• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

PeterJude

Smash Ace
:facepalm:
It's like someone is wiping their minds, making them forget Ridley's name. How hard is it to even just acknowledge him?
It just seems to be going on about Other M, the game, the concept. I would really be interested to see the translation though.

In any case, the time draws ever nearer.

Iddis

Smash Apprentice

The newest Famitsu issue has profiles on all currently revealed characters, and there in mentions their origins. Not sure what it's saying, but there's clearly a picture of Ridley from his Other M fight right above the costumes.

Definitely interesting that even when showing Ridley it's not from Smash but from Other M, I'm extremely curious on what that says since I feel like it could go either way. However, it'll probably leave us in the dark as usual from being vague or not really saying anything directly related to him and just have some info on how say Samus takes on these different horrendous creatures or something of the like.
Lastly it'd also be weird (imo) if Nintendo let Famitsu just casually say "oh, here's Ridley btw." so it probably won't be anything to BIG
In any case we don't have much longer to find out Ridleys fate so as the title says "Space Pirates don't falter"
On a side note that Brinstar Final Destisnation variant is cool

Last edited:

KingBroly

Smash Lord
It's from Other M. As someone who has that game burned into their retinas, I can say that without hesitation.

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
Not even joking Ridley looks big as hell in the picture. IMO lol
Please keep in mind that that isn't a Sm4sh picture. Each page has a picture of a game from that character's franchise, usually starring the character itself in some form. In this case, Samus feeding Ridley some delicious plasma.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Not even joking Ridley looks big as hell in the picture. IMO lol
He's pretty enormous in Other M, one of Samus' attacks against him is jumping in between his jaws and shooting him up the mouth.

It's from Other M. As someone who has that game burned into their retinas, I can say that without hesitation.
Well, yes, of course, nobody said otherwise.

Last edited:

LousyTactician

There's a red door and I want it painted pink
1 Has the speculation really been worth it?

I'd say yes. We got a bunch of funny pictures out of it, some good jokes, and even some touching stories. People like to act as if it has been nothing except misery, but there's a silver lining everywhere.

2 Will Ridley's inclusion be justified?

Who the heck do you think he is? (Yes)

3 What would the ratio be between people who will like him and hate him if he's confirmed?

The majority of the detractors I see don't have a problem with him being in. Most simply don't think he'll get in. That said, some would be upset about Rids being playable no matter what, so I'd say 85-90% like and 10-15% hate.

4 Was it unprofessional on Nintendo's part to not clear the confusion when they had the perfect opportunity to do so?

I'm not sure what makes you think Nintendo was responsible when it seems to be Sakurai being Sakurai, but to an extent it was. However, given the sheer amount of hype and speculation surrounding Ridley because of the confusion, I would be lying if I said I wouldn't do the exact same thing to get people talking.

5 Do you think it would be worth showing your displeasure with Nintendo?

Pff, naw. It was unprofessional, but not enough for me to want to write to Nintendo about it.

6 Do you think him being a Wii U-exclusive stage boss is really worth complaining about?

I would prefer he be playable, so to an extent, yes. Though if he were a boss it would be foolish to impulsively demand he become playable.

7 Should DLC be made if he's not playable after the false hype people have made of it?

Depends on the pricing, but I have nothing against DLC IN THEORY!

8 Would you forgive Sakurai for turning a blind eye towards the Ridley fanbase?

The inclusion or exclusion of 1 character, yes, even Ridley, will not make or break a game for me, and it should not for anybody else, and Sakurai is relatively good at listening to fans. I'd have to say yes because of this, though I think it would be a mistake on Sakurai's part to ignore a pretty big fan-base.

9 Would you question your point of view if he isn't playable?

Nope, I'd probably be hoping for his inclusion as a playable character in the next Smash if he wasn't in Smash 4.

10 What does Ridley represent in your eyes?

He represents the hopes of those who choose to believe! Believe in a world of wonder, doing the impossible, and piercing the heavens above (I'm going to be pushing the Ridley X Gurren Lagann meme for the rest of my life).

11 Why do you want Ridley playable?

He's the most commonly recurring villain to my favorite video game series, a fusion of a Pterodactyl and a Space Dragon, and just a menacingly wonderful creature. I think his abilities would give him a very unique move-set, that the Metroid series needs another rep, and that he's the perfect character for it.

12 Do you think your reason is fair/non-biased?

There's no such thing as 'non-biased'. Everything someone sees in seen through a particular lens, but ignoring whether or not Rids will make it in, I think my reasoning and the reasoning provided by others for his inclusion is more rational than the arguments brought by the detractors for why he shouldn't be included.

