• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
He's a cool, popular and important character. That should be enough.

And even if it isn't, HE'S A PURPLE SPACE DRAGON!!

How many of those do you see everyday?
I was more or less asking why you like Ridley, not "reasons he should be accepted into the hall of Smash".

I mean, I like him because he's a purple mean guy who flies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I was more or less asking why you like Ridley, not "reasons he should be accepted into the hall of Smash".

I mean, I like him because he's a purple mean guy who flies.
I like how he's portrayed as a villain.

Bestial, bloodthirsty and vengeful. You don't see that a whole lot in Nintendo games. He's a refreshing change of pace.

Plus it's always fun to see how he makes his return in every game.

And he looks badass. Just saying.

D

Deleted member

I like him because he's a big purple space dragon thing.

That, and because he's just plain evil.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Ridley is frightening.

Also, a fun notion about Smash is mix-n-matching villains and heroes. The first Smash only really had heroes (although you can debate about DK and Mario being enemies). Now we just need to flesh out the series with the remaining villains.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I think the thing that made me begin supporting Ridley, was that I thought he looked cool in the Melee intro (my first time seeing him) and I thought he was playable BUT I WAS DISAPPOINTED TO FIND OUT THAT WAS NOT THE CASE. That started everything.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
BY THE WAY PRIME, don't you frequent Metroid Database? Do they discuss Smash 4 stuff at all.

I remember going there at one point, expecting lots of Ridley support, but instead things like "Space Pirate" and "Galactic Federation Soldier" were more popular since Ridley was too big.
Nah, I only go on the main page of MDB every now and then to catch up on any new noteworhy Metroid-related news. From what I've seen though they discuss a little Smash 4, but not that much.

And you pretty much hit the nail on the head there. Sad, but this thread alone seems to be the general consensus of the forum when it comes to Ridley in Smash Bros...

http://www.metroid-database.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2298

SHOWS WHAT KIND OF METROID FANS THEY ARE!

Dang, looks like I gotta brush up on my Metroid timeline... I unfortunately have only played the NES, SNES, Gamecube, original GameBoy, and Wii Metroid games, good to know that she had a personality in Fusion. I missed out on the other handheld Metroid games.

For some reason, I thought Other M took place a lot sooner in the timeline, but I'm sure you're right. It's just that the way she acted in the game seemed much more like a younger rookie because of the young-sounding voice and since she was still so invested in pleasing the army guys. I wish they kept Jennifer Hale as her voice actress... She's my favorite voice actress and she does badass female space warrior better than anyone else (J.Hale voiced Samus's grunts and such in the Prime series I believe, and she voiced female Shepard in Mass Effect).

As for who Ridley attacked- it's not ridiculous to deal with the weakest threat first too, so you end up with fewer enemies attacking you. In the end, it's kind of hard to say what influenced his attack decisions. Maybe he just hates bright orange and red colors.

Good to know that it's generally agreed upon that Other M's Ridley design is a mistake, though... low chance of that being his selected design for Smash.
Oh, okay.

I didn't mind Samsus's voice actress in Other M, but Hale's talent was wasted on those grunts and screams in the Prime games when she could've been voicing Samus for real herself. And yeah, you'd think M:OM would've taken place sooner in the timeline.

And yup, yup.

Note that Teen Ridley didn't know about the power of the plasma cannon until he was hit by it, then he fled. In a DBZ power level example, it's likely Samus' armor gave off a higher power level to Ridley than Anthony did.
After that, Samus was pretty much easy prey in the next encounter, what with being frozen up right in front of him and all. Even when Anthony showed up, no instinctive hunter would go after another target when dinner practically had been delivered to their doorstep. So Ridley decided to take his meal To Go, only going after Anthony when he made him drop his doggie bag. :troll:

EDIT: No but seriously, there was probably some genetic instinct within the clone about Samus. Alien genetics tend to be a huge source of confusion, so that's the best guess.
Eh, I guess so.

lol, and I agree on the last bit. Seems to make the most sense..

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Nah, I only go on the main page of MDB every now and then to catch up on any new noteworhy Metroid-related news. From what I've seen though they discuss a little Smash 4, but not that much.

And you pretty much hit the nail on the head there. Sad, but this thread alone seems to be the general consensus of the forum when it comes to Ridley in Smash Bros...

http://www.metroid-database.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2298

SHOWS WHAT KIND OF METROID FANS THEY ARE!
Re-sizing Ridley would be an insult to the character?

