• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Poopmin

Smash Ace
NNID
HotelMario
Hey guys! How are thi--oh for pete sake! I leave to take a nap, and you guys start talking about hispanics and getting hyped for a rumored direct! This is Ridley's domain, and you just love to contaminate his office with this :mad088:!

...You guys never change!

Srsly, tho, how do get away with so much when we're this dangerously close?
One Ridley mention a day keeps the IsmaR at bay.

Though seriously, on with even more Ridley, don't you guys just love the sight of Ridley clapping sarcastically when he loses? I find it hilarious.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
*Sigh...I severely dislike when people try to over simplify an argument in the face of their own flawed one to try and demonstrate how their point somehow makes more sense, but here goes.
Yet you've been doing that this entire time. You've oversimplified your entire argument to a single sentence.

"Ridley was implied to be non-playable, so he is disconfirmed."

That's a great little sentence, but it is not exactly a lot to go on.

They only act if there's something to work with. No sign of Ridley's full body what-so-ever means they will not say either way. Chrom also didn't need a deconfirm, it was obvious that he was not going to be playable after the trailer. Rayman only needed one because a silly Nintendo rep borked his words and literally implied without ambiguity that he was a newcomer. That demanded clarification due to the Nintendo rep not choosing his words carefully.
There was no sign of Ridley's full body, but there was a sign of a part of it. If you are denying that it was Ridley's body (and shadow, for that matter), then you are ALSO denying that Ridley was actually implied to be a boss at all. Therefore, the boss implication cannot possibly have any relation to Ridley, because it wasn't him.

Also, let's look at the line "it was obvious that he was not going to be playable after the trailer". Actually, it wasn't. Oh, you might think it was (I certainly thought it was), but there were plenty of people, including a couple gaming news sites, that drew the opposite conclusion.

But, let's take that at face value. "Chrom didn't need a disconfirmation". Then why did he get one? Why did Nintendo BOTHER to make an official statement that he was unplayable after that trailer, if the trailer itself showed his non-playable status perfectly well?

This is subjective, because while it doesn't make sense to you, it certainly makes perfect sense to me, enough to not be convinced of Ridley's chances at all. You hyped something up to be more than it actually is. There's no shame in that, but just don't start whining about Nintendo being deceiving and making bad marketing choices when you don't get your way, because from my perspective they've done nothing to forcefully create hype for him being playable. Only this thread has.
You utterly miss the point. Nintendo's intentions in that tease are utterly irrelevant. They might have intended to show him as a stage boss in as plain and simple terms as they could. The lack of displaying it could have been due to unfinished assets, or a recent change to the design or boss moves, or anything else. Absolutely.

There is, however, no reason to not state his is unplayable if that were the case.

After the initial tease, Nintendo received hundreds of emails asking "Does that mean Ridley isn't playable?". Nintendo has witnessed, first hand, that plenty of people now believe Ridley has a chance at being playable BECAUSE OF THEIR ACTIONS. How they INTERPRETED those actions is irrelevant. Again, look at Chrom and Prince Sablé. Both of those characters were presented in a very straightforward way. There was no reasonable way that people could have concluded that they were playable from how they were shown. However, a handful of people interpreted those reveals to mean that they were playable. And, because of this, Nintendo specifically came out and clarified the situation.

Because the fact that Nintendo INTENDED to show them as unplayable from the beginning is irrelevant. In any marketing situation, it isn't what you "intend" to do that matters, it's how the customers interpret that intention.

Good example: In the Mac vs PC commercials, Apple found that people were feeling sorry for the PC guy for always being mocked and picked on by the Apple guy. Their "intention" of simply highlighting superior features in the machine had backfired because the commercials were "interpreted" differently. As a result, they went and they changed their commercials, so that the PC guy began acting petty and hostile, in an attempt to remove that sympathy that people felt for him.

There is nothing wrong, at all, with creating a marketing image that your customers interpret in a way you don't intend. But you have to take steps to correct that image, or it is your fault. When a substantial customer base (and I can 100% guarantee you that more people were convinced that Ridley was playable from the tease than were convinced Prince Sablé was playable from his reveal) interprets your marketing to showcase a particular feature, it is up to your marketing to correct that issue, or risk the ire (and thus, losing the business) of those customers.

