• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Wise Multishine

Luminary
NNID
Omnireader

Cue me table-flipping:
:laugh:
That Batman table flip has me in stitches. Oh my god. :rotfl:

On a more serious note...

Seriously, guys. The release date is so close. Less than two weeks. Maybe we should hold off on the straw grasping. I seriously can't believe we're here already. Sakurai is going to garner some serious hate if it's all been for nothing. I've always thought that Sakurai knows best when it comes to the roster....So I won't be seriously devastated. Seriously. Twelve. More. Days. And that's assuming there aren't any more leaks. It's seriously crazy to think about.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
The rumor I just heard was the announcement tomorrow which means the direct would air on Wednesday.

Like others here, I hope so much it's true and I hope Ridley is there too.

But, I wonder if it's just one newcomer. Because, I feel for a last trailer, they would mind blown a lot more than previous ones. Since we know how any Ridley confirmation will make the internet explode for hours, wold be good to do it the last trailer right?

Weeman

Smash Crusader
The rumor I just heard was the announcement tomorrow which means the direct would air on Wednesday.

Like others here, I hope so much it's true and I hope Ridley is there too.

But, I wonder if it's just one newcomer. Because, I feel for a last trailer, they would mind blown a lot more than previous ones. Since we know how any Ridley confirmation will make the internet explode for hours, wold be good to do it the last trailer right?
What rumor?

RampagingRidley

Smash Rookie
What rumor?
Apparently Nintendo of Russia has information about a direct being announced tomorrow

And I'm going to go out on a limb here and predict that the infamous villain trailer will finally be shown at some point this week, and Ridley will be the final character revealed

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
September 2, 2014
And for today's PotD, a new stage out of nowhere - The Pyrosphere! There are tunnels and stuff, and sometimes a shadow. All of this feels really familiar. Have I accidentally shown off this stage before?
Obviously the shadow will be the boss on the Pyrosphere.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
That settles it, I'm going to support Metal Face for Smash 5, use a ton of the same arguments as for Ridley, and see how much of a following I garner. Seriously, the similarities between Metal Face and Ridley are shockingly close.

I kinda want Ridley's voice to be similar to Metal Face's too.
I was gonna suggest that as well.

Metal Face for Smash 5!

But first, let's get Ridley in on this one. Priorities, man!

Weeman

Smash Crusader
So Shulk for the japanese only direct and Rildey for the general direct? that seems only fair :awesome:

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
AAAND i finally have a WiiU soif ridley isn't in smash I will support with will and might Ridley for DLC! D:<

:( Oh...I'm so sorry! and why do you worry about that? you are A WAY BETTER ARTIST THAN ME, AND YOU KNOW IT.

Y NO ME DIGAS QUE NO. ES LA VERDAD.
hey there the first rule of getting good at drawing is simply don't stop drawing and so far i see you have that one right : )
Plus you seem to be young, it's not like you don't have plenty of time for improving. just think of the possibilities! :D

Deberiamos hacer una asociación de dibujantes hispanoablantes pro ridley (ADIHIPRI) XD
Lo bueno de nacer en un país hispanohablante es que no tienes que aprender español (even japanese looks easier)

On a more serious note...

Seriously, guys. The release date is so close. Less than two weeks. Maybe we should hold off on the straw grasping. I seriously can't believe we're here already. Sakurai is going to garner some serious hate if it's all been for nothing. I've always thought that Sakurai knows best when it comes to the roster....So I won't be seriously devastated. Seriously. Twelve. More. Days. And that's assuming there aren't any more leaks. It's seriously crazy to think about.
Are you serious?

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Deberiamos hacer una asociación de dibujantes hispanoablantes pro ridley (ADIHIPRI) XD
Lo bueno de nacer en un país hispanohablante es que no tienes que aprender español (even japanese looks easier)
I just also realized how many of the pro Ridley artists here are hispanic as well. Ridley sure seems to get lots of support from over here, huh.

[inb4 someone suggests a bunch of Ridleys in ponchos and sombreros playing maracas]

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Only Ridley trailer I would accept now is one that starts with Anthony and Samus being forced into a confrontation with Wario, who's just trolling around and having a good time, then Ridley swoops in to let the three of them know that **** has really hit the fan now.

Reason I say Wario, is because Hiroji Kiyotake, the original designer of Samus, was also the original designer of Wario. It would be a neat little reference. Wish I knew who (Super Metroid) Ridley's original designer was though.

Poopmin

Smash Ace
NNID
HotelMario
I just also realized how many of the pro Ridley artists here are hispanic as well. Ridley sure seems to get lots of support from over here, huh.

[inb4 someone suggests a bunch of Ridleys in ponchos and sombreros playing maracas]
Hello, could one of you talented artists draw our favorite pirate pterosaur? But here's the humorous twist, could you draw him in some Hispanic garb, preferably a poncho, whilst playing the maracas?