What?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well, I guess the people on that site aren't metroid fans

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Not only that, but that one mod/admin seemed to delete the posts of someone who disagreed with him/her in that thread.

D

Deleted member

Wow, it really says something when someone who isn't even a diehard fan of Metroid such as myself (don't even own a title) is shown to have more of a brain than the administrators of a forum full of "diehard Metroid fans" in regards to Ridley in Smash.
Some of the lesser members had the right train of thought, and then we get the dumbass admin with "NOEZ TOO BIG WOULD BE LAME IF SMALL YOU LIKE HUNTERS YOUR OPINION SUCKS DURR".

EDIT: And he deleted posts that disagreed with him? What a ****tard.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I'm a mild metroid fan. I've played through some of Metroid Fusion before getting stuck on my 3DS. I haven't seen Ridley in the game yet (If he even is in this game). The most I've seen so far of Metroid is level possibilities.

*not intended as a slap in the face*

Because there really ARE some cool ass levels in Metroid Fusion.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I wrote some very long and detailed post about why I love Ridley. Me and Ridley go back to 1994.

I have been a fan of Ridley ever since I played Super Metroid back in 1994. Ridley was so unlike any other video game villain I had seen before in my life. He was menacing and cool. I also liked how he basically won the first fight between him and Samus in Super. This was the first time I ever saw a bad guy get away and win in any medium. Ridley was unlike anything I had ever seen before in my life. The fact that Samus, a futuristic space warrior, had an enemy that looked like a something that belonged in a fantasy universe, made Ridley even cooler.

I considered Ridley to be Samus's true enemy long before he was given that distinction. When I was young, I knew who ever the final boss was in a video game, was the main villain to that game, and most people considered Mother Brain to be the main villain for the Metroid series, but to me, I thought that Ridley for some reason, was Samus's real enemy, despite having all to go by it was the fact that he stole the Metroid hatchling and was one of Mother Brain's main generals. There was also the fact that Ridley was featured on the box and cartridge art for Super Metroid that made me think that there was a lot more to Ridley.

I was such a big fan of Metroid, Samus, and Ridley that I cut out artwork of Samus and Ridley from magazines and attached the cutouts to pencils, and basically used them as toys (anything can be something to be played with with a child's imagination I suppose).

The second fight with Ridley in Super Metroid was perhaps the most epic fight I had ever experienced in a video game up until that point. After combing through Super Metroid for hours, and having spent years trying to get through the game (I was really young), I finally got to Ridley's lair (which was quite goose-bump inducing experience in it of itself, it really felt like a final area to me more than merely another area for another one of Mother Brain's underlings). Fighting Ridley proved to be a massive ordeal. No matter how hard I tried, Ridley would keep killing me. I actually had to go back and explore more of the game for more energy tanks and super missiles to be able to having a fighting chance against Ridley. When I felt I had enough, I continued to fight Ridley, but kept losing. Fighting against Ridley truly felt like an adrenaline rush, it was a fight to the finish. Unlike the other major bosses in the game, Ridley like myself, had no particular weakpoint and could be hurt by shooting him anywhere on his body. It was all a matter of who could inflict the most amount of damage on the other one in a short amount of time, it was truly an epic fight. Eventually I actually ended up killing Ridley. Expecting some sort of awesome upgrade upon defeating him, I entered the next room, only to find the broken case for the Metroid hatchling. It was there I knew, that Ridley personally hated Samus for some reason. He left a broken case there in case he was ever defeated to mentally taunt and torment Samus from beyond the grave. He was truly the best video game villain I had ever seen.

Samus and Ridley were two of my favorite video game characters ever, and I very anxiously awaited a fourth game in the Metroid series throughout the late 1990's. I constantly replayed Metroid 1, Metroid II, and Super Metroid, in anticipation that a Nintendo 64 would eventually be announced.

When my family finally got the internet in 1997, I was surprised to see that so many other people also loved Super Metroid. I discovered a Metroid fansite called the Metroid Database. Every week or so, I would check that site for any news or rumblings pertaining to a possible new Metroid game.

In late 1998, there was an entry saying something along the lines of "Samus finally makes her Nintendo 64 debut", and I was ecstatic because I thought finally a new Metroid game had been announced. However, when I clicked on the entry it talked about a fighting game and linked to an IGN story.

The IGN story talked about a fighting game featuring all of Nintendo's major heroes and amongst them Samus. (Reading the article again recently there was a lot of incorrect information, such as saying Wario, Diddy Kong, and Peach were playable characters, which goes to show video game journalism has always been shoddy).

