• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
Are japan directs usually around the time of english?

Can't wait for NOA to say something.
THE HYPE IS REAL

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Not every villain needs to have a origin story where they started off good or neutral and something turned them dark. The whole tragic back story cliché is starting to get annoying, thanks in no small part to maleficent. I'd rather not have that happen to Ridley anyway, he's meant to be the cunning god of death, not Spyro the dragon's misunderstood space counterpart.
Uh.. I wasn't even suggesting that. It seems you have misunderstood me. Hell, I even said in another part of one of my previous posts about sympathizeable villains being cliched... Though it wouldn't be anymore cliched than Samus's backstory, to be fair. Ridley's backstory being likened to Samus's as far as being the last of their species is about the only thing I would like about it, really.

This seems pretty legit
https://twitter.com/Nintendo/status/504948327532617728

Even if you don't read Japanese, it says Nintendo 3DS Direct in English lol

*Sorry if this isn't Ridley related. But hey, an Direct has potential Ridley news amirite?
I wasn't necessarily disputing the legitimacy of this one. Just, you know..

Last edited:

Poopmin

Smash Ace
NNID
HotelMario
It's taking an awful long time for Nintendo of America to tweet a follow up of that direct. Please don't be japan only, I need this in my life.

Last edited:

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
Does anyone have a list of the Metroid game anniversaries this month?
Just about to ask that.
I think that Other M came out on the 29th here?
Not sure.

EDIT: Prime came out on the 28th in Japan.

Last edited:

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
The possibility of little birdy retaining his former memories can be easily theorized thanks to Metroid's ties to the Alien series. To me Ridley displayed too much intelligence and strategy to be just a simple clone.
Nah I think genetic memory sounds kinda dumb, "I hate you SO much it's in my DNA"
Roidley was certainly intelligent and could clearly see Samus was powerful (And Looked like a giant, delicious burger)
And he used that to his advantage to get more food so he could get big and eat that delicious burger
Although his intelligence clearly deteriorated seeing as he got killed by a Queen Metroid he probably thought he could take on

I guess my take on them is

Ridley: I'm am the best and I'm going to kill everything I hate

Roidley: That looks tasty, THAT looks tasty, That. ESPECIALLY looks tasty I am going to EAT all these things and then I'm gonna get bigger and eat MORE THINGS

I have never felt closer to a clone space dragon

Last edited:

Poopmin

Smash Ace
NNID
HotelMario
Nah I think genetic memory sounds kinda dumb, "I hate you SO much it's in my DNA"
Roidley was certainly intelligent and could clearly see Samus was powerful (And Looked like a giant, delicious burger)
And he used that to his advantage to get more food so he could get big and eat that delicious burger
Although his intelligence clearly deteriorated seeing as he got killed by a Queen Metroid he probably thought he could take on
I don't think he tried to take on a Queen Metroid, I just think he was too weak from the fight with Samus to get up and fly again, so he decided to die fighting. It didn't work though.

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
Compressing yourself into a very small sphere is kind of dumb too. Or scientists bleeding green blood.
Also, Ridley getting killed like that was necessary to create a link to Fusion. Even if Ridley would have fled he'd have to get caught by them anyway, he knew that from a canonical standpoint it wouldn't matter.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Ridley was in Metroid Prime, as Meta Ridley. He served as the penultimate boss of the game.
Oh ok. I got it!
Maybe Meta Ridley on the 28th will get revealed as the Pyrosphere boss for the POTD, then during the direct Ridley will be revealed playable.

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
I must warn people not to get too hyped up over this, I mean Sakurai and Nintendo don't always announce characters alongside anniversaries for certain games that they have been featured in. It would be amazing if Ridley was revealed tomorrow to coincide the Metroid Prime anniversary, but it's probably going to be ending up being the predictable Shulk. What I do think Nintendo should do is reveal Ridley as the penultimate newcomer reveal, and then Shulk just before the Japanese release date, since that would be rather fitting.

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
I'm trying not to get my hopes up for the direct, but DAMMIT something in my head is screaming "RIDLEY RIDLEY RIDLEY". The timing is so perfect too!

