• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Add me to the list of Ridley supporters!

I really want to see how Ridley would work in Smash and Metroid needs more representation and Ridley's the best representative.
If you aren't already on the support list, I doubt you ever will be

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I have to say, it's been an interesting morning. The Gematsu leak took a hit (though I don't think it's dead), and we now have the opportunity for other characters. So that's an interesting development for a lot of characters, including the space pirate leader himself.

I will also say, I feel a bit more confident in Ridley. I still have some skepticism since there is the boss thing, but now there may be a light at the end of the tunnel. Along with the leak being confirmed to not be the full roster, Chrom being disconfirmed was interesting because it was immediately done by Nintendo earlier today with no hesitation, something that they still haven't really done with Ridley. It could be because they want to keep the boss a surprise and I won't deny that, but it's still something to note.

Either way, we probably won't know for a while, but hopefully that patience will be worth it.

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Add me to the list of Ridley supporters!

I really want to see how Ridley would work in Smash and Metroid needs more representation and Ridley's the best representative.
New members are always welcome!

You've come at a good time, my friend. Enjoy our humble abode and don't drink the water.

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
I'm convinced now that Ridley is playable. The amount of teasing about him compares the amount of Palutena teasing, as I believe others have said. The fact he hasn't been outright confirmed to be not playable the way Waluigi, Starfy and Chrom fans were treated..

Shinru202

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shinryu2
3DS FC
2809-8719-6664

Gematsu Leak is Down!
TIME TO TIP THE SCALES!

Last edited:

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
I'm convinced now that Ridley is playable. The amount of teasing about him compares the amount of Palutena teasing, as I believe others have said. The fact he hasn't been outright confirmed to be not playable the way Waluigi, Starfy and Chrom fans were treated..
I think Ridley has more teasing.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
sal leak don't really change his chances for me (I expected that they were not the finals anyway because of how I saw Ridley).

The 4 fe reps either because I don't it's far fetched enough to think that metroid could get another rep and that from a general perspective.

What it does however is it would make people more confident that he could be in. Which doesn't matter for me since he was pretty likely anyway.

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
Maybe Dark Pit is a nod to Hades, who could also be a newcomer along with K Rool and Riddles.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
Is it weird that with clone Lucina I find Dark Pit extremely likely now?
Dark Pit was a costume in Brawl.
I really don't see why that would change. Plus, you know... newcomers get their own trailers. Dark Pit didn't get any fancy shmancy "joins the battle" thing in Palutena's trailer

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
The day I support Dark Pit is the day I see a full set of alts for him that aren't interchangeable with Pit.

Ridley's chances are larger than his.

Meta-Kraid

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1693-0411-8525
Welcome to the thread man, good thing you're joining in at such a great time honestly!

Oh yea, and great trailer idea!

Oh and remember to NOT drink the water.
Thanks, I finally decided to get an account when the Gematsu leak died. I've been reading this since around page 700. I just doubt that the trailer will be anything like that since it would be way to long with there or four new characters.

What's the worst that could happen... Oh at least my eyes won't melt... Right?

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
Yesterday, I beat my first Metroid game, Super Metroid.

I want to be initiated into this tribe.
Do you accept our father Ridley as your lord and savior, and promise to follow in his teachings wholeheartedly?

Also, the water's GREAT!

Last edited:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Dark Pit was a costume in Brawl.
I really don't see why that would change. Plus, you know... newcomers get their own trailers. Dark Pit didn't get any fancy shmancy "joins the battle" thing in Palutena's trailer
There we go, some assurance. Woulda been stamped playable at E3 if it were gonna happen. Hopefully.

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135
It's been a while since I've used a tablet, so there's bound to be some oddities here and there as I go along.
Besides, ever seen a Quetzalcoatlus? Those things were huge. I find it mindboggling how those things were able to take off and fly under their own power.

As soon as I saw that I thought it was wearing a Beret, now I can't unsee it

Is it weird that with clone Lucina I find Dark Pit extremely likely now?
I thought of a few reasons why Lucina is her own women, model design, could be flightier like Toon Link is to Link, or canon reasons. Though Dark pit (aka Pittoo), is pretty much a dark clone of pit, so seeing him as just a alt costume seems a lot more plausible to me.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I guess I should have been more detailed in what I meant when I said boss character :p Meant it to be something along the lines of Yellow Devil.
The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - Going Strong to the end

Read the first part as well.

And look at these megaman and pikachu dots

And heres the reverse version

And the key of pikachus shadow points is that pikachu shadow points. Version is 98% the same size as his shadow when ridley grabbed pikachu.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Quetzalcaotlus wasn't even the largest pterasaur

Last edited:

BrigadeStuart

Smash Journeyman
View attachment 18184

This one includes Chorus Men and Shulk also, with Mewtwo, Ridley, and more than 50 characters, which is good. It's the only leak yet to be disproven and I posted it again for reference. I REALLY hope if Ridley gets in, K Rool does too, because they really should debut in Smash together
i get why its called Foul Mouth Leak, is cause theres alot of curse words.

Thermithral

Smash Journeyman
NNID
blahara
3DS FC
1375-7535-6452
Switch FC
6524 3241 3725
Maybe Dark Pit is a nod to Hades, who could also be a newcomer along with K Rool and Riddles.
Only if he has something similar to Snakes codec where he talks about the characters, and says hurtful things about their abilities before breaking the fourth wall.

Last edited:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master

Crocovile

Smash Apprentice
BaganSmashBros said:
This pterosaur's beak/skull/jaws/mouth looks a lot like Roidley's. Anyway, that version of Ridley's beak you used before looked better.
Well, I did simplify the design in this drawing since I didn't want to spend the entire night working on it. Working with several layers and colours can be a real time consumer. Plus I'm still not as used to the tablet as I am using regular pencils and paper. (I have a penchant for drawing very small and very detailed).

Urgh, Ridsalina shipping. Not a fan.

PsychoIncarnate said:
Quetzlecaotlus wasn't even the largest pterasaur
It's debatable. It is at least one of the largest, plus paleontologists aren't sure whether Hatzegopteryx is its own genus or simply a variation of Quetzalcoatlus.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Anyone want to scrounge up a Samus and Mega Man size comparison to see if he comes up to Ridley's arm?

This image seems perfect for the task. Just adjust Samus, Megaman, and Pikachu's heights accordingly

Top Bottom