• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
LOL. I'm a very avid Mewtwo supporter, but this isn't the place to talk about Mewtwo. It's all about dat Ridley amirite?
This train may choose the 3rd option and go to Hate-Volcano or at least part of that train will go that way. Don`t forget about that. This is where Mewtwo supporters will most likely go if Mewtwo will not be playable in SSB4 and SSB5. Or at least most of them.
Uhm the only reason i even mentioned Mewtwo there is because his inclusion/exclusion will also cause smashboards to become crashboards, it didn't have anything to do with where the train is going. That train is reserved for our Lord Ridley only.

Last edited:

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
Welcome to the Ridleytrain, we will be leaving shortly, whether the destination may be Hype-Mountain or Despair-Land.

Don't drink the water, and welcome to the Smashboards (aka Crashboards the second Ridley or Mewtwo is confirmed as playable).
There's only so much track left; not fair is approaching!

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
They had multiple directs in April, we very well could get multiple here. Or a robin livestream.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Uhm the only reason i even mentioned Mewtwo there is because his inclusion/exclusion will also cause smashboards to become crashboards, it didn't have anything to do with where the train is going. That train is reserved for our Lord Ridley only.
My bad. My train of thought isn't very sharp right now as I had no sleep last night. I'm hoping for more than one direct in August. Sakurai said himself he still has a few newcomer videos left. I don't think he's just going to hold on to them until release (in Japan).

TheWozny

Smash Ace
NNID
Woznito
I'm fairly confident we'll get some sort of info related to Zelda on the day of the direct. Also, with Sakurai's Birthday on the 3rd, we might get a special surprise. On the topic of Smash however, I really do expect to get Ridley in August. Sakurai has stuck very close to game's anniversary's in this games newcomer reveals, so it would be strange not to reveal Ridley here. Regardless, Ridley WILL be revealed in August. Why? The Corocoro is going over the stages (On the 14th I believe, but people will leak it before then) and if Ridley isn't shown, my confidence for him will go from 100% to 200%.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Okay, so I've been a fairly active lurker on these forums the past few months. I'm going to give my thoughts on the whole Ridley debate. Sakurai has really teased him, and it would be giant FU to tease him to all the big Ridley supporters only to have him as a stage hazard.
Welcome, welcome! Joining just in time for the merry month of Metroid! Lets all cross our fingers, toes, and other crossable appendages that Ridley will be playable.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Smashboards becomes Crashboards with every reveal.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I'm fairly confident we'll get some sort of info related to Zelda on the day of the direct. Also, with Sakurai's Birthday on the 3rd, we might get a special surprise. On the topic of Smash however, I really do expect to get Ridley in August. Sakurai has stuck very close to game's anniversary's in this games newcomer reveals, so it would be strange not to reveal Ridley here. Regardless, Ridley WILL be revealed in August. Why? The Corocoro is going over the stages (On the 14th I believe, but people will leak it before then) and if Ridley isn't shown, my confidence for him will go from 100% to 200%.

That makes 2 of us, yes that why im pretty sure we will get ridley despite a non smash/everything direct.

Poopmin

Smash Ace
NNID
HotelMario
So, what would you guys do if when Ridley is confirmed (or deconfirmed)?
I'd limit my overflowing giddiness to pestering my friends about it.
Bit of a late reply, but my grin would be ear to ear all day, I would be so immensely happy that Ridley came out on top.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I, for one, would like see the music that played during Ridley's cinematic encounter at the Geothermal Power Plant. This probably makes me the only one here who would like to see some reference to Other M in his reveal trailer (other than, you know, his design).

Try to ignore the sound effects and the dialogue.

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
I, for one, would like see the music that played during Ridley's cinematic encounter at the Geothermal Power Plant. This probably makes me the only one here who would like to see some reference to Other M in his reveal trailer (other than, you know, his design).

I think we should stick with this theme honestly

Poopmin

Smash Ace
NNID
HotelMario

I wonder why there isn't a straight rip of that yet, because I'd much rather not hear Samus lose her s*** over a monster she fought canonically four other times.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Wrll i do know something

Unfortunatly the last day of august is the metroid other m anniversary

And its that ridley indirectly revealed and likely to be the main costume unfortunatly.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
So what I'm hearing you say is that you want to submit Ridley X Ganondorf and Link X Samus.

Alrighty then, time to dust off the old Approval stamp! :awesome:

Ridley X Ganondorf?

Link X Samus?

Both are

Where's @ AndreaAC AndreaAC when you need her?
Here we go again! :troll:

DAMN IT, SOULLESS! AGAIN?!

I already had enough stress after getting burned with acrylic...I'm in the second part of the Ridley Coaster...

Last edited:

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Ridley's theme in Other M was godly. Basically the one good thing I can take out of that game...Well, and his design which is more Smash favorable.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I wonder why there isn't a straight rip of that yet, because I'd much rather not hear Samus lose her s*** over a monster she fought canonically four other times.
The music is only present in the cutscene, and cutscenes are compressed in a manner so that it's impossible to rip anything from it except the cutscene itself.

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
Well, I'd imagine Ridley's reveal trailer would be stylized to look like an Other M cutscene. Either that or it'll just be generic like Rosalina's, Greninja's, or Mega Man's.

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135
Since we hit 1337 pages thought I'd post this in case some people weren't aware of Ridley and Samus' history

[collapse=Bonus Video]
[/collapse]

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
1337 pages guys! This has to mean something... huehuehue.
We are E1337 (Space) Pirates woo.

Hopefully this month will be the month that we get playable Ridley.