13 What do you think of the fans?

They are generally awesome. No matter what happens there are a lot of Ridley supporters I will never forget.

14 Do you wish for all character requests to be treated equally, and not be taken on face/personality value?

Eh, within reason. I saw a lot of people knocking down those who wanted someone from Wonderful 101, which I didn't approve of, but I sure as heck don't want fans, or Agnostic God forbid, Nintendo, taking the people who want Goku in Smash 4 seriously.

15 Does Smash truely deserve a playable Ridley after all these years? After fifteen years of desperation, redemption, and unfair prejudice from the detractors?

Yes, yes, and yes once more.

Modular Zeal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
tsquared
3DS FC
2750-1105-6750
He's pretty enormous in Other M, one of Samus' attacks against him is jumping in between his jaws and shooting him up the mouth.

Well, yes, of course, nobody said otherwise.
Oh, wait is that picture directly from Other M?

The King of Skulls

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4398-9294-7284

Charizard has multiple purple alts, this doesn't look good for our purple dragon friend
Personally, I'm glad Charizard actually has different colors instead of being 5 shades of orange!

Also, the only 'purple' is the 4th palette, which doesn't look too much like Ridley. The 8th palette better be close enough to Shiny charizard, or I'll punch someone!

Anyways, like people have brought up, character alts =/= impact on character in game. Take Mario and Wario.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Personally, I'm glad Charizard actually has different colors instead of being 5 shades of orange!

Also, the only 'purple' is the 4th palette, which doesn't look too much like Ridley. The 8th palette better be close enough to Shiny charizard, or I'll punch someone!

Anyways, like people have brought up, character alts =/= impact on character in game. Take Mario and Wario.
Well if it was suppose to be referencing Ridley they wouldn't make it physically LOOK like Ridley, only have his colors

Grimfrost

Smash Cadet

Yeah sorry, i just thought a ridley alt color could be negative. sorry if these are useless posts mods! just trying to post my findings!

The King of Skulls

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4398-9294-7284
Well if it was suppose to be referencing Ridley they wouldn't make it physically LOOK like Ridley, only have his colors
Roidley looks an eye-gratingly neon purple with slightly blood red undertones that make me feel like gouging both my eyes out.

That charizard looks like a rather tapper shade of velvetish-purple.

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest

Charizard has multiple purple alts, this doesn't look good for our purple dragon friend
And not a single one matches Other M Ridley's patterns, and also, didn't we go over this? Alt colors have nothing to do with a character's inclusion.

Last edited:

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Ridley having multiple jumps is a bit iffy, especially because the whole thing isn't special or unique anymore. Too many characters have it now I feel and it is problematic balance wise.
Come to think of it, yeah. I don't think Ridley having it would contribute to the balance problem though, or at least not that much. I mean being the kind of sized target he'd be would make him rather easy to spike during those multiple jumps, yeah? Probably be better for even Ridley's sake to not have 'em then.

I wanna be able to see detractors as normal people again. Ever since I became a supporter, I knew I'd eventually fall to a state where something's wrong with me, and that so happens to be how I look at detractors. I know they're okay people once you look past that, but I can't seem to. I constantly feel like I gotta avoid them or prove something to them. I wanna be able to run into Shokio at Wal-Mart, and be like "Oh cool, its Shoks." and not be like "Oh ****, its the mascot of Ridley haters, Shokio! I gotta hide before he talks me down like I don't know better!" (fun fact: we both live in Dallas, so it shouldn't be too hard to run into him) Most importantly, I wanna feel free, free from fear of my opinions, and how people will judge me for them!
Not to take away from the rest of your beautiful post, but I also live in the Dallas area like you and Shokio... Kinda turns my world upside down in a way, like reminding me how it's a small world after all. :laugh: I think fate would probably forbid any of us from going to like the same Wal-Mart and around the exact same time though. Would be more likely to get SSB4 at a Gamestop anyway like most of the games I get nowadays.

But to answer your questions like some others did...

1. Difficult one to answer. Speculation tends to be a more polarizing thing for me nowadays, given the evidence both for and against Ridley. If he's playable though then I guess I should say it was worth it, even the painful and annoying times that came with speculating.

2. With everything else we've been getting, would have to give that a one big yeeeep.

3. With the amount of detractors I know would backpedal on their stance of him if he was confirmed, the ratio of people that'll like him would be far greater.

