• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
Children of Ridsreal, fret not! For there is no lucina on that css. It's probably just starters.

Speculator

Smash Ace
I'm gonna come clean...I'm a Dark Pit supporter. :( However, he's already lost his chance in being playable because of Palutena. At least give him a Silver Bow and a different voice if he's gonna be a Pit alt again.
Supporter or not, I'm sure you must realize how dumb it would be to axe characters like Lucas and Ice Climbers in lieu of what is basically a Pit pallette swap.

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
No Ridley in the roster, it might be over for you guys. :(
You Seem to have bought onto this a bit too fast

tut tut tut, You'll never conquer the forms if you buy into things this quickly,

Dracandros

Smash Cadet
So...the real pictures and information from this leaker finally came out. There might be more information and I will pass judgment in time. I will say that I am not convinced.

I take it that the Chorus Kids / Men were removed from the leak over the course of time? I don't see them anywhere.

SolarKirby

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SolarKirby
Also worth pointing out, how does Dedede magically change his height in the top right images? In the first he's head-height with Yoshi, in the next he's the same height as Donkey Kong.
Holy ****!!! Dude you are right! That is really fishy. You just made a lot of good points...I don't know how he did it...But it's looking fake all of a sudden, holy ****.

UpsilonFox

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FLYINGDAVEno2
3DS FC
1134-7457-1617
Children of Ridsreal, fret not! For there is no lucina on that css. It's probably just starters.
She is, right next to the other "alt promoted to character" clones, Dark Pit and Doctor Mario. Although if this leak is true, I am still hopeful of having a couple of secret characters not on this.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Just like Gematsu, right? There are a lot of errors, game and watch's arm clips through Wario's portait, the fact that the background colors for Dedede and Greninja don't match what we have been shown is also pretty incriminating, plus the layout is weird and character picks like Dr.Mario, Duck Hunt Dog, and Dar pit, and Dr. Mario's picture has already been used.http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120723000239/fantendo/images/0/09/Dr_Mario_by_DohIMissed.png
Its probably fake, people are just blowing it out of proportion.
Well other than logical deduction and not jumping on everything immediately, this puts a nail in the coffin of this awful roster.

Seriously, why would Dr. Mario come back yet Mewtwo wouldn't, and why would they additionally cut The Ice Climbers, Wolf, Lucas, Squirtle, Ivysaur, AND Snake=???

Why add The Duck Hunt Dog over characters with clearly more to work in, namely Ridley, K. Rool, Dixie Kong, Krystal, and Isaac=???

And why aren't the Chorus Men/Marshall on this leak=???
We have time traveled back to the dark ages where Photoshop didn't exist.
Apparently.

It also doesn't help that lots of people are freaking naive as heck when it comes to "leaks".

You guys don't actually believe this do you? There are so many inconsistencies.

Game and Watch's hand is clipping through to Wario.
Human players have cpu levels.
Duck hunt dog is called Duck Hunt...that makes no sense.
ESRB don't play the games they just rate them based on documents about the game. (At least that's what I've heard)
Dr.Mario, Lucina and Dark Pit are bunched together well away from their franchise.
Yoshi is in the middle of the Mario characters when he reps his own games.
Leaker apparently knows all the characters since he claims Lucas, Wolf and Ice Climbers are cut, yet doesn't know about Mewtwo's playability.

Come on...

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Aww, party's already over? :(
I wanted Doctor Mario playable... :drmario: :cry:

Last edited:

ddd87

Smash Journeyman
Alternately, Sakurai felt like a literal Mario clone was a more worthy addition than the Ice Climbers.

Whether it's real or fake, how could Sakurai/the leaker be so talented yet so incompetent?
Well, he did greenlight a fighting game with random tripping and completely non-functional online play.

