• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

majora_787

Smash Hero
The final five is really exciting and we're only... 2-3 days away probably from knowing the full roster. I'm still convinced on Ridley considering the evidence hasn't changed, but it seems like the aggressive anti-Ridleying is massively intensifying. I think they might be scared.

DarkDedede

Smash Journeyman
With or without DLC, the existence of Amiibos are a bit of a game changer, at least when it comes to character inclusion.
It's all about the marketing.

Would a Ridley Amiibo sell?

Last edited:

majora_787

Smash Hero
With or without DLC, the existence of Amiibos are a bit of a game changer, at least when it comes to character inclusion.

Would ANY amiibo sell? That's kind of a strange and specific question to ask to be totally honest. This is a new thing they're doing, and there will be amiibos of less significant or less popular characters than Ridley that they're most likely making for use in Smash at the very least.

Last edited:

Crystalline Dragon

Smash Rookie
Finally decided to make an account and post here since i have been lurking as a guest. I am in full support for Ridley even with all of the debates. I just hope that if he is in (playable form mind you), that his attacks are still true to form though new ideas are always good. From when smash was announced another Metroid rep in my eyes was need so who else other then the Space Commander Ridley. Anyway, at least I was able to jump on the Hype train before anything happened. :laugh:

Honestly, as a collector of things be it cards or games I dont see why a Ridley Amiibo would not sell. It would work in different markets not just for nintendo games. I collect dragon statues for fun and I would buy one in a heartbeat for the collection I have.

P.S. I am horrible at quoting in forums lol

Last edited:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
They confirmed that they'll be making amiibo's for every character on the roster. Needless to say, I'm buying the ridley one when it comes out. I really can't wait ^.^

Finally decided to make an account and post here since i have been lurking as a guest. I am in full support for Ridley even with all of the debates. I just hope that if he is in (playable form mind you), that his attacks are still true to form though new ideas are always good. From when smash was announced another Metroid rep in my eyes was need so who else other then the Space Commander Ridley. Anyway, at least I was able to jump on the Hype train before anything happened. :laugh:
Welcome, better late than never! Always glad to have another last minute supporter. Enjoy your stay!

(also, your avatar is epic)

Last edited:

Meta_Ridley

Smash Journeyman
Btw, it's Thursday, 1:50 AM in Japan right now. It will be the 13th as of 11 AM EST on Friday. However, I don't know what time zone the embargo took into consideration.

Even with the embargo lifted, I don't think anyone will spill all the beans immediately. Plus Ridley's fate will probably be known beforehand.

LockFelino

Smash Master
3DS FC
1719-3394-3527
They confirmed that they'll be making amiibo's for every character on the roster. Needless to say, I'm buying the ridley one when it comes out. I really can't wait ^.^

Totally getting a Megaman one if a Ridley one won't be made for reasons. Because fudge paying for a Megaman figure at about £100+. At least the Amiibo would be functional

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
If by some chance he is a stage boss, do you think his chance of being playable is still viable via DLC if confirmed? I tend to think so cause WW Toon Link and Spirit tracks are two separate entities and yet Alfonso appears on the stage when he's playable.

Another example which is overlooked is Doomsday in Injustice(I know it's a completely different game but hear me out). When a playable Ridley is placed on the stage a different incarnation (Meta/Neo Ridley) will take the originals place as a NPB.

It would also explain the size proportions on the shadow and the current lack of official info on the subject.

Last edited:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Even with the embargo lifted, I don't think anyone will spill all the beans immediately. Plus Ridley's fate will probably be known beforehand.
People keep saying this, but it hasn't happened yet. We may have to wait for the game to actually come out xD

Totally getting a Megaman one if a Ridley one won't be made for reasons. Because fudge paying for a Megaman figure at about £100+. At least the Amiibo would be functional
I'll probably get the Samus one, and if the alt costumes have them, a Roy Koopa one as well.
Robin too, maybe. Oh, there are so many good ones. Why wallet, why....