Nintendo has had plenty of time to correct the misinterpretation. They have had over a year in which to say "sorry, he's not playable". They haven't done so. If Ridley were unplayable, this would be a huge, huge marketing blunder. You do not want upset customers right when your product is being launched.

Are you trying to say that he will be in because it will boost game sales?...because you actually have no proof that Ridley being a playable character would all of the sudden coax current non-Smash bros. Players who weren't getting it anyway to buy Smash, especially with Ridley being obscure outside of the Nintendo verse.
Not exactly. I'm saying that people who were previously planning on buying the game will refuse to do so if Ridley turns out to be unplayable. That is a fact. It won't be a lot of sales, by any means. Certainly less than a percent. But it is going to happen.

Again, I don't feel "tested". You are only testing yourself. In fact this whole paragraph is just emotional speculation. Like a child crying about not getting a toy they want.
I never used the word "tested", so I'm not sure who you're quoting there.

"I will feel mocked and betrayed if you don't put Ridley in!"

Even though he made no promises to put him in and is under no rule of law to do so.

"I won't buy the game and I will boycott Nintendo!"

I mean, really? To essentially assert that the game sales overall will be affected by your personal choice to be stubborn over one single character seems pretty self-centered. Sales will be unaffected. I'm sure there will be a few out there, extremist & irrational outspoken people who will speak with their wallet in a way that simply amounts to complaining, but it's not going to "hurt" game sales if Ridley is not playable.
Again, you fail to understand my point. For one thing, I never specified that I was going to boycott or not purchase the game. Just that some people would.

No corporation wants unhappy customers or unhappy potential customers. The entire job of the marketing department is to make people want to buy your product.

If your marketing has created an expectation in your customers, whether intentional or not, you HAVE to address that expectation, or your customers will be unhappy. You do not want unhappy customers. You especially do not want unhappy customers the week before your product launches.

Let's look at the game. It's retailing for $40. Let's say that it is going to sell one million copies, all digital (even numbers, and all profit goes to Nintendo, simplifying everything). Now let's say that 0.1% of the people don't purchase the game, because they felt that Nintendo was laughing at them and teasing them with the entire Ridley situation.

Congratulations, you just lost the company $40,000 because you weren't willing to make a twitter statement that Ridley wasn't playable a year earlier. Two sentences. "Ridley is a boss. Therefore, he is not playable." Less than fifteen seconds of work. Just cost the company $40,000 because you didn't do it. I hope you didn't like your job that much.

It may be a drop in the bucket to Nintendo, but that is a very real cost. Heck, even if they wait until a price drop, it's a significant cost. What's more, there's an even greater part of the customer base who will purchase the product, but have a bad taste in their mouth from the way they feel they were handled by the marketing team (and marketing is ALL about feelings). These people may buy the game, but they will be less likely to buy future games that they were more on the fence about. Especially since they will now feel that they can't trust Nintendo's advertising. These people are certainly less likely to start buying that lovely DLC that Nintendo is starting to sell.

In fact, Nintendo has had several employees taking extra time to maintain the tease, by directly answering questions about him in an ambiguous fashion (not to mention the Pyrosphere Pic of the Day).

If Ridley is unplayable, there are customers who are going to take this that negatively. Count on it. A good sociologist (or a good marketing expert) would gladly tell you approximately what percentage of fans will interpret things each way, but let's face it, I'm way too lazy for that. But it is going to happen. There are going to be unhappy potential customers, they are going to refuse to buy the game, and they are going to vocalize that unwillingness to Nintendo.

At that time, Nintendo is going to look down the line, ask "why the hell are these people refusing to buy our product because they say our marketing team was teasing them?", and then start canning people. The job of the marketing department is to prevent exactly that sort of situation from happening. It is their job to manipulate people's feelings. If a part of the consumer base walks away because they didn't do that well, they failed at their job.

Something I notice is you sure make a lot of assumptions on how Nintendo works in very absolutist ways. Do you work there?
Nintendo is a corporation. It's job is to make money. Everything it does can be brought around and explained with that objective in mind.

The only time upsetting customers (and potentially losing sales) is acceptable is when there is a greater profit to be made by doing so. Please explain what potential profit there is to be made in not making an official statement on Ridley, that would be worth alienating even a minute fraction of your customers.

