• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Rio Grande Valley Thread (Brownsville Brawlfest 4 july 18th)

Magik0722

Smash Champion
Welcome to the RGV

This thread is for people of the RGV and help them find local tournaments, find people for friendlies or anything else the RGV has on its mind.

RGV Contacts
I have amassed alot of phone numbers, emails, and myspaces of some valley smashers, but i will not post them until I get their permission. If you want me to post your contact info here send me a pm.

Magik : 956-463-7383 / Magik0722@gmail.com / Myspace Profile
Broly : ... / ... / Myspace Profile
Pax : ... / ... / Myspace Profile
Danilo : ... / ... / Myspace Profile
Vash : ... /... / Myspace Profile
Gus : ... / ... / Myspace Profile

Links for the RGV

Shoryuken Harligen Thread (mainly Marvel)
Magik BiWeeklies
RGV Smashers Myspace

What is on the RGV mind

Upcoming Events

Brownsville Brawlfest 4 july 18th

paco27291

Smash Rookie
I would agree on Oct. 25 or perhaps also sometime in December when school finishes and maybe we can have a bigger turnout. We can make some flyers also and everyone can pass them out in their university or school and also we can take them to the game stops and malls. Of course also posting it up in allisbrawl and smashboards as well.

P

PaX1989

Wut up yea i would say to do it on December when school is done. That way people would not be worried about school and stuff. And this is my new account because i rarely get on smashboards i forgot my other one that i used to have. So then wuts the plan magik? Are you going to make anything in particular like flyers or is someone else going to design them?

Magik0722

Smash Champion
Yea I'll make flyers for missions 3d games and gamestops, everyone else in different cities should do the same.
What time is usually christmas break?

Broly

Smash Lord
college? 14-10 jan.? idk, like find a saturday on the 20's so brawlers of all age can go w/o school interference

or poll

Magik0722

Smash Champion
there is a tournament on sept 6th in houston. one of the hosts xyro77 or soemthing like that said he could provide housing for the rgv if we show up

Broly

Smash Lord
hey since oct. 25th wont be used imma try to throw one in b,ville...ill keep ya'll posted as time goes by

paco27291

Smash Rookie
The houston one seems pretty koo, all those good peeps are gonna be there like royr, stiltzskin, and others so i am pretty sure its gonna have to be huge. I am interested in going, and we could throw a tourny in b-ville at vvg's on Oct 25th. Just advertise advertise advertise and we should get a good turnout.

majoras.

Smash Journeyman
all this posting seems like it can be done on aim...im closing this thread now

majoras.

Smash Journeyman
well im gonna start playing brawl now, so ill stop playing melee for a while, and pick up brawl.

majoras.

Smash Journeyman
xD wario rob or gaw i dont know, dude, you remeber my newbie days when i started as samus...now look at me now...
...its just that ive never given the opportunity to this joke of a game but i decided to give it a chance and see if i can still place on the top 5 on local tournaments like always ^.^

Broly

Smash Lord
lolz, prolly not 4 awhile...rankings here are pax then me then magik then vash then boss then shady....

majoras.

Smash Journeyman
pfft brawl is not that hard to get good at it
i entered a tournament on an anime convention without ever touching falco or played brawl for more than a month ago and i still took magik to the last stock and high percentage with his mk...and his friend boss has a good falco he should have gotten that match easily.
see broly what brawl is about? what if i had landed a Fsmash on that match? i would have beaten a top 3 without even touching the game...

this game is not as competitive as melee, and i bet you ill place high soon, not saying ill beat you but top7 around there ^.^

pd: not making you look bad magik you still kicked my *** on the losers bracket and i see your mk got way better now ^.^

edit: i dont know whats the point of my post XDDDD, maybe beacuse its late night and i feel sleepy xDD

Gobz

Smash Apprentice
Hey hey i like this thread. Anyway, Brawl is where the money is though. It may not be as good as melee, but if you want to cash, you have to play brawl :o(

Magik0722

Smash Champion
Yea there are no more casual players for melee and they made up most of the tournament scene. Anyway, gobz what is the price to host a tournament at cyber comics?

Gobz

Smash Apprentice
it's variable depending on turnout. However, i wasn't pleased that they tarped off the gaming area which created a hot box of sweaty smashers, and i don't see them changing that anytime soon. In addition, I think it would be a change for Brownsville crew to host a tournament. Battle of the Border 1 did very well in brownsville in regards to smash. The b-crew has traveled like 5 times in a row so far.

defsithe

Smash Ace
rgv thread? melee is better u all should drop brawl hehehe. but im back in kingsville so ill see how many tournys i can make it to.

no one travels as much as mikey....

Top Bottom