Last edited:

PeterJude

Smash Ace

It would sell a damn site better than Duck Hunt Dog, Dark Pit, Dr Mario or Wii Fit Trainer.

I don't even like Ridley or the idea of an Amiibo, but if Ridley does get one, I would be extremely tempted to get it as a bit of a reminder to this whole discussion.

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
• Has the speculation really been worth it?
Yes, I guess. I mean, without speculation we would have never discovered that Ridley is pretty small this time around, among other clues.

• Will Ridley's inclusion be justified?
Metroid needs a rep, he is a space dragon, unique playstyle, yes please.

• What would the ratio be between people who will like him and hate him if he's confirmed?
85/15, and rising. Declining. Depends on how you look at it.

• Was it unprofessional on Nintendo's part to not clear the confusion when they had the perfect opportunity to do so?
Kinda. Assuming he is a boss of course.

• EDIT: Do you think it would be worth showing your displeasure with Nintendo?
I'm not the kind of person to get really upset about things, so...I don't think I can? The internet will do that for me anyway.

• Do you think him being a Wii U-exclusive stage boss is really worth complaining about?
Only if he is a stage boss for dumb and stupid reasons, and not for good reasons.
With that I mean that I'd be okay with it if there was not enough time for him or similar issues.

• Should DLC be made if he's not playable after the false hype people have made of it?
Gimme.

• Would you forgive Sakurai for turning a blind eye towards the Ridley fanbase?
I doubt he turned a blind eye. But he can't really make everyone happy.

• Would you question your point of view if he isn't playable?
Nah.

• What does Ridley represent in your eyes?
If a large and dumb mass whines long enough about something, they will get what they want.

• Why do you want Ridley playable?
He's cool and stuff. He is a dragon, and an alien, and a captain oh my. Oh and Metroid needs repping, and Ridley reps pretty well.

• Do you think your reason is fair/non-biased?
100% bias juice. No sugar, yo.
idk lol

• EDIT: What do you think of the fans?
Exactly what I think of all other fans. A petulant and horrid mass of rabid morons that think things and say stuff. And I'm happy I'm part of this particular mass.

• EDIT: Do you wish for all character requests to be treated equally, and not be taken on face/personality value?
I'm not sure what you mean? I guess so if it is good and not bad.

and lastly...

Does Smash truely deserve a playable Ridley after all these years? After fifteen years of desperation, redemption, and unfair prejudice from the detractors?
Ah, so dumb questions DO exist!

Thelimomon

Smash Journeyman
Hello my dear Ridley friends.

I've been watching this thread for quite awhile now and I actually wanted my first post to be here, but -oh well- now it's too late...
But the second post isn't bad, I guess?

Not much time left, not much pages remain, not much to say.

We will know the truth very soon and I wanted to thank you all for the hope that you have given me.
I already had lost my hopes and dreams after the Smash Direct but then (I think it was June) I found this thread and my hopes came back!

Let's belive together until the very end!

PS: Don't worry I won't drink the water!
PPS: And now a funny Ridley-related pic (I hope it wasn't posted yet):

Last edited:

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135
If Ridley is not playable, and is a boss, I would consider him guaranteed for DLC.
Same with Mewtwo and perhaps Krool.
If Ridley didn't make it into the game as a playable character on release I don't see any chance of him being DLC. People made it very clear that they wanted him playable, and if Sakurai had any intention of making him playable at all he wouldn't have just made him a boss, I don't think anything changed between the finalisation of the roster and now that would have changed Sakurai's mind to make him playable if he wasn't, and Sakurai likes to make sure his projects are a complete package, so I highly doubt he had DLC as a backup plan for other characters.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
If Ridley didn't make it into the game as a playable character on release I don't see any chance of him being DLC. People made it very clear that they wanted him playable, and if Sakurai had any intention of making him playable at all he wouldn't have just made him a boss, I don't think anything changed between the finalisation of the roster and now that would have changed Sakurai's mind to make him playable if he wasn't, and Sakurai likes to make sure his projects are a complete package, so I highly doubt he had DLC as a backup plan for other characters.
Well, in that case.
Ridley confirmed, gaize.

