• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Xenorange

Smash Lord
I love and hate miiverse at the same time, on one hand they're some cool people there who draw significantly well, on the other hand there are annoying seven year olds and "memes", even though the proper term is fad. They see a stage for paper mario and erupt with PAPER MAYRO CONFERMD posts.
Paper Mayro isn't confirmed??!!
image.jpg

But teh stage! Stages obviously confirm characters. You guys remember Hanenbrew right?

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
People have already replied to you about this, so you already are aware it's perspective. I'd still like to draw attention to this size comparison of models.

Note how big the tail knife is compared to Olimar. If you look carefully, it even extends a bit past Ganondorfs face. Flipped turnways, the thing is larger than Olimar. On a pretty reasonable model no less.
Now, lets take that Pikachu shall we. Pikachu is about the same size as Olimar I guess? At least, if you discount ears. Look at the footage. Take into account that Ridley's tail is close to the camera.
Draw your conclusions. Also, Ridley's tail knife in Other M is as long as Samus.
In case the shadow analysisters weren't convincing enough, perhaps this will change your mind.
Why the hell does Charizard and Mario look possessed in that pic?

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
This is a reminder that seizure-inducing images are not allowed. This is the Ridley thread, not a Porygon thread.
The seizures were Pikachu's fault!
Everyone's so quick to blame Porygon when it's just been framed for a crime it didn't commit!
Blame the electric rat! Ban it from ever appearing on TV again!
This has everything to do with Ridley :awesome:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
This is a reminder that seizure-inducing images are not allowed. This is the Ridley thread, not a Porygon thread.
B-But the Seizure was because of PIKACHU, not PORYGON!
*cries real tears*

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
Ridley can't float in water on his own?
Well, at least we know he isn't a witch then.
He also has to weigh less than a duck. That's important too, duckbeak and all. Why haven't we called Roidley Quackly this whole time?

RidleyKraid187

Smash Journeyman
He also has to weigh less than a duck. That's important too, duckbeak and all. Why haven't we called Roidley Quackly this whole time?
Cause Muscles are more prominent than Duckbill? A better question would be, Why don't we just call him RIDLEY? clone or not, he's still the same person

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
2014-07-31 17.05.44.jpg
Well, here a little preview for hype sake!
Long story short, i wanted to experiment with inks, since i will be drawing and inking a comic soon (not a big deal, we are independent, so not DC quality or stuff ... yet), so i decided to just do that, experiment!. I used as a reference one of Ayami Kojima ink works and worked Mewtwo with a dib pen and Ridley with a brush... I sadly feel that i kinda botched mewtwo, so for now i will post it only here :v.
*sigh* it didn't ended as good as i would liked.. gues that i still need more practice :c
and bear with the potato quality picture, my working pc just exploded, and my phone IS THE MOST BEAUTIFUL POTATO EVER!!!!

once my work pc is back, I probably will scan and then mess a little with watercolors.

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
View attachment 20080 Well, here a little preview for hype sake!
Long story short, i wanted to experiment with inks, since i will be drawing and inking a comic soon (not a big deal, we are independent, so not DC quality or stuff ... yet), so i decided to just do that, experiment!. I used as a reference one of Ayami Kojima ink works and worked Mewtwo with a dib pen and Ridley with a brush... I sadly feel that i kinda botched mewtwo, so for now i will post it only here :v.
*sigh* it didn't ended as good as i would liked.. gues that i still need more practice :c
and bear with the potato quality picture, my working pc just exploded, and my phone IS THE MOST BEAUTIFUL POTATO EVER!!!!

once my work pc is back, I probably will scan and then mess a little with watercolors.
That is almost as sexy as me.

Meta-Kraid

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1693-0411-8525
So Ridley's Little Mac's opposite? Ridley and Little Mac would have opposite air/ground game, and Ridley would be a horrible swimmer. Is swimming really removed, or is it just not on Tortimer Island?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Characters look frickin' huge when they slam into the screen as well. Its just forced perspective, they zoom in the camera to make things look bigger. Ridley's tail swings around quite a bit, his tail just swung closer to the camera during that one point.
If anything, I'm more concerned about how the hell he would be floating in midair (perfectly still) for 12 seconds without falling. Unless that's a WIP gimmick for Ridley that could be fixed later on.

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
I doubt anything smash related is in the HW direct, but plenty will be in the following direct on the same month

Meta-Kraid

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1693-0411-8525
If anything, I'm more concerned about how the hell he would be floating in midair (perfectly still) for 12 seconds without falling. Unless that's a WIP gimmick for Ridley that could be fixed later on.
I'm rooting for something like Peach's float mechanic.

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
So Ridley's Little Mac's opposite? Ridley and Little Mac would have opposite air/ground game, and Ridley would be a horrible swimmer. Is swimming really removed, or is it just not on Tortimer Island?
Swimming is removed, other wise you wouldn't fall through the water in Tortimer Island and Jungle Japes.

Shinru202

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shinryu2
3DS FC
2809-8719-6664
It's been a while since I stepped into the Space Pirate Lounge...missed the last 35 pages...Anyways, here a little something

I got a fever last week and this idea just hit my head:grin:
Ridley IS HOT:awesome:

Last edited:

CamZilla94

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5086-2929-3596
Switch FC
SW 2709 2387 5005
How do these colors look?

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
It's been a while since I stepped into the Space Pirate Lounge...missed the last 35 pages...Anyways, here a little something

:D Glad to see you again! and...is it just me or your style changed a little bit?

Meta-Kraid

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1693-0411-8525

I think I'm gonna be sick.:c Does that count as beastality?

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Actually, he only stays in the air for about 7-8 seconds, and he only stays perfectly still about 4-5 seconds. Yes, its decently long, but not a major deal overall. I don't see the problem with it. I mean, he doesn't attack at all in that time, and he moves in a very odd manner, like a playable character. If anything, its just his own gameplay gimmick.

Meta-Kraid

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1693-0411-8525
Somehow, I think this should be in the second post to bolster our arguments.
Why? Changing size only helps our arguments since toobigots believe nothing can be resized, and Luma grows in the middle of the game.

Last edited:

Waluigi is too big

Smash Journeyman
NNID
waluigi44
Ok fellow Ridley supporters there is a question I been wanting to ask you guys about.
How convincing or accurate do you think the shadow analyses that have been posted on this thread are.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Why? Changing size only helps our arguments since toobigots believe nothing can be resized, and Luma grows in the middle of the game.
That's the point. It shows that scale is not set, hence it helps the argument and should be in the second post.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
Kind of why they said it could be in the second post
Also, off-topic but that idiot trying to hold an Aegislash in your avatar isn't going to have a very nice rest-of-their-life...

Top Bottom