• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217

Xenorange

Smash Lord
It's fake but a roster shouldn't be counted out just because it's "****ty."

When Brawl's roster was leaked, people were quick to dismiss it saying.

"No Geno/Ridley/Mega Man so not believing it."
Or
"There's no way they would cut a unique character like Mewtwo."
Or my favorite
"There's no way it's only 35 characters! No way Sakurai would do this to us. R.O.B.? SERIOUSLY?"

And then look what happened.
Can you explain to me why you think that it is fake? I really wanna feel better.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

And here's all of them.
You guys need your glasses

Between wario and rosalina is bowser jr look at his head and this

Move on people ridleys still in the ball game and don't deny it i check the hankerchief its the same its just hard to tell.

However i can not find the duck hunt dog one though.

Last edited:

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
Can you explain to me why you think that it is fake? I really wanna feel better.

And:

The name here suggests its an ESRB testing 3DS. Only...

That's from the ESRB site. All of this is taken from the Neogaf thread by the way, so you can see more of this stuff there. Again, it's a very good effort and we're getting close to the game's release in Japan. I wouldn't be surprised if we got a real leak soon. However, there are a couple of details in this one that are off despite looking very good.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Sakurai knows exactly what he's doing with this PotD. If his love of pleasing fans is consistent, we'll see something very soon.
Didn't Sakurai once say that what he puts in Smash Bros sometimes confuses him?

MischF

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TrueMischF
Honestly that duck hunt dog picture doesn't even seem like the duck hunt dog to me. Reminds me more of mic key mouses dog, pluto, without the bump on his head.

Waluigi is too big

Smash Journeyman
NNID
waluigi44
So, I find a leak. I say It looks fake, and if it is real I will be extremely disappointing. having all characters I care about right now cut replaced with one that do not deserve a spot on the roster. But it is obviously fake, who cares.

Go on Ridley Thread. Everyone is losing there minds over this thing.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Also worth pointing out, how does Dedede magically change his height in the top right images? In the first he's head-height with Yoshi, in the next he's the same height as Donkey Kong.
Unless I'm misinterpreting what you mean, these images line up perfectly.

Xenorange

Smash Lord

And:

That's from the ESRB site. All of this is taken from the Neogaf thread by the way, so you can see more of this stuff there. Again, it's a very good effort and we're getting close to the game's release in Japan. I wouldn't be surprised if we got a real leak soon. However, there are a couple of details in this one that are off despite looking very good.
So it's fake but a very good fake? Thank goodness.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

That's actually... quite odd... Why the hell DO they line up so easily? It doesn't make SENSE for them to line up.

So it's fake but a very good fake? Thank goodness.
Don't rule it out from being real, you don't want to be disappointed if it is. They could've touched up the CSS slightly. Granted that's HIGHLY unlikely, but keep that in mind.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Not gonna lie. When I first came on this site and saw this I panicked. Now seeing all the weird stuff with the pics people have pointed out...Definitely fake. A really good fake though.

Dracandros

Smash Cadet

When Brawl's roster was leaked, people were quick to dismiss it saying"

Or

Or my favorite
"There's no way it's only 35 characters! No way Sakurai would do this to us. R.O.B.? SERIOUSLY?"

Tell me about it. I was amazed at the Mega Man / Ridley / Mewtwo parts myself. I guess the phrase "life is a box of chocolates" keeps on holding true.

The sad thing is, real or fake, that many fans (Ridley, Mewtwo, Shulk, DHD...) had to sweat this out on both sides because of how little information on the roster we have. This is truly awful.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
So I'm guessing we can say this fake?phew, that roster was terrible.

Last edited:

Dracandros

Smash Cadet

When Brawl's roster was leaked, people were quick to dismiss it saying"

Or

Or my favorite

Tell me about it. I was amazed at the Mega Man / Ridley / Mewtwo parts myself. I guess the phrase "life is a box of chocolates" keeps on holding true.

The sad thing is, real or fake, that many fans (Ridley, Mewtwo, Shulk, DHD...) had to sweat this out on both sides because of how little information on the roster we have. This is truly awful.

