• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
What are you guys talking about? Roidly is the epitome of manliness in the Metroid universe, even more than the likes of Anthony Higgs.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Are you legitimately saying that this render doesn't look atrociously off? Seriously, he looks like a cross between Roidley and a shark, and the artstyle doesn't even match that of the rest of the characters. It just looks outright DEPLORABLE.
That particular line was that spawned this abomination down here.

I'm sorry.

getting old.png

majora_787

Smash Hero
They can't all be winners.

Admittedly that must be one hell of a family reunion.
New headcanon. Ridley is cloned to make his own little brother Roidley who hooks up with a shark who flees the country to join forces with Cynthia in Pokemon's Sinnoh region in order to bring glory to the Ridley family name. (None of this is real, I just wanted to say something really weird. Leave me alone.)

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
That particular line was that spawned this abomination down here.

I'm sorry.

View attachment 14862
92A571_0D871C32039FC_000.gif

"That's it...I think I will stop drinking wine for a while....I'm starting to imagine absurd things..."

xD My catrín Ridley is not a drunktard, but seeing things like that wierd offspring...makes him believe he's going crazy...

Last edited:

majora_787

Smash Hero
View attachment 14876
"That's it...I think I will stop drinking wine for a while....I'm starting to imagine absurd things..."

xD My catrín Ridley is not a drunktard, but seeing things like that wierd offspring...makes him believe he's going crazy...
Oh.

I dunno, you wouldn't be surprise if YOUR younger brother came home with a baby he had with a shar-

Okay. Actually, no. Nevermind. Yeah.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'm surprised we haven't had people compare the Dark Lord to the stage yet.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Man, we sure have given Ridley an odd family with the additions of Roidley, Sharkley and Radly.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
If the hole is still in the Final Destination version, does that not confirm that it is there by default and not scripted? Or am I missing something here?
You are missing something we all are but its ok because its being kept secret.

:)

Ike is bigger than Dark Lord or whatever his name is.....

zlCfzR-VEVoehnJyWf.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
It's a perspective thing: the camera is on an angle, a close up (on Ike) and making Dark Emperor seem a different size to how it is, much like with Ridley in the Direct.

Dark Emperor's still a stage boss, it's just that it seems to move around, from the background to the foreground, during the match.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I think the Dark Emperor is just in the background. We saw footage of him and he's a lot bigger than Wii Fit Trainer.

Which raises the question: what's he doing there? Isn't he a stage boss?
They never did actually say what the Dark Emperor is. While it would make sense for it to be a stage boss along the lines of the Yellow Devil (and perhaps Ridley), it could also just be some kind of normal hazard.

Staarih

Smash Master
I don't know if it's worth noting but both the Yellow Devil and Dark Emperor (if a stage boss) seem to come on stage from the background. We've seen the Yellow Devil lurk in the back and the Dark Emperor roar in the Direct (and seen both on stage and in the background in pics). Probably means nothing special when it comes to Ridley speculation, just found it interesting.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
I don't know if it's worth noting but both the Yellow Devil and Dark Emperor (if a stage boss) seem to come on stage from the background. We've seen the Yellow Devil lurk in the back and the Dark Emperor roar in the Direct (and seen both on stage and in the background in pics). Probably means nothing special when it comes to Ridley speculation, just found it interesting.
On one hand, Ridley could simply fly through the big hole he created as his boss entrance. On the other hand, we've seen nothing that proves he is unbound by the 2D battleground, which I would expect Bossley to do.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Sometimes I think Yellow Devil is actually the only boss character in that fashion and that Sakurai is messing with everyone.
Wouldn't surprise me. It'd be kind of obnoxious if we had all these stages that would interrupt your fierce battle with someone who's kicking your ass/kicking their ass, and then suddenly you're forced to team up with them against this glorified 'stage-hazard'.

BTW, I wanted to ask you guys something. Was it the overall design of the FD Pyrosphere (the differences between that version and the original) that convinced you that something suspicious was going on? Because before then, most people doubted the possibility of a lava hazard appearing on the stage, or that there was anything special regarding those purple tubes.

D

Deleted member

Wouldn't surprise me. It'd be kind of obnoxious if we had all these stages that would interrupt your fierce battle with someone who's kicking your ***/kicking their ***, and then suddenly you're forced to team up with them against this glorified 'stage-hazard'.

BTW, I wanted to ask you guys something. Was it the overall design of the FD Pyrosphere (the differences between that version and the original) that convinced you that something suspicious was going on? Because before then, most people doubted the possibility of a lava hazard appearing on the stage, or that there was anything special regarding those purple tubes.
Yes, because as has been mentioned, there would be no need for the lava to be sealed in the stage's FD form if a lava hazard did not exist in some form (Although I still am unsure about the purpose of the purple rods).

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

This thread is going a little slow recently, come on Space Pirates! We need to reach 1000 pages before E3

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Seems like the derp-Ridley is, thankfully, a fake.

Edit: Or perhaps the entire character screen bit, after reading the gamefaqs post.
Hopefully everything on that screen is fake....and that "Ridley" looks atrocious . Sakurai wants to get impressive visuals and designs, not a nightmare fuel that makes you want to puke...

D

Deleted member

So it's not a shark and Roidley hybrid.

It's a whale and Roidley hybrid.

SomewhatMystia

Smash Lord
NNID
SomewhatMystia
3DS FC
2750-1555-1721
I would honestly be totally happy if that's what the character screen looked like. The locks make it look so much cleaner than the roster shifting and growing with every unlock.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Can't argue that it wasn't an interesting distraction for a day or so.

Top Bottom