Poopmin

Smash Ace
NNID
HotelMario
I must warn people not to get too hyped up over this, I mean Sakurai and Nintendo don't always announce characters alongside anniversaries for certain games that they have been featured in. It would be amazing if Ridley was revealed tomorrow to coincide the Metroid Prime anniversary, but it's probably going to be ending up being the predictable Shulk. What I do think Nintendo should do is reveal Ridley as the penultimate newcomer reveal, and then Shulk just before the Japanese release date, since that would be rather fitting.
If Nintendo knows about the leaks, which they do, they could easily punish us by showing characters we already know further confirming the leak. Or they could acknowledge the little hype to come out of that and show us a character no one outside of Nintendo has ever seen before, i.e Ridley, Mewtwo ect.

Last edited:

T-Hell

Smash Lord
If Nintendo knows about the leaks, which they do, they could easily punish us by showing characters we already know further confirming the leak. Or they could acknowledge the little hype to come out of that and show us a character no one outside of Nintendo has ever seen before, i.e Ridley, Mewtwo ect.
It's not like it's our fault that idiot leaked the thing. That guy is the one to blame, we're just the desperate innocent fans.

So we're finally getting a direct and it's 3DS only and not a General Direct or a Smash Direct. I'm 110% confident that they will have some Smash Bros news as that is the next big 3DS game to come out, perhaps we'll get a veteran like Wario. I can't say I'm 110% confident that we'll get a newcomer though. If they do, I hope it's not one of the leaked ones and is one of the unknown 5 yet to be unlocked, that's exactly the kind of curve ball I think Sakurai enjoys doing..........it's Shulk isn't it....

It's not like it's our fault that idiot leaked the thing. That guy is the one to blame, we're just the desperate innocent fans.
Yep, I hate that mentality. Punish everyone because one idiot decided to spoil the surprise for his/her 15 mins of fame. I'm glad Nintendo hasn't taken this approach....yet.

DeadlyLampshade

Smash Apprentice
Why am I not on that supporter list. o_o

I do kind of hope that leak about Isabelle and Ridley is true. I mean, on one hand Isabelle will probably be to everyone else what dark pit is to me, but. Isabelle.

UnstableBeing

Smash Cadet
Space Pirates/Ridley supporters:
A
-AcanthusLux
-AEM
-Aenglaan
-AetherEch0s
-Afrodude
-afrozenaer0
-aldelaro5
-ARidley
-AncientTobacco
-andimidna
-AndreaAC
-Angelglory
-Anomilus
-APC99
-AquaDork1
-Arcanir
-ArcticWolf
-Ascended
-A'tal Rekramesh
-AuraShaman

B
-BaganSmashBros
-bananija
-Banjodorf
-Ben Holt
-BerryBomber
-berserker01
-bigbro2233
-BKupa666
-Blackmamba618
-BlindFox
-BlueBubbee
-BluePikmin11
-bobadz
-Body Man
-bombers14
-BowserK.Rool
-Bowserlick
-BoxedCookies
-BravadoMan_13
-Bravetriforcer
-Brawler610
-BridgesWithTurtles

C
-CalumG
-CamZilla94
-Capt. Butt Stallion
-Catydoll409
-CCD23
-CardiganBoy
-Carolus Rex
-cephalopod17
-Chase
-Chris Baker
-ChronoBound
-CJReynz1492
-Claire Diviner
-Cobalsh
-CombatScouter
-Connery
-Con0rrr
-coolmancool
-Cpt.
-Crainy
-Crocovile
-Cyberguy64
-CyberWolfJV TheGuy07

D
-D-idara
-DakotaBonez
Dalek_Kolt
-Dark Phazon
-darksamus77
-DarkSouls
-ddd87
-DekuBoy
-DilowcsNollsnn
-dimensionsword64
-dlbpc
-domokl
-domriver
-Dracandros
-drag0nscythe
-Dragalon
-Dragomire
-DraginHikari
-Drclaw411
-DrizzyDrew
-Dromader
-DustyPumpkin

E
-egaddmario
-Eisendrachen
-El Fonz0
-eltaconojado
-Elite Gaymer
-Ember Reaper
-Empyrean
-Enderman_Aura
-EricTheGamerman
-ErictheLone
-Erimir
-ES. Dinah
-Eskelsen
-Exeggutor