Oh and Dark Pit might not necessarily be a boss or a clone character. He could still be an alt of Pit, but just has a different voice and a few aesthetic differences (remember Lucina was meant to be an alt of Marth). It could still be Hades, Medusa, or a boss like Pandora or Hewdraw (ANOTHER DRAGON THING?! AND IT'S PURPLE?! GASP). Nevertheless, whatever Dark Pit is doesn't necessarily have an effect on Ridley.

Last edited:

NewGuy79

Smash Journeyman
I DRANK THE SLOGE JUICE AND IT TASTES SO GOOD

so heres a newcomer gif for Mecha Ridley

PS...the reason that its mecha RIdley and not Ridley is because theres no decent CG footage of the guy anywhere...

you can see the Krystal one I made here

So for my next Trick I will creat a gif For one of the the most anticipated newcomers out there... ISA!... you know that one guy...from Sin and punishment...star successor...Anyone....

Last edited:

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
I DRANK THE SLOGE JUICE AND IT TASTES SO GOOD

so heres a newcomer gif for Mecha Ridley

PS...the reason that its mecha RIdley and not Ridley is because theres no decent CG footage of the guy anywhere...

you can see the Krystal one I made here

So for my next Trick I will creat a gif For one of the the most anticipated newcomers out there... ISA!... you know that one guy...from Sin and punishment...star successor...Anyone....
You realize that's Meta Ridley right?
Mecha Ridley is this guy

Last edited:

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
0h h3y 7h15 7h3 1337357 p4g3 1n 7h3 7hr3ad.

You realize that's Meta Ridley right?
Mecha Ridley is this guy
Mecha Ridley is best Ridley. Why have Ridley when you can have Ridley's perfect self-image? Ridley has self-esteem problems y'know. 50 1337

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Mecha Ridley is best Ridley. Why have Ridley when you can have Ridley's perfect self-image? Ridley has self-esteem problems y'know. 50 1337
When you're as awesome as Ridley I think you can allow yourself to have as high a self-esteem as possible.

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919
Wow, and to think I only have 4 (+1) posts in this topic. It's always moved a little too fast for me, I'd go, then come back 7 hours later and have to slog through 20 pages. I rather like Ridley as an idea, but ummm... any chance of slowing down?

Jrodt333

Smash Rookie
Here's something I've been wondering for a while.

I don't know about you guys, but the tip of Ridley's tail looks almost as big, if not bigger than Pikachu. That seems a bit bigger than the version of Ridley you guys have come up with by using his shadow. Anyone have an explanation why?

D

Deleted member

I don't know about you guys, but the tip of Ridley's tail looks almost as big, if not bigger than Pikachu. That seems a bit bigger than the version of Ridley you guys have come up with by using his shadow. Anyone have an explanation why?
I don't know why people bring this up when it's clearly obvious it's just near the screen, I noticed this the first time I saw it

nessokman

Smash Lord

Ridley deconfrmed.

I'll be drinking his supporter's tears.

Jrodt333

Smash Rookie
I don't know why people bring this up when it's clearly obvious it's just near the screen, I noticed this the first time I saw it
You mean Ridley is closer to the screen than Pikachu? Aren't playable characters all the same distance from the screen?

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781

Have you ever heard of something called perspective
Also, if Ridley was that big then it would imply that the shadow is somehow smaller than him and that's not how logic works

ddd87

Smash Journeyman
The best thing (for me) out of the latest Smash Fire Emblem trailer was hearing so much recicled music. It makes me hopeful that a Ridley reveal trailer would have his badass Brawl theme

On the subject of Ridley themes, his Nintendo Land tune is pretty good, it would be my favorite remix if not for the quirky synths.

D

Deleted member

You mean Ridley is closer to the screen than Pikachu? Aren't playable characters all the same distance from the screen?
No, the TAIL is near the screen, if Pikachu was where the tail was, he would be bigger, the camera and everything are placed so perfectly that it looks like something Sakurai planned for ages

Kevinhend

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kevinhend
3DS FC
1504-5780-8640
I just realized something totally pointless that probably is just about as grasping at straws as you can get but.. I was thinking about Sakurai's orignal Pyrosphere post earlier and how it said that it was a 'trauma' from Samus' past. Seeing the stage, relating it to Ridley would be obvious. But there is this one other trauma that Samus has... For those of you who have played Other M, I think I just need to say two words:
The Baby
I realize that this is probably a worthless observation as that wasn't really 'an enemy from Samus' past'.. although it did kind of attack you. Maybe it relates to Mother Brain instead? I mean, she is kind of what made things worse there- Wait no, she's an Assist Trophy. Maybe that's what Sakurai meant? Then again, that would be the same as just having Ridley playable and applying the sentences to him, so we're right back where we started.
I guess you can all just ignore me then.

Happy Metroid Month, though.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I just realized something totally pointless that probably is just about as grasping at straws as you can get but.. I was thinking about Sakurai's orignal Pyrosphere post earlier and how it said that it was a 'trauma' from Samus' past. Seeing the stage, relating it to Ridley would be obvious. But there is this one other trauma that Samus has... For those of you who have played Other M, I think I just need to say two words:
The Baby
I realize that this is probably a worthless observation as that wasn't really 'an enemy from Samus' past'.. although it did kind of attack you. Maybe it relates to Mother Brain instead? I mean, she is kind of what made things worse there- Wait no, she's an Assist Trophy. Maybe that's what Sakurai meant? Then again, that would be the same as just having Ridley playable and applying the sentences to him, so we're right back where we started.
I guess you can all just ignore me then.

Happy Metroid Month, though.
Wait, how did anyone haven't realized that the baby is also a trauma! The english quote is a mistranslation, so that doesn't apply.
F***, we had it right in front of our eyes the whole time!

Top Bottom