BTW, whoever sent the pics to the ESRB decided to write "BOOBS" in the character name with numbers. Is this the famed "female designer" by any chance? :D

Last edited:

AuraShaman

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraShaman
3DS FC
0018-0281-9044
Supporter or not, I'm sure you must realize how dumb it would be to axe characters like Lucas and Ice Climbers in lieu of what is basically a Pit pallette swap.
I never understood the huge support for Lucas, but I can see why it would be disappointing to cut him out; he's a fan-favorite with Ike, right?

Also, there is NO WAY I would sacrifice Ice Climbers for Dark Pit! I wouldn't be salty about their exclusion, but you should NEVER cut a member of the Smash Family!

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
I think "Nemesis from the Past" is a pretty good one, then again, it took me about 2 minutes to think of this, so the other (more creative) members of the thread may think of something better.
"Nemesis From the Past" sounds fitting for Ridley, I think. Samus and Ridley have been fighting ever since the NES days, not to mention that Sakurai said "An enemy from Samus's past may appear at any second." :)

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
Well gang, using the superpower of teamwork and detective skills, we've figured out it was Ol' Man Joe behind this mystery and the amazingly mediocre roster was nothing more than a leak in the pipes. Let's go to the Ridleymobile for more adventures of death, space raids, and parent-murdering!

Jaden

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jadenthemerle
3DS FC
2664-2123-0479
If this roster is real, it makes absolutely zero sense to have the clones grouped with each other rather than their respective franchises. This reminds me a lot of playing Brawl. You know when you're starting off on unlocking characters and the roster takes on this awkward shape with characters all in random spots? And only when you're close to unlocking all of the characters does the roster start looking like it should and making sense. That's what this roster reminds me of. Five characters and one stage are missing. Let's not give up hope for our favorite dragon just yet.

Also, those retro stages seriously suck, but that's not important right now. Mushroomy f**king kingdom? WarioWare? Really?

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Aww, party's already over? :(
I wanted Doctor Mario playable... :drmario: :cry:
You still have Project M to play with. :D

Anyways, I think I'm done believing this leak.

Last edited:

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
ALMOST DONE.

That Ganondorf looks suspiciously like a flipped image of his Twilight Princess render.

This is fake.
His face is a bit different in the leaked Ganondorf render, but the rest of your things (mostly Dedede height) confirms it as fake. Also, if it is real, THAT GANONDORF RENDER IS ****.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
That can be explained as Dr. Mario and Dark Pit being like Lucina, alt costumes that had different movesets to the original so at some point in development they were given their own CSS slot instead of being costumes with (slightly) different moveset to the core character.
Also the CSS placement may be to symbalise this, like the clones of Melee being around the edges of the CSS.
That may be, but even in Melee the clones were directly next to each other and, thus, next to the rest of their franchises (even Ganondorf, a Falcon clone, who was above Young Link). So what's up with this arbitrary and unorthodox placement?

they're clones, so in theory, the clones are grouped together. althought why falco wouldn't be with them I couldn't tell you.

I wouldn't exactly say yoshi being with mario characters deconfirms anything lol. I dunno, on the one hand certain things about it make me think surely this isn't real, but then the character portraits at the bottom look really ****in real
The thing is, he's right in between the Mario cast and Rosalina.

Also, like I said, no matter how real something looks, it could still be fake. Remember Palutena's leak?

Compare these:

With how she actually looks in the 3DS version.

Although well made, that was still fake.

So yeah. Don't buy this one just yet.

Last edited:

Lanog20

Smash Apprentice
>No Ice Climbers

I think we're OK
Also, why cut characters like Lucas and Wolf if we're going to have Doctor f***ing Mario, King of the Clones, especially when he'd be the 7th Mario character.
Wasn't that pic taken down?
You know how Sakurai doesn't like false hype right?
Welp...

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
His face is a bit different in the leaked Ganondorf render, but the rest of your things (mostly Dedede height) confirms it as fake. Also, if it is real, THAT GANONDORF RENDER IS ****.
I've also SEEN those icons for both Dark Pit and Shulk before on past fake leaks. Now, the DHD render is quite good, but it can still be a well-done fake. Wario looks ripped straight out of the SSE.