Kevinhend

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kevinhend
3DS FC
1504-5780-8640
So now I've got these questions for you, and want you to answer them with all your seriousness; no jokes, no nothing. I want everyone to answer these.
Seeing as I might not be able to get another post in before we find out Ridley's fate, I figured I'd go out by answering the Ultimate Ridley Questionnaire.

That's debatable. If someone went into speculating here thinking it would get Ridley into the roster, I think they were just fooling themselves. But if you see this speculation with the intend to convince others that Ridley wasn't completely out after that one Picture of the Day and the Smash Direct, then I think it succeeded. I've seen a lot of people join in here saying they had lost hope for Ridley prior to reading some of the speculation, but that they had regained their hopes for his inclusion again. Whether they got their hopes up for nothing (Which I'm not assuming) will have to be seen. Aside from all that, speculation is a good time waster in waiting for a big game like this to be released, so in that sense.. mission accomplished.

I think it's hard to see the inclusion of a character from series that, despite not being too popular in Japan, is so important to Nintendo. (Still ranking up there as their sixth best selling series I believe) Especially when the character in the series itself is such a big part of the overall story. I realize that Ridley has never actually been the main antagonist of a Metroid game, but he just kind of always felt like it to me. Ridley is so central to the story of Metroid; from the Manga back story to stealing away the Baby Metroid (in one of, in my opinion, one of the most iconic moments in the series) to even causing Samus to have a mental breakdown at the mere sight of him in Other M. (Like the scene or not, it is one of the most memorable moments from that game) Imagining the Metroid series without Ridley is just odd to me, he's almost synonymous with the series, almost as much as Samus herself is.

• What would the ratio be between people who will like him and hate him if he's confirmed?
I'm not sure what the exact ratio would be, but I think a lot of people are overacting their hatred for his inclusion. I've even known people who were known to hate Ridley, but in the end admitted they'd be fine with his inclusion as he is the most logical next Metroid character to include in Smash. Aside from people wanting Ridley and hating on Ridley, I think I should mention the third group; the ones completely neutral to Ridley's inclusion. The reason I'm bringing them up is mainly the fact that because there's so much debate on Ridley that it goes really out of hand and starts going into completely unrelated conversations. It may not be a lot of people, but I know there's people out there who have specifically been hating Ridley a bit because the the arguing is annoying them. So I think those people would be happy if he did finally get in so people would stop arguing about it.

• Was it unprofessional on Nintendo's part to not clear the confusion when they had the perfect opportunity to do so?
If we assume they didn't confirm it because we are getting Ridley, then no. That means this was planned and not some major oversight.
If we don't get Ridley, I would at least like a reasoning as to why they didn't tell us before I start throwing the hate around. I mean, for all we know they didn't say anything to prevent an outrage within the community for not including one of the most requested characters out there. Or maybe they just didn't want to disappoint us in the middle of our hype. I agree that it would've been better if they still told us regardless of that, but at least I'd understand.

• Do you think it would be worth showing your displeasure with Nintendo?
Yes. I would not full on hate them for excluding Ridley from the playable roster, but I feel that I should let them know in their little Club Nintendo survey that I am a little bit disappointed. It may not do much, but for all we know doing small things like that may be just the things we need to do to get Ridley in Smash 5 or even as DLC in this one if he's not on the initial roster.

• Do you think him being a Wii U-exclusive stage boss is really worth complaining about?
A little bit. I mean, it's a real step down from having him playable in both versions especially when there is bosses in the 3DS version. (although Ridley on Brinstar would really mess with Metroid canon, maybe Smash Run though) Though I'll be honest and say that complaining about something like that isn't going to help much. Not being a very interesting boss, on the other hand, might be. But that all remains to be seen. (Again, I still think he's playable at this point)

• Should DLC be made if he's not playable after the false hype people have made of it?
I would say yes, that would make up for it a little bit. I mean, there's still going to be the initial disappointment over his exclusion. That all aside though, I doubt that would happen. I personally think the best thing we can hope for with DLC is getting character packs to include the cut Melee and Brawl characters into the game as they would only need to be replicated not built from the ground up.

