• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

TempahRelapse

Smash Journeyman
Oh damn, judging from pictures of the Mewtwo thread there are already stores selling Smash, Brace yourself for an impact of meteorite proportions...

Picture in question:

Everyone that doesn't want to be spoiled, SEEK COVER!
Oh man I hope that is real.

Just wanted to pop in and say good luck to all the Ridley supporters. I wouldn't call myself an active supporter, but I do think he deserves to be in this next game of Smash.

Edit: With that copy of smash been shown, I'm going to have to search every hour on google 大乱闘スマッシュブラザーズ in the past hour option.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I'm going to make a- kind of random- question...I already did that question to a friend of mine....

What you you think that would happen if these 3 fancy Ridleys met?
View attachment 24513

hehe...I'm bored....
"Greetings, my fellow commanders! I say, lovely weather today, shall we play some golf?" "Oh that would be quite splendid!" "What a strange coincidence, I recently bought a golf course from that Italian man with the fancy stache, what was his name again?"

PeterJude

Smash Ace
Bout how long till we have the entire roster now?
Even if it is being sold, and we have one dedicated player, Ridley is potentially the last character on the roster (if in) and will take some serious time. My guess is anywhere from a 36-72 hours. I think Nintendo will beat them to the punch on release day.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Now that the site is back, let's get back to Ridley discuss-

Oh damn, judging from pictures of the Mewtwo thread there are already stores selling Smash, Brace yourself for an impact of meteorite proportions...

Picture in question:

Everyone that doesn't want to be spoiled, SEEK COVER!
O_O ...Oh.

Ohhhhh...

...it's starting.

...I'm not nervous... I'm totally not nervous.

Last edited:

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
Even if it is being sold, and we have one dedicated player, Ridley is potentially the last character on the roster (if in) and will take some serious time. My guess is anywhere from a 36-72 hours. I think Nintendo will beat them to the punch on release day.
Well, if it's in that time span, shouldn't they theoretically beat Nintendo. It all depends on how dedicated that fan is...

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I had my first dream I can remember for the last 8 years! Nintendo streamed footage and showed off some newcomers that weren't in the leak but made sense to include, but they were all blurred out, so you couldn't tell. The character that was barely blurred out at all was a purple dragon-like character with green eyes fighting Pikachu...

Also, I want Ridley to counter Pikachu very badly! Ridley never forgot that Thunder to the face, so he analyzed everything and made a moveset that obliterates Pikachu!

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
Remember there ARE dedicated 3DS-Hackers, and ramping up playtime is easy (simply leave the 3ds on while idling in stock matches), and also all characters have had at least one alternative unlocking method so far, and I guess for Ridley that'd be X matches with Samus or ZSS. So we could very well get information before official launch (oh and also, the highest amount of time you needed til now was 20 hours for Mewtwo in Melee, why would they ramp that up more than 3 fold?)

PeterJude

Smash Ace
Well, if it's in that time span, shouldn't they theoretically beat Nintendo. It all depends on how dedicated that fan is...
I'm not entirely sure when the treehouse is, but say it's about 4 days from now, so about 96 hours from now (high estimate). Then consider how much time 72 hours worth of play time is in a 96 hour stretch. That's 18 hours solid playing per day. It's doable, if it's already started, but is there anyone who's going to:

1. Have the game now
2. Have that kind of dedication
3. Actually post the information they find

If we get someone who proves they have the game and are playing in right now, then they've got a serious chance, but I still think that Nintendo are going to win it.

Angelglory

Smash Ace
NNID
Angelglory
3DS FC
2750-1110-8929
Thought this icon was fitting for the time.

Also, hey look more Ridley renders to use everywhere and in every video

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
I'm not entirely sure when the treehouse is, but say it's about 4 days from now, so about 96 hours from now (high estimate). Then consider how much time 72 hours worth of play time is in a 96 hour stretch. That's 18 hours solid playing per day. It's doable, if it's already started, but is there anyone who's going to:

1. Have the game now

If we get someone who proves they have the game and are playing in right now, then they've got a serious chance, but I still think that Nintendo are going to win it.
Or, the person who bought it early hacks the game, and just reveals Ridley through the game's data.

Zawaz132

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Zawaz132
As excited as I am for Ridley, I'd rather find out if he's in via Nintendo video. Not some leak/early release. The villager reveal was so hyped up. Ridley deserves that.

The King of Skulls

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4398-9294-7284
As excited as I am for Ridley, I'd rather find out if he's in via Nintendo video. Not some leak/early release. The villager reveal was so hyped up. Ridley deserves that.
I disagree on the pure purpose that I want Ridley revealed as soon as possible so I can stop wasting my time in this thread when I know I should be doing something but listening to discussion about fictional space dragons is more amusing.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
So, japanese SSB4 is already getting sold, even if it is too early. Looks like we'll have to wait less to reveal Ridley's fate. Im getting tired of waiting.
Kinda wish i had both 3DS game and 3DS itself right now...

Last edited:

Beanybunny

Smash Cadet
NNID
atombeany
3DS FC
2019-9824-4588
Ohhhh boy. Gonna be sticking pretty close to Crashboards Smashboards all day at work today...hope I don't miss our BIG moment! :143:

...let's just get it over with already, please. >w<

TempahRelapse

Smash Journeyman
I'm not entirely sure when the treehouse is, but say it's about 4 days from now, so about 96 hours from now (high estimate). Then consider how much time 72 hours worth of play time is in a 96 hour stretch. That's 18 hours solid playing per day.

1. Have the game now

Good point, but we are talking about the Japanese, who literally have a word for people that work so hard that they die.

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
How is that picture evidence the game is being sold? It might just be an employee putting them on the shelves. Or am I missing something?

Zygard

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0533-4990-1418
I have just one question: When do we know for sure he is not a playable character? I mean if he is not a playable charcter then there will be no ridley in the 3ds at all.
So when are we all goning to agree that he is definitely not a playable character?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
How is that picture evidence the game is being sold? It might just be an employee putting them on the shelves. Or am I missing something?
It is supposed to release on Saturday, if the games are being put on the shelves, then that means the games can be bought tommorow, wednesday, 3 days before release, that is enough time to unlock every character before release
I have just one question: When do we know for sure he is not a playable character? I mean if he is not a playable charcter then there will be no ridley in the 3ds at all.
So when are we all goning to agree that he is definitely not a playable character?
Trophy, I refuse to believe that if Ridley is a boss, there won't be a regular trophy of him on the 3ds version, and seeing as the store exists, we can find that out fairly quickly

Last edited:

PeterJude

Smash Ace
When someone who has got the lock off AllStar mode shows he's not there?

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
If the 'lock' disappears on the All Star Mode and he isn't there.

EDIT: I was beat, no shock. xD

Last edited:

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
He's not a playable character if he is not playable on the WiiU version.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
When we find a Trophy of Ridley without a playable character to go with it.

Irarius

Smash Journeyman
i was watching the snake easter egg in brawl and was asking myself what would he say to ridley?. :D

Top Bottom