Example: The XBONE E-3 presentation. Microsoft made a number of horrible and blatantly anti consumer decisions that they knew would upset a lot of their customers. They did this, however, because they felt that eliminating the used game market would secure them more customers, more sales, and greater longevity with the product, and they believed that not enough upset customers would actually cease to be customers because of their new policies.

This decision horrible backfired on them, but the point still stands: It was a (badly) calculated decision to upset some customers to gain something of greater worth.

There is nothing to be gained by this. There is literally no logical reason to have not mentioned Ridley over the course of the last year when they KNOW there are people who still think he is playable (they literally get tweets and emails about it every day, check the twitter of any Nintendo bigwig). If Ridley becomes unplayable at launch, all of those fans will be upset, and the company will have gained nothing for it.

I don't see Sakurai as the sole decision maker behind everything Smash but I certainly don't assume to know how and why certain things happen.
That's obvious.

It can simply be assumed that much of the direction behind the marketing of Smash is based on Sakurai because he is the director of development. That's a pretty important position by the way.
Yes. It means he's responsible for developing the product. Not marketing it.

He certainly isn't getting all his info dumps cleared by Nintendo of America, don't seriously try to convince me that any other Nintendo aside from Japan has a say.
NoA is at least aware of the desires and intentions of the American fans, and will at least bring that to the attention of the main company (if not make a flat out statement of playability on their own, given that the "reveal" was already made). And Nintendo has nothing to be gained by prolonging the Ridley revelation.

Here's the simplification part *facepalm
Oh, it's only starting now?

First of all, it's possible to get your hopes up and dreams crushed by merely anything, it depends on your desires and proneness to be misled or get hyped up.
Absolutely true. Congratulations.

Sakurai can't possibly manage to work around everyone's specific measures behind what they consider teasing and false hype-building. Nobody could. Everyone wants something different.
Also true. Completely irrelevant, but true. Two in a row. Good job.

I'm simply pointing out that not all patterns in life are meaningful or telling of something. I can give you many examples of meaningless patterns if you like. The point is you find and seek out these patterns yourself in an effort to use them as "proof" to console yourself or make yourself feel better about a likely possibility (that he won't be playable).
You're still missing the entire point of everything I've been talking about.

THE PURPOSE OF MARKETING IS TO MAKE PEOPLE FEEL GOOD ABOUT YOUR PRODUCT.

It's all, 100% about how people "feel" about your product. It's not about what you present, not about what you show, it's about the resulting influence on the customers.
IF THE CUSTOMER IS UNHAPPY, THEN YOU ARE NOT DOING A GOOD JOB OF MARKETING.

It doesn't matter what you intend, it doesn't matter how clear you want to be, how straightforward you think your position is. If customers walk away unhappy, if potential customers are driven away, or made less likely to buy your products in the future, YOU HAVE FAILED AT YOUR JOB.

My logic is not that Ridley is an exception, it's that you're forcibly pointing at a pattern that is otherwise insignificant and has no bearing on his playability chances. You think certain things are a big deal that I do not (sounds like being Human).
So you're arguing that Nintendo is doing absolutely nothing to watch the marketing or customer reactions to the reveals and information that is being presented. That they don't have any marketing experts, that they aren't doing anything to ensure that their invested advertising is not going to hurt game sales at all. That every explicit disconfirm that has happened thus far has been a result of a completely random act of divine intervention, rather than any attempt by Nintendo to ensure that customers remain as positive about the product as possible.

Why would you believe anything posted, then? Everything is random, there are no patterns. We certainly can't trust a Pic of the Day. It could be completely random. There may be a "pattern" to only having actual, confirmed game content show up on there, but that's just grasping at straws.

I do like the idea of running Twitter that way though. We'll get an RNG to determine when to post, then a random sentence generator to determine what to post. I might try that one day.

At the end of the day, it is merely the fact we are human that is why we will always evaluate the situation differently, and we will find out in very little due time who's perspective was closest to reality.
Yes, we will.