F
-FalKoopa
-False Sense
-Farrac
-Fastblade5035
-Final Smash Gamer
-FinalStarmen
-FireEmblemnier
-FirstBlade
-foolssigma
-FooltheFlames
-Fr3aky Fight3r
-FreeFallUp
-Frostwraith

G
-Gam3rALO
-Game&Watcher
-GAMERG0D
-Garteam
-Gaxel
-Geno Boost
-GiantBreadbug
-Ginamudkipz
-Gingerbread Man
-GiornoGiovanna
-Glaciacott
-Glaqux
-Glyphoscythe
-God Robert's Cousin
-Godzillathewonderdog
-Gohan
-GoldenYuiitusin
-GraveEclipse567
-GreenKirby
-Grimnir
-Groose
-GTA_Hater_331
-Guybrush20X6

H
-Hank Hill
-HarryTheChin
-Headcrab Jackalope
-helmsplitter12
-Hero_42
-Hidan
-Homelessvagrant
-Hotfeet444
-HylianHeroBigBoss
-Hyper_Ridley
-Hyral

I
-I_hate_usernames
-IAm2Sarcastic4U
-iam8bit
-Iddis
-Igneous42
-IhaveSonar
-Ike the Killer
-iluvnintendo1983
-imabeast78
-Inawordyes
-Irarius
-IsmaR

J
-JavaCroc
-Jakor
-JediLink
-JhMS
-John12346
-Johnknight1

K
-Kalimdori
-Kamiko
-KankerSore
-Keeshu
-KenithTheGatherer
-Kevandre
-Kevinhend
-KidBuuEatsYou
-kikaru
-Kikwi-Kiwi
-KillerCRS
-Kind Dedede
-KingofPhantoms47
-KingShadow
-Kirbizard
-Kirbunny431
-KMAL
-Koopaul
-kylexv

L
-lanky_gunner
-LaniusShrike
-Lasifer
-LaughingLuigi
-Layupfreak
-LazerRage
-legendofrob1
-LEGOfan12
-leprechaunlink727
-Link_enfant
-LiteTheIronMan
_Little-Mac!!
-Lizardon
-LockFelino
-Lolo Lolo
-LoneR.O.B.
-Lord Danongor
-Louie G.
-Lugubrious
-LunarDistortion
-lurxy

M
-MagnesD3
-majora_787
-Malle
-Mang@Tortle
-Mansana
-MargnetMan23
-Mario_and_Sonic_Guy
-Master of Bones
-MasterofMonster
-MasterWarlord
-Meandpikachu
-Mega Bidoof
-Megadoomer
-Megalon72
-Mega Dunsparce
-Megazero64
-MelMoe
-Meta-Kraid
-MewtwoX825
-Mistermagius
-moneyfrenzy
-MonK4
-MorbidAltruism
-Mr. Mumbles
-Mr.Seven
-MischF
-MSmariosonic
-Mypantisgone
-Myuutsufan4832

N
-N3ON
-NastCF
-Ndayday
-Neanderthal
-Neighbor_Kid
-NeoRidley
-Nietona
-NickerBocker
-Nitro21
-Niko Mar
-NinthWonder
-NJ_Gamer
-NK1046
-No Control
-Norm
-Not Rick.
-NukeA6

O
-Oasis_S
-OblivionWolf
-OcarinaOfDoom
-OctiVick
-O D I N
-Olekidsf
-Omega-Smasher
-Onyx Oblivian
-Opossum
-Oracle_Summon
-oxyborb

P
-Pacack
-papagenos
-PerfectChaos9
-Phaazoid
-Phyvo
-Pieman0920
-Pikablu Pikachu
-pikachugamer21
-Pikmin1211
-pizzadudemanguy
-PokéMurio
-Poopmin
-PostmortemMessiah
-ppbto
-ProjectAngel
-Protom
-PSIguy89
-psyniac_123
-PurpleSpaceDragon

