• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Weavel

Smash Ace
There's still CoroCoro not announcing anything about Pyrosphere. At max they may something like "An enemy from Samus' past may appear at any second!" And it turns out to be a boss monster from Pyrosphere in Other M that's not Ridley. :p

Pretty much this. I doubt we'll get any Zelda character announced other than Ganondorf, though.
Does anyone else think its.. Just kinda dumb to prolong announcing returning vets?

I assume its just better for marketing, but I'm not an expert of course.

Last edited:

TKraix

Smash Rookie
well, if that is the one and only direct in august... and its about hyrule warriors... guess we're done here.

we wont be finding out about ridley's status or any other characters until september, i guess.

as excited as i am for hyrule warriors... this kinda pisses me off.
The Smash Direct wasn't the only Direct in April, there was also a Tomodachi Direct. And because the Hyrule Warriors Direct is at the beginning of August, they have a whole month to give us an other direct. Smash Bros launches in September so there isn't that much time left

TKraix

Smash Rookie
What if the Direct has the ultimate misdirect?
At the end of the Direct it could go into a Smash 4 trailer with Ganondorf fighting Link, then another LoZ character such as Ghirahim appears. Some game play is shown of the 2, but then you see them through red tinted eyes, with a certain someone remembering how Ganondorf bossed him around in the Sub Space Army, Ridley jumps out grabbing Ganon and screaming in his face!

I know this is something that won't happen, just a random idea I had for the August Direct.
why not :] it would be funny to see Ganondorf screaming like a little child

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
Let alone Brawls for Lucario

However, isn't the Metroid anniversary early in the month? With a HW related direct, at best you get a Zelda character, so the only way to have Ridley be on the anniversary is have a direct the same week right?
It's not impossible to have two Directs in the same week. Last year, we had a Nintendo Direct on 7th August, and then two days later on the 9th we had the Wonderful 101 Direct.

The question would be whether we'd have two directs (with a newcomer each) in the same week....

BrigadeStuart

Smash Journeyman
todays PotD follows the whole hinting at character thing, sakurai didnt say whos castle Reshiram is standing infront of. He said " someones castle"
But back to ridley

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
It's not impossible to have two Directs in the same week. Last year, we had a Nintendo Direct on 7th August, and then two days later on the 9th we had the Wonderful 101 Direct.

The question would be whether we'd have two directs (with a newcomer each) in the same week....
Ridley and Meta Ridley confirmed!

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration

A general direct and a game specific direct in the same week?

I'm feeling a bit better about Ridley.

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
So, what would you guys do if when Ridley is confirmed (or deconfirmed)?
I'd limit my overflowing giddiness to pestering my friends about it.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
First, I run around my house for 1 hour breaking pot lids like when I saw Mega Man, then, I go on the mandatory GameXplain video and miiverse yelling WHOS TOO BIG NOW! YOU GUYS ARE IN DENIAL!!!!!!!!! After the first day, I will leave them alone, but telling the detractors they are in denial will bring SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much satisfaction

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
If Ridley's dis-confirmed, I'd get slightly depressed over it. Let down by Sakurai, for choosing the lazy and plagiarist option, and making us hype all this time for nothing.

If he's confirmed playable, my hype levels would be too much to contain. I would most certainly let everyone know about Ridley's playable status.

Ridley and Meta Ridley confirmed!
Technically both would be confirmed if Ridley's playable and Meta Ridley is an alt =P

Last edited:

Meta-Kraid

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1693-0411-8525
What if Sakurai gives us a final impressions direct? New mechanics a few newcomers stage features a list of bosses.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Direct on 8/4 to be focused on Hyrule Warriors.
I smell something fishy. Prepare the sirens.
Does not mean thats the only direct but either way could help ridley

Because if we get a zelda newcomer from this direct that connected to Fi thats 3 to 4 for the trophy theory

So crossing my fingers we get a zelda newcomer at this. If we do thats more help for ridley because thats means the only trophy left is the king kihunter trophy.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I've already expressed myself before on what I thought to be his disconfirmation, so at this point I don't think I'd have much more of a reaction than be a little dissapointed, I'll be able to shrug it off. To me it feels like Ridley has been revived from the dead for a second chance, so I'm not putting too much faith in it.

As for his confirmation, I have no idea how I'd react initially, but it'd probably include exploding from happiness. One thing I know I'll be doing is take a deep breath of relief though, with Ridley's confirmation I'd be able to rest easily concerning Smash until it's release, no more worries about anything, that would at least be nice.

Last edited:

Meta-Kraid

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1693-0411-8525
Does not mean thats the only direct but either way could help ridley

Because if we get a zelda newcomer from this direct that connected to Fi thats 3 to 4 for the trophy theory

So crossing my fingers we get a zelda newcomer at this. If we do thats more help for ridley because thats means the only trophy left is the king kihunter trophy.
Little Birdy confurmed. :awesome:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Oh by the way

director Masahiro Sakurai said: "Pic of the day. Reshiram appears on one of the stages in the 3DS version! Zekrom and Milotic will appear, too. It's close enough to the launch date, so I don't have to describe this stage to you, right? The design of this stage is based off of the surroundings of someone's castle."
That does not sound like hes hinting anybody to me.

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
I doubt we'll get two directs this month, but you never know. At this point Ridley seems like he'll be a secret character. If we get a Zelda character at the end of the direct, it'll bring more credibility to the Trophy Quiz Theory, meaning that Ridley would be the only one left.

IDEA (thought of this while typing that out): What if they do the villains trailer on August 4/5? That'd kill two birds with one stone (Ridley and Ghirahim/Vaati/Other Zelda Rep).

…Sakurai didnt say whos castle Reshiram is standing infront of. He said " someones castle…
Read some of this.

It seems pretty obvious to me who's castle it is (It isn't going to be Ridley's castle; does he even own a castle?).

N CONFIRMED FOR SMASH 4 :troll:

Last edited:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
My gut is telling me Ridley and Shulk will be revealed in the same direct. Ridleys trailer is a cliffhanger, then Shulk saves the day...

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I think our best bet (or any character's best bet really) is a Smash-focused Direct at the very beginning of September, just like they've done with Hyrule Warriors which releases in Japan this month. While it's possible I wouldn't count too heavily on a general Nintendo Direct this month anymore. Of course Sakurai could always just stream another trailer by himself again.

Last edited:

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
but he said "someone's castle" :0
But it's pretty obvious that it's N's Castle from Pokémon Black and White. Reshiram and Zekrom appear there, and the PotD even looks a bit like N's Castle.

I don't think he needs to say N's Castle directly because any Pokémon fans who played Gen 5 will jump all over the idea that it's N's Castle.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I doubt we'll get two directs this month, but you never know. At this point Ridley seems like he'll be a secret character. If we get a Zelda character at the end of the direct, it'll bring more credibility to the Trophy Quiz Theory, meaning that Ridley would be the only one left.

IDEA (thought of this while typing that out): What if they do the villains trailer on August 4/5? That'd kill two birds with one stone (Ridley and Ghirahim/Vaati/Other Zelda Rep).

Read some of this.

It seems pretty obvious to me who's castle it is (It isn't going to be Ridley's castle; does he even own a castle?).

Ridley's castle is the universe, my good *checks gender on profile* man!

BrigadeStuart

Smash Journeyman

Read some of this.

thats who i was thinking...but why would sakurai hint at N? unless he believes that N is really a Zororark but he showed him off in charizard/greninjas trailer...strange

Waluigi is too big

Smash Journeyman
NNID
waluigi44
Guys I found this Leak. I don't usually believe in leaks but this one seem legit. It shows wario and Ridley fighting on a stage that is not pyroshpere.

:troll:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I think our best bet (or any character's best bet really) is a Smash-focused Direct at the very beginning of September, just like they've done with Hyrule Warriors which releases in Japan this month. While it's possible I wouldn't count too heavily on a general Nintendo Direct this month anymore. Of course Sakurai could always just stream another trailer by himself again.
Yea right there is another good hint for a zelda character reveal i think ridley might be the last newcomer before release that will be shown if theres no second direct in august.

Well just a remind sakurai may do the same thing on july 14th this month a newcomer thats not connected to a direct nor E3

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Laugh, hug my cat, go to "I was wrong" thread because it will be created 0.01 second after his confirmation...somehow...and before crashboards that will last for eternity, go to MUGEN Guild`s SSB4 thread and quote idiots` certain posts, go back to here, say "CONGRATURATION, YOU ARE WINNER !" and then rewatch Ridley gameplay video. Then i will continue to rub that into toobigots` (but not just detractors`) faces until Ridley will be cut or until i will get bored by that.
OR, IF he is deconfirmed...i will just scream and use family-friendly insults and...um...i dunno...

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Ridley isn't even my most wanted next inclusion (Isaac, from Golden Sun is, but we can get both, right?). But I had a dream where Ridley was confirmed last night. First Smash related dream for the upcoming game.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
We haven't seen Isaac as a trophy, I'll miss his AT role if he is playable, but fans want him playable
I always thought he was nearly useless in Brawl...especially on big stages or stages with more than 1 platform. But that is just me.
No its mewtwo whos more requested than ridley
He didn`t said that Isaac is more requested or something like that.

Only 1 month and few weeks left until 3DS version`s release...finally it will be over...either we will fail (someone have unlocked every character, got notice about that, but Ridley wasn`t one of unlockable characters in 3DS version, so, he is unplayable, tells us, etc) or succeed (someone got challenger approaching screen with Ridley, tells us about that, we explode and implode at the same time out of sheer happyness or just sigh because it is over and those toobigots will finally shut up).

Last edited:
Top Bottom