Needless to say I was overcome with joy. Not only would Samus finally make a new major appearance on a game console, but all of my other favorite video game characters (which were mostly Nintendo) would be in as well. It was like some some sort of fantasy come true.

I anxiously awaited the release of Smash 64. Samus, Mario, Donkey Kong, Link, Yoshi, Kirby, and Pikachu all being in the same game was really amazing to see. I was even surprised and happy to see they brought in Ness (EarthBound was yet another game I liked that none of my classmates knew about). Smash Bros. seemed to be a game made just for me.

When Smash Bros. was finally released in the West, I was absolutely blown away when I actually got my hands on it. The items, the stages, the roster, everything amazed me. It very quickly became one of my favorite games for the Nintendo 64. I was even endeared with the "nonsense pick" Jigglypuff (back then, people had no idea why Jigglypuff was chosen as Pokemon's second playable character aside from perhaps Jiggly having a similar body to Kirby). The more I played, the more it became one of my favorite games ever.

One day, I was playing on the Planet Zebes stage, and I saw a figure flying in the background. It was none other than Ridley. Ridley was my favorite creature/character/thing from Metroid aside from Samus, and I could not believe that they actually included a cameo for him in Smash 64. It was after this that I started thinking about the possibility of Ridley being playable in a Smash Bros. 2, however, I doubted it would happen due to the state of the Metroid series at the time (I thought there would be more focus to giving the new characters to Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, Kirby, and DK).

I was still ecstatic that they even bothered to give Ridley a cameo in Smash Bros. However, I knew that Ridley would not happen for Smash Bros. 2 unless Metroid became a major series again and received new installments. I knew that a new Metroid game would eventually happen since so many people loved Samus in Smash 64.

The Space World 2000 tech demo for Metroid got me absolutely joyous. Despite being only a few seconds, I kept watching it over and over. I really wanted to experience the Metroid universe in beautiful glorious 3D.

When Smash Bros. 2 was finally shown in May 2001, it absolutely blew away my expectations. The graphics were a massive improvement over Smash 64 (the original Smash had poor graphics even by Nintendo 64 standards). However, the opening trailer they showed was absolutely incredible. Even to this day, I still prefer the E3 2001 unveil to the E3 2006 Smash Bros. trailer. It showed all the Nintendo characters in their various universes doing combat with their various rivals, with one especially bringing a huge grin to my face, Samus vs. Ridley!

It was from here that I thought the creators of Smash Bros. had a particular soft spot for Ridley. I thought now that Ridley had a pretty good shot at being a newcomer for Smash Bros. 2 (now with the official name of Melee).

I joined the Smash Bros. community with one of my aims being to help support Ridley for Melee. I was pretty much one of the first Ridley supporters. I was really surprised to see how much support there was for Ridley just based on his Melee trailer appearance. So many people thought Ridley's design was awesome and that he would make a great character for Melee. I thought since Prime and Fusion were in development, that they would put in Ridley to help promote the idea that the Metroid series was back now.

Half a year later, I found out that Ridley (and many of the other characters I supported for Melee) did not get in. However, I ended up greatly enjoying Melee and it became one of my favorite games of all time. I was especially taken aback when I read Ridley's Melee trophy where he was referred to as leader of the Space Pirates. This was the first time I had seen Ridley given a distinction beyond being just a major underling of Mother Brain. Between this line, and the amount of detail put into the Ridley trophy (as well as Ridley's cameo in Smash 64), I thought the developers of Smash Bros. had a soft spot Ridley, and felt the same way I did about him, that he was Samus's true arch-enemy.

I anxiously awaited the release of Metroid Prime and Metroid Fusion. I was actually quite skeptical about Metroid Prime because I thought that they were going to turn Prime into a FPS and that is was going to be mission and level-based, that it did not have the series veterans behind it, and that it was being made by an entirely new team. I was more looking forward to Fusion since I heard that was going to continue the story off of Super Metroid, while Prime was going to be a sidestory (though I remember at one point them Prime was going to take place after Super). Actually, one of the few things that gave me a lot more hope for Prime was the strong rumors about Ridley being in it. The idea of fighting Ridley in beautiful cutting edge 3D made my mouth water and gave me goosebumps.

Approaching the Fall, I was getting far more hype with Metroid Prime while my hype for Fusion was falling a bit. The screnshots I saw for Prime were the most amazing thing I ever saw in a game up until that point. Fusion ended up having its ROM dumped, and I found out from people that played the ROM dump, that Ridley did return for Fusion (I even looked at the screenshots for Ridley in it, and I was not impressed, and thought Fusion Ridley looked like a step down compared to Super's). There was also the impression that while the game was very good, it was definitely no Super Metroid.