Thank you so much.

Last edited:

Alakaslam

Smash Ace

Ándale pues vato

¡Corralé!

¡Fiesta con Ridley!

(HIJOLE mis Español esta muy feo)

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I am so hoping the Direct thing is legit. They wouldn't make another Japan-only Direct, so it would certainly be a world wide Direct and as much as I am hyped for Duck Hunt and Bowser Jr, announcing them in what would be likely the last worldwide Direct before the release of the game would be foolish. I can only see Ridley being announced or... Mewtwo maybe, but it isn't really a newcomer, so... Gimme Ridley pls

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Hello, could one of you talented artists draw our favorite pirate pterosaur? But here's the humorous twist, could you draw him in some Hispanic garb, preferably a poncho, whilst playing the maracas?

Thank you so much.
Ándale pues vato

¡Corralé!

¡Fiesta con Ridley!

(HIJOLE mis Español esta muy feo)
I had a feeling I had shot myself in the foot with that one.

Also, Alakaslam, please stop spamming and posting off topic comments. That'd be very appreciated.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
hey there the first rule of getting good at drawing is simply don't stop drawing and so far i see you have that one right : )
Plus you seem to be young, it's not like you don't have plenty of time for improving. just think of the possibilities! :D

I...well, I do what I can...and I have done other stuff besides Rids in here, like, Medusa and Viridi (they made my hand BURN...ask Pacack...) and I feel that what I do is not even enough...plenty of time?:sadeyes: B-but...I WANT TO KNOW EVERYTHING NOW! I get desperate REALLY fast..and young? I'm nearly 20 years old.....in a few months....AND I FEEL REALLY OLD...>___< GODDAMNIT.

Eso me suena a una gran idea! ;D Aunque ya vez como soy....una novata desesperada....Heh...pero me gusta como suena eso de Artistas Pro-Ridley. Yo si me apunto. xD Las siglas están bien largas...

G2A571_0DAF1EA417E20_001.gif

"Those are fine...."

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Hello friends,

Generally you should
a) Speak in English
b) Make sense
c) Be comprehensible
d) Be conscious of what you're saying
e) Go to sleep if you are incapable of all/some of the above

Last edited:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master

c16.png
I feel so very white. (despite being only half-white, half Pacific islander, but a United States fellow through and through)

But hey, I can take solace in living in Texas.

Alakaslam

Smash Ace
Hello friends,

Generally you should
a) Speak in English
b) Make sense
c) Be comprehensible
d) Be conscious of what you're saying
e) Go to sleep if you are incapable of all/some of the above
But page 1776?

And each time I doth swear, I said:
"Awesome letsgo"
"Party this Ridley"
"SON OF (a * implied) my Spanish is really ugly"
"Ridley goes to the beach"

BUT I have been "put out" by message boards before... If thou desireth I would split, I will split indeed.

Edit: I forgot "run" and "(other variant of "awesome")" but the waiting has long since become funless; I am greatly impatient and disillusioned to the inclusion of our bamcis dragonic wonder. Therefore as fun with languages has been deemed... Uncomfortable, I prematurely must away!

Just like Dgames might one state, "Good riddance to bad rubbish!"

;)

Last edited:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP

I randomly spotted a documentary the other night in a hotel room about THUNDER BIRDS and their cultural/spiritual significance in indigenous middle-American civilizations and recent (to this day) sightings of pterodactyl like creatures roaming the desert.

I think certain games tend to have more cultural significance/juxtaposition placed upon different locales. Most Australian smashers I know are excessively into Donkey Kong games, I find NA's fetish for Super Mario RPG kinda weird, and eh I don't think Metroid was a popular series/well made aware of around here either (Megaman/Final Fantasy were relatively unheard of games in Ausland in the SNES era as well), I hadn't been aware of many of these games until the Internet-era. I'd say the main reason for this case was localisation either not happening or being significantly behind the rest of the world/less advertised.

Continuing on stereotyping here, but I tend to find the sea references in Japanese-made games a bit excessive too, I guess they really love whales, squids and fishing.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Not really a good example....They're both Pokemon. I'd use the "Captain Falcon was in the Fire Emblem trailer" argument.
Oh yeah, kinda forgot about that. Though I used Charizard for an example to get a excuse for Mewtwo to get a title card, if Mewtwo was tweaked in his moveset pool or something.

AndreaAC

Thank you so much.
42A571_0DAA9DD6B00F2_000.gif

"HAPPY NOW?"

I really don't like too much this stereotype but oh well, that is why I made my Catrin Ridley based on the highest society at the time of the Porfirian reign, and they are also part of the traditional characters from the Day of the Dead....

EDIT: And I know this kind of vest was used on the Mexican Revolution....but I prefer the fancy....