Partially yes, partially no. Yes because I'd understand that he can't add every character and there might be others that are more important. But no because I do really think a primary antagonist like Ridley shoul've gotten in over a tertiary protagonist (if even that)/supportive character like Rosalina or a secondary villain like Bowser Jr. (I don't mind either of those characters being in the game, mind you, I just think that comparing their roles, Ridley should've had a higher priority especially with the lack of Metroid characters we've gotten so far.)

Not really, to be completely honest. I think Ridley really is the most valid pick for any Smash newcomer at this point, especially when you just consider the already included franchises. He really is a no-brainer and it really would surprise me if after four games he still wouldn't be in. Aside from adding a new Donkey Kong character, Ridley really is the most obvious next addition to any Smash roster at this point.

Ridley may never have been the main antagonist of any single Metroid game, he is kind of the overall face of the villains of the series. Yes Mother Brain is the antagonist of the original games that a lot of people remember fondly. Yes Dark Samus was the villain of a critically acclaimed trilogy of games within the Metroid games. But neither one is relevant over the course of the entire series. There isn't a whole lot in general that is. It mainly comes down to Samus, a number of her power-ups, Metroids and Ridley that are in nearly every game and thus turn into the most iconic parts of the franchise. We already have the first three covered, so why not the third? I mean I know we did have him as a boss in Brawl (twice even) but still, Smash was the potential to go even further with Ridley. Which brings me to the next question...

If you want me to be completely honest, I just want to finally be able to play as him. I love his design. I like his powers and the moves he has throughout the games. And this would be the time to finally be able to control those aspects. I mean, take Hyrule Warriors for example. Sure Zant and Ghirahim had cool boss fights in the games, but wouldn't you like to finally be able to use their cool powers yourself? Well.. now you can. I mean, before Smash we couldn't play as Bowser (outside of sports and kart racing) Ganondorf (might not be the best example because he doesn't yet really feel like Ganondorf) or King Dedede but now we can. I get that people like to have their favorite good characters in this game as playable, but how often do you get a chance to really play as the villain characters? You generally don't, because it wouldn't make sense in context. But that's the beauty of Smash, we're not in context. Anything goes, basically.
Even putting that aside, just judging Ridley as a character I really like him. He has a very fierce and brute look to him, but he's actually very cunning and intelligent. I think that makes for a really interesting character.
Aside from that I just generally look forward to taking on Ridley in an epic battle whenever I start a Metroid game. Ridley's battle alone felt like a really nice breath of fresh air in Other M which actually makes me look back on that part with more fond memories than most other parts of the game. In the other games, Ridley generally is one of the big challenges the game builds up to, you gather a large number of upgrades until you finally face off with the big space dragon himself. I do like the tricky and gimmicky boss fight Metroid has to offer, but I especially enjoy Ridley's as it feels the most like a battle of pure strength.

There is definitely some bias in there, but I feel that Ridley being a very iconic character in the Metroid franchise, thus Nintendo as a whole should be enough of a reason as to why he should be included in the first place. The other reasons just make me want him specifically even more than I want other characters

• What do you think of the fans?
Pretty much everyone in this thread is a cool person, and this thread is what I think of when I think Ridley fans in general. Of course there's always the bad apples that you find in every fan base like the ones that feel the need to bring up Ridley everywhere or yell about him being in the game for sure without a shred of evidence, but overall I enjoy being a fan of Ridley and associating myself with others than feel the same way about his inclusion in Smash Bros.

• Do you wish for all character requests to be treated equally, and not be taken on face/personality value?
Yes. As I said before when talking about Sakurai possibly turning this fan base a blind eye, I think each series should get a chance to get their important characters into Smash. I mean, I get that, for example, Mario has a lot more to choose from, but we shouldn't ignore the major villains (for example) from smaller franchise in favor of it. Yeah more people are gonna recognize Rosalina then the would Ridley from a more casual perspective but Smash shouldn't exclusively cater towards that. It never has before. If it did we would have never gotten Game & Watch or Ness or maybe even Shulk. I think that if a series is important to Nintendo and has characters to choose from then it should get a chance to include some of them. I do realize from franchises are bigger than others, but I'd personally choose to (for example) give F-Zero a villain character or other character in general before adding in upwards of an 8th Mario character. Smash should be about celebrating Nintendo history in general, you can't really accomplish that by just including characters from major franchises just because people are more likely to know them.

