• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Justin Little

Smash Ace
Hello, Space Pirates. I just came by here to support Ridley and all things Metroid. I've been fan of the series since Metroid Prime (played the classics later on. I absolutely adored the first and Super Metroid). Despite the leak, I believe both of the big 3 will be in!

Blackflamedragon

Smash Apprentice
Double Posting Warning Received
Seeing as it's a 100% FAN site, and there's not a single scrap of anything Ridley there, I fail to see what you are pointing at. Mind explaining?
I was hoping one of those was ridley
I was sadly mistaken :-(

Off topic back to ridley
Now how do we think about how to unlock him

Last edited by a moderator:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Hello, Space Pirates. I just came by here to support Ridley and all things Metroid. I've been fan of the series since Metroid Prime (played the classics later on. I absolutely adored the first and Super Metroid). Despite the leak, I believe both of the big 3 will be in!
Welcome to the thread! *Insert generic "enjoy your stay" and "don't drink the water" coming your way*

Seeing as it's a 100% FAN site, and there's not a single scrap of anything Ridley there, I fail to see what you are pointing at.
Agreed. Those teased characters means little to Ridley, and since it's as you said, a fan site, it's just from fan speculation from previous leaks. (Except Ganondorf, as of the commercial)

Off topic back to ridley
Play Cruel Smash and get a years worth of KOs playing as Sammy/Zammy. :troll:

Also try to avoid double posting.

Last edited:

The King of Skulls

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4398-9294-7284
I was hoping one of those was ridley
I was sadly mistaken :-(
Oh, don't worry. We all make mistakes. I made a mistake once. I thought K. Rool was going to be in Brawl over Diddy! Oh, how wrong I was...so terribly wrong...

So I hope Ridley at least gets the luxury of making it on the roster. By this point, I wouldn't even mind if he was a clone of Charizard, or even something else stupid...

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I love how those guys at Miiverse don't consider Ridley's presence in the direct as a "tease".
They mean characters that have been officially teased by Nintendo that have been confirmed by other sources

AKA the leak

Ridley was not in the leak, so no spot on the website

yet

Yetiplays

Smash Cadet
I'm a little late to asking this, but, What sparked the Idea/ Rumor the there what be a Direct, or Character Reveal Tommarow?

R0Y

Smash Master
Off topic back to ridley
1000 combined hours of matches or beat Adventure mode on very hard (where he's also the 2nd to final boss) with all other characters.

Last edited:

Zynux

Smash Lord
People taking an obvious parody picture as proof of the final roster :facepalm:

Also this thread is way too popular for it's own good. When did we get so many regular posters?

Also, don't get hyped for a Direct (that probably won't happen), especially if it features Wii U footage. Why? Well, it would be the perfect time to also to finally explain what Ridley does as a boss.

So cool your jets. I will Report any Rising/Spammy Hype trains.

Honestly, I have a hard time imagining that Ridley really is a stage hazard on the Pyrosphere. The apparent size of the shadow, the way the shadow moves and acts and doesn't attack, the fact that we've gone so long without official confirmation of him being a boss, and the fact that we've seen so many pictures and footage of the Pyrosphere with no indication of Ridley's presence...

I could definitely be wrong about this, but I just can't picture Ridley being a boss at this point.
Agreed. While there is a good case to be made of his obvious allusion to a boss and such, it's just bizarre how we've gone so long without seeing Bossley in action. Especially when the Yellow Devil killed a lot of hope for Boss Characters in general, and the fact that the entire premise behind the Pyrosphere has already been explored in Dead or Alive: Dimensions.

Though it doesn't change the possibility that it could still happen. I mean, what if he pulled a Yoshi:

"Here's Ridley, Boss of the Pyrosphere! We held him off for so long because his neck is now even more thin, bent, and unpractical then before!"

Cue me table-flipping:
:laugh:

Well after 2 years of this thread, we will know in 2 weeks. Hype?
Emphasis added to the question mark.

>Implying Andrea is the only artist here.

Poor SchAlternate. :joyful:

Last edited:

BrigadeStuart

Smash Journeyman
Inb4 tomorrow we get even more shadow teasing. Oh joys of joys.
the analysis will be glorious. so glorious. and then people will laugh at it saying people were desperate enough to look at every little nook and cranny to prove ridley still has a chance just like last time when i showed someone on youtube the shadow analysis.

