• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

GM_3826

Smash Journeyman
Globally, Mewtwo is the most requested. Ridley is the most requested in the West. Not sure about the East, though.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
I just developed my ideal reveal trailer. Spoiler for those who have not beaten Golden Sun: The Lost Age.

Isaac atop Mars Lighthouse, climbing up with the crew, facing down against the Wise One.

Isaac's newcomer splash.

Wise One: "But what if a miracle were to occur, one that kept you from lighting the beacon? If you can defeat a miracle, only then can you ignite the beacon."

Only, instead of the Doom Dragon...

"Ridley swoops in!"

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Let's see how many ways this can go down (keep in mind some can combine).

#1 Nothing Smash related happens during the Hyrule Warriors Direct.
#2 Ganondorf returns at the Direct.
#3 We get a Skyward Sword newcomer at the Direct further solidifying the trophy quiz theory.
#4 Sakurai pulls another Shulk and we get a completely unrelated character (Ridley or otherwise).
#5 There's a separate Direct with any of the above mentioned characters after the HW one.
#6 Sakurai gives another livestream out of the blue sometime after the HW Direct.

I'm putting my money on #1 and #5 honestly.

Mansana

Smash Apprentice
I doubt we'll get two directs this month, but you never know. At this point Ridley seems like he'll be a secret character. If we get a Zelda character at the end of the direct, it'll bring more credibility to the Trophy Quiz Theory, meaning that Ridley would be the only one left.

IDEA (thought of this while typing that out): What if they do the villains trailer on August 4/5? That'd kill two birds with one stone (Ridley and Ghirahim/Vaati/Other Zelda Rep).

Read some of this.

It seems pretty obvious to me who's castle it is (It isn't going to be Ridley's castle; does he even own a castle?).

N CONFIRMED FOR SMASH 4 :troll:
It's a theory but people supposedly suspect N as being a Zoroark. So there's that....

TheWozny

Smash Ace
NNID
Woznito
If this trophy thing is true, I have a sinking feeling in my stomach that Ganondorf could be replaced by some unworthy rep (Groose and Ghiriham don't deserve it over Ganondorf himself). On topic though, people on FB already are spreading rumors that Nintendo confirmed a Smash trailer at the end of the HW Direct.... but can't validate it. Guys.... why would we get a SSB4/5 Trailer during Hyrule Warriors.... On a topic of Ridley, Tomorrow is Norfair I believe. Also, what is Metroid's August anniversary again?

Last edited:

ddd87

Smash Journeyman
Wii U and 3DS have so few games coming for them this holliday that I cant imagine them doing a general direct.

Lanog20

Smash Apprentice
Let's see how many ways this can go down (keep in mind some can combine).

#1 Nothing Smash related happens during the Hyrule Warriors Direct.
#2 Ganondorf returns at the Direct.
#3 We get a Skyward Sword newcomer at the Direct further solidifying the trophy quiz theory.
#4 Sakurai pulls another Shulk and we get a completely unrelated character (Ridley or otherwise).
#5 There's a separate Direct with any of the above mentioned characters after the HW one.
#6 Sakurai gives another livestream out of the blue sometime after the HW Direct.

I'm putting my money on #1 and #5 honestly.
What if Ganondorf is revealed in a pic of the day on Monday? :oneeye: I'm expecting a general direct soon after this Hyrule Warriors one. Fingers crossed for Ridley!

Exegguter

Smash Lord
If zoroark gets confirmed I'm hyped as **** holy ****!

Btw I was the ONLY ONE that said Ridley will be announced in september and I still believe so.

Mansana

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I know. But wasn't Zoroark confirmed as a Pokeball Pokemon?
Possibly but he's the master of illusions. So Zoroark can actually be anyone in Smash. Everyone is deconfirmed guys. It was Zoroark the whole time. We've been lied by illusions; illuminati too powerful.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
So is Zoroark going to get upset at Alfonzo for taking on the role of all characters when they're on the field? It could be seen as a role Zoroark would do much better at.

James Phillips

Smash Journeyman
I don't know why people are expecting Smash news in a Hyrule Warriors Direct, wait a week or so later for an ordinary Nintendo Direct.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
I don't know why people are expecting Smash news in a Hyrule Warriors Direct, wait a week or so later for an ordinary Nintendo Direct.
I don't see why people think a reveal has to come in a Nintendo Direct. Robin's announcement didn't.

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135
Hyrule warriors would be a great chance to reveal a new or revamped Zelda character for Smash, but until we get news on another one in August I'm not hoping out for one to materialise. Plus like Skyblade12 said what they did with Fire Emblem is a possibility, seems more plausible than a 2nd direct to me.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Hyrule warriors would be a great chance to reveal a new or revamped Zelda character for Smash, but until we get news on another one in August I'm not hoping out for one to materialise. Plus like Skyblade12 said what they did with Fire Emblem is a possibility, seems more plausible than a 2nd direct to me.
I don't think it will have anything, but that said, there's still a great chance for a Smash Direct next week, or even just a single character announcement. If we get a single character announcement, though, I'd say its definitely Ridley.

Exegguter

Smash Lord
Is there a zoroark support thread? Zoroarm wasn't confirmed as a pokeball btw. People assumed he was, because he was shown in Greninja's trailer and all characters so far have been pokeballs. No one ever saw him popping out a pokeball though. Not even at the demo.