Does Smash truely deserve a playable Ridley after all these years? After fifteen years of desperation, redemption, and unfair prejudice from the detractors?
Absolutely. I think out of all characters that have been waiting to get in Smash, the wait for Ridley has been one of the longest so far (probably tied with the likes of King K. Rool) despite being such an obvious choice to include. I think fifteen years is quite enough to finally justify his inclusion. Being the main overall antagonist of Metroid and one of the main Nintendo villains in general should be good enough to be included into Smash when your series is lacking in characters as it is.

And now I'd like to end this (possible final) post in this thread by thanking you guys for the great times I've had and keep my hopes up high. I'm very excited to finally be able to play as Ridley next month if he finally gets confirmed. It's been a blast being here up until now.

You guys let me know whenever someone does make that Space Pirate Social Group, I'll gladly join in.
And on the off chance that Ridley isn't included in this game, I'll be there with you supporting good old Ridley for the next Smash game.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
You know on the April Smash Direct, Sakurai said that other boss characters will appear on other stages. I think he was just playing with these words because Ridley is a boss character and he will appear on other stages, just like Bowser and Ganondorf.
You all may have already said that, but I thought I would just put it up here again.
Said it 50 times including the occurence in my essay.

I got tired of, but yeah, it can be interpreted in 2 ways and both are perfectly valid, but they contradict eachother.

Like everything in the clip actually. it's how it was done that is making him quite safe for not getting deconfirmed imo. If Sakurai can't deconfirm him with how much talk it got, well, he can't NOT be in the game, we saw the tail he's in and we know, but not as what.

So, not only it was mentioned, but it was overmentioned imo.

CHUBUNATO

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CHUBUNATO
3DS FC
2277-6893-1304
1 Has the speculation really been worth it?

2 Will Ridley's inclusion be justified?

3 What would the ratio be between people who will like him and hate him if he's confirmed?

4 Was it unprofessional on Nintendo's part to not clear the confusion when they had the perfect opportunity to do so?

5 EDIT: Do you think it would be worth showing your displeasure with Nintendo?

6 Do you think him being a Wii U-exclusive stage boss is really worth complaining about?

7 Should DLC be made if he's not playable after the false hype people have made of it?

8 Would you forgive Sakurai for turning a blind eye towards the Ridley fanbase?

9 Would you question your point of view if he isn't playable?

10 What does Ridley represent in your eyes?

11 Why do you want Ridley playable?

12 Do you think your reason is fair/non-biased?

13 EDIT: What do you think of the fans?

14 EDIT: Do you wish for all character requests to be treated equally, and not be taken on face/personality value?

and lastly...

15 Does Smash truely deserve a playable Ridley after all these years? After fifteen years of desperation, redemption, and unfair prejudice from the detractors?
yeah i numbered the questions to make it easier to answer

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. I'd say about 80/20
4. If he's unplayable id say yeah but if he is i'd say no
5. No, Really all i would say is "Why the **** did yall tease him so much?" Then I'd just go back to being happy with the other characters i wanted that made it in the game (Megaman, Little Mac, Pacman)
6. After all the teasing id say yes
7. Oh hell ya
8. Yes, The guy did create my favorite nintendo series Kirby
9. Nope
10. Ridley represents the variety of villains that Nintendo has
11. To be honest i didn't care until i saw how passionate the fans was about him back when brawl was comming out. It was then i decided to look into the character more and realize how cool he would be if he was playable in smash.
12. No
13. I must say i love their passion, its the reason I'm posting in this thread as we speak.
14. Hmm i dunno
15. Yes

Last edited:

Cpt.

