• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Wiinner159

Smash Hero
NNID
Make a guess...
3DS FC
2251-6491-9042
You nor anyone will be permitted to make another Ridley speculation/support thread should this one close. When I said this was the last chance, I meant it.

One way or the other, it'll all be over soon enough.
I think he mean't that should it come to the point when this thread reaches 2000 pages and it is forced to be closed he would make the second one so we could continue our speculation (why he felt the need to make a backup thread a couple days before judgement day is beyond me, but to be honest at the rate we're going this thread will probably crash by tomorrow)

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
You nor anyone will be permitted to make another Ridley speculation/support thread should this one close. When I said this was the last chance, I meant it.

Read again, he meant when this one has to be closed because glitching at 2000 pages*, not locked by a mod for spam etc. :/

Last edited:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Charizard's just my favorite PKMN in general. Just because he's fat doesn't mean he's no good. I mean, look at classic Ridley's neck. He could stand to gain a little weight.

And then of course Roidley is on the other end of the spectrum entirely. He might be a little too addicted to hitting the gym

Modular Zeal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
tsquared
3DS FC
2750-1105-6750
I really do want Ridley in Smash, but whenever the game was first announce I bet mmy friend $10 he wouldn't. So, I'm also kind of hoping he won't be in it. lol S, yea....

Bobert

"...And His Music Was Electric"
NNID
MetallicBlur
Switch FC
SW-1415-6753-4608
Charizard's just my favorite PKMN in general. Just because he's fat doesn't mean he's no good. I mean, look at classic Ridley's neck. He could stand to gain a little weight.

And then of course Roidley is on the other end of the spectrum entirely. He might be a little too addicted to hitting the gym
Charizard is a total beast. Roidley is just too much of a muscle bound beast to be a purple skin for Charizard.

But yeah, normal Ridley could put on some weight..

Last edited:

PeterJude

Smash Ace

My favourite too, doesn't mean Charizards aren't pot bellied and short.

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest

Well, actually, it will be over if he's playable. If he isn't, then the support will be extended for the next Smash.

Cpt.

Smash Lord
Damn....a lot of people attacking Charizard for his weight...poor Charizard. Don't worry Charizard, you're still my favorite gen 1 starter.
Yeah I like Charizard too. He's the most slender of all the gen 1 starters too so I don't get the weight comments....probably cuz Ridley is anorexic looking.

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
Yeah, because they're exactly the same right?! BECAUSE THEY'RE BOTH DRAGONS RIGHT!?!

I will never understand this mentality. That's like asking people who wanted Waluigi to play as Luigi in the Waluigi colors.
Haha, except Waluigi made it as an assist trophy and Ridley didn't xD

#outb4ridleyfanboyrage

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Maybe that's why Samus is scared of Ridley in Other M. He hired Ganon as his personal trainer and got jacked. I mean dealing with dragons ain't **** for Samus, but roided out dragons is a whole different ball game.

We'll know if Ridley is in soon enough. And all these debates can stop. Either for good, or a few years. I hope he's in. He looks cool and it'd be awesome to tag team most of Nintendo's best villains together.

Not to mention he'd probably have an interesting playstyle too.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Read again, he meant when this one has to be closed because glitching at 2000 pages*, not locked by a mod for spam etc. :/
If we can't stay below 2000 pages for the next few days (unless there's a (de)confirmation) that's pretty much the same as us being locked for over spam regardless, lol. Once we hit 2000 or if we get shut down for spam, either way, no new thread unless there's a confirmation is how I think it's gonna go.

Besides, the honor of holding the Ridley thread would go to a pre brawl supporter, or someone who's been here much longer

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Well well well; looks like I'll be collecting on my bets with @ Xenorange Xenorange this Friday. :applejack:
Oh yeah, I forgot you existed! Not to be rude, but I remember you not wanting Ridley because of us, the fans. That isn't really a good reason IMO, as I love Sonic games but try my best to stay as far as possible from the fans. Also, no matter what the outcome is of Ridley, how about I see if I can get you a 5IV Heracross with Rock Blast or a 4IV Ghastly/Yamask/Litwick if you have Pokemon X/Y and are in to competetive battling. I hate Ridley debates, so see it as a peace treaty

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
Well, actually, it will be over if he's playable. If he isn't, then the support will be extended for the next Smash.
I think that's what she was implying =p

Nd no, the support will not be extended for the next smash; rather support for DLC.

Last edited:

Meta_Ridley

Smash Journeyman
No. The mods have endured this thread's crap for long enough.

They're not going to allow a thread for "Ridley for Smash 5" because that would be stupid and pointless this early. Nor will they allow another "Ridley for Smash 4" or "Ridley for DLC" if this one locks because this thread is more off-topic spam than actual Ridley discussion (if you'll look at the past 100 pages, a good bit of the posts have just been talking about how many posts we have).

Quite frankly, there's pretty much nothing of importance that could be discussed about Ridley that hasn't been discussed already.

The only thing that this thread has done in the past 100 pages (possibly even the past 1000 pages, I haven't been here that long) is foster a community of Ridley supporters. If you guys don't show some self-control, we will lose that community before the final verdict comes.

