• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
can someone please link me to the rumours and leaks group? thanks.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Am I the only one who noticed that the icons aren't plated with names?

30 seconds in, all icons are name-plated. Just an observation.

EDIT: Or, um, not 30 seconds. The video keeps starting at two minutes in for me. .-.

I don't think it's real
No you're not. Several people have, but it doesn't seem to matter that there's such a huge inconsistency in these "leaks" compared to the E3 demo.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Geez, people give up easily.

I've always taken leaks with a grain of salt, but I'll pretend it's true for now.

Dark Pit and Dr. Mario? Disappointing choices. Keeping Falco but cutting Wolf and Lucas? Also disappointing.

Assuming it's completely true, there's still space for unlockables.

Thermithral

Smash Journeyman
NNID
blahara
3DS FC
1375-7535-6452
Switch FC
6524 3241 3725
Interesting images. Has anyone checked to see if the stages match to PotD? Because some of them look like them, exactly, though it could just be my eyes.

Also, is Final Destination not there, or did I miss something?

Last edited:

Speculator

Smash Ace

And here's all of them.
Pff. People think THIS is real? Bowser Jr. and Doc miles away from the other Mario characters? Yoshi slap-bang in the middle of a series he doesn't belong to? That ridiculous Wario render? Ganondorf hiding in the shadows like a badly-cropped screenshot? Dark Pit and no Lucas? ROB in his NES colors? An ape could come up with a better layout than this. Bowser Jr. and DHD have some nice fake renders, but this is 2014. Artists have come a long way from shoddy Brawl fakes. I don't buy it.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
What the heck are Dr Mario, Dark Pit and Lucina doing far away from the other members of their respective franchises.

Also, why on Earth would they bring up Dr. Mario without bringing Mewtwo back (or maybe even Roy).

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
No you're not. Several people have, but it doesn't seem to matter that there's such a huge inconsistency in these "leaks" compared to the E3 demo.
Alright, I didn't see anyone mention it here (unless I scrolled over it). There is so much wrong with just that one picture. The majority of the art is reused / badly edited, no name plates, the characters aren't even grouped by series, the list goes on.

RidleyDX

Smash Ace
Worst case scenario?

Incomplete roster.
Yeah that's what iam thinking too

What the heck are Dr Mario, Dark Pit and Lucina doing far away from the other members of their respective franchises.

Also, why on Earth would they bring up Dr. Mario without bringing Mewtwo back (or maybe even Roy).
If i had to guess clones, even still doesn't make sense

Last edited:

Thermithral

Smash Journeyman
NNID
blahara
3DS FC
1375-7535-6452
Switch FC
6524 3241 3725
>No Ice Climbers

I think we're OK
Also, why cut characters like Lucas and Wolf if we're going to have Doctor f***ing Mario, King of the Clones, especially when he'd be the 7th Mario character.
I completely forgot about them. Unless they are unlockable now, for some reason.

Speculator

Smash Ace
>No Ice Climbers

I think we're OK
Also, why cut characters like Lucas and Wolf if we're going to have Doctor f***ing Mario, King of the Clones, especially when he'd be the 7th Mario character.
I didn't even notice no ICs, I just assumed that even a fake CSS maker wouldn't be that monumentally stupid.

AuraShaman

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraShaman
3DS FC
0018-0281-9044
Pff. People think THIS is real? Bowser Jr. and Doc miles away from the other Mario characters? Yoshi slap-bang in the middle of a series he doesn't belong to? That ridiculous Wario render? Ganondorf hiding in the shadows like a badly-cropped screenshot? Dark Pit and no Lucas? ROB in his NES colors? An ape could come up with a better layout than this. Bowser Jr. and DHD have some nice fake renders, but this is 2014. Artists have come a long way from shoddy Brawl fakes. I don't buy it.
I'm gonna come clean...I'm a Dark Pit supporter. :( However, he's already lost his chance in being playable because of Palutena. At least give him a Silver Bow and a different voice if he's gonna be a Pit alt again.

AlexTLW

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AlexTLW
3DS FC
0688-5455-7010
May we please focus our attention back on Ridley. leaks are neat but G&W clipping through Warios icon and the fact that no names are shown below character icons (as you guys said before) are enough evidence to say this is fake.

glaqux

Smash Cadet
A
May we please focus our attention back on Ridley. leaks are neat but G&W clipping through Warios icon and the fact that no names are shown below character icons (as you guys said before) are enough evidence to say this is fake.
Agreed!

UpsilonFox

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FLYINGDAVEno2
3DS FC
1134-7457-1617

That can be explained as Dr. Mario and Dark Pit being like Lucina, alt costumes that had different movesets to the original so at some point in development they were given their own CSS slot instead of being costumes with (slightly) different moveset to the core character.
Also the CSS placement may be to symbalise this, like the clones of Melee being around the edges of the CSS.

Last edited:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
I didn't even notice no ICs, I just assumed that even a fake CSS maker wouldn't be that monumentally stupid.
Alternately, Sakurai felt like a literal Mario clone was a more worthy addition than the Ice Climbers.

Whether it's real or fake, how could Sakurai/the leaker be so talented yet so incompetent?

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Also, what's with the layout? Why are there so many empty spaces?

Don't give up so easily guys. This isn't 2007 anymore. People are more capable of creating high quality renders like those.

Anyone remember the Palutena leak?

Last edited:

glaqux

Smash Cadet
So besides ridley smash of transforming what other final smashes could he have

TrueBlueHero

Smash Rookie
Long time lurker, first time poster, simply because everyone is getting far to worried about this then they should. Come on my fellow Space Pirates! This leak has so much wrong with it you shouldn't even bat an eyelash! For starters, our glorious leader isn't on the roster. Obviously that makes it fake by default. But as other posters have brought up, there's many other reasons that discredit it. Odd renders, Ganondorf hiding in the shadows, no Ice Climbers or name plates.

Obviously this is a ruse to shake our faith in our great purple space dragon! Do not give up hope! In the end, we shall ride forward into the sweet valley of confirmation!

Naglfarii

Smash Journeyman

they're clones, so in theory, the clones are grouped together. althought why falco wouldn't be with them I couldn't tell you.

I wouldn't exactly say yoshi being with mario characters deconfirms anything lol. I dunno, on the one hand certain things about it make me think surely this isn't real, but then the character portraits at the bottom look really ****in real

Top Bottom