Smash Lord
Its been 5 long months since the direct and I just wanted to say that no matter what happens to Ridley, I will always believe he deserves a character slot in Smash. This thread has been through thick and thin with the direct and has had it's hopes crushed and resurrected more than any other support thread on the boards. We have always stood by and supported our Discord and Decimator and for that I am grateful. Let's just keep on hoping, keep on believing and keep on supporting!

Two more days guys! Happy soon to be 1900 pages! :b: <3

Last edited:

Cyberguy64

Smash Journeyman
So now I've got these questions for you, and want you to answer them with all your seriousness; no jokes, no nothing. I want everyone to answer these.

• EDIT: What do you think of the fans?

• EDIT: Do you wish for all character requests to be treated equally, and not be taken on face/personality value?

and lastly...

0. I make no promises. Jokes and nothing are just in my nature.
1. Heck yes. This is one of the most fun communities I've ever been in, and I'm sad to see it closed down in a few days, for better or worse.
2. Depends on how he's included. If he's a freaking flying pinata, then HECK NO! If he's a PC, then I think you already know the answer.
3. I wanna say 50-50 at first, with more coming to love him as time goes by. Fore example I'm still not really a fan of Lucario, but I've come to enjoy his playstyle, despite my initial misgivings about his inclusion over other, more worthy pokemon in my eyes.
4. It depends on if he's playable or not. If he's playable, then it was the most brilliant form of marketing imaginable. If he's not playable, then it was a fan mockery, intentional or no, on par with BBA Megaman in Namco vs Capcom.
5. They'll be receiving strongly worded complaints in my Club Nintendo surveys for both games, and I'll probably whine about it here and there, but I'm not gonna boycott or anything extreme like that.
6. Yes. It would be like Making Bowser, or Gannon, or Dedede, or K. Rool a stage boss instead of a PC. It's disrespectful to the character, and it's disrespectful to the franchise. (Though poor Sammy is no stranger to Nintendo dissing her games....)
7. YES. This is the only way they could fully redeem themselves after such a PR nightmare. I'd be able to forgive his absense, but I wouldn't forget it, and I wouldn't be able to trust Nintendo fully for a good long while. It'd be nowhere near Crapcom levels of disdain, (They've been crapping on their fans for years now.) but it would hurt my opinion of them greatly.
8. I.... Hmm... Megaman, likely Koopalining Costumes, Pac-Man.... But on the other hand, all these freaking, sword wielding humans.... I really can't say one way or another. You can't make everyone happy, but I do feel like Sakurai is trying to please the wrong people with this roster, and I don't know if I like him for it. (Then again, I could just be a selfish brat. :p)
9. NEVER. Ridley 100% deserves this. If a bunch of fans with too much time on their hands can make a theoretical Ridley work, there's no reason Nintendo can't.
10. He represents one of the the more fantastic sides of Nintendo, that I feel is somewhat underrepresented in this roster. He represents another villain, another Metroid Rep, another sci-fi type character, another heavyweight, and another unique playstyle. He represents a fanbase that's growing by the minute, despite constant oppression.
11. So I can make Retsupuare jokes, natch. That, and the reasons listed above.
12. Everyone has a bias. I've just got nearly 2000 pages of facts, fanart, and well thought out logical arguments and rebuttals. supporting mine. Sue me.
13. I think we're good Nintendo fans from all across the fandoms, who have been pushed to our limits by both teasing and trolling. We're rubbed raw, and I think we deserve a little leeway with our frustration. We, as far as I know for the most part, don't go around attacking detractors, unless they throw the first stone at us. Then they're the ones who attacked the kihunter's nest. They're the ones who asked for it.
14. I'm... Not sure I understand this question. Are you saying should we have characters in not based on popularity? Well, on the one hand, that would mean less Lucina and Greninja, who I don't think deserve slots, but then again, we might not have Megaman, Little Mac, or even Ridley if popularity doesn't factor at all. A balance is needed between popularity, character design, and uniqueness of playstyle. (And historical relevance.)
15. Do you even need me to answer this?

