• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Guys, I think the roster needs more Ridley. Like, a LOT more Ridley. This is what I'm thinking:
Ridsalina
Luridley
Ridlio
Ridser
Reach
Ridlink
Relda
Ganridwarf
Toon Ridlink
Ridkey Kong
Riddy Kong
King. R. Rooley
Kirdley
King Riddeeley
Meta Ridley
Waridley
Rid Climbers
Samus
Zero Suit Samus
Ridley
Fox Mc Ridley
Falco Lombridley
Rit
Ridtena
Ridleychu
Jiggidlypuff
Lucaridely
Charidzard
Greridleya
Ridth
Rike
Ridess
Ridcas
Oridar
R.I.D.L.E.Y
Mr. Rid and Ley
Captain Ridley
Yoshidley
Villager Ridley
Chibi-Ridley
Ridley man
Ridley's personal trainer
Little Ridley (A really controversial choice)
Well if you say so... let's do what would make everyone and me happy :)

PAPER RIDLEY!!! :troll::troll::troll:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
and for more ridley help.

remember the little mac jet pack part of the new items in the video.

(already pointed out)

I feel like the part inbetween both tubes are thrusters to deliver the characters to each part of the pyrosphere.

FreeFallUp

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LuigiTroid20
3DS FC
3222-5636-5087
Well if you say so... let's do what would make everyone and me happy :)

PAPER RIDLEY!!! :troll::troll::troll:
:awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome:No. We need SUPER ULTRA MEGA RIDLEY GIGA RIDLEY AWESOMEST RIDLEY!!!!!!!!!!!!:troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll:

Last edited:

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
I wanted to point that i Heavily doubt that pyroshpere hazard is actually lava, because of the layout of the stage, unlike other metroid stages with lava/acid, that have lots of diagonal terrain which could make a raising lava hazard interesting, pyrosphere is flat. meaning that either the lava have covered almost the whole stage, or havent. now if pyrosphere travel to places? maybe, but i doubt that also :c

D

Deleted member

I wanted to point that i Heavily doubt that pyroshpere hazard is actually lava, because of the layout of the stage, unlike other metroid stages with lava/acid, that have lots of diagonal terrain which could make a raising lava hazard interesting, pyrosphere is flat. meaning that either the lava have covered almost the whole stage, or havent. now if pyrosphere travel to places? maybe, but i doubt that also :c
Why then would the lava be sealed off in the FD form if it has no influence on the battlefield whatsoever (regular or FD)?

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Perhaps, however the alternative idea is that the lava will still indeed rise, but it in of itself won't be the actual hazard and will instead be something that comes out of it.

D

Deleted member

I think it works like we have seen in some screenshots, it rises just like a water geyser, I think it did that in OM, I didn't played it, so I don't really know

Question of the day: Would you like that Metroid 1 Ridley reappeared in a future Metroid game as a separate entity? And to boost the reference, name him The Riddle

majora_787

Smash Hero
The issue is, we don't know if this is the conventional rising lava hazard. We simply know that there is a hazard relevant to the lava. The entire point of FD Pyrosphere is to maintain the atmosphere of the original stage while removing anything that keeps it from being a hazard-less flat platform. The problem arrives, however, when they removed one of the biggest most prominent atmospheric components of the stage in the FD version.

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
Maybe the lava rises up to a certain point, Vorash jumps out of the lava (travels over the stage), shoots at players, and lands off screen on the other side of the platform?

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
well, i guess i should have worded it better, so instead of lava, rising lava :p i think that the lava geysers could work.
I'm thinking more like some sort of cross between Norfair and Summit from Brawl. The lava will rise and fall as per usual, only it will never actually flood the stage. You can still get damaged if you touch it of course, but it would be if you get blasted beyond the stage. As for the actual hazard, I can see it acting like the Balloon Fight fish where if you hit the lava, let's say Vorash, will jump out and try to eat you. That or Vorash will leap from the lava over the stage, and either hit or eat players before falling back into the other side.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Guys, hear me out. What if we were wrong all along? What if the lava isn't rising, but RIDLEY is risi-

Wait. No. Nononono nevermind.

Last edited:

Xhampi

Smash Lord
Plot twist : there is not a single stage hazard or boss on the Pyrosphere, it's the neutral Metroid stage that people have waited for since forever.

If only T-T !

majora_787

Smash Hero
Plot twist : there is not a single stage hazard or boss on the Pyrosphere, it's the neutral Metroid stage that people have waited for since forever.
This may be the Ridley Thread of Optimism but let's not get CRAZY here.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404

If only T-T !
The day we get a hazardless Metorid stage will also be the day we get Goku in the roster (not counting the FD version now of course). :p

Last edited:

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
"Hazardless?"
Lack of hazards, right, got it.
"Metroid?"
Yeah, I know what that is.
"Stage?"
I'm pretty sure I know exactly what those are.
But as soon as the three words get thrown together, for some reason, I just lose all comprehension skills.

ddd87

Smash Journeyman
I think the lava will rise, up to one or so meters below the main platform (somewhere near those weird lights?), so you couldnt have fall KOs.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
c: I loved the colors you used for it! They don't hurt my eyes like Roidley's original colors does...
Yeah, I imagine Smashley will be either Hybridley, Concept Artley, or some combination thereof. Whatever it is, I think it'll be pleasant and not painful to look at like Roidley.

(Geez, look at how many nicknames I can make out of Ridley. NESley, Superley, Fusionley, Zeroley, Brawley...)

Last edited:
Top Bottom