I was really hyped for Prime. Anxiously counting down the days until release. All the perfect review scores the game was getting made the wait even more unbearable. When I finally bought Metroid Prime, I was immediately blown away by the graphics, atmosphere, and attention to the detail. However, I almost giggled like a school girl when I finally encountered Meta Ridley at the beggining of Prime. His 3D design was absolutely perfect, and it was more awesome than anything I was imagining. Samus's actions upon seeing Ridley further showed that there was something deeply personal between them.

Finally landing on Tallon IV is something I could never forget. It felt much closer to a living breathing world than anything else I had ever played up until that point. It truly felt like Super Metroid in 3D and in first person. The game just got better from there, and it ended up quickly becoming one of my favorite games of all time.

When I finally got to the end of the game, the Meta Ridley fight was really amazing. It easily became one of my favorite boss fights in any game ever. It was just so well made and done. It was a truly fitting fight for someone I felt was Samus's true nemesis.

Getting 100% in Prime 1, left me hungry for more, and I anxiously waited for Prime 2 (though I knew Ridley would most likely not show up for it). Metroid Zero Mission ended up being announced at E3 2003, which got my interest due to it being a remake of Metroid 1 (which was one of my favorite NES games). As the game got closer to release, the details of Ridley's importance role in it, got me more hyped for it. I wanted to see more of the Samus/Ridley rivalry.

I ended up really liking Zero Mission (its probably my third favorite Metroid), and I really liked the design for Ridley in it. It also cemented the fact that Ridley was the leader of the Space Pirates.

Soon after Zero Mission's release, I learned of the Metroid manga, and that Ridley was the one personally responsible for Samus being orphaned and raised by the Chozo (I already knew Space Pirates were behind Samus being orphaned and raised by Chozo back in the 1990's through the Nintendo Power Super Metroid comic, though looking at the Super comic again recently, it appears Ridley was involved in the attack there too). Ridley was truly Samus's arch-nemesis.

Ridley was my number one most wanted character for Smash Bros. 3 (though there were several other characters I wanted a lot such as Wario, Pit, Meta Knight, King Dedede, Diddy Kong, and Olimar). I was really excited and happy to see that so many people wanted Ridley too for Smash 3, and that even was even in the Top 5 at almost every site. I was really looking forward to a Smash 3 unveil because I knew that at least a few of the characters I wanted would be among the first newcomers unveiled, and that Ridley stood a good chance of being one of them.

When Smash Bros. 3 was finally unveiled, I was really ecstatic. I was really happy about Wario, Meta Knight, and Pit being confirmed (they were among my most wanted newcomers for Smash 3), though I was upset that they put in Zero Suit Samus over Ridley. I thought Zero Suit Samus was just there to give Smash Bros. sex appeal, and that Ridley far more deserved the second Metroid spot than ZSS did. I also did not like the idea of Snake getting in since he seemed so out of place in Smash Bros. and also being more an icon for the PlayStation brand than having anything to do with Nintendo.

As with Smash 64 and Brawl, I had a ton of hype for Brawl, and like with Melee, Ridley was still my most wanted newcomer (though I also really wanted Sonic, Diddy Kong, King Dedede, Olimar, and Mega Man). I thought there was nothing stopping Ridley's inclusion, as as far as I could see, he was basically in the Top 5 most wanted characters for Brawl, and in many cases he was the most wanted newcomer next to Sonic.

When Brawl was released, it turned out that nearly every character on my wishlist got in except for the character I wanted most, RIDLEY! I was also disappointed with Mewtwo and Roy being cut.

If it were not for Ridley's abscence in Brawl as a playable character, I probably would not be following and speculating for Smash 4. The only other true newcomer that I have a great desire to see added this time is Mega Man. I would also really like to see Mewtwo and Roy return as well.

I am closing in on nearly 20 years since I have become a fan of Ridley, nearly 15 years since I first started thinking about him as a playable character for Smash Bros., and 12 years since he became my most wanted newcomer for the Smash Bros. series.

It was the addition of Samus that enticed to the Smash Bros. franchise, and will finally be the addition of Ridley that will mark my contentment with the roster of it.

Regardless of whether Ridley is added to Smash 4 or not, this will be the last Smash Bros. game I will be following and buying.

