• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
but that was with a wiimote + nunchuck. this would be with a gamepad or a pro controller. thus attract more people.
How would that attract more people?

If they wanted a shooter that used a controller why not play Halo, Call of Duty, etc?

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
How would that attract more people?

If they wanted a shooter that used a controller why not play Halo, Call of Duty, etc?
because Call of duty is unoriginal.

don't think that was a good argument because the brain-dead fans play it anyways.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
because Call of duty is unoriginal.

don't think that was a good argument because the brain-dead fans play it anyways.
Call of Duty is many things.

But it is not unoriginal. It may look that way today but when the series was first created there weren't a whole lot of shooters based on the real world.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Call of Duty is many things.

But it is not unoriginal. It may look that way today but when the series was first created there weren't a whole lot of shooters based on the real world.
I meant current installments are becoming unoriginal.

there aren't many risks taken between games, which makes them stale. the first one might be "original", but nowadays its overdone.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

there aren't many risks taken between games, which makes them stale. the first one might be "original", but nowadays its overdone.
*side scrolling Mario* *cough cough*

It's stagnating. The developers just need to take a break.

Now I never thought I would be defending Call of Duty (especially in a Ridley Thread, we should get back on topic), but it does have redeemable values.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
*side scrolling Mario* *cough cough*

It's stagnating. The developers just need to take a break.

Now I never thought I would be defending Call of Duty (especially in a Ridley Thread, we should get back on topic), but it does have redeemable values.
why are you bringing up mario? like, thats not even related. yeah, the 2d ones are the same(didn't even buy the new one). oh well. just saying a new first person METROID game (with multiplayer) would be infinitely better than call of duty, so it might attract some attention.

yeah, back to ridley.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
why are you bringing up mario? like, thats not even related. yeah, the 2d ones are the same(didn't even buy the new one). oh well. just saying a new first person METROID game (with multiplayer) would be infinitely better than call of duty, so it might attract some attention.

yeah, back to ridley.
I'm just saying that your statement...

can also apply to Mario as of late.

Either way. Us Ridley supporters need a name.

The Space Pirates?

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Actually I heard the reason why the original prime turned out so good, was because Miyamoto kept telling retro there game kept needing to redone. That's why several members of retro left after prime was done.
Miyamoto and Metroid do not mix. I'd say he made it worse if anything, assuming he held Retro back from doing some cool things they originally wanted to do with the game. Shame too about all the cut content because of some staff leaving early such as Kraid, the four-armed snow beast of Phendrana, etc. Would've loved to fight Kraid in the Phazon Mines.

If there's a bright side to Miyamoto's actions there though, it's that it at least resulted in Prime being released on the Gamecube instead of N64, as the game would've aged much more horribly if it was on that console. *remembers the horrible quality looking pics of that canned prototype game*

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
...Maybe under his...rolls?

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Its beyond ******** that Kraid wasnt in any of the Prime's...a 3D Kraid battle would be too Epic for words to describe...make it happen Nin___.. Retro Studios.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Kraid for Sm4sh !!!! (-_-)
Just bring back Melee's Brainstar or whaterver stage Kraid was in for Sm4sh and we're good. :awesome:

Its beyond ******** that Kraid wasnt in any of the Prime's...a 3D Kraid battle would be too Epic for words to describe...make it happen Nin___.. Retro Studios.
Same goes for a 3D Mother Brain fight. Was a tease that she wasn't in Prime 3 of all games which would've made sense with the introduction of the Aurora Units and all.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I really want Norfair to return, so Ridley has his home turf as a stage; Brinstar Depths to return so Ridley's old buddy can come back, and Tourian to be a new stage so their boss Mother Brain can show up.

Though Kraid or Mother Brain could also be story mode bosses.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Speaking of which, it was really annoying that Ridley's themes weren't used for Norfair.
Nintendo doesnt like Metroid much do they...its probly the least water downed popular nintendo franchise...its slowly getting there though with Donkey kong...everythings getting mariofied...
Hand holding...

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
What exactly was used on Norfair? Was some kind of Metroid Metal sounding music from what I remember, but regardless it was weird for the stage it was on.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
What exactly was used on Norfair? Was some kind of Metroid Metal sounding music from what I remember, but regardless it was weird for the stage it was on.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"

*Brinsta...err, "Metroid Main Theme" music begins*

Omega-Smasher

Smash Cadet
No matter how many times you're going to say it, I don't want Ridley in the game. Plus, I believe shrinking his size would make him lose all of his awesomeness. And yes, this is a personal one since I believe in Shokio and yep, nuff said.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
How do you guys think of ridley in story mode. I picture him as sort of an anti-hero. kinda attacking people on both sides.
Last I've checked, Ridley is pure evil, so he'd most likely be against the heroes until he has to reluctantly join them to face a bigger threat.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Ridley doesn't even have a conscience, is an animal. His role in a story mode could be only one consisted of "appears, breaks/kills everything he can, gets defeated".
He's not an actual "character".

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Ridley isn't that brainless though, since he does know that Samus is his enemy, so in a way, the enemy of his enemy is his ally.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Seen in this way he could work as Bowser's or Ganondorf's mad dog. Something like "Release the Ridley". Would be cool actually.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Ridley doesn't even have a conscience, is an animal. His role in a story mode could be only one consisted of "appears, breaks/kills everything he can, gets defeated".
You've obviously never read the manga, or realized that Ridley is in charge of most of the high levelled raids in Metroid.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Since you mentioned the ship, Prime 3 was actually a good start at giving it more of a role than ever before, like with the ship missiles and ship grapple, not to mention it was amusing seeing how much of a beating it could take from Ghor. Hope to see the ship implemented more into gameplay like that in the future, as it's one of the things that would make Samus feel more like a bounty hunter.
Yeah, Prime 3 was a step in the right direction, in that sense. That (and online multiplayer) is the kinda stuff I'd hope to see in a new metroid.

D

Deleted member

C. Montridley Burns.
"Release the Space Hounds."

EDIT: Great, now I'm thinking of Ridley having Mr. Burns' voice....and strangely, it FITS.

Norm

Smash Lord
NNID
Sheldon86

From the Ridley wiki: Despite his fearsome and bestial appearance, Ridley is known to be highly intelligent and is shown to even be capable of speaking in the manga; with his intelligence, he was also evidently capable of building asynthetic construct made in his own image. He is known to have a bloodthirsty personality and takes great personal enjoyment in destruction.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
So what if Ridley isn't revealed in the first trailer or first few character reveals on the dojo? What is the vibe going to be around here?

D

Deleted member

So what if Ridley isn't revealed in the first trailer or first few character reveals on the dojo? What is the vibe going to be around here?
I'll feel pretty much the same about his odds, but would imagine that he would be an unlockable.

Top Bottom