• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

The King of Skulls

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4398-9294-7284
I'm really curious here but who else here has played every Metroid game? I own and have played every game in the series and beaten all but the original (for reasons "unknown") and I haven't gotten around to ever finishing 2 (at this point it just confuses the crap outta me cause I have no idea where I am
I have only played Super Metroid, Metroid, Hunters, and a bit of Prime 3. My desire for Playable Ridley extends from my love of draconic creatures, pirates, space pirates, and the fact he's such a cool villain.

Maxilian

Smash Ace
people were talking about how they feel the roster size will be 51 personally on my roster https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdHD4G3cTTU (hey look a shamless plug in) i have 50 with no cuts Which i always thought was the perfect amount
No cuts? (Snake, Squirtle and Ivysour?)

but yeah that's a really solid roster, but i would go with 51 characters (Zelda rep) and (these one is actually personal) Dixie instead of KK. Rool

RidleyDX

Smash Ace
August has to be our month, that would be the Coup de grâce of Smash reveals.
I see so many avatars now, the Ridley hype is real:denzel:

XLIFE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
fevariblaze
I've been trying to write up a cool villains trailer, but I can't think of how to have them all together in one place without making some lose spotlights to others. I had an idea where Bowser was going around stealing everyone's artifacts (the Infant Metroid, DK's bananas, Wario's treasure, the Triforce) and loudly wake up Mewtwo (who would be sleeping in DK's banana cave or something), only for all the villains to come to his castle and lay the beat down on him before deciding to team up against their heroes in a comedic post-reveal video.

My Villain's trailer: AKA Wario's bad day.
We see a shot of a beach with a pirate ship wrecked on the shore, Wario's bike is parked outside of it. We zoom in and see Wario sneaking around looking for gold. He finds a treasure chest and starts laughing, we hear a growl and Wario looks shocked, K. Rool *insert clever tagline here. We see gameplay for K. Rool and cut back to the cinematic.
Wario is at it again. This time trying to steal Ganon's sword while he sleeps on his throne. When he grabs it Ganon grabs his hand to take back his sword. He threatens Wario with a stance, we cut to revamped Ganon's new moveset.
Fed up Wario is riding his hog making grunts and looking angry, he pulls over to an abandoned lab to see what he finds, comes in to see Mewtwo staring at him while upside down (Greninja trailer nod), zooms out we see Mewtwo using his psychic powers to hang Wario upside down, he lets him go while he runs awkwardly. We see the new Mewtwo in action...

I just can't think of anything good for him and Ridley's confrontation lol. Anyone got any ideas?

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Welp that's too bad because I slipped and stamped it with my Permanent Ink Approval Stamp...

Ridley x Ray Man?

Might as well just accept it now, it's officially a canon ship.
Andrea's reaction if she was a fruit shogun warrior
REALLY....STOP TRYING TO GET ME MAD OR YOU TWO ARE GOING TO END LIKE THE GUY WITH THE CARNIVAL MASK...

Ezio-the-assassins-31869041-400-300.gif

I hope to finish the Assassin Ray and Ridley thing....but I think It will get more extense since I got new ideas for these....

Last edited:

The King of Skulls

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4398-9294-7284
okokok.... so guys how bout shadows
I like shadows as much as the next guy(except Formless Nightmares, the Nightmare Monsters from Don't Starve, and like any shadow based enemy...), but putting too much faith in Shadow work is unhealthy.

However, the fact thy dread serpent Gematsu was slain on this day and Chrom's brief beating with the disconfirm mallet helps Ridley more than shadows do.

cheetored20

Smash Rookie
My Villain's trailer: AKA Wario's bad day.
We see a shot of a beach with a pirate ship wrecked on the shore, Wario's bike is parked outside of it. We zoom in and see Wario sneaking around looking for gold. He finds a treasure chest and starts laughing, we hear a growl and Wario looks shocked, K. Rool *insert clever tagline here. We see gameplay for K. Rool and cut back to the cinematic.
Wario is at it again. This time trying to steal Ganon's sword while he sleeps on his throne. When he grabs it Ganon grabs his hand to take back his sword. He threatens Wario with a stance, we cut to revamped Ganon's new moveset.
Fed up Wario is riding his hog making grunts and looking angry, he pulls over to an abandoned lab to see what he finds, comes in to see Mewtwo staring at him while upside down (Greninja trailer nod), zooms out we see Mewtwo using his psychic powers to hang Wario upside down, he lets him go while he runs awkwardly. We see the new Mewtwo in action...

I just can't think of anything good for him and Ridley's confrontation lol. Anyone got any ideas?
i can ridely swoops in, grabs him and drops him from 5,000 ft

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
I like shadows as much as the next guy(except Formless Nightmares, the Nightmare Monsters from Don't Starve, and like any shadow based enemy...), but putting too much faith in Shadow work is unhealthy.