Last edited:

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
why you want us to play purple charizard?
Well I'm just wondering if you WILL if Ridley isn't in. I mean most of you want him shrunk down just so he'll fit in the game, so I figure maybe some supporters won't mind playing purple Charizard and pretending he's Ridley? Since you want the character shrunk maybe you won't care if he has a canon moveset either? I dunno just curious.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Oh yeah, I forgot you existed! Not to be rude, but I remember you not wanting Ridley because of us, the fans. That isn't really a good reason IMO, as I love Sonic games but try my best to stay as far as possible from the fans. Also, no matter what the outcome is of Ridley, how about I see if I can get you a 5IV Heracross with Rock Blast or a 4IV Ghastly/Yamask/Litwick if you have Pokemon X/Y and are in to competetive battling. I hate Ridley debates, so see it as a peace treaty
There's also someone else I had a bet with but I forgot their name (I'll find them when Iron Will comes to collect his fee) - ...as appreciative as I am of the offer; while I have both played and beaten Y (including catching Mewtwo) I only rented it and don't own either title and probably won't for some time; the next title besides Smash I'm even considering buying for my 3DS is Metal Gear: Snake Eater 3D.

And btw; it's the STRAW GRASPING fans that made me hate Ridley; not necessarily all of you.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Well I'm just wondering if you WILL if Ridley isn't in. I mean most of you want him shrunk down just so he'll fit in the game, so I figure maybe some supporters won't mind playing purple Charizard and pretending he's Ridley? Since you want the character shrunk maybe you won't care if he has a canon moveset either? I dunno just curious.
Not really, it'd just putting salt into a wound, only doing it yourself at that point
There's also someone else I had a bet with but I forgot their name (I'll find them when Iron Will comes to collect his fee) - ...as appreciative as I am of the offer; while I have both played and beaten Y (including catching Mewtwo) I only rented it and don't own either title and probably won't for some time; the next title besides Smash I'm even considering buying for my 3DS is Metal Gear: Snake Eater 3D.

And btw; it's the STRAW GRASPING fans that made me hate Ridley; not necessarily all of you.
I see, and to be honest, everyone straw grasps, even though this thread is probably guilty of doing the most, just ask Schalternate about his manly branch compared to our kiddy rocks...NOT LIKE THAT YA PERVES READING THIS!
And from what I heard, MGS 3D was a bad port, although it wouldn't suprise me if people exagerated on that seeing as Sonic Generations got a 6 because they used areas after the dreamcast games and had Sonic's friends. Play the demo just in case

Last edited:

KingBroly

Smash Lord
Now that I think about it, can't really recall a intro video of a villain character. Charizard was maybe the closest to that on Sm4sh? So even if we get a new reveal video friday, I wouldn't think it to be our big guy. I'm ridley not feeling it. ;___;
The closest so far is Villager with his demonic look.

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest

They're not going to allow a thread for "Ridley for Smash 5" because that would be stupid and pointless this early. Nor will they allow another "Ridley for Smash 4" or "Ridley for DLC" if this one locks because this thread is more off-topic spam than actual Ridley discussion (if you'll look at the past 100 pages, a good bit of the posts have just been talking about how many posts we have).

Quite frankly, there's pretty much nothing of importance that could be discussed about Ridley that hasn't been discussed already.

The only thing that this thread has done in the past 100 pages (possibly even the past 1000 pages, I haven't been here that long) is foster a community of Ridley supporters. If you guys don't show some self-control, we will lose that community before the final verdict comes.
Dude, I never once said I advocated the idea. Yes, this thread has been out of control. I was just being a smart a" about the situation. :ohwell: I know there won't be a new thread right after this if he is deconfirmed, but alot changes between Smash games. To be absolutely blunt, this thread has been more of a breeding ground of debate, and controversy amongst fans. I've been dealing with it for atleast the 5 years I've been lurking Smashboards. I hope the termination of the thread is some weight of IsmaR shoulder, and that she doesn't have to deal with it. I'm just pointing out that if he isn't playable, someone else down the road will open a new one. Its an inevitability.

Last edited:

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93

So there will be no way to show our support for purple charizard Ridley after the final verdict of the Smash 4 roster? That's ludacris! How will our voices be heard by that of Sakurai?

Will I still be able to show support for purple Mii skin for the Nintendo Mii Maker or is that out of the question?

Last edited:

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
It died out after you beat SomecallmeJohnny to an inch of his life on Brainscratch! Even though Ryan is a toobigot and stopped the Ridley discussion as soon as Ridley wasn't getting ridiculed, they make funny vids. Although Ryan is boring and a toobigot, the rest are cool
Haha, I remember that! That was a good fight indeed. "It's Storm Eagle!"

Last edited:

Retrogaminglord

Smash Cadet
Guys just wondering If anyone recalls that one leak with DR.M and Ridley. They guy stated Friday a trailer would be shown, and we have two streams coming on that day, not saying i'm 100% on it but... its a bit usually

Zygard

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0533-4990-1418
Guys just wondering If anyone recalls that one leak with DR.M and Ridley. They guy stated Friday a trailer would be shown, and we have two streams coming on that day, not saying i'm 100% on it but... its a bit usually
I don't recall that leak. Could you provide a link?

Top Bottom