• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
Sure, please! Can't hurt to be as complete as we can, right?

I think it's likely that we're gonna finally see some villains in August, at this point.
Not even 1/5 of the way through and the Wii's August lineup looks SOOOOO promising for us!

EDIT: I'm not forcing anyone to reply, but just a reminder that I can't double post, so someone needs to talk before you can get the list...

Last edited:

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
I got you the Nintendo 64 ones. A lot of "one-off" games that I don't expect to get anything. N64 was slow for August:

I guess it's time for me to go get the Gamecube! :)
Mewtwo IS the final boss of Stadium. :)

Nietona

Smash Journeyman
Not even 1/5 of the way through and the Wii's August lineup looks SOOOOO promising for us!

EDIT: I'm not forcing anyone to reply, but just a reminder that I can't double post, so someone needs to talk before you can get the list...
...Jesus Christ, you ain't kiddin'. I just looked up the list myself. This looks fantastic.

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I was under the impression that in Japan, the character reveal happened an hour before the 15th, which was a FE anniversary. Not strictly an anniversary, but about as close to one as you can get without being one.

And, Rhythm Heaven, too? Judging by that enemy in Smash Run, I won't count them out yet. So yeah, I'm hopeful for next month but not certain we're gonna see him.
Yeah it's close, so it could be. However, Sakurai hasn't given us much hint that it was the main reason behind it yet, unlike say, Tropical Freeze's American release date with Diddy.

Yeah, Rhythm Heaven's first game was on the 3rd of August, so it's also a contender. Nonetheless, I'm with you in hoping that it is Ridley if any character gets tied to an anniversary.

I (would like to) think Sakurai is smart enough to know that a Rhythm Heaven reveal of all things right before the release isn't going to build as much hype as a huge trailer showing all of the most requested characters in the world (which happen to be Ridley, Mewtwo, K. Rool, etc.).

Plus, everyone loves villains.
For Westerners, you'd definitely be right, but to be fair, from what I understand Rhythm Heaven is actually very popular in Japan. So that would be their hype character compared to Ridley, who is tied to a series that is rather niche over there.

If he was flanked by Mewtwo and King K. Rool on the other hand, then that'd be a different story as both of those have stronger Japanese presence (especially Mewtwo).

Which unrevealed veteran should Ridley be announced with? Who would fit best alongside Ridley?
Mewtwo, him alongside Ridley (and King K. Rool) would take the hype up to astronomical levels.

Last edited:

UltimateWario

Smash Master
Which unrevealed veteran should Ridley be announced with? Who would fit best alongside Ridley?
Wario.

Just because then I would have two of my favorite characters in one trailer.

If he was flanked by Mewtwo and King K. Rool on the other hand, then that'd be a different story as both of those have stronger Japanese presence (especially Mewtwo).
Nah, I know how much of a buzzkill a Ridley-only trailer would be to the East. I really only expect him as part of a Villain trailer now, and otherwise simply a secret character.

Last edited:

domokl

Smash Lord
well most of us here are predicting a villian trailer so wolf ganondorf and wario then mewtwo. also revealed alongside fellow newcomer k rool

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
ganondorf, wario, mewtwo... plenty of choices, ganondorf have the plus of potential revamped moveset and mewtwo is mewtwo, so both of them have extra hype factor enough for being in a video.

(Cap falcon also have hype factor, considering he have been elected the most popular smash character ever)

UpsilonFox

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FLYINGDAVEno2
3DS FC
1134-7457-1617
He didn't deliver the Fire Emblem characters on any anniversary, none of the Fire Emblem games came out at this date regardless of the country. F-Zero maybe, but he didn't highlight it at all compared to Brawl's or any of the release dates.
Except that Fire Emblem: Shin Monshou no Nazo Hikari to Kage no Eiyuu came out in Japan on the 15th of July 2010, so today, the day of the FE character reveals, was on the 4 year anniversary of that game.

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
AND FINALLY, the AMAZING lineup of the Wii for August! Prepare to be amazed:

(VC)
(VC)

I'm starting to see why we were expecting Ridley next month...

Last edited:

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
we're jinxing it...

but god I would love that villian trailer

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Ritalin the Lavander Space Dino is a cool guy. He fights Metroid and doesn't afraid of anything. He'll be so awesome in Super Clash Cousins. Right guys?

Also that Robin guy looks like a cool character.