Last edited:

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
I...well, I do what I can...and I have done other stuff besides Rids in here, like, Medusa and Viridi (they made my hand BURN...ask Pacack...) and I feel that what I do is not even enough...plenty of time?:sadeyes: B-but...I WANT TO KNOW EVERYTHING NOW! I get desperate REALLY fast..and young? I'm nearly 20 years old.....in a few months....AND I FEEL REALLY OLD...>___< GODDAMNIT.

Eso me suena a una gran idea! ;D Aunque ya vez como soy....una novata desesperada....Heh...pero me gusta como suena eso de Artistas Pro-Ridley. Yo si me apunto. xD Las siglas están bien largas...

View attachment 23816
"Those are fine...."
Thing is I believe no one, even me, ever feels they have done enough but at least you know your not alone and can share your fears and worries with others I believe that in itself makes life wonderful :)

At least that's what I believe.

Last edited:

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace

Hey, Charizard got in Greninja's trailer, so why not Ridley and Mewtwo?
Real talk If that actually happens then I have a hunch they would be DLC. I know Sakurai is against the idea but it actually make some kind of sense. It explains their absense on the leaked roster (wich many are now assuming is final despite no proof of it), as well as the All Star mode picture from the direct trailer.

These two seem like late additions that people really want so I would not be suprised if Nintendo would try to capitalize on that plus haters have the option to not buy them so its a win/win for all of us. Dont get me wrong Id rather have them be unlockable but im open to this possibility.

AndreaAC

^ Draw a totem pole of various nintendo characters with Ridley at the top :p
[That's exactly what was visually used in that doco I just mentioned]
Heh...I would love to draw that! but it would take me time since I use traditional methods rather than the tablet....but I think it will come unexpected! :)

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I don't mean to alert anyone
But we're almost at page 1800
DANGER ZONE

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
So I went and did some math regarding the sales for this game. Assuming that the 1.8 million views in this thread are all from Ridley supporters, and each of them bought one copy of SSB4 for both versions (the price in this case is $59.99), we will get...

1,883,683 x $59.99 (for one version) = $113,002,143.2

$113,002,143.2 + $113,002,143.2 = $226,004,286.3

$226 million dollars. And this is assuming that each and every one of those viewers is genuinely interested in a playable Ridley. Even if you subtracted 40,000 or one million people from the view count, you'd still get a lot of money out of it. To put this in perspective, this would cover the costs of the development budget of Star Wars: the Old Republic, which had nearly $200 million dollars put into it. It is most expensive video games ever made.

Cha-ching.

Last edited:

Wise Multishine

Luminary
NNID
Omnireader
So I went and did some math regarding the sales for this game. Assuming that the 1.8 million views in this thread are all from Ridley supporters, and each of them bought one copy of SSB4 for both versions (the price in this case is $59.99), we will get...

1,883,683 x $59.99 (for one version) = $113,002,143.2

$113,002,143.2 + $113,002,143.2 = $226,004,286.3

$226 million dollars. And this is assuming that each and every one of those viewers is genuinely interested in a playable Ridley. Even if you subtracted 40,000 or one million people from the view count, you'd still get a lot of money out of it.

Cha-ching.
Oh man. I don't even want to go into the subtraction of money down the line. I'll just say that the only reason games are 60 dollars nowadays is because nobody would make enough money if they weren't. Still. There's no reason Sm4sh won't make a lot of money. It's definitely going to be the Wii U seller.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Oh man. I don't even want to go into the subtraction of money down the line. I'll just say that the only reason games are 60 dollars nowadays is because nobody would make enough money if they weren't. Still. There's no reason Sm4sh won't make a lot of money. It's definitely going to be the Wii U seller.
This was just something that I made up quickly to pass the time. I never even considered the other factors involved with shipping or taxes.

But it is going to be a killer app no matter what.

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
The pic is wrong. It can be taken another way.

D is for Duck Hunt, M for mario (Jr), Doc and DP dont count because they're clones.

3 at the bottom are cut (Wolf, Icies, lucas)
Hm, yeah I think tbr means to be removed, not to be revealed... before release.

Also really baffling at all the people "debunking it", cmon guys just read the text it explains it, not that hard =/

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Fortunately development costs for games aren't anywhere near Hollywood Feature Film levels, as that type of low-turnover for ten of thousands of hours of professional work wouldn't be feasible in any older/hyper-capitalist industries. Like I would say the development costs for both games would've had to be edging towards [ten(s) of] millions of dollars.

Also views wouldn't be unique :p, I couldn't imagine IsmaR having the money laying around to buy a few hundred thousand copies of the game~

Last edited:

AuraShaman

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraShaman
3DS FC
0018-0281-9044
Hey guys! How are thi--oh for pete sake! I leave to take a nap, and you guys start talking about hispanics and getting hyped for a rumored direct! This is Ridley's domain, and you just love to contaminate his office with this :mad088:!

...You guys never change!

Srsly, tho, how do get away with so much when we're this dangerously close?

Top Bottom