I can't say I'm not worried with this latest batch of leaks, but I'd say more evidence points to them being fake than real. Especially because this is supposedly an ESRB member who leaked these. As I have heard, ESRB doesn't actually PLAY games.

So we've determined that this ****ty *** roster is fake?
Don't count it out, but I'd say it most likely is.

UpsilonFox

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FLYINGDAVEno2
3DS FC
1134-7457-1617
That may be, but even in Melee the clones were directly next to each other and, thus, next to the rest of their franchises (even Ganondorf, a Falcon clone, who was above Young Link). So what's up with this arbitrary and unorthodox placement?

The thing is, he's right in between the Mario cast and Rosalina.

Also, like I said, no matter how real something looks, it could still be fake. Remember Palutena's leak?

Compare these:

With how she actually looks in the 3DS version.

Although well made, that was still fake.

So yeah. Don't buy this one just yet.
I wasn't saying it was a good explanation, just a possible one.
Also I doubt this is true leak due to the Dedede height change when comparing the top right to images in this compilation to eachother.

AlexTLW

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AlexTLW
3DS FC
0688-5455-7010
Long time lurker, first time poster, simply because everyone is getting far to worried about this then they should. Come on my fellow Space Pirates! This leak has so much wrong with it you shouldn't even bat an eyelash! For starters, our glorious leader isn't on the roster. Obviously that makes it fake by default. But as other posters have brought up, there's many other reasons that discredit it. Odd renders, Ganondorf hiding in the shadows, no Ice Climbers or name plates.

Obviously this is a ruse to shake our faith in our great purple space dragon! Do not give up hope! In the end, we shall ride forward into the sweet valley of confirmation!
Welcome aboard supporter. I too lurked this thread for a while till I concurred my laziness and made a profile. Sorry you joined at such an odd/hectic time with that fake leak roaming about. I assure you Ridley is usually the main focus here. enjoy your stay. unlike Miiverse or Youtube we guarantee your safety from those pesky Ridley haters/detractors.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl

ITS SO UGLY

Also, you guys should be aware that Ridley is pretty much confirmed for Smash 4, so those are fake. I mean, Ridley is literally the most requested character in Smash history. Sakurai can't let this game be Ridley-less!

Last edited:

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
I never understood the huge support for Lucas, but I can see why it would be disappointing to cut him out; he's a fan-favorite with Ike, right?
I personally don't want Lucas cut because Smash really is the last home for Earthbound seeing how Itoi (Mother's creator) is essentially giving Mother 4's creation to whoever takes it, and no one's come yet. Us Earthbound fans have been kicked in the teeth a lot by Nintendo (intentional or not), Lucas' removal would be the biggest one since Mother 3 not getting localized. You also really get attached to Lucas, he's just such an underdog, he's extremely well developed for a character that stops talking after the first chapter and doesn't talk again until the ending.

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
So we've determined that this ****ty *** roster is fake?
It's fake but a roster shouldn't be counted out just because it's "****ty."

When Brawl's roster was leaked, people were quick to dismiss it saying"

"No Geno/Ridley/Mega Man so not believing it."

Or

"There's no way they would cut a unique character like Mewtwo."

Or my favorite

"There's no way it's only 35 characters! No way Sakurai would do this to us. R.O.B.? SERIOUSLY?"

And then look what happened.

Last edited:

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
This leak may LOOK convincing, but there are things to point out. First, why does Dr. Mario have his own slot, again? (No offense to those who like Dr. Mario, I do to). He doesn't deserve his own slot again. No Ice Climbers or Wolf. Why cut out two different characters and add two literal clones instead. There is no K. Rool and Ridley on that screen, though that could indicate that the leaker has not unlocked the rest of the characters. I'm leaning fake here for now. The models of the dog and some others kinda look good though. Let's see how this plays out. If it turns out fake, this leak may be the best one in terms of effort.

Top Bottom