MrBill0327

Smash Cadet
God i am sooooo hoping for an august villain trailer just imagine how epic it would be with ridley coming in last

Nietona

Smash Journeyman
Yeah it's close, so it could be, but Sakurai hasn't given us much hint that it was the main reason behind it yet, unlike say, Tropical Freeze's American release date with Diddy.

And yep, Rhythm Heaven's first game was on the 3rd of August, so it's also a contender. Nonetheless, I'm with you in hoping that it is Ridley if any character gets tied to an anniversary.
Yeah, that's fair enough. I can't see much else of a reason to pair the two of them with Captain Falcon, though. I'd like to hope it was anniversaries. :p

And, here's hoping Ridley over RH rep. *Raises orange juice, drinks no alcohol or water*

(VC)
(VC)

Eeeeexactly what I was getting at. Check out our sweet lineup, guys, and thank you for looking it up, Blue. c:

we're jinxing it...
I've been worried about this from the beginning. :laugh:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

(VC)
(VC)

Ok we are quite literally at the bottom of the barrel for proof for a second 2 newcomer trailer and they are king k rool and ridley. (And most likely along side with mewtwo and ganondorf and bowser and wario and meta knight and wolf.)

Last edited:

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
meta knight, wario, ganondorf, mewtwo, (maybe wolf), Ridley (and maybe krool) it would be one HELL of a trailer.

God, today's trailer was amazing, know I feel that i'm waiting for Ridley with a safety net.

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
Eeeeexactly what I was getting at. Check out our sweet lineup, guys, and thank you for looking it up, Blue. c:
Thanks for encouraging me to look it up. Now, if we can get to that villains trailer, it's something I've been wanting to talk about...

Maxilian

Smash Ace
Wow... you guys make me feel bad, everyone talking about villains character and you say K. K. Roll, Ganon and Porky but noone says Ghirahim :drsad:

O.T: I'm pretty sure that we are going to get a new villain character, most likely showing 2 veterans (Wario and Ganondorf - and maybe wolf if we get 3-) and then getting Ridley and maybe have a new character revealed at the end of the video :dr^_^:

Nietona

Smash Journeyman
Alright.

Metroid games in general released in August:

Metroid (August 6th 1986 JP, August 15th 1987 NA)
Metroid II: Return of Samus (August 26th, 1991 NA)
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption (August 27th, 2007 NA)
Metroid Prime Trilogy (August 24, 2009 NA)
Metroid: Other M (August 31st, 2010 NA)

Looks like we have a spectacular lineup, especially for the North American crowd. This is looking good, guys. Nothing set in stone or certain, but good.

Last edited:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Wow... you guys make me feel bad, everyone talking about villains character and you say K. K. Roll, Ganon and Porky but noone says Ghirahim :drsad:

O.T: I'm pretty sure that we are going to get a new villain character, most likely showing 2 veterans (Wario and Ganondorf - and maybe wolf if we get 3-) and then getting Ridley and maybe have a new character revealed at the end of the video :dr^_^:
I'm sorry man. It's just...I can't get behind oneshots.

I don't hate the guy, but it'll take more than Hyrule Warriors to convince me that Ghirahim will be as long-lasting a Zelda villain as Ganon.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Judging from that list I'll guess

Dk: K Rool
Metroid: Ridley
Mario: Wario
Zelda: Gannaondorf,Ghirahim,(both..),vaati?
F zero: Black Shadow

Any others I missed?

Tungsten

Smash Rookie
Alright.

Looks like we have a spectacular lineup, especially for the North American crowd. This is looking good, guys. Nothing set in stone or certain, but good.
Maybe if we get really lucky the direct will be for a metroid game
MADE BY RETRO.

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
Alright.

Yeah, aside from Mario, Metroid has the most games in August out of what I've posted here.

Do you see another Mario rep pushing it's way past another Metroid rep? Especially when Mario already has 5. I think Ridley is more than just "pretty likely" based on what we've gathered.

Nietona

Smash Journeyman
Maybe if we get really lucky the direct will be for a metroid game
MADE BY RETRO.
As much as I'd love that, after hearing that new Metroids were only being discussed after E3, I highly doubt it.

Yeah, aside from Mario, Metroid has the most games in August out of what I've posted here.

Do you see another Mario rep pushing it's way past another Metroid rep? Especially when Mario already has 5. I think Ridley is more than just "pretty likely" based on what we've gathered.
I think so too. It's possible another franchise could steal Ridley's spotlight, but not probable, I suppose?

