• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The San Antonio Brawl Thread: Steakfest 3, 7/31, see 1st post, new annoucements!

What night would you like Gamelot's weekly gaming fests to be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Broly

Smash Lord
Hylian, forget talking on lamefaqs
Im really tired of your mouth, so like i said we can do this 100$ melee match (since you know you will beat me) if we do the 100$ tekken match (since i know i will beat you) Then wat? you gonna brag about how you beat me in melee? will it make u feel superior or something? ha get a life kid.
Let me know when you're in SA so this can go down. Ur lame kid, for real
lolz...the drama begins....

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
How does a store make $315 in profit in one day and still do fine? That's barely enough to pay off the employees. That's not to mention leasing for the space, electricity, and other costs. And this was during a tournament! Knowing Gamelot probably 2 other tournaments were happening during the day as well.

Or was this $15 straight up profit, as in not gross profit?
Well like I said he lost most the money he was supposed to be making ($5 wrist bands) that day, because he covered the Melee prize.

As for how Cliff finances himself, I don't know, ask him.

forkgirl

Smash Lord
Kyle, i've been pretty busy and out of the melee community (does it still exist? If not, i know i was no help ;_; sorry guys for my lack of support and attendance at recent melee tourneys) but I would like to help out with the melee part of FS5 in any way possible. I will FOR SURE be there (hold me accountable XD guilt trip me, etc I WILL BE THERE!) I know registration/fees can be a pain and get confusing, especially if there are many events, so if you want me to do that while you run the tourney or whatever...just let me know how i can help. :)

Nike.

Smash Hero
weak **** talking, let me know when you want lessons
I was wondering when you were coming in to restore order.

And despite whether or not he johned, challenging texas and then turning down a $150 mm of two players simply because you dont want to drive 1-2 hours is pretty low. If your so good, why not accept a VERY rewarding challenge?

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I was wondering when you were coming in to restore order.

And despite whether or not he johned, challenging texas and then turning down a $150 mm of two players simply because you dont want to drive 1-2 hours is pretty low. If your so good, why not accept a VERY rewarding challenge?
This. I don't need to talk if you won't even accept a MM lol. And you obviously don't know when someone is trolling you.

Gamefaqs is too good :).

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
The new Roost will be open soon at UTSA. When the offices open, I will see about running tournaments in there. It's fairly spacious, but I'm worried the new tvs they put in are gay laggy ones. If that's the case then we have to bring tvs. Luckily I already have two good ones, I would just need someone to help me get them to the venue.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
**** you, I really wanted it at Gamelot.

Oh well, so long as you have it somewhere in good 'ol SA. Can't wait to see what's going to develop within the next few days and weeks.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
No news on teh Roost yet.

I have other good news though. Cliff sent me an email and wants me to do another smash tournament. So I will be making that first local tournament pretty soon.

Nike.

Smash Hero
Sweet. I live 5 minutes from gamelot. If you ever do get another one started with Cliff, send me a pm for housing.

Hylian. Do you think you could make a top 5/10 of every player only in san antonio? I recently got a car and I might try to make an effort to make this city actually comparable to the other 3 major cities. I know that SA can be more unified if we all decided to step it up.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
No news on teh Roost yet.

I have other good news though. Cliff sent me an email and wants me to do another smash tournament. So I will be making that first local tournament pretty soon.
I'm already anxious for some Brawl action, and I want to look good for my first impressions.

Hurry up and give us a date you silly little man!!!

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Sweet. I live 5 minutes from gamelot. If you ever do get another one started with Cliff, send me a pm for housing.

Hylian. Do you think you could make a top 5/10 of every player only in san antonio? I recently got a car and I might try to make an effort to make this city actually comparable to the other 3 major cities. I know that SA can be more unified if we all decided to step it up.
If you let me play them yeah. The only person I can recall playing from SA is Kite.

Nike.

Smash Hero
Only kite?!? Wow, we ARE that pathetic.

Brawl. Puff, how far are you from gamelot? Maybe we can get a few matches next week.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
Well, quite a handful of people from San Antonio showed up to FS4, but I think some of them go to college in other places.

I'm going to Gamelot today to have a chat with Cliff on tournaments. Expect an update soon.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Only kite?!? Wow, we ARE that pathetic.

Brawl. Puff, how far are you from gamelot? Maybe we can get a few matches next week.
@ 1st Comment: Yeah, it makes me sad. Only so many people are good in SA.

@ 2nd: I'm a bit aways (I'm at St. Mary's University, that's about 20 Minutes away), but I'd be more than willing to go to Gamelot to squeeze in a chunk of matches...

@KM: Update soon, you're making me get all giddy...

Nike.

Smash Hero
Wait, does Kite even have an account? I cant seem to find it anywhere.

Can't wait to hear from Kyle. Im gonna try to get every n00b i can possibly find and somehow convince all 100 of them that there the best lol. Umm yep, gonna hype this as much as possible.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Wait, does Kite even have an account? I cant seem to find it anywhere.

Can't wait to hear from Kyle. Im gonna try to get every n00b i can possibly find and somehow convince all 100 of them that there the best lol. Umm yep, gonna hype this as much as possible.
lol

Same here. Gonna get everyone I know to try to jump into this thing once a date is set.

Alex19

Smash Journeyman
lol

Same here. Gonna get everyone I know to try to jump into this thing once a date is set.
anyone wanna come to my house and play i mean if i **** you i can maybe train you. or even MM i dont care(melee)

i even got a capture card to record.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
Mark your calenders people.

September 20th and October 11th. The first in a series of monthly tournaments at Gamelot.

Soul Calibur 4
Brawl
Melee

More information to be posted soon.

nakofan64

Smash Apprentice
Anyone want to chill out here at my place tomorrow and get some games in? I don't have a Wii or Brawl but since I know everyone is off tomorrow, I'll be looking for something to do.

Who's interested?

SmileyStation

Smash Journeyman
Ill see if i can make this tourney, my chances are favored more on Oct 11. cause its the week of my birthday. Sept 20th is still kinda iffy in my mind because of work, but ill see how much *** i can kiss with my boss to make both days possible. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom