• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Poopmin

Smash Ace
NNID
HotelMario

Wise Multishine

Luminary
NNID
Omnireader
Well...Roidley`s design (or at least something very close to it) is already used and there is one major issue with classic Alt costume - its proportions don`t match Roidley`s, so, it will require either new animations or redesigning it to fit Roidley`s proportions. So, it is impossible, like having Toon Link as Link`s alt costume without changing animations, or at least requires a lot of effort. And where did you got that info about Samus? I think she lacks that kind of alt.

Toon Link? Young Link? Lucas? Falco? Wolf (LAHNDOMASTU!)?

Well, Ganondorf is still known to be a powerful guy even without weapons and magic, but i agree that Falcondorf and especially Falcondork are bad choices.

...i doubt we will get something about Smash Bros.

EDIT: does Roidley uses that charged fire breath attack on normal mode?
My bad. I could have swore I saw something to do with Samus's outfit a while back. (Not including the recent silver suit)

Toon Link, Lucas, Falco, etc. All of their movesets were fine, not counting their final smashes, semi clones or not.. Ganon felt really unfitting, in my opinion.

I hope you aren't referring to Captain Falcon when you say "Falcondork." :4falcon:

Mansana

Smash Apprentice
I doubt anything smash related will come of this.

Makes me sad too, I really wanted a newcomer reveal, but I doubt smash bros would intrude upon Hyrule Warriors spotlight.
Most likely considering that they did an entire Direct on Mario Kart 8.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
When you like a franchise so much that you mod any game to have metroid characters.
I was moreso referring to the fact that Musou/Dynasty Warriors and Team Ninja games in general often have crossovers/characters from other universes.

Case in point being Metroid (Ridley/Pyrosphere specifically) in Dead or Alive, and Ayame in Ninja Gaiden. They even had a game with Takamaru playable.

Weavel

Smash Ace
I was moreso referring to the fact that Musou/Dynasty Warriors and Team Ninja games in general often have crossovers/characters from other universes.

Case in point being Metroid (Ridley/Pyrosphere specifically) in Dead or Alive, and Ayame in Ninja Gaiden.
Well with zelda I hope they only cross over with characters that could fit in with the universe, having knights and magic and then a high tech suit and plasma beams would kill my immersion:p

Its like having darth vader in lord of the rings.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
My bad. I could have swore I saw something to do with Samus's outfit a while back. (Not including the recent silver suit)

Toon Link, Lucas, Falco, etc. All of their movesets were fine, not counting their final smashes, semi clones or not.. Ganon felt really unfitting, in my opinion.

I hope you aren't referring to Captain Falcon when you say "Falcondork." :4falcon:
I think they were disappointing, mostly Toon Link because every attack he has is nearly same (or exactly same, i don`t know) as Link`s. And 3 Landmasters was even more disappointing. Ganondorf with a sword would be better, but not if his sword would be the only thing he uses or if sword and magic would be the only things he uses.

Falcondork = Ganondorf in Brawl, combination of Falcondorf and Ganondork (Brawl Taunts). Falcondorf = Ganondorf in Melee. I like Captain Falcon and at least you can KO someone in the air with Falcon Punch (i wish it would save all of the momentum, like in Super Smash Flash 2, but whatever)...unlike Falcondork.

Wise Multishine

Luminary
NNID
Omnireader
I think they were disappointing, mostly Toon Link because every attack he has is nearly same (or exactly same, i don`t know) as Link`s. And 3 Landmasters was even more disappointing. Ganondorf with a sword would be better, but not if his sword would be the only thing he uses or if sword and magic would be the only things he uses.

Falcondork = Ganondorf in Brawl, combination of Falcondorf and Ganondork (Brawl Taunts). Falcondorf = Ganondorf in Melee. I like Captain Falcon and at least you can KO someone in the air with Falcon Punch (i wish it would save all of the momentum, like in Super Smash Flash 2, but whatever)...unlike Falcondork.
AH.. Alright. Yes I remember Ganondork from Brawl Taunts. That was a while ago. I'm hoping that Ganondorf hasn't been revealed yet because of a moveset change. But that's for another forum...

Back to Ridley, he better have some badass taunts. The fact that they're going with the "Roidley" design bothers me. I never played Other M so maybe I just haven't been able to appreciate it enough.

ZeroJinKui

Smash Journeyman
Direct on 8/4 to be focused on Hyrule Warriors.
I smell something fishy. Prepare the sirens.
well, if that is the one and only direct in august... and its about hyrule warriors... guess we're done here.

we wont be finding out about ridley's status or any other characters until september, i guess.

as excited as i am for hyrule warriors... this kinda pisses me off.