However, the fact thy dread serpent Gematsu was slain on this day and Chrom's brief beating with the disconfirm mallet helps Ridley more than shadows do.
Shadowwork does pass the time at least, as inaccurate as it is.

Last edited:

MrBill0327

Smash Cadet

*sigh* failed joke attempt

Mistermagius

Smash Cadet
Hi everyone~! ^.^
I've been reading some of these threads up here on Smashboards for a good number of weeks now, and I've finally decided to join y'all. This thread has kept most of my interest for a long while and I wanted to get in all the discussion! c: Hopefully I can feel welcome here.

You guys are so passionate for Ridley being playable in the next Smash and bring up so many good points to his inclusion that there's practically no denying it! I'm hoping I can help support you guys the best I can! /)^3^(\

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Hi everyone~! ^.^
I've been reading some of these threads up here on Smashboards for a good number of weeks now, and I've finally decided to join y'all. This thread has kept most of my interest for a long while and I wanted to get in all the discussion! c: Hopefully I can feel welcome here.

You guys are so passionate for Ridley being playable in the next Smash and bring up so many good points to his inclusion that there's practically no denying it! I'm hoping I can help support you guys the best I can! /)^3^(\
Thank you for your support and welcome to Smash Boards! I hope you enjoy your stay.

BrigadeStuart

Smash Journeyman
Hi everyone~! ^.^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Za2PJnCAkUA

MrBill0327

Smash Cadet
Is it bad that when I saw the green energy blast I was so blinded by Wanting ridley I thought it was ridley

D

Deleted member

Hi everyone~! ^.^

[Insert Obligatory "Don't Drink the Water"/Splounge Water Reference Post Here]

Although you really should drink the Splounge Water like the rest of us. :awesome:

WELCOME! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Hi everyone~! ^.^
Welcome! have a good time.

It is. Just a warning though, this thread gets flooded with Ridley Fanart by the dozens.
Speaking of which I very badly want to edit my avatar to make it a Ridley silhouette but that's a pretty big commitment you know?

majora_787

Smash Hero
I groaned because I thought it was Shulk because my friend says Shulk fires green things.

Luckily, it was no ordinary swordsman...
I was concerned it might be too. Which is sad because I should have known Excalibur shots when I saw them. xD But I didn't think it was Ridley, to say the least.

Last edited:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
I'm seriously starting to doubt whether Shulk is even in the game. There's nothing proving his existence outside of some tweets.

Ridley? Yeah, at least we KNOW he's in the game. Shulk'll be lucky to be a trophy, like Wonder Red.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I'm seriously starting to doubt whether Shulk is even in the game. There's nothing proving his existence outside of some tweets.

Ridley? Yeah, at least we KNOW he's in the game. Shulk'll be lucky to be a trophy, like Wonder Red.
Sakurai tweeted about Shulk's sword, but he also tweeted about Terraria. So I mean the only thing really is Shulk isn't impossible. But at this point not being impossible is all you need. :awesome:

UltimateWario

Smash Master
RIDLEY BRINGS THE THUNDER

"Ridley!"

"SMASH HAS MANY DELICIOUS FOES, LUCINA! BUT I AM NO ORDINARY DRAGON!"

"RIDLEY! NES RIDLEY! META RIDLEY! AND...OMEGA RIDLEY!"

"RIDLEY X! RIDLEY-2! DARK META RIDLEY!"

"Wow...you have so many Ridleys!"

"I CAN ONLY USE THEM ONCE A GAME...WHICH IS WHY I CARRY MY ROIDLEY!"

"This is no time for me to rest...I'll fight at your-OHGODMY ORGANS YOU'RE EATING ALL OF MY ORGANS AND SKIN"

Last edited:

BrigadeStuart

Smash Journeyman

"Ridley!"

"This is no time for me to rest...I'll fight at your-OHGODMY ORGANS YOU'RE EATING ALL OF MY ORGANS AND SKIN"

im dying, this is pure brilliant

Zynux

Smash Lord
I'm very surprised to see people entertaining the possibly of the "August Anniversaries" theory on possible newcomers. Yes, it is quite possible, but anniversaries and game releases has never been reliable before for character reveals, haven't they? Though with that said, it would certainly be nice and amazingly hype inducing if something like that really came to pass.

"Ridley!"

"I suppose I'll get my chance... another day" *Kraid faints*

Stay on topic guise.

Isma Is capable of dropping the lockhammer on this happy thread at any moment. I suggest the main character discussion thread.
If IsmaR has the power to lock down Ridley's own domain then Ridley obviously shows too much favoritism to IsmaR compared to other Pirates. I won't accept this! I'm taking this up to High Command! :cry:

Top Bottom