Its really exciting for me since I may be just a few months away from Ridley finally being confirmed as a playable character within Smash Bros.

bobadz

Smash Ace
Wow, it really says something when someone who isn't even a diehard fan of Metroid such as myself (don't even own a title) is shown to have more of a brain than the administrators of a forum full of "diehard Metroid fans" in regards to Ridley in Smash.
Some of the lesser members had the right train of thought, and then we get the ******* admin with "NOEZ TOO BIG WOULD BE LAME IF SMALL YOU LIKE HUNTERS YOUR OPINION SUCKS DURR".

Shinespark is The better site.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
Good to know that it's generally agreed upon that Other M's Ridley design is a mistake, though... low chance of that being his selected design for Smash.
Meh i like it, thought he looked awesome in motion, and i wouldnt care which design he got either way though. But as it stands he will either get an amalgamation design, or the other m one, with the latter having a higher chance if samus takes her other m look too.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Well, that didn't take long. Refusing to post any opinion for the time being, as it wouldn't do any justice until I read all that goes on here.

If it's anything like ChronoBound's last post, it'll be good. If it's more too big crap, it'll be entertaining, at least.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
but if they gave him some of his new abilities exclusive to Other M like hardening his skin which made him immune to most projectiles, then it would kinda make up for it for me.
I actually forgot he could do that in the game, that would be a pretty cool defensive special move for sure.

I didn't mind Samsus's voice actress in Other M, but Hale's talent was wasted on those grunts and screams in the Prime games when she could've been voicing Samus for real herself. .
Jennifer hale is great, but im glad they chose someone else, i feel at this point ive heard hale so much that any character she plays reminds me of a previous one and it takes me out of the experience a bit.

bobadz

Smash Ace
Some of the lesser members had the right train of thought, and then we get the ******* admin with "NOEZ TOO BIG WOULD BE LAME IF SMALL YOU LIKE HUNTERS YOUR OPINION SUCKS DURR".

Was it CapCom or Infinitys end? Both hate the Prime games and like other m. Just Saiyan.

Meh i like it, thought he looked awesome in motion, and i wouldnt care which design he got either way though. But as it stands he will either get an amalgamation design, or the other m one, with the latter having a higher chance if samus takes her other m look too.
I thought it looked even worse in motion.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
I actually forgot he could do that in the game, that would be a pretty cool defensive special move for sure.

Jennifer hale is great, but im glad they chose someone else, i feel at this point ive heard hale so much that any character she plays reminds me of a previous one and it takes me out of the experience a bit.
Indeed.

Well that wouldn't of so much been the case if she had voiced Samus (in terms of narrating or dialogue) back in 2002 when Prime was new, but I agree that Hale's overused as a VA now for those reasons.

Was it CapCom or Infinitys end? Both hate the Prime games and like other m. Just Saiyan.
It was Infinity's End.

And yeah, welcome back IsmaR! Have fun catching up... I guess. You'll have a lot more of that to do than I did when I first returned here.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Well, that didn't take long. Refusing to post any opinion for the time being, as it wouldn't do any justice until I read all that goes on here.

If it's anything like ChronoBound's last post, it'll be good. If it's more too big crap, it'll be entertaining, at least.
Oh wow, you read through the whole thread? I think this is the biggest character support thread at the moment...

But there haven't been many too-biggers so far. Most people accept he's highly wanted and should be in, but they may have GUT FEELINGS that prevent them from being very confident.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
BY THE WAY CHRONO, I like that little story of yours. Truly you're the grandpappy of all Ridley supporters. I hope I can keep this thread relatively sane so I can keep you around here. I mean, not like I can really control anyone, but still. Hopefully Ridley will be revealed in the trailer so we don't have to put up with a lot of idiots flooding this thread. And in celebration we can just read your essay on how you can die happy.

D

Deleted member

BY THE WAY CHRONO, I like that little story of yours. Truly you're the grandpappy of all Ridley supporters. I hope I can keep this thread relatively sane so I can keep you around here. I mean, not like I can really control anyone, but still. Hopefully Ridley will be revealed in the trailer so we don't have to put up with a lot of idiots flooding this thread. And in celebration we can just read your essay on how you can die happy.
Butbutbut, he still has to fight for Roy's return.

But in all seriousness, Ridley should just be in at this point. He's one of the biggest draws Nintendo has when it comes to newcomers and there's no point in excluding him (and Sakurai better put all he's got into Ridley).

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I have no worries whatsoever about Ridley's inclusion. As far as I'm concerned, he's in. 100%. No doubt about it.

