• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

kisamehoshi34

Smash Apprentice
Famutsu also showed Dark Pit in the background and talked about him being mysterious.. we even saw him... and he's playable.
This is actually the FIRST time we've seen Ridley, and it's not the same size, no model as the one we'll be seeing.
Had to say this before worried commoners escalate us closer to 2000.
where it show dark pit?

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I say Ridley shown in a different game in that magazine is yet another hint

The reason is bandana dee got the same treatment on the dedede page

But it means nothing though.

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
Heck Ridley's face wasn't even shown
and it was a screenshot from Other M
He wasn't even mentioned
again

The plot thickens.

PokéMurio

Smash Apprentice
I still think Ridley's chances are the same they were after Smash Bros. Direct... but hey, how long till we know our big bad pal's fate? It's... TOO SOON! MY BODY ISN'T READY!

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
So the banner for Shulk on the smash site is gone, which means a character announcement is on the way.

"SAKURAI.......... YOU ARE LOOKING AT ME, AREN'T YOU?!?!"

Ravestickman

Smash Cadet
NNID
Ravestickman
So the banner for Shulk on the smash site is gone, which means a character announcement is on the way.

I can hardly contain my excitement. I think it will be a vet though. I can only WISH that Ridley's going to be it right now and I hope I am wrong about it being a vet!

MischF

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TrueMischF

Could just be he was getting rid of the newcomer banner before the Japanese release.

AlexTLW

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AlexTLW
3DS FC
0688-5455-7010
the last 100 pages can be used as a remarkable underdog celebration. Or a crushing disappointment and a Detractors dream come true.

do with them as you will. lol

Ravestickman

Smash Cadet
NNID
Ravestickman
Why is that fake? Its realy good man , someone confirmed it as fake?
The shadow looks a wee bit janky to me. As much as I want Ridley in, I believe most leaks to be fake :/ But in any case, this looks alright besides Ridley's shadow and, I imagine him hunched down just a bit more than in this picture but, that's just me.

Chase

Smash Ace
Wow, guys. Less than 72 hours and we will know Ridley's fate. It's been an amazing 2000-page ride with you guys. When I first joined, this thread was around 400 pages. Now that amount has quintupled itself. When Ridley is confirmed, we are going to have one rockin' internet party! W00t!

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
Could just be he was getting rid of the newcomer banner before the Japanese release.
Maybe, but I doubt it. This has happened every time a character is announced, vet or new. The metaknight banner stayed up till Shulk was revealed. It was taken down about 2-3 days before hand. So I'm leaning on a character reveal, and this time, it's gonna be BIG.

CarlGreenhat

Smash Rookie
I can't believe we're already this close to the end...well, I had a great time reading here! Thank you guys!

MischF

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TrueMischF
Maybe, but I doubt it. This has happened every time a character is announced, vet or new. The metaknight banner stayed up till Shulk was revealed. It was taken down about 2-3 days before hand. So I'm leaning on a character reveal, and this time, it's gonna be BIG.
I just like to consider possibilities and don't want people to get too hyped in case it is nothing. I mean our time is limited.

Taco Cruise

Smash Journeyman
There is no way someone from Nintendo looked at the most popular topics on the major Smash forums and didn't take note that this topic has more replies than literally any other thread on this site... (I think). Not even Mewtwo generates the hype that Ridley brings, and his inclusion WILL crash these boards for hours.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Welp, this will probably be my last ever post here. After this, I'm done with speculation.

I'm going to hope for the best, and that the 4chan leak put together with Ninka/Vaanrose is genuine. We need Ridley in this series as playable character. I just can't see Metroid being represented with two Samuses.

Last edited:

CHUBUNATO

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CHUBUNATO
3DS FC
2277-6893-1304
The shadow in that leak does look its floating the air and not flat on the ground or something. Definitely funky

Edit: I dunno why my text so small in this post lolz

Last edited:

Kuzeele

Smash Cadet
Greetings everyone, I've been lurking for a few days now, but I'm finally here to say that I'm a Ridley supporter, I have yet to play more Metroid games ( I've only played Metroid and Super Metroid ) but Ridley is my absolute favorite character from the series, sorry if I sound really weird right now, I'm kinda shy hahaha.. But anyways, I'm rooting for him!

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
Greetings everyone, I've been lurking for a few days now, but I'm finally here to say that I'm a Ridley supporter, I have yet to play more Metroid games ( I've only played Metroid and Super Metroid ) but Ridley is my absolute favorite character from the series, sorry if I sound really weird right now, I'm kinda shy hahaha.. But anyways, I'm rooting for him!
Glad to have you here, friend! And don't worry, Ridley is coming........SOON!

Roxas215

Smash Lord
Gonna be my last post here. I really doubt Ridley is in but i do agree he deserves it. Fri is either gonna be DHD or Bowser Jr though. If Ridley is revealed it will be by someone who has the game.

Ravestickman

Smash Cadet
NNID
Ravestickman
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO: I recommend Metroid Prime, and Metroid fusion. Also, Ridley for Sm4sh!

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
The shadow in that leak does look its floating the air and not flat on the ground or something. Definitely funky

Edit: I dunno why my text so small in this post lolz
Funky Kong confirmed

I shrug. I still think that Ridley's in the game. I'd like to see him revealed on Friday but tbh I bet he's just a secret character. Though I'd love to see the salty tears of Ridley haters if unveiled officially.

Live reaction videos would never be the same again

Ganonthegreat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ganonthegreat
3DS FC
3780-9005-2627
Funky Kong confirmed

I shrug. I still think that Ridley's in the game. I'd like to see him revealed on Friday but tbh I bet he's just a secret character. Though I'd love to see the salty tears of Ridley haters if unveiled officially.

Live reaction videos would never be the same again
Agreed, I'd love to flick through those reaction videos.

Welp, this will probably be my last ever post here. After this, I'm done with speculation.

I'm going to hope for the best, and that the 4chan leak put together with Ninka/Vaanrose is genuine. We need Ridley in this series as playable character. I just can't see Metroid being represented with two Samuses.
Gonna be my last post here. I really doubt Ridley is in but i do agree he deserves it. Fri is either gonna be DHD or Bowser Jr though. If Ridley is revealed it will be by someone who has the game.
See ya around! It's been fun speculating with you! :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom