• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340

Found this over on Dorkly, not sure if it's been posted yet. :laugh:
I have a shirt like with this exact design in red. The day Ridley's confirmed, I'm gonna post a pic of me in the shirt in the official discussion thread/here. It'd be a fitting tribute to our beloved Space Pirate leader/fire breathing space dragon.

@Shokio I truly hope you read post 2 and I kinda figured your video was a bit of a joke. Your commentators on that video, however, have a combined IQ of 5.

Yes, let's leave the leaks to the plumbers, this is about our Space Dragon overlord after all. I don't see no Ice to climb here.

It's been so long since I've been in here with my Ridlenites, I have 300 pages of nonsense I have to catch up on :laugh:
Good luck . .It will be be a BIG task.
but to be honest not much has probably happened that isn't in 2nd post. (probably I don't know) Good luck though.

we have 300 pages to be off topic gogogo

Last edited:

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Good luck . .It will be be a BIG task.
but to be honest not much has probably happened that isn't in 2nd post. (probably I don't know) Good luck though.

we have 300 pages to be off topic gogogo
Wait, we have a nice 2nd post?

*checks*

We do! @ Con0rrrr Con0rrrr awesome work my partner in crime. That'll be great for the new Ridley supporters (soon to be mains)

Meta-Kraid

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1693-0411-8525
I have a shirt like with this exact design in red. The day Ridley's confirmed, I'm gonna post a pic of me in the shirt in the official discussion thread/here. It'd be a fitting tribute to our beloved Space Pirate leader/fire breathing space dragon.

@Shokio I truly hope you read post 2 and I kinda figured your video was a bit of a joke. Your commentators on that video, however, have a combined IQ of 5.
Meh the majority of people have a combined IQ of five. My Dad's a pilot and whenever he tells the passengers that the flight is supposed to be an hour and ten minutes, but he thinks he can do it in seventy a bunch of people cheer.:facepalm:

ZeroJinKui

Smash Journeyman
Meh the majority of people have a combined IQ of five. My Dad's a pilot and whenever he tells the passengers that the flight is supposed to be an hour and ten minutes, but he thinks he can do it in seventy a bunch of people cheer.:facepalm:
...that is hilarious. :chuckle:

oh my god... that is just... amazing, seriously. :p

anyway, im all but 100% sure ridley is playable, the only thing keeping me from being 100% is the idea that sakurai might actually be foolish enough to screw us over.

Poopmin

Smash Ace
NNID
HotelMario
I don't think it's the fact that those people are dumb, it's just that seventy minutes sounds a lot shorter than an hour and ten minutes, not to mention your father is kind of setting them up for failure. Still super funny though.

Last edited:

Meta-Kraid

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1693-0411-8525
I don't think it's the fact that those people are dumb, it's just that seventy minutes sounds a lot shorter than an hour and ten minutes, not to mention your father is kind of setting them up for failure. Still super funny though.
True, and we all have moments that make us seem like idiots. Speaking of moments that make us seem like idiots, when I thought that Ridley wouldn't be one reason was because he killed Samus' parents and that would be extremely weird to have Samus not kill him on sight. Bowser seemed okay to me since all he did was a few (hundred) kidnapings. Of course Ganondorf is in and we all know his relation with Link and Zelda.

Wise Multishine

Luminary
NNID
Omnireader
Last edited by a moderator:

Meta-Kraid

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1693-0411-8525
Oh that was really unclear what picture I meant
Did I do that right?
Edit it's in Khoru's post in the URL I posted.

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
What's a Ridley again?
Relax! Any new videos in development?

I think it would be great if you went over whats in the second post, more people need to know about that :)

What ever you do, I'm looking forward to it (Too bad my internet is going away :cry:)

Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I'm getting dizzy from this thread...:dizzy:
In the future, report any posts that could potentially do that or worse to others. Posts like that should be spoiler'd.

Anyway, I feel like I missed a hurricane passing by. Regardless of Internet fame, the guys are still regular users, and I'd expect you all to treat them as such/as you'd want to be treated. Their opinions aren't physically manifesting and killing your parents or anything.

Lastly, no leak changes my views/worry/hype by this point. Nothing short of the game coming out or an outright random (dis)confirmation will, probably. Whatever happens happens, doesn't really matter to me if someone called it or not.