But whether or not we have to put with a lot of crap before his reveal (if he's not in the trailer) is a different matter, lol.

Also, what the freaking shoot heck?:

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Oh wow, you read through the whole thread? I think this is the biggest character support thread at the moment...

But there haven't been many too-biggers so far. Most people accept he's highly wanted and should be in, but they may have GUT FEELINGS that prevent them from being very confident.
I am what you mentioned in your last paragrapth tbh...but i love metroid am a huge fan.

Also am i the only one who wanted to see a confrontation between Ridley & Dark Samus in Prime3? They coulda/SHOULDA crossed paths...man that would be EPIC ! who do you think would win in a battle?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Background in Planet Zebes in 64.
Part of the intro trailer of Melee, and also a trophy.
Double boss roles, and thropy in Brawl.

Ridley sure has stepped up. I'm hoping he gets into Smash 4 as well.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
I am what you mentioned in your last paragrapth tbh...but i love metroid am a huge fan.

Also am i the only one who wanted to see a confrontation between Ridley & Dark Samus in Prime3? They coulda/SHOULDA crossed paths...man that would be EPIC ! who do you think would win in a battle?
From what I understand, you're not the only one as far as the latter. Dark Samus probably would've won such a fight though due to how much control she has over Phazon alone. Then again, I don't think she had anything in her arsenal that could've pierced through Omega Ridley's Phazite armor like the Nova Beam, so there's that. Whose more powerful is not what makes one the better villain though, even while it's a good thing for a bad guy to have.

And that last one by Chrono was actually my favorite out of his lengthy Ridley posts yet, just because of how much I could relate to him back when Super Metroid was new and so forth. Had some of those same instincts about Rids as well even before he was established to be the leader like in Zero MIssion. Good stuff.

And lol, that picture made my morning.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So should Meta Ridley be a Final Smash or a alternate costume? I'm thinking a Final Smash would work better if you ask me.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
I, personally, want Meta Ridley and Mecha Ridley to be alternate costumes and have his Final Smash as something else. Namely, I want him to summon an airdrop of Space Pirates...

To be honest, though, that's mostly because I think it'd be fun to kill a bunch of Space Pirates as Ridley's opponent.

Out of curiosity... who here actually thinks they might potentially main as Ridley? While I really want him in the game, I'm not sure I'd really be playing him that much.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Bit off topic but someone please tell me need to know.

Has Metroid as in Metroid 1 on 3DS VC has save points can you save?

Will they bring Zero Mission to 3DS VC.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Out of curiosity... who here actually thinks they might potentially main as Ridley? While I really want him in the game, I'm not sure I'd really be playing him that much.
*raises hand*

He may be my secondary after Pokemon Trainer.

Or maybe my first, who knows?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I want Ridley in cause I want to fight against him pretty badly. He makes one of the most epic opponents possible.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I'll always main Diddy, and co-main DK, Mewtwo and Ike if they're in. Then, I'll just play whoever I feel like. Usually I wanna be good with every character I'm interessted in. In Brawl, that means I only don't play Snake, Sonic, Ice Climbers, R.O.B., and Olimar. And also Peach and Zelda actually. All other characters I van effectively play as. So I'll probably play Ridley to to get good enough with him.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Not sure about MAIN, I mean I would definitely WANT that to be true, but it would depend on if I actually enjoyed playing as him outside of freaking out because I get to play as a big purple space dragon. I tend to like BIG STRONG characters though, so there's a good chance I'll enjoy Ridley for how he plays. I think... Dedede is the only one I really don't like playing as.

Just I've been playing Yoshi since 64, would be kind of hard to take his place lol.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Hey everyone, here's a deleted cutscene of Metroid Prime 1 with Samus voiced by Jennifer Hale. Younger sounding than Lady Shepard from Mass Effect.

I unfortunately worry that Ridley will be more like DeDeDe than the satisfying hits of Ganondorf.

... So, how annoyed would people be if he was essentially a heavy duty clone of MetaKnight? People often picture him with moves similar to MK's up+B and side+B. Throw in a fireball instead of neutral+B and some other move for Down+B and you pretty have a viable Ridley.

DISCUSS.

D

Deleted member

Given that Sakurai said he would have been "a little slow" if he was added in Brawl, I have no doubts Ridley would be a heavy hitter.

EDIT: That being said, I might try him out if he's anything like Bowser, my secondary in Brawl. If I like his style, I'll probably have him as one of my mains. If Anthony Higgs is right and he has no style, I'll probably play as him on a whim instead like I do most characters.

Top Bottom