If I unlock Ridley in real-time on my stream, you can be there to say "I told you so" and I won't even be mad.
I normally don't like being that petty once I win (before I'm proven right, completely different story). I'm also probably too lazy to find your stream. So you're safe from that, at least.

ridles1

Smash Rookie
Okay people I finally made an account. Here is the basics, I have been on the smash gamefaqus forums for a while now and they just do nothing but bash ridley lovers even when I'm trying to have a rational conversation about his fate so here I am. It's been bleaque on me believing he's in the game what with the leak and all the other info either being a lie or completely unsupportable so I am asking for some opinions. Do you guys think he's in or out and please explain . . . I have no idea where I stand but my hopes have dwindeled since metal face's shadow in the Shulk reveal so any encouragement or brutal honesty would be appreciated

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Falcon was in the Robin trailer, but Robin and Lucina were the two newcomers and the focus of the trailer. In a similar vein, the Greninja trailer had a standalone Charizard, which is technically a newcomer itself. Dual-newcomer videos have a newcomer with a recognizable moveset from the same franchise, and a newcomer with something new entirely.

If a Ridley trailer has another newcomer accompanying him, precedent dictates another person from Metroid with a recognizable (read: similar) moveset will be with him. Anthony and Adam are the likely ones, with Rundas and Sylux being the "Really? We've gone this deep into the barrel?" characters, with any one of them having a moveset based off of Samus's, and Ridley himself takes the role of the newcomer with a new and fresh moveset.

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Okay people I finally made an account. Here is the basics, I have been on the smash gamefaqus forums for a while now and they just do nothing but bash ridley lovers even when I'm trying to have a rational conversation about his fate so here I am. It's been bleaque on me believing he's in the game what with the leak and all the other info either being a lie or completely unsupportable so I am asking for some opinions. Do you guys think he's in or out and please explain . . . I have no idea where I stand but my hopes have dwindeled since metal face's shadow in the Shulk reveal so any encouragement or brutal honesty would be appreciated
Please read the second post in this thread. You can find it here: http://smashboards.com/threads/the-ridley-for-ssb4-thread-space-pirates-dont-falter.324284/

Welcome to the thread.

Poopmin

Smash Ace
NNID
HotelMario
CGI =/= Gameplay

Ridley has been proven to be teeny tiny in smash 4 while we haven't even see metal face in game yet.

Metal Face can physically not be shrunken down as there's a Hom inside of him. Unless it was the genetically altered Hom fighting with his suit as a final smash Metal Face can never be playable. Oops

So yeah. Ridleys hopes are still high guy.

Last edited:

Cyberguy64

Smash Journeyman
The more I think about it, the more damning (to detractors) it is that Ridley has never, ever, EVER been mentioned directly anywhere throughout Smash's hype-building. Never named, no picture, nothing but that one shadow and an allusion on the Pyrosphere description.

The yellow devil was teased, but he was shown off in more pictures and the like before having his role spelled out, (and who would ever consider him playable character material, anyway?) I can't think of anything else that's had it's role in-game obscured for so long. And yet they're not outright ignoring Ridley either, considering that, as mentioned above with the Barney picture, Nintendo PR employees tease us when confronted. It's not a conspiracy anymore. There's definitely something big going on. The question is, is it something we'll like, or not? Nintendo has done boneheaded things in the past, thinking we'll like it. (Other M, New Island, Dr. Mario and Dark Pit as their own characters.)

Judging by how on the nose Nintendo has usually been with what the fans want lately, I'm leaning that we're in for a pleasant surprise.

Incidentally, what would you think if Ridley was directly mentioned offhand in something Smash related? Like if his theme was added to the music section, or if they spell out "Samus' nemisis is Ridley." Or something like that? (But nothing else. Just a small mention.)

Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
More like:

Ridley: "Fancy meeting you here... Chozo Girl!"
I'll be completely honest, I was thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis close to making that the thread title over the current one. But I thought there was enough Shulkmania going on around the forum.

I just also realized how many of the pro Ridley artists here are hispanic as well. Ridley sure seems to get lots of support from over here, huh.

[inb4 someone suggests a bunch of Ridleys in ponchos and sombreros playing maracas]
Can't be more surprising than how many female fans there are.

[or pony fans]

Also views wouldn't be unique :p, I couldn't imagine IsmaR having the money laying around to buy a few hundred thousand copies of the game~
I have absolutely no response to this.

PeterJude

Smash Ace
So I went and did some math regarding the sales for this game. Assuming that the 1.8 million views in this thread are all from Ridley supporters, and each of them bought one copy of SSB4 for both versions (the price in this case is $59.99), we will get...

