• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Rio Grande Valley Thread (Brownsville Brawlfest 4 july 18th)

Magik0722

Smash Champion
So what about that big tournament thats supposed to happen in the RGV, we really should decide a venue already.

tsetse

Smash Lord
A huge statewide valley tourney could only really work if it is run like the mexican players do. Where half the crew plays and the other half actually runs the tourney but does not play. Not even friendlie.

defsithe

Smash Ace
A Tournament run by the entire rgv crew.
its like impossible to motivate the valley players. things like rides and location really keep us from achieving anything. most of the noob we get players r from mcallen area. people outside of the valley crew that actually no smash r in brownsville. they have to find a ride from brownsville and usually dont have room for a setup. not everyone has tvs to spare like me so i have to drive tvs to mcallen area and back. and then we beat the noob players so they stop showing up and we end up with just Valley Crew (whats left of us), brownsville, and valley crew associates maybe a few random noobs that think they r good. so small tourny fees and not pulling in big numbers is not enticing to up staters. so they valley never really expands.

if we were to pull it off it would be just like rey said in the post above. it would take more people to run that the usually 2-3. which subtracts from the already small pot. so yeah i doubt we could pull it off.

A huge statewide valley tourney could only really work if it is run like the mexican players do. Where half the crew plays and the other half actually runs the tourney but does not play. Not even friendlie.
i miss mexico when is the next smashmex?

also i want a reynosa burger when i go back to the valley.

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
Hm,..someone from RGV PM me whenever there's a tournament set up down there. I visit family in La Feria so if there was a Smash tourny it'd make the trip bearable.

tsetse

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=211141

So this looks like it will be epic. I have decided to make a very big effort to make it to this. by plane the flight will be around 460$, if it is booked with a hotel that goes up to 550. but thats a hotel for 4 days so its a good deal. By car it is Estimated Time: 29 hours 22 minutes Estimated Distance: 1988.74 miles. overall fuel cost for the car is around 300$. Plus a hotel if that is what is chosen. If split by 4 people by car then this should run 135.... but just for basics gas and hotel. Counting tourney fee food and other junk then this trip still requires 400$. to be comfortable, it could be done at 300$ but you would have to eat only chicken nuggents and dr. pip.

So by plane=700$ travel time 4-5 hours

By car= 400$ travel time 29 hours with majoras.

So post up if you are interested. PS this fall in my time off.

defsithe

Smash Ace
mikey wants to go. i need to find out how many day of summer classes i can miss and all that good stuff.

tsetse

Smash Lord
well if you were top tier then you would be able to miss class mikey......

Triforce_Link

Smash Rookie
um..hi everyone im new at the boards but not new to smash ;)...so i wanted to meet people from the valley that play smash because im tired of Wi-Fi and most of my friends suck v.v;...so...i dont know what to say now >.< lol....

Magik0722

Smash Champion
I'm in pharr right now but i live in weslaco, there are only two smashers i know that live in pharr. Maybe a few more if i look at my list. But your goign to have to travel for tournaments

Triforce_Link

Smash Rookie
yea i know =/ so...seriously im blank atm -_-...u wanna brawl or something...?wait nvm wi-fi is messed up atm >.>

Triforce_Link

Smash Rookie
so, would you mind telling me how to take the Smash n00b from my name im embarrassed just by looking at it >.> lol

defsithe

Smash Ace
Post more then itll go away
yeah magik encourage spamming lol. as for the new guy triforce. u play melee:chuckle:?? or just brawl?:(

edit to changing thing above avatar: u can also get a paid account and u can change it yourself, or i think u can as a super mod but i dont no which would do it for u.

Triforce_Link

Smash Rookie
lol i play both but i havent played melee in a long time, i kindda miss it tho, i miss using my sheik more often :( lol and stupid wi-fi its still down! >.<

Magik0722

Smash Champion
sheik ;_; one matchup i can never win. Anyways me and haMm are probably going to host another tournament again at the arcade, hopfully there will be a bigger smash scene this time now that it will be a much longer notice

Triforce_Link

Smash Rookie
sheik ;_; one matchup i can never win. Anyways me and haMm are probably going to host another tournament again at the arcade, hopfully there will be a bigger smash scene this time now that it will be a much longer notice
lol, sheik ftw :D anyways where is the tournament gonna be and when...?

Triforce_Link

Smash Rookie
no i dont but my mom can always give me a drive whenever i want :D lol, im kindda of a freshmen here >.<...

Magik0722

Smash Champion
Well yes but i play alot of characters
i play
Brawl:
Diddy kong
Snake
Metaknight
Pokemon Trainer

Melee:
Bowser
Fox
Falco
but i couldnt find an avatar for that

Magik0722

Smash Champion
Yes, another person should be coming back to weslaco also from holiday vaction. I only know of 2 other smashers that live in weslaco

Triforce_Link

Smash Rookie
i dont have a cell but ill give my hosue :S sorry its a long story to wat happened to my cell >.> anyways my house phone is 783-0503 im almost always home except for weekends sometimes just ask for pablo if u call >.>

defsithe

Smash Ace
everyone should play melee. and for the next tourny lets start melee towards the end of brawl not after all of brawl is done. like when less tvs r needed.

next time if in able to attend ill bring a cube and wii melee/brawl to help speed things along. maybe a tv or two or three. and next time ill post more bulletins on the rgv smashers myspace i havent really been keeping up with it.

did u guys stay until after the mall had closed? cuz when i left the mall was already closing. as for the reg fee the owner shouldnt have to ask for u guys to round everyone up halfway through the day. this will make it much easier to for u guys to use the venue whenever. and the owner got after hamm for fro cursing but not much yall can do about the hype-ness.

also i might enter TvC next time depends on when i get the game dled and gamma loader and all that good stuff. and a wii stick. (i want a ps2 one with GC converter but they r expensive, too see if i can play melee with it lol)

Top Bottom