originally inspired by a character that resembled a bull. ;)

Last edited:

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
Questions about the new Mario & Sonic:

Do you think Daisy will get her own official artwork again like she gloriously did in Ultra Smash?
Do you think Rosalina will appear?

I hope Daisy gets an official artwork.
I think Rosalina will appear, but it will probably be less exciting to me since Daisy is my favorite lol. When Rosalina was confirmed for Ultra Smash I was surprised but not nearly as excited as I was upon seeing my Sarasaland bae. I am honestly hoping Rosalina does not get booty shorts like Daisy has for Mario & Sonic 2016 and instead I think she should just keep the pretty outfit she has in Ultra Smash with the skirt and the leggings. It's bad enough that Peach has the shorts in Mario & Sonic 2016 which takes away from Daisy's uniqueness and her own outfit. And honestly, the shorts do not suit Peach and Rosalina in my opinion. They look prettier in their skirts!

I suppose it is pointless to make an attempt now that you have your own group but I can be a DETERMINED little jerk

Giving the invite out to everyone if you choose to accept it.

MY group will be remaining open and will allow anyone to come if they wish to return to business as usual. Make your thread here if you would like. Trying to keep the community together.
http://smashboards.com/social-forums/predefined-role-character-support.1812/

HanAmes

Smash Ace
Attention all Daisy fans! Attention all Daisy fans!

The Hi! I'm the Daisy Social Thread is now complete. Anyone who wants to be our guinea pigs and test the place out can feel free to join. It's public, meaning that you don't need an invitation to find the thread and always remind me whenever you want to join. rap thread where you can introduce yourself was made (talk about your favorite games and exposer to Daisy there) and matchmaking thread was made for whenever anyone wants to play Smash/Mario Kart. Any other thread can be made by whoever joins like a fanart thread, fan fiction thread, or even on based on a general Mario spinoff that isn't competitive. So get on out there and make this social big!

http://smashboards.com/social-forums/hi-im-the-daisy-social.1872/
How do I become a member?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
There is some weird issue with this. I had to be invited before notifications would work properly, for me, even though I had already posted there.
I've invited you again and accepting the invitation should fix things.

And by the way, should we think about transferring this thread to oni33's group since the boards are going down soon?

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
I've invited you again and accepting the invitation should fix things.
Thanks very much - it did! :)

And by the way, should we think about transferring this thread to oni33's group since the boards are going down soon?
I think you have to make a new thread over there, at which point it would sort of render the Daisy social group redundant.

Babycowland

Smash Journeyman
It's a good thing that the Daisy social group was set up today. The character boards are being closed next week, which will affect threads for characters not in the game.

Well, I didn't really predict that exact thing happening, but I just felt like using this...
There is some weird issue with this. I had to be invited before notifications would work properly, for me, even though I had already posted there.
I'm not sure what the cause of that issue is. It might have something to do with making the social group open to the public but still having limits on what non-members can do. I don't know.

In any event, if you posted in this thread in the last 10 pages and/or are listed on the supporters' list (and haven't changed your name since being added to it), you should've received an invite. There's absolutely no need to like those invites by the way. I don't want any like inflation, haha.

If you are on the supporters' list but changed your name or aren't on the supporters' list and want to be part of the social group feel free to make yourself known. I'd be glad to send an invite your way.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I think you have to make a new thread over there, at which point it would sort of render the Daisy social group redundant.
It's more about retaining the features of the original support thread (supporters list and all).

But we should be fine with the social itself since it's not about gathering more supporters anymore (especially with the Smash Ballot's closure).

yoshiunity

Smash Apprentice
NNID
YoshiUnity
Questions about the new Mario & Sonic:

Do you think Daisy will get her own official artwork again like she gloriously did in Ultra Smash?
Do you think Rosalina will appear?

I hope Daisy gets an official artwork.
I think Rosalina will appear, but it will probably be less exciting to me since Daisy is my favorite lol. When Rosalina was confirmed for Ultra Smash I was surprised but not nearly as excited as I was upon seeing my Sarasaland bae. I am honestly hoping Rosalina does not get booty shorts like Daisy has for Mario & Sonic 2016 and instead I think she should just keep the pretty outfit she has in Ultra Smash with the skirt and the leggings. It's bad enough that Peach has the shorts in Mario & Sonic 2016 which takes away from Daisy's uniqueness and her own outfit. And honestly, the shorts do not suit Peach and Rosalina in my opinion. They look prettier in their skirts!

I'm almost 100% certain that Daisy will get an official character art in Mario and Sonic Rio 2016. Despite this entry getting a nice increase in characters, Sega has been very consistent with giving Daisy official art like everyone else. So I wouldn't worry. Honestly, I just don't know what if would be a render of, It could be Daisy in her equestrian/winter outfit, standard sports or leotard. I'm fine either way as long as these render actually get a decent resolution unlike Sochi's which were ripped from the site.

As for Rosalina... Honestly, we already have characters confirmed playable from Nabbit to Sticks the Badger, so I'd be cool in her inclusion and surprised if she wasn't playable especially with the push she's been getting. Honestly, I don't mind if Rosie gets a outfit similar to Peach and Daisy in this. The female characters in this have two to three outfits each to wear in the summer games. I'd rather the outfits just have hints of deigns from their dresses to save time. Plus, if she had her own design while Daisy and Peach still have similar ones, it will only make her stand out more. And overall, I'm fine with Peach and Rosie wearing shorts depending on the sport. The summer Olympics Mario and Sonic titles don't really have many sports that suit that look. Golf and tennis are fine sports for skirts -- and are actual options for them -- while sprinting, hurdles, judo, boxing, weight lifting, bike riding and etc isn't. And true, golf and tennis are Olympic events, but focusing on the greater good saves time in developing the game.

Last edited:

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
I'm almost 100% certain that Daisy will get an official character art in Mario and Sonic Rio 2016. Despite this entry getting a nice increase in characters, Sega has been very consistent with giving Daisy official art like everyone else. So I wouldn't worry. Honestly, I just don't know what if would be a render of, It could be Daisy in her equestrian/winter outfit, standard sports or leotard. I'm fine either way as long as these render actually get a decent resolution unlike Sochi's which were ripped from the site.

As for Rosalina... Honestly, we already have characters confirmed playable from Nabbit to Sticks the Badger, so I'd be cool in her inclusion and surprised if she wasn't playable especially with the push she's been getting. Honestly, I don't mind if Rosie gets a outfit similar to Peach and Daisy in this. The female characters in this have two to three outfits each to wear in the summer games. I'd rather the outfits just have hints of deigns from their dresses to save time. Plus, if she had her own design while Daisy and Peach still have similar ones, it will only make her stand out more. And overall, I'm fine with Peach and Rosie wearing shorts depending on the sport. The summer Olympics Mario and Sonic titles don't really have many sports that suit that look. Golf and tennis are fine sports for skirts -- and are actual options for them -- while sprinting, hurdles, judo, boxing, weight lifting, bike riding and etc isn't. And true, golf and tennis are Olympic events, but focusing on the greater good saves time in developing the game.
I guess you're right, Sega has been quite consistent in giving her official artwork, as you said. I'm hoping it isn't the equestrian/winter outfit, since that's my least favorite outfit, lol and besides we have a lot of official art of Daisy in that outfit already. I'm hoping it's either the sports outfit or the leotard.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
From this preview, Mario Tennis Ultra Smash seems like a disappointment :(.

They've confirmed a few of my fears. I expect "apologies" from the peanut gallery.

- No Tournament mode
- No Ring Shot mode
- No options menu (WTF?)
- No gimmick courts or unlockable courts
- The renders on the character select screen are final
- Not only does the game not have an opening CGI cutscene, but it doesn't have an opening period; it just abruptly starts

"Calling it Mario Tennis is almost giving it too much credit."
I was looking forward to playing Tennis in lush HD themed jungles. Sooooo much missed potential. 2015 has not been a good year for Nintendo....

Furret24

Smash Master
Ultra Smash is starting to sound rushed and incomplete. I think I'll wait for a price drop or just get it used now. :/

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Ultra Smash having these many flaws and this being the only major holiday title coming soon is going to put a huge dent in Nintendo's reputation (as if the E3 situation didn't cause enough damage). We might as well say that this is a worse console generation than the GameCube and the NX should indeed make up for all of this.

Last edited:

HanAmes

Smash Ace
Wow, heh...it seems that the development team have become lazy, lately. But after every storm comes a grand, luscious day, so let's not lose heart, my friends.

D

Deleted member

This seems to have been a trend lately in games like Mario Kart 8, Super Smash Bros., and this--the core of the game looks great and polished, but other extras are missing. For Mario Kart 8, the pitiful battle mode suffered, and Smash had no kind of adventure mode.

I mean, at least the priorities are right I suppose, but in most cases the developers pretend nothing was missing at all and don't make up for it in DLC or anything. :/

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Let's be honest, the only way I see this selling or becoming more popular is if we had some DLC reveals in a Nintendo Direct. It worked for Hyrule Warriors after all.

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
I do have to admit that Ultra Smash seems bland and is lacking plenty of features like special moves, mini games, and crazy courts.

But honestly the beautiful character animations, and the fact that Daisy is getting a lot more spotlight and loving treatment makes up for it.

Even though the game looks plain, I feel like it will still be fun and addicting. I want to defeat so many people in online mode with Daisy!!

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
This seems to have been a trend lately in games like Mario Kart 8, Super Smash Bros., and this--the core of the game looks great and polished, but other extras are missing. For Mario Kart 8, the pitiful battle mode suffered, and Smash had no kind of adventure mode.

I mean, at least the priorities are right I suppose, but in most cases the developers pretend nothing was missing at all and don't make up for it in DLC or anything. :/
At least Mario Kart 8 isn't phoned in as hard as this Tennis game is.

Imagine if Mario Kart only had the Mario Circuit background but with six different tracks, no items, and the Original 8 characters in 2015!

Last edited:

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122

I was looking forward to playing Tennis in lush HD themed jungles. Sooooo much missed potential. 2015 has not been a good year for Nintendo....
So many features taken out, and here I was looking forward to seeing who would be Peach's default partner here, Daisy or Rosalina.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122

Double post on its own, darn it.

Last edited:

HanAmes

Smash Ace
Is the game even finished, yet? It COULD still be developed as we speak, but what do I know...? I'm just a guy behind a laptop.:ohwell:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Is the game even finished, yet? It COULD still be developed as we speak, but what do I know...? I'm just a guy behind a laptop.:ohwell:
It's out in less than a month. They'll be finalising it and sending it into production right about now, if they haven't already.

The version seen in these press videos is very likely the final build, or very close to it.

Mr. Oshawott

Smash Apprentice
It's pretty disheartening that Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash isn't so ultimate as I expected it would. :(
Just one stage and no Options menu and no Online mode...Yep, this game is destined to become boring after some time.

Last edited:
Top Bottom