• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
lol sorry guys its real

Edit: But yeah, seriously. Let's get back to discussing Ridley before the Mod army gets called in. Until Sakurai, THE MAKER OF THE GAME, states; "x character is cut" and "y character is in", I'm not taking any leaks seriously.

Last edited:

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Do you know the source of these sh
You mean of the combined image? I did that. It was really easy, since they line up. I don't know what everybody is talking about when they say it looks like Dedede changes height. I don't see it at all.

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
You mean of the combined image? I did that. It was really easy, since they line up. I don't know what everybody is talking about when they say it looks like Dedede changes height. I don't see it at all.
Sorry, I'm on my wii u, I meant ALL screenshots

MysticKnives

Smash Ace
I find it humorous that people are already pulling the "you're denial" card and jumping the gun. Because that worked out so well with all the other "legit" leaks in the past.

On the flip side, people are already crying it's fake because it doesn't have the character they want on it.

Everyone seems to be jumping the gun here. From what I've seen from the evidence on both sides the answer isn't as black and white as people may think. Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if this became real. But I'm going to sit back for a while before jumping into this.

---

Anyways, to keep this slightly Ridley related, I'm calling bets on nothing special for today's PoTD. Not even Metroid related.
If only everybody would understand that. Like you, I'm simply just curious about this leak as there's a chance it's fake or real. And like you said, it could be real, didn't the leaker say something about not unlocking everything anyway? We'll just have to wait about 3 weeks to see.

SolarKirby

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SolarKirby
For people wondering about the unfinished roster: The guy mentioned DLC of Ice Climbers, Lucas, Chorus Kids, Snake, and Wolf. I'm sorry fellow Space Pirates...But it's over.

Taco Cruise

Smash Journeyman
This is real, but the guy is not from the ESRB, that's a front purely to avoid legal troubles. That Is not to say that our Ridley isn't playable. There is the chance that this is not the full roster and that some chsracters have yet to be unlocked, like when the CSS was leaked in Brawl without Wolf. The next veteran or newcomer will immediately confirm this as real or fake. At worst we have DHD which is awesome.

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
For people wondering about the unfinished roster: The guy mentioned DLC of Ice Climbers, Lucas, Chorus Kids, Snake, and Wolf. I'm sorry fellow Space Pirates...But it's over.
ESRB doesn't play games. Sakurai would make the total game as amazing as possible, he said they had no plans, but that can chane. Why would an ESRB guy have access to dlc information?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
This is real, but the guy is not from the ESRB, that's a front purely to avoid legal troubles. That Is not to say that our Ridley isn't playable. There is the chance that this is not the full roster and that some chsracters have yet to be unlocked, like when the CSS was leaked in Brawl without Wolf. The next veteran or newcomer will immediately confirm this as real or fake. At worst we have DHD which is awesome.
No, at worst we have Dark Pit

Which is pretty dang bad

DHD would actually be a nice surprise

Last edited:

MysticKnives

Smash Ace
No Ridley plus presence of Jigglypuff = FAKE.

No other way to put it. FAKE FAKE FAKE.
So you're saying if Jiggs is in, then it's fake? That hardly seems logical. Though there are elements to this that seems fake, but same goes for the case of it being real.

hotcrumpets

Smash Journeyman
Guys please stop entertaining a fake leak, now what really has me worried is tomorrow's potd, hopefully it does not contain RIdley.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Guys...... I don't think there's any possible way this is fake.

BUT.

It's not final. See that CSS? Not organized. Not finished. That stage select? Not even.

It's got to be real. But this for sure isn't all.

It does decrease my "faith", but hey. I'm here till the end

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
So you're saying if Jiggs is in, then it's fake? That hardly seems logical. Though there are elements to this that seems fake, but same goes for the case of it being real.
The idiotic creampuff is still unconfirmed. The same idiotic creampuff was a LAST MINUTE ADDITION before. Cut until proven otherwise.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
I ask all ridley supporters or people dissatisfied with the roster to use your wallet as a means of getting sakurais attention. If they dont get a dime of our money they may change their tunes, if this true we may be able to force good characters in through DLC via boycott. Because this roster is awful and wreaks of scummy marketing tactics

SaurusHam

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1521-3410-9184
As much as I think this is fake and utterly despise this roster, duck hunt dog would actually be pretty awesome.

