• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

LunarDistortion

Lord of the Nigelchu's
NNID
Lunar_Distortion
3DS FC
4639-9294-0127
Switch FC
SW-4041-3028-0448
This has been a wonderful time here! It's time for the final day!

We believe in you, Ridley!

lilt

Smash Journeyman
Okay, Duck Hunt Dog confirmed. I'm curious about the next few hours.
Seems like characters are unlocked pretty fast.

Dat Ridley hype on those livestreams though!

Last edited:

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
Im done! I cant stand any more of the garbage twitch leakers and have to wait hours only to have the only two characters I wanted in this game not be in, AGAIN!!!!

Last edited:

AuraShaman

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraShaman
3DS FC
0018-0281-9044
Wow...is this finally it? Just a few hours back, we were all exchanging farewells to the thread, bringing up what Ridley means to us, and singing jolly ol' songs... Now reality wants to blast off our kneecaps.

I can't watch! :(

Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Unfortunately I've got the early shift coupled with overtime, so no live anything for me.

I'll be checking in sporadically on my phone. Please remember to stay on topic/save the celebrating for later, guys. Whatever happens, don't lose hope.

NNID
AwesomeCauliflwr
3DS FC
0576-6167-0092
BIG DEVELOPMENT

Remember how Mii Fighters were said to replace the Random Slot? Well it's been confirmed you can change it to have both on screen.

Now I know what you're thinking; "How is this relevant to Ridley?" Well, as you know it was speculated there was a 'Final Five' left. However, this could bump it down to instead being a Final Four.

What does THAT mean?

Well remember the text leak that was proven true, with Duck Hunt Dog, Bowser Jr, etc.? Well remember they also found a text leak that happened to line up with their's (The real one) before they revealed it.

Said leak had four newcomers confirmed that they did not.

-Dixie Kong
-Chorus Men
-Mewtwo
And the Big Guy himself.

These four would perfectly fit and complete the roster. They also line up with the Gematsu leak, which we assume was an outdated one.

Essentially, all the leaks come full circle, and it ends with Ridley flying high.[/q
a man can dream, a man can dream

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
It has been an honour being with you guys. Hopefully Ridley will be a playable character.
If he isn't, I'll feel like making a petition to Nintendo for him to be DLC (with Mewtwo and King K. Rool if they're also not in).

RidleyWright

Smash Rookie

Kinda have to break what I said about not posting until (de)confirmation. The hype on twitch is just too real. The chat is going crazy every time a challenger appears begging for Ridley. It's... it's glorious. ;;

Last character unlocked was dark black pit.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
There's still alot of evidence in their favor. Alot of the "leak detectives" believe in the missing 5. So one turned out to be Mii Fighters. This just makes that 4chan leak all the more interesting.

There's so much going for you, Rids! Let's see this through to the end.

On that note, I need to go to bed. I'll catch you guys on the potential flipside, where we shall hype and or cry together.

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
I'm watching a stream of the game right now, Falco, G&W and Dark Pit confirmed so far. No sign of Ridley, but also noone boiught a trophy of him...unlike Wolf...poor Wolf. So there is still hope guys. But it will only be Final Four if anything, Miis are next to random on the character select screen.

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
I'm watching a stream of the game right now, Falco, G&W and Dark Pit confirmed so far. No sign of Ridley, but also noone boiught a trophy of him...unlike Wolf...poor Wolf. So there is still hope guys.
You're behind. Try this one:
http://www.twitch.tv/hamayama

A rather inferior player (it is very rare that I will claim to play better than ANYONE, but I can definitely play better than this guy), but he has Duck Hunt and Ness unlocked as well.

PurpleSpaceDragon

Smash Journeyman
Welp, if Ridley is in the 3DS version, playing through Classic as Samus is one of the most likely ways to unlock him. If this doesn't work, I hope he plays through as ZSS next.

Last edited:

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
You're behind. Try this one:
http://www.twitch.tv/hamayama

A rather inferior player (it is very rare that I will claim to play better than ANYONE, but I can definitely play better than this guy), but he has Duck Hunt and Ness unlocked as well.
Watching that, i didn'T get to see his CSS until now.