TheSoraKid

Banned via Warnings
In the future, report any posts that could potentially do that or worse to others. Posts like that should be spoiler'd.

Anyway, I feel like I missed a hurricane passing by. Regardless of Internet fame, the guys are still regular users, and I'd expect you all to treat them as such/as you'd want to be treated. Their opinions aren't physically manifesting and killing your parents or anything.

Lastly, no leak changes my views/worry/hype by this point. Nothing short of the game coming out or an outright random (dis)confirmation will, probably. Whatever happens happens, doesn't really matter to me if someone called it or not.
Haha, gotcha; and don't worry, I'm a good boy every now and then.:grin:

Last edited:

Shawksta

Smash Apprentice
Hey, here's a fun idea (If you guys havent already done this that is, if so, lets have another round)

Lets try to speculate what a Ridley Newcomer trailer could be like.

I always imagined it was be a scene of Samus and Star Fox fighting each other in Space only for Ridley to interrupt and smash both their ships or something.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I REALLLY hope Ridley doesn't look as odd as I'm expecting. I hope his serious/dark tone is unchanged.
Well, it will be ruined (i guess) because of Super Leaf, bunny hood, lip`s stick, banana peel, slipping, footstool jumps, etc. Ganondorf is a very serious guy that killed a lot of things too (not on-screen, but neither Ridley did) and he runs like a girl in Brawl for whatever reasons (it was fortunately fixed in Project M) and that:

Moveset-wise, Ridley will never not be serious. He wouldn`t suddenly start throwing bananas or falcon punch someone. So, it will be kept no matter what. There WILL be few comical/humorous/whatever animations, like slipping or under spicy curry effect standing animation (if that item returns), but even Ganondorf and Samus has those.

I found something truly humorous from those GamesFAQ idiots: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/69137696
It uses Super Leaf as an agrument why Ridley can`t be playable. Just read it.

Last edited:

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
I'm confused too :/

If you have questions related to my youtoobey stuff then message me, I don't wanna litter the thread here with irrelevant stuff, so for that I apoligize IsmaR.

As for the Ridley shtuff, I'm done doing videos on that, one of those exhausted me enough xD. It was far to bi- *shot*

Ridles the Space Pirate

Smash Journeyman
I finally got my copy of Metroid prime trilogy in the mail yesterday! and aside from the fact it wont let me use a normal controller, I have been having tons of fun. Still haven't gotten up to any Ridley fights yet.

So have I missed any Ridley-related (or should I say Ridlated) news in the past few days?

Poopmin

Smash Ace
NNID
HotelMario
You know what's be nice? A new 2D Metroid game. Something like what they did with Link Between Worlds. That would be neat-o, we'd also get to see what happened to a Samus with Metroid DNA who's an outlaw, if they make a direct sequel to Fusion that is.

Also the inclusion of Ridley in SSB4 might hype it up.

D

Deleted member

Well, it will be ruined (i guess) because of Super Leaf, bunny hood, lip`s stick, banana peel, slipping, footstool jumps, etc. Ganondorf is a very serious guy that killed a lot of things too (not on-screen, but neither Ridley did) and he runs like a girl in Brawl for whatever reasons (it was fortunately fixed in Project M) and that:

Moveset-wise, Ridley will never not be serious. He wouldn`t suddenly start throwing bananas or falcon punch someone. So, it will be kept no matter what. There WILL be few comical/humorous/whatever animations, like slipping or under spicy curry effect standing animation (if that item returns), but even Ganondorf and Samus has those.

I found something truly humorous from those GamesFAQ idiots: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/69137696
Off topic, but I swear to God that I have that exact image without the caption in my Vault. And it was one I took.
I'll have to check when I'm back in my own house.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
You know what's be nice? A new 2D Metroid game. Something like what they did with Link Between Worlds. That would be neat-o, we'd also get to see what happened to a Samus with Metroid DNA who's an outlaw, if they make a direct sequel to Fusion that is.

Also the inclusion of Ridley in SSB4 might hype it up.
YES. Ive been saying this everywhere. Just with Fusion instead of ALbW

Wise Multishine

Luminary
NNID
Omnireader
Well, I did some more mock-ups.... I had 4 pics but 3 got corrupted, so here, have 1.