Q
-QuickLava

R
-R_Trigger
-R.O.B.
-RaccoonBL
-Radical Beam
-RadRedi
-RavenKingSage
-Reader
-Rebellious Treecko
-Redgohan147
-RegiGiygas117
-Reila
-Relax Alax
-Reznor
-Ridles the Space Pirate
-Ridley_Prime
-Ridley22
-Ridley1994
-Ridleyfighter
-Ridley won't be playable
-RODO
-RomanceDawn
-Rosalina suporter
-RoseyBetch
-Ryan.
-Ryuma

S
-Sabrewulf238
-Sahfarry
-Sazarith
-ScatmansWorld25
-Scoliosis Jones
-schniderx
-SchAlternate
-Sebz
-Sehnsucht
-SethTheMage
-Shaboba
-Shagadelic_Baby
-Shaking//very
-Shaya
-sheik93
-Shiliski
-shinpichu
-Shinru202
-Shorts
-Shotguner159
-shrooby
-Sid-cada
-Sigran101
-silver_blade001
-SinisterLizard
-skaaaa
-Skiwage
-Smash Daddy
-SmasherMaster
-Smashoperatingbuddy123
-SmashShadow
-SmilingMad
-Sobreviviente
-SolarStar
-Soupenomics
-soviet prince
-Spazzy_D
-SS-bros14
-SS-bSeven
-MischF
-Staarih
-StaffofSmashing
-Star-Lord
-Starphoenix
-Steelia
-stevenchina
-Strider_Bond00J
-StupendousMike
-Substitute
-SuperLittleTY
-SuperMasterHand
-Super Omega Meta Ridley X
-SuperSegaSonicSS
-SureNsync
-SvartWolf
-Swampasaur

T
-Taco Cruise
-TaichiYaegashi
-TBone06
-TCRhade
-TCT~Phantom
-TehEpicRyuga
-Terrazi Terrajin
-Tetra's Tracker
-TewnLeenk
-The Black mage
-TheCreator
-The Curious Volnutt
-TheDivineDeity
-T-Hell
-TheBrainJemin
-TheGalaxyKnight
-thethirdkoopa
-TheJohnMonster
-Thekewlusername
-The Legendary Beast
-The Pizza Guy
-The Real Gamer
-TheSqushiestManatee
-The Soulless One
-TheTuninator
-Therminthral
-TheWozny
-Thor_Hammerschlag
-TitanTeaTime
-ToasterBrains
-ToothiestAura
-Toxicroaker
-Tree Cat
-Trigger123
-TrueBlueHero
-TumblrFamous
-Tweezer Salad
-Typs

U
-U-Throw
-UberMadman
-UltimateWario
-Ultinarok
-UnstableBeing

V
-Vann Accessible
-VenomSymbiote
-Venus of the Desert Bloom
-vicgur
-Vintage Creep
-Volodya
-Vyzor

W
-Waluigi
-Waluigi is too big
-Waluridleykryrool
-Wariofan1
-WayfaringElf
-Wegenbarth
-Welshy91
-Wiiner159
-wildvine47
-WingedSnagret

X
-Xenoblaze
-Xenorange
-XenothiumX
-Xhampi
-Xzsmmc

Y
-Yoichi Hiruma
-Yonder
-yosharioIII
-YoshiandToad
-Young Horsetail
-Youngster Joey

Z
-Z1GMA
-ZanZero
-Zawaz132
-Zekersaurus
-Zekrom101
-Zem-raj
-Zero-X
-ZeroJinKui
-Zhadgon
-Zoroarking
-Zuba Oki
-Zynux
-Zzuxon

Numbers
-0ShadowStories
-3Bismyname
-8-bit Man
-8-peacock-8
-88Hex

Other
- ---
- _R@bid_
- 鉄腕アトム
-.Shìkì
There's always room for more!
*Last updated 6:25 AM central US time
Someone join QuickLava on that list. Seeing him all alone makes me sad.:sadsheep:

Poopmin

Smash Ace
NNID
HotelMario
Nintendo is a little bit mad about all this, and we kind of spread it like wild fire, while it's a small chance they'd reveal anyone maliciously it could still happen. Hence my other idea of actually creating hype with a me character.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
So we're finally getting a direct and it's 3DS only and not a General Direct or a Smash Direct
This was expected, since they showed essentially nothing for the 3DS at E3.