Imagine a trailer. Ridlet appears on the screen. Suddenly there are two Ridleys. Everyone is surprised. It's zoroark :D

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Is there a zoroark support thread? Zoroarm wasn't confirmed as a pokeball btw. People assumed he was, because he was shown in Greninja's trailer and all characters so far have been pokeballs. No one ever saw him popping out a pokeball though. Not even at the demo.

Imagine a trailer. Ridlet appears on the screen. Suddenly there are two Ridleys. Everyone is surprised. It's zoroark :D
Or Zoroark has been in every Pokeball. :)

D

Deleted member

Well actually it was said that all the pokemon that appeared in Greninja's trailer were in the game in some form, and if Zoroark were to be confirmed he probably wouldn't have been in that line with all of the other pokemon, most of which are Pokeball pokemon.

So Zoroark has probably been disconfirmed. :ohwell:

But Zoroark has nothing to do with Ridley.

Exegguter

Smash Lord
Well actually it was said that all the pokemon that appeared in Greninja's trailer were in the game in some form, and if Zoroark were to be confirmed he probably wouldn't have been in that line with all of the other pokemon, most of which are Pokeball pokemon.

So Zoroark has probably been disconfirmed. :ohwell:

But Zoroark has nothing to do with Ridley.
I don't believe in 'probably disconfirmed characters' anymore untill they are mentioned by name. Palutena, Toon Link and Ridley are all examples. It's Sakurai we're dealing with here.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
If there is another Smash Direct, I don't expect it until around the week before the Japanese release.

I think a Hyrule Warriors Direct makes a lot of sense, and I'm expecting a stand-alone reveal video during both August and September before release.

Ridley will probably be the August reveal.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
"But I don't want to be the butt!"
That reminds me of this:

...i think no one understands why...whatever, its not Ridley.

This reminds me of the story of the blind men trying to describe an elephant, but with Ridley.

Of course, if you had a bunch of blind men trying to describe Ridley by touch, I don't think they'd last very long
Even if they will have time to describe him, they will think it is a BIG rock or a giant space dragon thing. Either way, they will think it is something TOO BIG to grasp its true form.

You know...what if that would be in Ridley reveal trailer:

Would it be the most awesome reveal trailer? Will it be even more awesome than Reggie VS Iwata? And what if it will be Ganondorf instead of Falcondorf or Falcondork this time? Even if it will be just Ridley and no one else...my body will be ready for that...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Would it be the most awesome reveal trailer? Will it be even more awesome than Reggie VS Iwata? And what if it will be Ganondorf instead of Falcondorf or Falcondork this time?
So what I'm hearing you say is that you want to submit Ridley X Ganondorf and Link X Samus.

Alrighty then, time to dust off the old Approval stamp! :awesome:

Ridley X Ganondorf?

Link X Samus?

Both are

Where's @AndreaAC when you need her?
Here we go again! :troll:

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Okay, so I've been a fairly active lurker on these forums the past few months. I'm going to give my thoughts on the whole Ridley debate.

Personally, I love Ridley. I love the Metroid series. I've been very back and forth on whether I believe Ridley will be playable in Smash this time around. The biggest reason, which is probably annoying to most people by now is the size debate. For me, Ridley's old design just did not look right shrunken down, he looked too frail. People posted concept arts of his down size and all, but I just didn't see it working. HOWEVER!! With the release of Other M, Ridley got an incredibly favorable design in terms of shrinking him down. I still think he'd have to be the largest character on the roster, but his Other M redesign boosted his Smash chances dramatically, and as people have pointed out. His tail in the direct footage is definitely his Other M design. I would be fine if he wasn't in, but Sakurai has really teased him, and it would be giant FU to tease him to all the big Ridley supporters only to have him as a stage hazard.

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
Okay, so I've been a fairly active lurker on these forums the past few months. I'm going to give my thoughts on the whole Ridley debate.

Personally, I love Ridley. I love the Metroid series. I've been very back and forth on whether I believe Ridley will be playable in Smash this time around. The biggest reason, which is probably annoying to most people by now is the size debate. For me, Ridley's old design just did not look right shrunken down, he looked too frail. People posted concept arts of his down size and all, but I just didn't see it working. HOWEVER!! With the release of Other M, Ridley got an incredibly favorable design in terms of shrinking him down. I still think he'd have to be the largest character on the roster, but his Other M redesign boosted his Smash chances dramatically, and as people have pointed out. His tail in the direct footage is definitely his Other M design. I would be fine if he wasn't in, but Sakurai has really teased him, and it would be giant FU to tease him to all the big Ridley supporters only to have him as a stage hazard.
Welcome to the Ridleytrain, we will be leaving shortly, whether the destination may be Hype-Mountain or Despair-Land.

Don't drink the water, and welcome to the Smashboards (aka Crashboards the second Ridley or Mewtwo is confirmed as playable).

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Welcome to the Ridleytrain, we will be leaving shortly, whether the destination may be Hype-Mountain or Despair-Land.
This train may choose the 3rd option and go to Hate-Volcano or at least part of that train will go that way. Don`t forget about that. This is where Mewtwo supporters will most likely go if Mewtwo will not be playable in SSB4 and SSB5. Or at least most of them.

Last edited:

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion

Don't drink the water, and welcome to the Smashboards (aka Crashboards the second Ridley or Mewtwo is confirmed as playable).
LOL. I'm a very avid Mewtwo supporter, but this isn't the place to talk about Mewtwo. It's all about dat Ridley amirite?

Top Bottom