Welp, if Ridley is in the 3DS version, playing through Classic as Samus is one of the most likely ways to unlock him. If this doesn't work, I hope he plays through as ZSS next.
Well, i haven't seen anyone being able to buy a Ridley Trophy, unlike Wolf trophy so...

Last edited:

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
Yep, ZSS confirmed to appear separate from Samus in All-Star (2001-2006 I think?).

So only Ridley would appear next to Samus in All-Star mode.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
This is it! If Ridley isn't unlocked when Samus beats Master Hand, it might be over!

Or maybe Ridley will unlock! WHO KNOWS!

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
And now they are trying ZSS on 9.0 difficulty. Not sure if it's going to happen. But I'd happy if it did.

EDIT: They gave up. I don't know how he's going to be unlockable. If at all. But that was my guess.

Last edited:

Kirbizard

Smash Cadet
Oh my God. This guy. Zero Suit Samus and 9.0 intensity. He's gonna get wrecked, but DOING IT FOR THE FANS.

Yugimoto-D

Smash Rookie
NNID
YetAnotherMask
hamayama just beat the game with Samus and now is playing with Zero Suit Samus.

)': I think we are close to finding out the truth.

PurpleSpaceDragon

Smash Journeyman
Well, Samus didn'T do anything. Welp.
He lost a stock to Master Hand (got knocked out), so that might have been why.

He's playing through as Zamus now. Let us hope for the best!

edit: he just lost the first match. LOL. he's playing as Mario now.

Last edited:

Chrollo.

fka president wario
At this point, I think the only way we'll find out if Ridley is in the game is tomorrow. If he is in the game, he'll be a really hard unlockable.

CantGetRidOfTheRidley

Smash Apprentice
Does character matter? I mean, the one streamer tried several different characters to get Dark Pit.

Plus, it's all been fairly sequential from what we've seen so far. Falco unlocked, Ness Unlocked, Dark Pit, etc.

Zynux

Smash Lord
Using Samus in classic mode didn't unlock Ridley.

He's going ZSS on 9.0 now. If nothing happens, then I don't know what to think...:ohwell:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Zero Suit Samus is still there, guys. Just wait. Also, is it 100% confirmed that characters will unlock characters? Ridley might get the "Mewtwo" like treatment for unlocking requirements. So, don't falter yet. Until everyone is unlocked, no quitting.

Adam unauthorizes believing Ridley isn't playable.

Anthony Higgs can't believe you guys have no style for disbelieving in Ridley.

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Does character matter? I mean, the one streamer tried several different characters to get Dark Pit.

Plus, it's all been fairly sequential from what we've seen so far. Falco unlocked, Ness Unlocked, Dark Pit, etc.
The other stream unlocked characters in a different order, by doing other modes first. So it's not strictly sequential.

Rumor on the Twitch channel says Lucina is unlocked by beating Classic with Marth, but no confirmation yet.

There are a ton of different options to unlock him still left open. Defeat Classic 100 times. Defeat All-Star mode (any level of roster completion). Defeat Classic with Samus on a certain difficulty.

We've only seen easy unlocks so far, but that doesn't mean that's all there is.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Zero Suit Samus is still there, guys. Just wait. Also, is it 100% confirmed that characters will unlock characters? Ridley might get the "Mewtwo" like treatment for unlocking requirements. So, don't falter yet. Until everyone is unlocked, no quitting.
Yep. But I'm also being more realistic. Anything could happen at this point.

I'm hoping that we'll see something good. But for now, I'd like to just see if this person can get the good Doctor.

Ridley FR

Smash Rookie
Even if Ridley it's the last unlockable, I feel the end is near

I can't believe it's going to end....Thank you guys for this amazing tread !

LONG LIFE TO RIDLEY, OUR LORD!

Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Stream talk not pertaining to Ridley is no bueno. They still have lots of methods to try out, it'll take a while before we get any major breakthroughs. With how much it was advertised I though Smash Run would be an obvious starting point.

Top Bottom