Anyways, let us hope they announce the Direct for NA and Europe, otherwise there is no point in hoping for a Ridley reveal.

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
Why am I not on that supporter list. o_o

I do kind of hope that leak about Isabelle and Ridley is true. I mean, on one hand Isabelle will probably be to everyone else what dark pit is to me, but. Isabelle.
I wouldn't mind Isabelle. I mean she is kind of adorable.
Oh, this all reminds me of a piece of "fanart" I made of her...

Note that I have nothing against her or anything, there was a moment in this thread where deconfirmed characters were often portrayed by artists as getting eaten by Birdley. Sorry if it upsets you.

Last edited:

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Yep, I hate that mentality. Punish everyone because one idiot decided to spoil the surprise for his/her 15 mins of fame. I'm glad Nintendo hasn't taken this approach....yet.
Nintendo certainly strikes me as the type to do that though. Wouldn't be surprised if they did. :\

Back to Ridley though,

edit: Inb4Soullessapprovestheaboveshipping.

Last edited:

Anyways, let us hope they announce the Direct for NA and Europe, otherwise there is no point in hoping for a Ridley reveal.
Agreed, seeing as how the Japanese release is right around the corner I think we'll definitely get Smash bros news that might just consist of showing off a veteran or some new modes. A newcomer would be awesome and since it's close to the Japanese release it's possible we'll get one, but only if it's announced for NA and EU.

Zem-raj

Smash Hero

Well Sakurai revealed Pac-Man behind closed doors at a conference at a US only event (E3), so it's possible.

However, I do agree that if NoA and NoE (and Nintendo UK) don't announce a Direct, Ridley reveal's likely not going to turn up in the Direct.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Well Sakurai revealed Pac-Man behind closed doors at a conference at a US only event (E3), so it's possible.

However, I do agree that if NoA and NoE (and Nintendo UK) don't announce a Direct, Ridley reveal's likely not going to turn up in the Direct.
...one thing has nothing to do with the other, actually.

At any rate, all we can do is wait and hope Ridley somehow is playable and wasn't present on the leaked CSS for some reason.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Nintendo is a little bit mad about all this, and we kind of spread it like wild fire, while it's a small chance they'd reveal anyone maliciously it could still happen. Hence my other idea of actually creating hype with a me character.
Yeah, directly punishing costumers for something they didn't do is exactly what a company like Nintendo would do.

Come the **** on...

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
"Masahiro Sakurai here, today I was gonna give you an announcement of the two most-often requested characters, Metroid's fearsome Ridley and the genetically engineered Pokemon, Mewtwo BUT SOMEONE HAD TO GO LEAK, SO I CHANGED RIDLEY AND MEWTWO A BIT. RIDLEY IS A PALUTENA CLONE AND MEWTWO IS NOW ANOTHER MARTH CLONE, ALSO WE REGRET TO INFORM YOU MEGA MAN IS NO LONGER IN THE GAME BECAUSE CAPCOM WANTED HIM BACK"

Last edited:

CJReynz1492

Smash Rookie
Guys are we positive a direct is coming out tomorrow? Shouldn't it be on the smash bros. site like it was in April? Sorry if this has been brought up and answered already.

CHUBUNATO

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CHUBUNATO
3DS FC
2277-6893-1304
Guys are we positive a direct is coming out tomorrow? Shouldn't it be on the smash bros. site like it was in April? Sorry if this has been brought up and answered already.
Well i think its not a direct for smash, its one for 3ds stuff in general. The only reason why the April Direct was posted on the site was because it was a Smash only direct.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
LOL for what? Is it the same spite that brought us a limited steelbook edition for the game?
Yeah they really must hate us.
I think he was talking about the X and Y leaks. I don't know if they'll really do anything like that for Smash.

But if said leaker still has his copy of the game, we could end up knowing more about Ridley. Either as a playable character, or as a Boss or whatever else.

I think we're getting a 3DS Direct today. But I don't think it'll have much Smash info. And thus, nothing on Ridley.

Well, unless they show off a new Metroid game. But that likely has more to do with Samus than anyone else, obviously.

Last edited:
Top Bottom