Ridley is a bit too small for my liking here...oh well. I can deal with it if he actually ends up like that.

A serious character getting into Smash always worries me, but as I've said in the past: I believe Sakurai will do him justice.

Now about that Super Leaf argument...

I can't believe someone actually said, "Honestly, do you see Ridley fighting well on the ground?"

...Hell yes, I do! :drflip:

Edit: Sorry about the double post. Once you've posted you can't delete it, for some reason.

Last edited by a moderator:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Ridley is a bit too small for my liking here...oh well. I can deal with it if he actually ends up like that.
He actually has a fitting size on this image, but since he is crouching, he looks small.
A serious character getting into Smash always worries me, but as I've said in the past: I believe Sakurai will do him justice.

Now about that Super Leaf argument...

I can't believe someone actually said, "Honestly, do you see Ridley fighting well on the ground?"

...Hell yes, I do! :drflip:
Well, there is enough serious characters in Smash (Star Fox characters, Captain Falcon...kinda, LoZ characters, Fire Emblem characters, Samus, etc), but it doesn`t matters if they have a decent moveset and, as you said, Sakurai will do Ridley justice if he is playable, like with most (or all) Sm4sh newcomers.

Hm...
Nope, he can`t fight well on the ground. Absolutely. Nope. I can`t see that. At all.

...ironicaly, Ridley fights horribly in the air in Metroid Other M, but i think that is mostly because he just shoots that giant fireball and tries to stab Samus and thats it. If he would have other aerial attacks, maybe he would be better in the air. Anyway, this is his best fight on the ground (in terms of what he does), a lot better than in Prime 1 or 3. At least this is my opinion. And the platform is not big enough to just run away from his attacks.

Last edited:

Wise Multishine

Luminary
NNID
Omnireader
Nope, he can`t fight well on the ground. Absolutely. Nope. I can`t see that. At all.

...ironicaly, Ridley fights horribly in the air in Metroid Other M, but i think that is mostly because he just shoots that giant fireball and tries to stab Samus and thats it. If he would have other aerial attacks, maybe he would be better in the air. Anyway, this is his best fight on the ground (in terms of what he does), a lot better than in Prime 1 or 3. At least this is my opinion. And the platform is not big enough to just run away from his attacks.
I don't like Ridley's design in Other M very much. I hope his classic design is the one Sakurai uses. If not, hopefully it's an Alt costume. If I recall correctly, Samus's default costume is the one from Other M and you can change it to the classic design.

I believe in Sakurai when it comes to making movesets. I can't think of a Smash moveset that's let me down....

..Well. Besides Ganon.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I don't like Ridley's design in Other M very much. I hope his classic design is the one Sakurai uses. If not, hopefully it's an Alt costume. If I recall correctly, Samus's default costume is the one from Other M and you can change it to the classic design.

I believe in Sakurai when it comes to making movesets. I can't think of a Smash moveset that's let me down....

..Well. Besides Ganon.
Well...Roidley`s design (or at least something very close to it) is already used and there is one major issue with classic Alt costume - its proportions don`t match Roidley`s, so, it will require either new animations or redesigning it to fit Roidley`s proportions. So, it is impossible, like having Toon Link as Link`s alt costume without changing animations, or at least requires a lot of effort. And where did you got that info about Samus? I think she lacks that kind of alt.

Toon Link? Young Link? Lucas? Falco? Wolf (LAHNDOMASTU!)?

Well, Ganondorf is still known to be a powerful guy even without weapons and magic, but i agree that Falcondorf and especially Falcondork are bad choices.
Direct on 8/4 to be focused on Hyrule Warriors.
I smell something fishy. Prepare the sirens.
...i doubt we will get something about Smash Bros.

EDIT: does Roidley uses that charged fire breath attack on normal mode?

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223

Mansana

Smash Apprentice
...i doubt we will get something about Smash Bros.
True, but it would be weird to have another direct after this one and before corocoro's smash update. O well, it's Nintendo. Can't predict everything.

Edit:

Ghirahim?

Or is this going to be the next "Shulk hype-train"?

Oh please let it be the latter, so that the Cunning God of Death can descend upon us.
I would not be surprised if they show Ganondorf as a veteran or even a new Zelda newcomer.

Last edited:
Top Bottom