1,883,683 x $59.99 (for one version) = $113,002,143.2

$113,002,143.2 + $113,002,143.2 = $226,004,286.3

$226 million dollars. And this is assuming that each and every one of those viewers is genuinely interested in a playable Ridley. Even if you subtracted 40,000 or one million people from the view count, you'd still get a lot of money out of it. To put this in perspective, this would cover the costs of the development budget of Star Wars: the Old Republic, which had nearly $200 million dollars put into it. It is most expensive video games ever made.

Cha-ching.
Viewers aren't unique, lots of detractors come on here too. So long story short, a massive massive overestimate.

To put it in context, ask yourself this: are you going to buy a copy for each time you've visited this thread?

It would also assume that there exists a set of people who would only buy the game should it have Ridley playable, and that this set contains all viewers.

Last edited:

ridles1

Smash Rookie
Please read the second post in this thread. You can find it here:

Welcome to the thread.
I'm confused . . . I did read all of his info but I think I'm missing something. I just am having trouble believing he's there mainly cause of the leak and his non-mention. ANy opinions would be appreciated

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
I'm confused . . . I did read all of his info but I think I'm missing something. I just am having trouble believing he's there mainly cause of the leak and his non-mention. ANy opinions would be appreciated
Every character who has been teased has had one of two things happen:

Either they have received an immediate and direct disconfirmation of their non-playable status (as with the Princes: Chrom and Sablé), or they have wound up playable in the end (Toon Link and Meta Knight).

Ridley has received no immediate or direct disconfirmation (after over a year, he's still getting the silent treatment). Ergo, my conclusion is that he is playable.

Last edited:

Bravetriforcer

Smash Ace
Freedom Page.

Also it's been an honor to serve with you, men.

But soon entropy will get the better of us.

And then we'll pull a Superboy and punch entropy in the face.

Nothing will stop Ridley, not even his thread literally becoming too big for Smashboards.

Cyberguy64

Smash Journeyman
Freedom Page.

Nothing will stop Ridley, not even his thread literally becoming too big for Smashboards.
To be fair, if it has to go out, it might as well go out ironically.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Freedom Page.

This makes me want to mod Ridley's victory theme to the Star Spangled Banner.

Alas, the fact all the smash 4 information points at Ridley, well, that sounds like freedom to me.

Regardless, we're about 9 days (given I think someone will break street date by 2 days) from leaking the Smash 3DS roster at worst. I think we can expect Ridley, since the baddies are usually hidden characters.

AuraShaman

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraShaman
3DS FC
0018-0281-9044
Nintendo has done boneheaded things in the past, thinking we'll like it. (Other M, New Island, Dr. Mario and Dark Pit as their own characters.)
I'm offended you use Dark Pit as an example. No one can seem to grasp his true potential as a separate fighter other than me. ;_; Yeah, I get it, he's literally a clone of Pit...and Mewtwo is a clone of Mew. People need to stop judging characters based on face/personality value; that's how we got so many detractors for the more popular characters in the first place.

So, I'm pretty sure someone has thought of this before, but has anyone considered Project M a plan B for Ridley?

Last edited:

Cyberguy64

Smash Journeyman
I'm offended you use Dark Pit as an example. No one can seem to grasp his true potential as a separate fighter other than me. ;_; Yeah, I get it, he's literally a clone of Pit...and Mewtwo is a clone of Mew. People need to stop judging characters based on face/personality value; that's how we got so many detractors for the more popular characters in the first place.

So, I'm pretty sure someone has thought of this before, but has anyone considered Project M a plan B for Ridley?
Considering that he's lumped in with the other clones, it's not looking too hot for him being unique, which is my point. Would you be happy if he was just Pit with slower/faster moves? Boneheaded move by Nintendo! If he was different and cool, I'd gladly take him off the list, but that's not looking likely.

And yes, yes they have. But it was like 300 pages ago, and I can't be bothered to check.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Why is the thread OP posted twice on the front page?

I've decided that Ridley is an inevitability that I will have to accept.

At least I get the game early so I can confirm/deny if he ends up being a secret character.

There's supposedly a direct announced tomorrow, but who knows.

hot coffee

Smash Cadet
The pic of the day will be up any minute now. No matter what it is, I'm sure we can find something in it to support the "Ridley is playable" argument!

AuraShaman

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraShaman
3DS FC
0018-0281-9044
Considering that he's lumped in with the other clones, it's not looking too hot for him being unique, which is my point. Would you be happy if he was just Pit with slower/faster moves? Boneheaded move by Nintendo! If he was different and cool, I'd gladly take him off the list, but that's not looking likely.