4. Yeah, I would say it was unprofessional to make Ridley the exception of elaborating on, not counting Game & Watch and Dark Pit that were teased, whose inclusions as playable were kinda obvious to begin with, much as no one wanted the latter aside from certain Uprising fans. Not sure it would be worth showing my displeasure to Nintendo though; I mean if Ridley's just a hazard, I might feel a bit more inclined to do so (as Stage Hazardley's the exact opposite of being "worth the hype" for the lot of us), but I'm not sure it would be a criticism Nintendo would really listen to or take to heart, so to answer that other question... probably not.

5. If it gets us nowhere and our voices are not heard by anyone from Nintendo, then no. Otherwise, I guess so.

6. I'd want Ridley to be DLC as much as anyone if worse came to worse, but like most have been saying, those who already have a non-playable role are far less likely, if not illegitimate completely, to become DLC. Sadly, most of the DLC spots would be used for bringing back cut veterans anyway, which is not how DLC in Smash should work IMO, as Snake, Wolf, etc. should've been in the game to begin with, but it is what it is I guess.

7. Not really, unless he gave me a reason to forgive. Granted, I would appreciate if he actually did give a reason on why he could not make Ridley playable, but at the end of the day it would be him making an excuse more than anything else.

8. No. I mean detractors tend to be right about a character not becoming playable (or coming back) for the wrong reasons; doesn't make their most ******** arguments against the characters right, nor does it make me or any of us wrong just for wanting a certain character like Ridley, so why should I change my point of view if he isn't playable? Much as the Ridley fanbase annoys me at times with the reputation it's earned to most of the rest of the site, one of the things I do take pride in it is how we're pretty strong willed, so even if he's not on the roster, I expect most of us wouldn't change our point of views on wanting him playable. It's been an undying dream for around 15 years already, so why would that change now?

9. As far as Smash goes, I guess Ridley as a character happening would represent how Sakurai/Nintendo does in fact listen to top character requests, even the ones that had the most odds against 'em and/or were more challenging to program, which Ridley would be no exception even though I think some tend to exaggerate how difficult he'd be to design. Nonetheless, it'd give me more hope for other potential characters to make it in the future too even if they're not playable this time, so yeah. In short, Ridley represents uh, hope.

10. Many reasons, some of which may have changed over the years, but my top reasons for wanting him playable still comes from being the kind of diehard Metroid fan I became, and how I developed a connection/attachment to Ridley during my progression through the series over time, which started with Super Metroid a year or so after it came out, and later solidified after Prime (hence my namesake I guess). Was before Ridley even became that popular as he is now, not that it's exactly hard for an awesome recurring dragon to grow on ya. ;) If Ridley was just a minor enemy in Metroid though, I'd still find him cool at the very least, but no way in hell would I see it as enough for him to be a plausible choice for Smash. Thankfully as it is though, he's as close to Metroid's Bowser (in both importance and attendance) as you can get. Ironically though, being like Bowser as far as some attacks is enough reason for some as to why he wouldn't be worth having now, but if Smash can have 2 or 3 space animals with laserz, that many plumbers, that many anime-esque swordsmen, that many princesses, etc., why can't/shouldn't it have another dragon/one more firebreather?

11. I think my reasoning's fair enough, but wouldn't deny that it's biased, because it is.. but so are fans of other potential characters/choices generally, so what's there to be ashamed of?

12. What do I think of the Ridley fans, as in other fans? It depends. Some of my brethren have said/done some pretty stupid **** that gives us a not very good reputation (both pre-Brawl and now, though the former was more severe), and unfortunately causes others to lump us all together as a fanbase. Never appreciated either how a certain number of us have been unnecessarily aggressive when defending Ridley and/or unaccepting of others' opinions. Contrary to popular belief here, being a detractor/doubter of a character you like doesn't make them scum of the earth like some here treat them as, even though some detractors have acted equally uncool far as debating Ridley. The spammy tendencies of people in this thread compared to other support threads can be very unpleasant too, especially as we get closer and closer to page 2000, but when looking past all that, the lot of you can still be pretty cool too at times.

13. If all character requests being treated equally would make things more fair for someone like Ridley (and by extension, K. Rool), then yes. I would wish for that.

14. Hell yeah.

What is the best Ridley fight according to you guys? For me, it's Meta Ridley in Prime 3, that fight is just too awesome to handle!
In no particular order, my top 3 are the fights in Super Metroid, Other M (not counting the pre-evolved adolescent form), and Meta-Ridley in the 1st Prime. Prime 3's Meta was an extremely watered down version, cool as the Lord of the Rings style fight was.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I've never played Prime games, so my top 3 would have to be Other M, Super Metroid, and Metroid 4

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
Man, school was long today!