D

Deleted member

Off topic back to ridley
>Play on giant mode.
>Have the opponent be bowser.
>Super mushrooms and the smash ball as the only items.
>Have bowser get the super mushroom as Giga bowser.
Once you do this, Ridley steps on Giga bowser and you have to fight him from there.:troll:

The King of Skulls

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4398-9294-7284
No more shadows! No more! I'm tired of shadows! We got a Shadow of Ridley, Shadow of Doubt, Shadow of Metalface, and even Shadow the Hedgehog! I would be quite content to never see another video game shadow again! In fact, should it be an option, I will disable shadows on my Smash Bros game.

Also, I will personally guarantee that there will be no direct tomorrow/Ridley reveal. Why? Because it's a Tuesday. No one gives a damn about Tuesday.

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
Yeah, it would've been cool if they announced something for tomorrow, Other M US release and stuff.

Oh well, at least we have Other M's European release (in two days). :troll:
And considering that the actual rumor is that we'd be getting an announcement of a direct tomorrow

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Hey I've posted artwork in here that had ...Bigley at least

Edit: Was I reading the wrong page? Someone was talking about Ridley art

Last edited:

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464

Ridley:"Me too big? Just who in the hell do you think I am!"

perhaps my greatest artz yet

Last edited:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
More like:

Ridley: "Fancy meeting you here... Chozo Girl!"
That settles it, I'm going to support Metal Face for Smash 5, use a ton of the same arguments as for Ridley, and see how much of a following I garner. Seriously, the similarities between Metal Face and Ridley are shockingly close.

I kinda want Ridley's voice to be similar to Metal Face's too.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
September 2, 2014
And for today's PotD, a new stage out of nowhere - The Pyrosphere! There are tunnels and stuff, and sometimes a shadow. All of this feels really familiar. Have I accidentally shown off this stage before?

FreeFallUp

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LuigiTroid20
3DS FC
3222-5636-5087
Don't expect any Direct or Ridley reveal via that for tomorrow. The rumor I keep seeing pop up actually refers to the announcement of a Nintendo Direct. If you want more info on what I mean, see here: http://www.gonintendo.com/s/236371-rumor-nintendo-direct-announcement-coming-tomorrow
The article should also link you to its original source.

sniff...it's beautiful...:bluejump:

In any event, it shouldn't be too long till the Japanese gamers leak the truth. Yes. Not too long at all...
*goes insane from the wait*

That Batman table flip has me in stitches. Oh my god. :rotfl:

On a more serious note...

Seriously, guys. The release date is so close. Less than two weeks. Maybe we should hold off on the straw grasping. I seriously can't believe we're here already. Sakurai is going to garner some serious hate if it's all been for nothing. I've always thought that Sakurai knows best when it comes to the roster....So I won't be seriously devastated. Seriously. Twelve. More. Days. And that's assuming there aren't any more leaks. It's seriously crazy to think about.
I think you forgot to mention just how serious you are. Seriously.:troll:

September 2, 2014
And for today's PotD, a new stage out of nowhere - The Pyrosphere! There are tunnels and stuff, and sometimes a shadow. All of this feels really familiar. Have I accidentally shown off this stage before?
Sounds like something Sakurai would do.:troll:

Last edited:

Yetiplays

Smash Cadet
September 2, 2014
It's sad that I could see Sakurai doing this.

Zynux

Smash Lord
Another reason why not to get hyped: Good chance it will only be a Bowser Jr. or DHD showing. (Also, it's just rumors of an announcement, not an actual direct).

-----

Also, I absolutely love browsing through the Leak Group thread now:

"Rumor of a Direct...on Other M's anniversary...? Ohhhhh God! Please don't tell the Ridley thread! PLEASE WHATEVER YOU DO DON'T TELL THE RIDLEY THREAD"

Ridley fans need to chill: every little thing sounds the alarms, and we're getting even more infamous. :laugh:

Lord have mercy. This is the best thing ever.

September 2, 2014
"Pic of the day. Out of nowhere, here are toes from an enemy from Samus's past! We carefully modeled them so that they will shine and glisten from the Pyrosphere's intense lava..."

Last edited:
Top Bottom