Wise Multishine

Luminary
NNID
Omnireader
Well with zelda I hope they only cross over with characters that could fit in with the universe, having knights and magic and then a high tech suit and plasma beams would kill my immersion:p

I liked Vader and Yoda in Soul Calibur though...

I understand what you mean, nonetheless.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
well, if that is the one and only direct in august... and its about hyrule warriors... guess we're done here.

we wont be finding out about ridley's status or any other characters until september, i guess.

Because we haven't had any character reveals outside of Nintendo Direct presentations before?

Sakurai can show off a trailer whenever he wants. We have, what, two months to get through the rest before release?

Weavel

Smash Ace

I don't know of directs, do they usually only have one?

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Well I was considering the fact that Samus and Link are often paired up in spin-offs.

And say what you will about Samus and her magic power suit, but a Pirate Dragon King sounds right at home in the Zeldaverse.

Is that really any less fitting than Vader and Yoda in Soul Calibur?

Weavel

Smash Ace
I liked Vader and Yoda in Soul Calibur though...

I understand what you mean, nonetheless.
I loved them in soul calibur, but Samus wouldn't fit with zelda. In star wars you at least have magic thay isn't the force.

You know what, forget what I said. Metroid even has ghosts and the like.

Didnt mean to double.. sigh..

Last edited by a moderator:

G1_Shockwave

Smash Cadet

Come on Sakurai.. lets not disappoint with the POD

I think for Hyrule Warriors, I'm the only one in the planet who wants a playable Agahnim

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
And say what you will about Samus and her magic power suit, but a Pirate Dragon King sounds right at home in the Zeldaverse.
Dragons, Pirates and Kings are in Zeldaverse and having a Pirate Dragon King isn`t that bad. Samus` suit look...way too unfitting for Zeldaverse and things it can do, like shooting missiles.

Miiverse in a nutshell.
Ridley wins and Shrek wasn`t THAT big...oh, wait, Ridley in this image is resized to be smaller. This is...MADNESS!

Last edited:

Weavel

Smash Ace
What the **** is with all this shrek over the forums lately? I like shrek but why?​

Wise Multishine

Luminary
NNID
Omnireader
What the **** is with all this shrek over the forums lately? I like shrek but why?​
"Shrek is love, Shrek is life."

Shrek has experience fighting dragons. I'm afraid our all-mighty Ridley might be outmatched. This sounds like the perfect job for Screwattack's "Death Battles."

Last edited:

FreeFallUp

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LuigiTroid20
3DS FC
3222-5636-5087

Shrek has experience fighting dragons. I'm afraid our all-mighty Ridley might be outmatched. This sounds like the perfect job for Screwattack's "Death Battles."
Ah, but everyone knows that Space Dragons are >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Normal Dragons. Shrek has not fought Space Dragons. Ridley is king among Space Dragons. Ridley wins. FATALITY.:troll:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero

"Ridley is hate, Ridley is death."
Ridley is at least as tough as that dragon from Lord of Rings movie or something related to it. He can survive Plasma Beam shots even if Samus shoots him in his mouth and that weapon usually goes through enemies, which means that even on inside, he is very resistant to attacks. And he is smaller and faster than that dragon. And more agile of course. It would be fun to watch if it would be done in a slapstick humour way...hm...Tom & Jerry & Ridley...that would be fun to watch too if Ridley wouldn`t be that big...and those 2 are more cruel than him if you will remove slapstick cartoon part of them and just focus on what they are doing and results of it if that would happen in something a lot more realistic.

Last edited:

Wise Multishine

Luminary
NNID
Omnireader
"Ridley is hate, Ridley is death."
Ridley is at least as tough as that dragon from Lord of Rings movie or something related to it. He can survive Plasma Beam shots even if Samus shoots him in his mouth and that weapon usually goes through enemies, which means that even on inside, he is very resistant to attacks. And he is smaller and faster than that dragon. And more agile of course. It would be fun to watch if it would be done in a slapstick humour way.
Do not underestimate Shrek. He can fly and survive a direct hit from a Boeing 767-223ER.

It's not ogre yet.

Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I would say go ask that on Miiverse, but I feel like that would just cause further confusion.

Well as the Ridley thread we don't question the competition, we just incinerate them. Really though, unless the Ridley and Donkey spin-off I wrote years ago becomes a thing, we should probably stick to being glad Ridley isn't Dragon and that Shrek isn't Farquaad.