Well, I might aswell get this off my chest before this thread closes its doors for the last time~

I can still remember back when I used to be a detractor. I never really liked the idea of playable characters like Little Mac, Pac Man, Miis, and even Rosalina. But seeing that I naturally adapt to things because of my sign, I've grown fond of all of them after a given time...all except Ridley.

I might've overexaggerated how I was when I used to be a Ridley detractor. I felt it would be wrong to downscale him, but I had the feeling other detractors were making things unnecessarily complicated. It didn't help at all that supporters were still saying he wasn't disconfirmed even though he shares the same section with the Yellow Devil, inevitably implying his disconfirmation... But that was before I looked past the face value of things.

A good and funny man by the name of Relax Alax made a video not long before the events of E3. The fact he was coming from a neutral standpoint already made me feel I should listen to the entire thing. IMO it was a good start to learn, even if it's become outdated since. I believe this has, and always will be, Alax's greatest video.

I don't remember how, but I was sent to an essay made by aldelaro5 describing Ridley's chances. The complexity, energy, and confidence he placed into that essay almost gave me the impression this man was insane! Nevertheless, Alax already planted the seed inside me, and I would spiral into a meltdown in front of Miiverse before crawling back out as a Ridley supporter....

(EDIT: just noticed the enuendo.
)

Ever since, I've felt my mind has never been this open! I've looked at the snake/mongoose rivalry between supporter and detractor, and I noticed the detractors have almost always thrown the first punch since the beginning.
"I think Ridley should be playable cuz he's cool, and is important to Metroid! ^^"
"No way, he's too big. Get your logic straight."
"Well, why not scale him down so he isn't too big? Its not like it hasn't been done before."
"Nuh-uh! It only works for some characters. Ridley would look stupid."
"That sounds alittle unfair, don't you think? :("
"No, you're just delusional, that's all. Give up that wet dream of yours, and face reality!"

And just like that, it became a bandwagon. For fifteen years, neither side has gotten anywhere. Shokio's video was to ensure Ridley fans were to be silenced, thus it turned into what is perhaps the internet's biggest flame war yet. Looking back, I feel ashamed for being part of such big bullies. I'm surprised there are still supporters from 2001 that have endured this prejudice, and even Mew2King, one of the great pioneers in Melee's competitive play, wants Ridley in! That takes alot of stubbornness and determination...more than I could ever have. Ridley is, by far, the most requested in the west, so either there is something the detractors don't get, or the large majority of America that wants him is that stupid...including Mew2King.

Because of my weak patience and determination, I've already submitted to reality that all this speculation was pointless. Nintendo may have indeed messed up their big marketing opprotunity by leaving a stage hazard like Ridley ambiguous when they perfectly had the time and power to clear up all the confusion generated. They can't possibly think Ridley would make great hype for a stage boss, when not only has he been nothing but a boss in previous games, but is actually a downgrade from his role in SSE! They've not learned their mistake from the Wii U if this is their mindset. Unless Sakurai gives us a "Sorry, I tried", I don't think I can ever forgive him for dancing around Ridley for 13 months, only to kick us in the gonadz after the false hype we've generated. People deserve to show their displeasure if this happens, and I can predict many boycotting the 3DS and Wii U versions; nobody can change that, no matter how spoiled they make them sound.

I wanna be able to see detractors as normal people again. Ever since I became a supporter, I knew I'd eventually fall to a state where something's wrong with me, and that so happens to be how I look at detractors. I know they're okay people once you look past that, but I can't seem to. I constantly feel like I gotta avoid them or prove something to them. I wanna be able to run into Shokio at Wal-Mart, and be like "Oh cool, its Shoks." and not be like "Oh ****, its the mascot of Ridley haters, Shokio! I gotta hide before he talks me down like I don't know better!" (fun fact: we both live in Dallas, so it shouldn't be too hard to run into him) Most importantly, I wanna feel free, free from fear of my opinions, and how people will judge me for them!

This takes me to what Ridley has become in these years; a symbol. Detractors may look at it as another sign of being delusional, but I bet everyone else can say otherwise. This has become like a Pinocchio scenario; Ridley is Pinocchio who wishes to become playable, while Sakurai is the blue fairy that can make it happen. Some see Ridley's inclusion as a symbol of justice, payback, equality. I see it as "never feel ashamed of who you want for Smash." With Shokio's video discouraging Ridley fans, more haters have come to beat down on fans for other characters. Smash depends on the voices of fans being heard, and those voices can't be heard if they're being silenced. If Ridley's confirmed, it should show to always make your voice heard, and do not be discouraged by another person's opinion. Disconfirmed, however...If the title "Ridley Fan" wasn't a Star of David before, it certainly will be.

I really do like the confidence this thread gives off...but it really scares me most of the time. I'm a strong believer in karma, and those with the mindset of "Ridley will be playable" scare me the most because its begging for karma to jynx them! I want everyone in this thread to have the mindset that Ridley's chances are 50/50, but you can still lean more on him likely being playable. This is going back to aldelaro5's essay, and how he sounded crazy to me at first. This thread is so cringe-worthy and off-topic, mods are dying to finally put a bullet in this thread's head! If Ridley's disconfirmed, there will never be a future Ridley thread, and we will never have a place to feel perfectly safe with talking about Ridley stuff. :(

As a safe word of advice, I want everyone to keep their karma high so that Ridley's reveal can truely be guaranteed; every good deed counts.

So now I've got these questions for you, and want you to answer them with all your seriousness; no jokes, no nothing. I want everyone to answer these.

• Has the speculation really been worth it?

• Will Ridley's inclusion be justified?

• What would the ratio be between people who will like him and hate him if he's confirmed?

• Was it unprofessional on Nintendo's part to not clear the confusion when they had the perfect opportunity to do so?

• EDIT: Do you think it would be worth showing your displeasure with Nintendo?

• Do you think him being a Wii U-exclusive stage boss is really worth complaining about?

• Should DLC be made if he's not playable after the false hype people have made of it?

• Would you forgive Sakurai for turning a blind eye towards the Ridley fanbase?

• Would you question your point of view if he isn't playable?

• What does Ridley represent in your eyes?

• Why do you want Ridley playable?

• Do you think your reason is fair/non-biased?

• EDIT: What do you think of the fans?

• EDIT: Do you wish for all character requests to be treated equally, and not be taken on face/personality value?

and lastly...

Does Smash truely deserve a playable Ridley after all these years? After fifteen years of desperation, redemption, and unfair prejudice from the detractors?
. While it has come with some cost, I think it was worth it.

.Of course. 13 years of asking for him, the most important metroid character next to Samus, all the teasing, and more: He's earned that player spot.

.Ratio: Majority will like him, some will hate him at first but come to like him, and the other minority will hate him always.
So all in all, supporters triumph.

.While it has lead to a lot of flame wars, I get it. They want to tease us first, so we get more hyped, than give him to us with the most hyped up experience possible. So yeah, it's some what understandable.

.Only if he is a boss, because then it would imply that Nintendo doesn't care for the feeling of s fanbase, and are willing to crush there hopes like that. (Which I refuse to believe) All that teasing and waiting for nothing.

.Yes because, like I said, that would mean they teased the fans and pulled at their heart strings just to crush them like that. If he really is a boss (which I doubt), then he could have properly been announced one one year ago, instead of doing it one year later just to troll the fans.

.Maybe. But I'm still confident he is in the main roster.

No, just because that would show how bias and unfair he is to fans, and instead of just deconfirming him like every other none playable character, he wanted to mess up everyone who wants Ridley just so he and the haters could get a cheap laugh out of it. But I refuse to believe Sakurai is that Kind of person.

.Well my point of view is that he is playable, so yeah i would, but only because of trying to understand why we were tricked like that.

.Metroid in general , under-represented series, deserving character who haven't got a chance yet, and characters who get hate for no real reason behind it.

.Metroid was my childhood, and naturally Ridley is part of that childhood. Not to mention, he's from a popular series that has barley any rep. in smash, and he's a main character in it. Not to mention, he would probably be the most kick butt character in the game.

.I think so. Maybe the childhood part is a bit biased, but I think most Nintendo fans in general can relate to that.

.For Ridley fans, Great community, some times stubborn, but amazing passion for what we love. Glad I became part of it.

.They should. Definitely. (Unless it's the REALLY stupid ones and jokes like Shrek and Goku and what not)

.Yes, and when he is announced (which I have a hunch will be very soon), it will be the greatest smash celebration ever.

Last edited:

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
Crtitical Mass
I beg of you
please don't post unless you absolutely must
we need atleast 50 pages to celebrate.

Zawaz132

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Zawaz132
1900? Only 100 more before the BIG finale!
But in all honesty. All the too big jokes are ridiculous and annoying. Ridley was confirmed to be barely taller than Pikachu after all. :troll:

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325

The newest Famitsu issue has profiles on all currently revealed characters, and there in mentions their origins. Not sure what it's saying, but there's clearly a picture of Ridley from his Other M fight right above the costumes.
Take it for what you want, but I don't think that deconfirms him (imo). Those pictures just show aspects of Samus's history and moveset, like they do for all of the characters. It's not over until it's official over, guys.

I don't think that means much for Ridley.

All of those Charizards are based off of something from the Pokemon games, but I don't want to name them all now because I wanted to say
(Not-So) Happy 1900 pages guys. Lets try to keep the posts down for a few more days. Stay strong. We've gone for this long, what's a little longer?

Maybe I'll come back and say what they all are in an edit once I research them.

Irarius

Smash Journeyman
Obviously fake, though i'm glad people are actually trying now.
View attachment 24603
well to be fair it could be if you say other m ridley is a boss then you can say this could be the original ridley.
from sakurai like here is other m ridley stage boss.... but yeah you wanted ridley and here you got him playable :D

edit. but i must say his model looks a bit weard <.< like yeah weardy stiff.

Last edited:

k33pth3b3at

Smash Rookie
To be completely honest, I started out wanting Ridley in ssb64 because he was a complete badass. But now I really just want him to shut the people that say he'll never be a playable character and show hope for those that have wanted him the whole time. Sort of like the threads that would go on and on of people flaming the people that wanted smash bros fol 3DS.(Man seeing it get announced and going back to those threads felt good.) Does that make me a bad person?.

Robotic Operating Buddy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Moguera24
So now I've got these questions for you, and want you to answer them with all your seriousness; no jokes, no nothing. I want everyone to answer these.

• Has the speculation really been worth it?

• Will Ridley's inclusion be justified?

• What would the ratio be between people who will like him and hate him if he's confirmed?

• Was it unprofessional on Nintendo's part to not clear the confusion when they had the perfect opportunity to do so?

• EDIT: Do you think it would be worth showing your displeasure with Nintendo?

• Do you think him being a Wii U-exclusive stage boss is really worth complaining about?

• Should DLC be made if he's not playable after the false hype people have made of it?

• Would you forgive Sakurai for turning a blind eye towards the Ridley fanbase?

• Would you question your point of view if he isn't playable?

• What does Ridley represent in your eyes?

• Why do you want Ridley playable?

• Do you think your reason is fair/non-biased?

• EDIT: What do you think of the fans?

• EDIT: Do you wish for all character requests to be treated equally, and not be taken on face/personality value?

and lastly...

Does Smash truely deserve a playable Ridley after all these years? After fifteen years of desperation, redemption, and unfair prejudice from the detractors?

God, that took too long.
1. Yes, I think the Ridley train would have died long ago without speculation.
2. Yes, he's pretty much the Bowser of Metroid and has deserved a spot since melee.
3. I don't know, there are a lot if detractors out their who like Ridley as a character, but don't think he will be in.
4. I'm 50/50 on this
5. No, whatever their decisions on the final roster may be, I will respect those decisions, who am I to complain when we have so many awesome guys in one game?
6. Not really... In fact I'm not really up for complaining about boss Ridley at all
7. I would want DLC for him, but I don't know how realistic that would be.
8. I would be upset at Sakurai, but in the end he has already sacrificed so much of his time trying to please everyone, so he would be forgiven.
9. No, I would still campaign for his inclusion.
10 and 11. I've never played a Metroid game, I first met Ridley in Brawl. I'm the type of guy who likes to research about characters I know nothing about, and that's how I found out so many people support him. So Ridley to me is just a really awesome character in both design and personality that for all rights should have been in earlier.
12. Yeah, since I never knew him until Brawl.
13. Pretty nice for the most part, their anger for most of the time seems justified considering how jerky detractors can be
14. Depends on the character but I try to be open.
15. YES:chuckle:

Bravetriforcer

Smash Ace

I know it's almost certainly fake, but by God I can only imagine this thread if this out to have been a legit leak under our noses for months.

Irarius

Smash Journeyman

I know it's almost certainly fake, but by God I can only imagine this thread if this out to have been a legit leak under our noses for months.
yeah well this seems very bad faked <.< i realy like that thing what i was seeing on the april dierekt to be playable

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
The scans with Ridley is just a screenshot of Other M
heck it even says it right above the picture.

Top Bottom