EDIT: I do remember somebody on GameFAQs saying that they were going to try to make a leak so real that nobody would be able to tell and that they were going to start right around or after E3. Just an FYI.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217

Little Mac: "Doc Louis always told me... "Life is like a Box of Chocolates.... you never know what you're gonna get."...I miss Doc Louis."

TrueBlueHero

Smash Rookie
Welcome aboard supporter. I too lurked this thread for a while till I concurred my laziness and made a profile. Sorry you joined at such an odd/hectic time with that fake leak roaming about. I assure you Ridley is usually the main focus here. enjoy your stay. unlike Miiverse or Youtube we guarantee your safety from those pesky Ridley haters/detractors.
Glad to hear it! Those darn pesky detractors always try to give me wedgies.

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135
I said before that leaks do nothing but derail the thread, and look, the threads gone multiple pages about the leak and there's barely any mention of Ridley, use the leak thread, or at least make your post somewhat relevant to Ridley. I swear it's like people aren't even trying anymore.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Mind ya'll, even if this isn't fake, that there's still some space open on that roster. Furthermore, Sakurai loves Wolf. There's no reason for the space canine to be cut.

And, of course, Ice Climbers.

Ridley1994

Smash Cadet
Well I panicked for second until I really looked at the roster. What a convincing fake, and by that I mean how glaringly obvious it was to me. Still what a scare for everyone.

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
You guys don't actually believe this do you? There are so many inconsistencies.

Game and Watch's hand is clipping through to Wario.
Human players have cpu levels.
Duck hunt dog is called Duck Hunt...that makes no sense.
ESRB don't play the games they just rate them based on documents about the game. (At least that's what I've heard)
Dr.Mario, Lucina and Dark Pit are bunched together well away from their franchise.
Yoshi is in the middle of the Mario characters when he reps his own games.
Leaker apparently knows all the characters since he claims Lucas, Wolf and Ice Climbers are cut, yet doesn't know about Mewtwo's playability.

Come on...
That last part doesn't make sense. Anyway, good luck with your Ridleyness guys!

AlexTLW

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AlexTLW
3DS FC
0688-5455-7010
Smash boards update: to celebrate the announcement of playable Ridley we updated the website so that threads can withstand double the amount of posts before smash boards becomes crash boards! we hope you enjoy this BIG update.

I wish

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
Do you know the source of these sh
I said before that leaks do nothing but derail the thread, and look, the threads gone multiple pages about the leak and there's barely any mention of Ridley, use the leak thread, or at least make your post somewhat relevant to Ridley. I swear it's like people aren't even trying anymore.
Only thing is if this is real and the final roster, then ridley gone. But fret not, there are many things wrong with it and its spaced weird, like brawls starting roster css

Xhampi

Smash Lord
Well I didn't expect that I will come back so soon now that my computer is fixed but this leak had me worried, see you Tuesday once i'm done with my driving license.

And before I forget :
Happy birthday Pyrosphere, one year now that Ridley may appear at any second =3

Playable Ridley 4 Sm4sh !

liets

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2852-9552-5494
Guys guys you did find some decent leak-disproving evidence, but there was one thing that got it for me right away:
No Cooking Mama!:troll:

Zynux

Smash Lord
I find it humorous that people are already pulling the "you're denial" card and jumping the gun. Because that worked out so well with all the other "legit" leaks in the past.

On the flip side, people are already crying it's fake because it doesn't have the character they want on it.

Everyone seems to be jumping the gun here. From what I've seen from the evidence on both sides the answer isn't as black and white as people may think. Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if this became real. But I'm going to sit back for a while before jumping into this.

---

Anyways, to keep this slightly Ridley related, I'm calling bets on nothing special for today's PoTD. Not even Metroid related.

Last edited:

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
I find it humorous that people are already pulling the "you're denial" card and jumping the gun. Because that worked out so well with all the other "legit" leaks in the past.

On the flip side, people are already crying it's fake because it doesn't have the character they want on it.

Everyone seems to be jumping the gun here, especially from what I've seen from the evidence on both sides the answer isn't as black and white as people may think. Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if this became real. But I'm going to sit back for a while before jumping into this.

---

Anyways, to keep this slightly Ridley related, I'm calling bets on nothing special for today's PoTD. Not even Metroid related.
And:

Top Bottom