Poopmin

Smash Ace
NNID
HotelMario
Pic of the day is up, it's reshiram playing a Dialga/Palkia role infront of the Black and White Elite 4, nothing to do with Ridley being a boss so I'm good.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Pic of the day is up, it's reshiram playing a Dialga/Palkia role infront of the Black and White Elite 4, nothing to do with Ridley being a boss so I'm good.
What I don't get is why Sakurai specifically avoided naming N in the quote. He instead calls it "someone's castle", unless he thinks that's a spoiler too precious to say,

I don't think very much people expect N to be playable, yes?

Poopmin

Smash Ace
NNID
HotelMario
What I don't get is why Sakurai specifically avoided naming N in the quote. He instead calls it "someone's castle", unless he thinks that's a spoiler too precious to say,

I think Mewtwo and Jigglypuff have priority, he's probably just not wanting to spoil the game for people who haven't played yet.

Although this might spit in the face of the characters not mentioned by name are playable theory.

Last edited:

ZeroJinKui

Smash Journeyman
Because we haven't had any character reveals outside of Nintendo Direct presentations before?

Sakurai can show off a trailer whenever he wants. We have, what, two months to get through the rest before release?
two months?

we're at the end of july, the game comes out mid-september in japan.

we have a month and a half, at most... and unless sakurai plans on releasing tons of videos throughout august to reveal the remaining characters, i doubt we're going to see anything on ridley anytime soon...

im almost tempted to just leave this forum and pretend smash bros. doesnt exist, to help me get through august more quickly...

being here every day, hoping SOME scrap of news is found by someone, SOMEWHERE... indicating ridley's status in the game... so i can stop losing my damn mind over it!

Mega Hawlucha

Smash Apprentice

Could be positive, if Sakurai tacks a newcomer trailer to the end of that for a Skyward Sword character, then things look brilliant for Ridley, as per the Trophy Quiz.
That said, I doubt they'll let the Hyrule Warriors trailer be hijacked by Smash. But here's hoping

Wise Multishine

Luminary
NNID
Omnireader
two months?

we're at the end of july, the game comes out mid-september in japan.

we have a month and a half, at most... and unless sakurai plans on releasing tons of videos throughout august to reveal the remaining characters, i doubt we're going to see anything on ridley anytime soon...

im almost tempted to just leave this forum and pretend smash bros. doesnt exist, to help me get through august more quickly...

being here every day, hoping SOME scrap of news is found by someone, SOMEWHERE... indicating ridley's status in the game... so i can stop losing my damn mind over it!
I know exactly what you mean. Time seems to be going by so slowly since I made an account on this site.

Riskman

Smash Apprentice
NNID
weavorsomething
3DS FC
2406-5118-0663
Aside from the, uh, strange omission of N's name I think the PoTD is in Ridley's favor here.

Zekrom and Reshiram make sense in N's castle, but Milotic makes no sense being there at all, so Sakurai clearly doesn't care if the stage hazard is truly fitting to the stage, so a Pyrosphere stage hazard could be something else from Other M, or if he really feels like it, something from a completely different Metroid Game.

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
Am I the only one that would find it HILARIOUS if Link was fighting Ganondorf and Ghirahim in a Hyrule Warriors trailer, when suddenly 2 letters fall from the sky containing smash invites for the two villains, upon which they leave and Link is all like "WTF just happened"? But alas, the chance of that is 0.01%... Sadly. I would propably die of laughter.

UpsilonFox

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FLYINGDAVEno2
3DS FC
1134-7457-1617
What if the Direct has the ultimate misdirect?
At the end of the Direct it could go into a Smash 4 trailer with Ganondorf fighting Link, then another LoZ character such as Ghirahim appears. Some game play is shown of the 2, but then you see them through red tinted eyes, with a certain someone remembering how Ganondorf bossed him around in the Sub Space Army, Ridley jumps out grabbing Ganon and screaming in his face!

I know this is something that won't happen, just a random idea I had for the August Direct.

Last edited:

Exate

Smash Journeyman
Mega Hawlucha said:
Could be positive, if Sakurai tacks a newcomer trailer to the end of that for a Skyward Sword character, then things look brilliant for Ridley, as per the Trophy Quiz.
That said, I doubt they'll let the Hyrule Warriors trailer be hijacked by Smash. But here's hoping
We've gotten a newcomer reveal every direct since E3 of last year, haven't we? I know I'm just being lazy in not looking it up to be sure, but IIRC, the newcomer trailers prefaced the direct, with the main focus coming right after.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero

If the game he appeared in is new, then he avoids spoilers. Its like if you would include a very spoilery character in the trailer, revealing his role even though it is hidden in the game itself.

Top Bottom