• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
Characters between both versions will be the same
That's been thrown out a lot, and while that is true, as Sakurai stated it himself. He never once said all characters would be available at once. The possibility of some characters being on the WiiU version, then to be patched or cross transfered from the WiiU to 3ds is entirely possible.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Actually, a Ridley trophy without a playabley won't hurt his chances all too much, we have at least 3 confirmed trophies for WFT, and even though she is a starter, I think Sakurai might end up doing this with unlockables to make sure the player doesn't expect it! The padlock is our only thing for and against Ridley now

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
i was watching the snake easter egg in brawl and was asking myself what would he say to ridley?. :D
Snake: Sweet mother of God! Look at the size of that tail!

Colonel: This is no time for pick-up lines Snake

Actually, a Ridley trophy without a playabley won't hurt his chances all too much, we have at least 3 confirmed trophies for WFT, and even though she is a starter, I think Sakurai might end up doing this with unlockables to make sure the player doesn't expect it! The padlock is our only thing for and against Ridley now
A padlock can't hold Ridley.

Last edited:

RidleyWright

Smash Rookie
Now that I think about it, can't really recall a intro video of a villain character. Charizard was maybe the closest to that on Sm4sh? So even if we get a new reveal video friday, I wouldn't think it to be our big guy. I'm ridley not feeling it. ;___;

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
Now that I think about it, can't really recall a intro video of a villain character. Charizard was maybe the closest to that on Sm4sh? So even if we get a new reveal video friday, I wouldn't think it to be our big guy. I'm ridley not feeling it. ;___;
They'll have one last character reveal video for the infamous villains: Ridley, Mewtwo, and Ganondorf.

Last edited:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
That's been thrown out a lot, and while that is true, as Sakurai stated it himself. He never once said all characters would be available at once. The possibility of some characters being on the WiiU version, then to be patched or cross transfered from the WiiU to 3ds is entirely possible.
True. But if someone as popular as Ridley isn't in the 3DS version to start, then he was never planned in the first place, and wouldn't get patched over.

Of course, this is a moot point, because Ridley is in the 3DS version from the start =D

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Guys we are so close

Full version copies are getable at japan early

(Ps i know the picture was posted already.)

It will be a matter of time now before are ssb4 version of the brawl leak comes in

SureNsync

Smash Journeyman
I don't like this theory. It pisses me off. We waited long enough. Ridley's fate needs to be known now.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
True. But if someone as popular as Ridley isn't in the 3DS version to start, then he was never planned in the first place, and wouldn't get patched over.

Of course, this is a moot point, because Ridley is in the 3DS version from the start =D
This. Has Super King ever lied to anyone before? Has Bender ever lied at all? All who say yes are to be shot by the commander himself! He likes Futurama and only killed any parents because they keep cancelling the show every now and then

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
This. Has Super King ever lied to anyone before? Has Bender ever lied at all? All who say yes are to be shot by the commander himself! He likes Futurama and only killed any parents because they keep cancelling the show every now and then
It's not that hard. Stop cancelling the show, stop dying in pain and alone. I'm still torturing people to death over Firefly. They just don't learn.

So remember, if anyone needs moral advice, I'm here

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
By the way, never use the "Engage Ridley" code on the 3DS version on Metroid.

Doing so will make the 3DS crash, and thus you will have to turn it off and turn back on.

Proof that Ridley's awesomeness is too much for 3DS to handle :troll:

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Yeah, because they're exactly the same right?! BECAUSE THEY'RE BOTH DRAGONS RIGHT!?!

I will never understand this mentality. That's like asking people who wanted Waluigi to play as Luigi in the Waluigi colors.
They aren't complete opposites :3

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Yeah, because they're exactly the same right?! BECAUSE THEY'RE BOTH DRAGONS RIGHT!?!

I will never understand this mentality. That's like asking people who wanted Waluigi to play as Luigi in the Waluigi colors.
Let's cut Toon Link, Marth, Ike, Shulk and Lucina, they're all humans with swords so might aswell just make them Link colors.

Bobert

"...And His Music Was Electric"
NNID
MetallicBlur
Switch FC
SW-1415-6753-4608
Let's cut Toon Link, Marth, Ike, Shulk and Lucina, they're all humans with swords so might aswell just make them Link colors.
They should cut Pacman, Meta Knight and Jigglypuff and make them alts for Kirby because all of them are shaped like a ball.

What's the point of having Pacman anyway? He can eat stuff just like Kirby can so he should clearly be an alt. Kirby already has a yellow color actually. Why can't Pacman fans just settle for that?

Last edited:

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
xD Am I the only one who wants Tabuu over Ridley?
Yes. Yes you are.
Yes :3

I always thought Tabuu was cool though. But he ain't worth a Ridley.:awesome:
Tabuu= Ugly mofo with wings that can insta kill you and is the main antagonist, has epic music, etc.. Ridley= Dragon. We need dragons in smash, Charizard is a fat flying lizard
You mean that generic looking boss that didn't look like he belonged in Smash? Yeah, million times better than a classic Nintendo villain from a series that deserves more representation in Smash.
Ridley = Ridley Fans / Samus = Me xDDD

Last edited:

Cpt.

Smash Lord
Ridley is a giant space dragon which happens to be also be a space pirate. Charizard is a short, pot bellied fire breathing Pokémon. There are some slight differences there.
I like how neither of them are Dragons, but both are being compared to be similar because "both are Dragons"? Hello?

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest

Yeah, I don't understand this argument. Telling us to be satisfied with :4charizard: is like saying we should be satisfied with :4marth:instead of getting :4myfriends:, or :4link: instead of :4shulk:, or :4peach: instead of :rosalina:. Funny thing, while these characters share traits on a general level, they all play radically different from each other. Ridley can most definitely offer something to the roster. Insinuating a character is not needed just because they vaguely resemble another character is a weak argument. If were the case, then the current roster would be cut in half.

Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Don't worry I have the second thread ready to go when this one is full
You nor anyone will be permitted to make another Ridley speculation/support thread should this one close. When I said this was the last chance, I meant it.

One way or the other, it'll all be over soon enough.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Ridley = Ridley Fans / Samus = Me xDDD
What can I say? We are fierce and easily aggitated these days.
Damn....a lot of people attacking Charizard for his weight...poor Charizard. Don't worry Charizard, you're still my favorite gen 1 starter.
Bulbasaur brah!
You nor anyone will be permitted to make another Ridley speculation/support thread should this one close. When I said this was the last chance, I meant it.

One way or the other, it'll all be over soon enough.
Shame really, but I understand, and you had to put up with our BS. If it was me, I probably would have closed this thread a long time ago

Top Bottom