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352

The newest Famitsu issue has profiles on all currently revealed characters, and there in mentions their origins. Not sure what it's saying, but there's clearly a picture of Ridley from his Other M fight right above the costumes.

Last edited:

Zygard

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0533-4990-1418

The newest Famitsu issue has profiles on all characters, and there in mentions their origins. Not sure what it's saying, but there's clearly a picture of Ridley from his Other M fight right above the costumes.
Well, ****...

Last edited:

Cyberguy64

Smash Journeyman
That looks like it's actually from Other M. Are there any other source screenshot from character's origin games?

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
By the way, don't go nuts until we have a translation, it's very likely it doesn't even say anything about Ridley since the profile is focused on Samus.

And yes, it's a screencap from Other M itself, that's the point, it shows a picture of the character in action in their source game.

Last edited:

RoseyBetch

Smash Journeyman

The newest Famitsu issue has profiles on all characters, and there in mentions their origins. Not sure what it's saying, but there's clearly a picture of Ridley from his Other M fight right above the costumes.
Does this affect his chances in any way? I don't think it does, really.

Crystalline Dragon

Smash Rookie

That picture to me seems to be FROM Other M not in SSB4. Honestly it would affect his playablitity unless the text, when translated, says other wise.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Does this affect his chances in any way? I don't think it does, really.
Nah, it probably doesn't, chances are that Famitsu doesn't know much more than what is showcased in the magazine, I just thought it fit in this thread.

That picture to me seems to be FROM Other M not in SSB4. Honestly it would affect his playablitity unless the text, when translated, says other wise.
Yes, I know it's from Other M, I even said so twice now.

Last edited:

PeterJude

Smash Ace
By the way, don't go nuts until we have a translation, it's very likely it doesn't even say anything about Ridley since the profile is focused on Samus.

And yes, it's a screencap from Other M itself, that's the point, it shows a picture of the character in action in their source game.
My Japanese isn't the best, but I can't see Ridley directly named in that. It seems to be going on more about the game on the Wii and strangely towards the end, something about the Wii Remote.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

The newest Famitsu issue has profiles on all currently revealed characters, and there in mentions their origins. Not sure what it's saying, but there's clearly a picture of Ridley from his Other M fight right above the costumes.
Dedede's variant has Bandana Dee in his source material thingy instead if Ridley...My 2 most wanted...I think I'm on to something!

The King of Skulls

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4398-9294-7284
-Insert Feels Here-

No, and I probably will never speculate as long as I live because I have spent the past 6 months at random intervals of the day staring at a screen for information.

Yes, it will be, because people want him. You don't become the one of the top 3 characters for Smash and not be justified.

40/45/5 of "Oh yay!", "Meh.", and "WTF Sakurai you fool!"

It wasn't just unprofessional, it was downright unfriendly to the consumers.

Nah, because I'm lazy.

Not really. If he's a bad stage-boss, then yes, I will complain loudly.

I'm neutral on DLC as long as it's cheap.

I'll forgive him once Smash for 3DS is in my hands.

No, I'd question why the hell he isn't playable.

Ridley represents the 12 yeard old me who wants more dragons in everything.

Because he's a villain, potential heavy weight, and non-humanoid rolled into one?

My opinion is hella biased.

• What do you think of the fans?

His fans are cool, if not a little straw graspy or optimistic.

and lastly...

This question can be answered the same way as any question: Why the hell not?

TheWozny

Smash Ace
NNID
Woznito

Famutsu also showed Dark Pit in the background and talked about him being mysterious.. we even saw him... and he's playable.
This is actually the FIRST time we've seen Ridley, and it's not the same size, no model as the one we'll be seeing.
Had to say this before worried commoners escalate us closer to 2000.

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
My Japanese isn't the best, but I can't see Ridley directly named in that. It seems to be going on more about the game on the Wii and strangely towards the end, something about the Wii Remote.
:facepalm:
It's like someone is wiping their minds, making them forget Ridley's name. How hard is it to even just acknowledge him?

Top Bottom