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
Thank you good connor for backing up my ideeeeaaaaa.
Guys...... I don't think there's any possible way this is fake.

BUT.

It's not final. See that CSS? Not organized. Not finished. That stage select? Not even.

It's got to be real. But this for sure isn't all.

It does decrease my "faith", but hey. I'm here till the end

MysticKnives

Smash Ace
The idiotic creampuff is still unconfirmed. The same idiotic creampuff was a LAST MINUTE ADDITION before. Cut until proven otherwise.
I guess that's fair. On another note: I'm sure we'll get at least one more character reveal before Japan launch. Next character to be revealed will pretty much decide if this is fact or fake. It's sink or swim time for Smash Bros.

D

Deleted member

We got a very convincing leak. And now Ridley's fate is in the Master Hand of Sakurai, who might kill our dreams on the Pyrosphere's anniversary. :cry:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
What's the final verdict on this incredibly convincing leak?
Give me a screenshot of the Newcomers with actual in-game gameplay, THEN I'll give this leak some merit. Or better yet, Sakurai himself confirms/deconfirms these characters.

Edit: Also, WHY ARE THERE 100+ PEOPLE VIEWING THIS THREAD?!

Last edited:

Naglfarii

Smash Journeyman
So I'm guessing we can say this fake?phew, that roster was terrible.
tbh I liked quite a bit about it, particularly bowser jr is a character i want, and shulk would be pretty cool. no mewtwo would be disappointing though.

ridley not being in would be zero surprise to me so I'm prepared to live with that.

Nintendicted

Smash Cadet
Some neoGAF poster mentioned that there is no gap between the 2 screens. And while that is how things are captured on 3ds, it still hs weird camera angles like it was a picture. So, fake.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
I thought you guys were above dismissing stuff because you don't like it....

Calm down. You guys paint yourself like fools making snarky comments like "already disconfirmed". We don't want outsiders looking in on the Ridley fans to paint us that way. Okay?

Refer to my comment above. It clears some stuff up.

No matter what, the next reveal confirms/denies it anyway

MysticKnives

Smash Ace
Sink or Swim time. As the plot thickens, only one thing is known: Next Revealed Character will determine everything about this leak.

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
I thought you guys were above dismissing stuff because you don't like it....

Calm down. You guys paint yourself like fools making snarky comments like "already disconfirmed". We don't want outsiders looking in on the Ridley fans to paint us that way. Okay?

Refer to my comment above. It clears some stuff up.

No matter what, the next reveal confirms/denies it anyway
Please Sakurai Ridley playable Sakurai please

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
The biggest reason I think this leak is fake (like most others) is the lack of Mii Fighters on the select screen. Then it's how some of the character portraits look. Wario, Game and Watch, Ganondorf. Jigglypuff looks derpy.

I assume all leaks are fake until official word. It doesn't matter if it's a dream roster or a "bad" roster as this leak is showing. All fake until confirmed to me.

Woah is it act like our stereotype day? We are jumping the gun real hard mostly because we don't like it (not all) it isn't guaranteed but everyone is acting very stubborn. . . Well let's hope you aren't wrong or else there will be severe disappointment.

Thermithral

Smash Journeyman
NNID
blahara
3DS FC
1375-7535-6452
Switch FC
6524 3241 3725
I just want to point out, the next reveal does not actually confirm or deny the validity of these "leaks", unless a newcomer not included in them is shown. If the next reveal Sakurai had planned was the Duck hunt dog for example( That is almost as bad as Snake), that confirms the dogs playability, but not that the "leak" is valid. Palutena is in the game, but those "leaks" of her were not confirmed because of them, the opposite, in fact.

As such, Ridley does not appear in the image, but then if it is to be taken as legitimate, I doubt that is the full roster, as the characters seem to be aligned more randomly then one would think. That and I don't see Final Destination in the character select. Can someone point out what that, bright pink stage is?

Last edited:
Top Bottom