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
A villains trailer with Ridley, Mewtwo, King K. Rool, Ganondorf and more would cause truly astronomical levels of hype.
Like, I cannot even conceive of that much hype.
There would be a few casualties.

Last edited:

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
I think so too. It's possible another franchise could steal Ridley's spotlight, but not probable, I suppose?
Who do you suppose that is? I can see K Rool and Mewtwo (though not technically newcomer) having equal hype to Ridley.

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
I'd say He will be revealed alongside K Rool, Mewtwo, and Ganondorf (Not tooo sure about Ghirahim, but I can sure imagine his pose on the CSS/Website)

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
A villains trailer with Ridley, Mewtwo, King K. Rool, Ganondorf and more would cause truly astronomical levels of hype.
Like, I cannot even conceive of that much hype.
There would be a few casualties.

Found this, thought this would be fitting. :) Maybe just a little bit higher.

Nietona

Smash Journeyman
Who do you suppose that is? I can see K Rool and Mewtwo (though not technically newcomer) having equal hype to Ridley.
If I had to go with one of the series for a newcomer... I'd be inclined to say probably King K. Rool. I'm not knowledgeable at all about DK, but those Kremlings tho.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
I doubt we'll get anything about the new Metroids until next E3, but we could get a simple CG trailer or something with no gameplay, just to say "Hey, New Metroid is coming".

I've been trying to write up a cool villains trailer, but I can't think of how to have them all together in one place without making some lose spotlights to others. I had an idea where Bowser was going around stealing everyone's artifacts (the Infant Metroid, DK's bananas, Wario's treasure, the Triforce) and loudly wake up Mewtwo (who would be sleeping in DK's banana cave or something), only for all the villains to come to his castle and lay the beat down on him before deciding to team up against their heroes in a comedic post-reveal video.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
OKAY GUYS I GOT SOME BIG NEWS

@ IsmaR IsmaR has given me permission to edit some of the OP with all of the evidence that we would like.

Until 5PM EST Tommorow I will be taking submissions for what is the best evidence presented on this thread.

We will finally have a centralized hub to keep all of our biggest cases in.

My first idea are @ aldelaro5 aldelaro5 essay and @ Smashoperatingbuddy123 Smashoperatingbuddy123 shadow analysis (though SOB, I recommend cleaning it up with grammar and making it look nice and presentable)

IF ANYONE has any favorite posts on these boards that they would like to see on the front for the detractors to see, please message me, or quote me here on the thread!

THANK YOU SO MUCH DUDES!

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
OKAY GUYS I GOT SOME BIG NEWS

@ IsmaR IsmaR has given me permission to edit some of the OP with all of the evidence that we would like.

Until 5PM EST Tommorow I will be taking submissions for what is the best evidence presented on this thread.

We will finally have a centralized hub to keep all of our biggest cases in.

My first idea are @ aldelaro5 aldelaro5 essay and @ Smashoperatingbuddy123 Smashoperatingbuddy123 shadow analysis (though SOB, I recommend cleaning it up with grammar and making it look nice and presentable)

IF ANYONE has any favorite posts on these boards that they would like to see on the front for the detractors to see, please message me, or quote me here on the thread!

THANK YOU SO MUCH DUDES!
Oh, mine has some weird sentences I have to be quick because I don't have that much time but I'll do my best.

Zuba Oki

Smash Apprentice
I've had the same Avatar for a while and I'm thinking of changing it anyone got and suggestions

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
I doubt we'll get anything about the new Metroids until next E3, but we could get a simple CG trailer or something with no gameplay, just to say "Hey, New Metroid is coming".

I've been trying to write up a cool villains trailer, but I can't think of how to have them all together in one place without making some lose spotlights to others. I had an idea where Bowser was going around stealing everyone's artifacts (the Infant Metroid, DK's bananas, Wario's treasure, the Triforce) and loudly wake up Mewtwo (who would be sleeping in DK's banana cave or something), only for all the villains to come to his castle and lay the beat down on him before deciding to team up against their heroes in a comedic post-reveal video.
Sounds like an amazing idea! I can see it in a trailer.

Alright guys, I'm going to get off now and go to sleep. I'll see if I can think up a good villains trailer overnight, and I'll be back with the idea tomorrow.

Top Bottom