And yes, yes they have. But it was like 300 pages ago, and I can't be bothered to check.
Was actually bringing up Ridley in Project M in hopes of avoiding a spam infraction.

While I'm a strong supporter for Dark Pit, I definately feel making him a Pitdorf character would be proving to detractors that he can't be anything other than a clone character; a decision like that is definitely worth labeling a bonehead move of Nintendo.

However, someone mentioned in a PAX leak that Dark Pit weilds a sniper weapon; the ambiguity in this makes me believe he's wielding his signature staff in this game. Staffs in Uprising have a quick, straight trajectory with long, piercing range. This means it probably can't be aimed like Pit's arrows, and it will pierce through multiple targets across the stage; like R.O.B.'s lazers.

I'm really hoping that Dark Pit ends up being more like Mario's Luigi, rather than being being Mario's...Dr. Mario~
.....RIDLEEEEEEEEEEY!!

Just found out how to use the text modifiers. 'u'

Last edited:
NNID
AwesomeCauliflwr
3DS FC
0576-6167-0092

Good news for Ridley fans.
Rikki is confirmed to be both an assist trophy and part of a Final Smash.
In short- dual roles are confirmed to be relevant. Ridley could very well be a boss and playable, depending on if he's used on that stage or not.
imagine if chrom was a giant trolling by sakurai and he was actually playable!

Irarius

Smash Journeyman
The pic of the day will be up any minute now. No matter what it is, I'm sure we can find something in it to support the "Ridley is playable" argument!
dude you play with the gods you play with tthe fait ... what is if next pic of the day says **** all of you here is ridley boss or worse assist trophy or even worse a pokeball summon

Last edited:

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
New pic of the day confirms that Ridley being absent from that all-star shot is meaningless. Keep holding onto hope!

Thermithral

Smash Journeyman
NNID
blahara
3DS FC
1375-7535-6452
Switch FC
6524 3241 3725
dude you play with the gods you play with tthe fait ... what is if next pic of the day says **** all of you here is ridley boss or worse assist trophy or even worse a pokeball summon
Would that confirm...a metroid/pokemon crossover? That's, kind of awesome, and will end pretty badly, because Samus will visit the planet. Nevermind, don't do that. D:

Be I kind of agree. Support the space pirate lord, but don't get cocky.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804

"Pic of the day. This time, you can challenge every fighter in All-Star Mode from the moment you turn on the game!! This is a survival battle with limited recovery items and no option to continue. However, this mode will be incomplete until you've unlocked every fighter... Until then, you can only play against characters that are already available. This is a picture of the bottom-screen menu, with a padlock indicating that the mode is still incomplete."

+1 everyone who grasped at the straws.

Last edited:

Irarius

Smash Journeyman
the moment if you throw a masterball and get a ridley :O best moment ever XD

Lanog20

Smash Apprentice
"Pic of the day. This time, you can challenge every fighter in All-Star Mode from the moment you turn on the game!! This is a survival battle with limited recovery items and no option to continue. However, this mode will be incomplete until you've unlocked every fighter... Until then, you can only play against characters that are already available. This is a picture of the bottom-screen menu, with a padlock indicating that the mode is still incomplete."
Welp, Ridley confirmed.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
New pic of the day confirms that Ridley being absent from that all-star shot is meaningless. Keep holding onto hope!
HOLY ****ING HELL! The ONE legit argument against Ridley is gone. DAMN.

Yeah... This update helped Ridley more than ever lol.

Also, don't worry about that bottom screen having a limited count, either. I calculated it out, it only comes out to about 30 if it was filled up. It'll probably scroll.

Hidan

Smash Apprentice
This pic of the day raises Ridley's chances! Instead of guessing why he isn't with Samus in the 1985-1986 portion of the All-Star Mode. We now know why, it's because he hasn't been unlocked!

Last edited:

Irarius

Smash Journeyman
we still have a chance and here is something no mr game and watch next to pac man still no rob just the characters who are confirmed already

LunarDistortion

Lord of the Nigelchu's
NNID
Lunar_Distortion
3DS FC
4639-9294-0127
Switch FC
SW-4041-3028-0448
Ridley lives on! This is a great rise in chances for a lot of characters!

Top Bottom