• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Ravio_Yo

Smash Apprentice
Ridley's down taunt: Ridley pulls out a Sword he stoe from the Six Sages...

...and puts it away

ultimatekoopa

Smash Ace
Do you guys remember what Sakurai said about the FD version of Gerudo Valley? He said that there were no distractions, so the question is, If Ridley is really a hazard then why aren't the holes of the pyrosphere covered to avoid him but the lava is? Sakurai basically confirmed that the lava was the hazard in that pic

ppbto

Smash Journeyman
Oh, my god. If this wasn't just edited in by Nintendo, this shows that Sakurai was, and always has been, a master troll.
I thought that it was common knowledge that Sakurai is a Master Troll.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Just got done listening to someone go on about how Ridley can't be in the game because they can't imagine Ridley clapping. Because of his personality.

Sure is a good thing we don't have a playable character who is literally a demon king from the depths of the earth whose life goal to subjugate the earth caused him to manifest in the form of his own sheer hatred in order to kill the families of the people who defeated him. And even if we DID have such a character, he definitely wouldn't clap, right? .......Right?
Badasses dont clap

gif-of-fire.gif

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Because they want to know the expert's opinions on Ridley.
puts on gentlemanly glasses and top hat

In my most humble of opinions, the shape of Ridley's wing-shadows coupled with his smoothed tail suggests a brand new model.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Hey guys, if the Spicy Curry item comes back, what funny pose would Ridley have when he eats it?
Probably something that says "Oh my god my alien healing hole is engulfed in flames of horrible searing agony and despair someone end my eternal suffering". Or something wacky and mildly comedic. Who knows.

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
Guys, I think the roster needs more Ridley. Like, a LOT more Ridley. This is what I'm thinking:
Ridsalina
Luridley
Ridlio
Ridser
Reach
Ridlink
Relda
Ganridwarf
Toon Ridlink
Ridkey Kong
Riddy Kong
King. R. Rooley
Kirdley
King Riddeeley
Meta Ridley
Waridley
Rid Climbers
Samus
Zero Suit Samus
Ridley
Fox Mc Ridley
Falco Lombridley
Rit
Ridtena
Ridleychu
Jiggidlypuff
Lucaridely
Charidzard
Greridleya
Ridth
Rike
Ridess
Ridcas
Oridar
R.I.D.L.E.Y
Mr. Rid and Ley
Captain Ridley
Yoshidley
Villager Ridley
Chibi-Ridley
Ridley man
Ridley's personal trainer
Little Ridley (A really controversial choice)

GM_3826

Smash Journeyman
Guys, I think the roster needs more Ridley. Like, a LOT more Ridley. This is what I'm thinking:
Ridsalina
Luridley
Ridlio
Ridser
Reach
Ridlink
Relda
Ganridwarf
Toon Ridlink
Ridkey Kong
Riddy Kong
King. R. Rooley
Kirdley
King Riddeeley
Meta Ridley
Waridley
Rid Climbers
Samus
Zero Suit Samus
Ridley
Fox Mc Ridley
Falco Lombridley
Rit
Ridtena
Ridleychu
Jiggidlypuff
Lucaridely
Charidzard
Greridleya
Ridth
Rike
Ridess
Ridcas
Oridar
R.I.D.L.E.Y
Mr. Rid and Ley
Captain Ridley
Yoshidley
Villager Ridley
Chibi-Ridley
Ridley man
I think I got every one on that list. (Hint: Look up the etymology of Olimar.)

FreeFallUp

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LuigiTroid20
3DS FC
3222-5636-5087
Here's a more accurate leak on the roster. (:troll:)

It has Ridley on it! Six times!
See everyone? He's not too big, the character selection screen just needed to make accommodations is all. Perfect fit.:awesome:

puts on gentlemanly glasses and top hat

In my most humble of opinions, the shape of Ridley's wing-shadows coupled with his smoothed tail suggests a brand new model.
Indeed, the opinion of such an expert much never be doubted. Yes, quite. :awesome:

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
Do you guys remember what Sakurai said about the FD version of Gerudo Valley? He said that there were no distractions, so the question is, If Ridley is really a hazard then why aren't the holes of the pyrosphere covered to avoid him but the lava is? Sakurai basically confirmed that the lava was the hazard in that pic
If the hole is still in the Final Destination version, does that not confirm that it is there by default and not scripted? Or am I missing something here?

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
If the hole is still in the Final Destination version, does that not confirm that it is there by default and not scripted? Or am I missing something here?
It is definitely there in the Final Destination version.

But for all we know, the hole might not mean anything for hazard!Ridley. He could possibly appear from below the stage like he did in Other M.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Ridsalina
Luridley
Ridlio
Ridser
Reach
Ridlink
Relda
Ganridwarf
Toon Ridlink
Ridkey Kong
Riddy Kong
King. R. Rooley
Kirdley
King Riddeeley
Meta Ridley
Waridley
Rid Climbers
Samus
Zero Suit Samus
Ridley
Fox Mc Ridley
Falco Lombridley
Rit
Ridtena
Ridleychu
Jiggidlypuff
Lucaridely
Charidzard
Greridleya
Ridth
Rike
Ridess
Ridcas
Oridar
R.I.D.L.E.Y
Mr. Rid and Ley
Captain Ridley
Yoshidley
Villager Ridley
Chibi-Ridley
Ridley man
That's my joke! *evil stare*
Wait! What is Anthony is the hazard of Pyrosphere? After all, he's the one in Other M that causes the lava hole, that would explain why it isn't open in FD version, because he never appeared so, he couldn't shoot it

Morbi

Scavenger
It is definitely there in the Final Destination version.

But for all we know, the hole might not mean anything for hazard!Ridley. He could possibly appear from below the stage like he did in Other M.
Ah, I see. I have never played Other M, I just assumed Ridley was the one that created it.

That's my joke! *evil stare*

Wait! What is Anthony is the hazard of Pyrosphere? After all, he's the one in Other M that causes the lava hole, that would explain why it isn't open in FD version, because he never appeared so, he couldn't shoot it
If you are not being sarcastic, I suppose it is possible.

majora_787

Smash Hero
And dealing with Anthony at all WAS pretty traumatizing, so it suddenly all makes sense. Anthony shows up, shoots at the characters, blasts open the lava thing on the wall, and then leaves while Vorash attacks the stage because of him.

Xhampi

Smash Lord
Samus is the one who made the lava hole thanks to a super missile.
Anthonny's job on the Pyrosphere was to throw some one-liners, trying to protect Samus and get one-shot by Ridley.

D

Deleted member

Samus is the one who made the lava hole thanks to a super missile.
Anthonny's job on the Pyrosphere was to throw some one-liners, trying to protect Samus and get one-shot by Ridley.
My bad, but the role could be passed for him, if people want to assum Ridley is going back to Pyrosphere after the fight

Top Bottom