• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
So, when do you guys think Ridley will be reviled? i bet my friend $3 that he is playable. Only $3 because thats all I have. XD
He already is reviled. He's also greatly loved, so what's your point? Detractors revile Ridley all the time and can't wait for him to be deconfirmed so they can continue to revile him and spit in the faces of Ridley supporters.

TheGalaxyKnight

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IRNStudios
He already is reviled. He's also greatly loved, so what's your point? Detractors revile Ridley all the time and can't wait for him to be deconfirmed so they can continue to revile him and spit in the faces of Ridley supporters.
I meant announce him.

Bravetriforcer

Smash Ace
Like Snake, I'm stick to the Ridley guns until the crippled director laughs.

After all this time, All the teasing, all the avoidance of his name, all this analysis, and all this time.

To be wasted on a damn gimmick.

That would just be ****ty.

And I like to think Sakurai will do us better this time around.

ZeroJinKui

Smash Journeyman
i cant tell if this is a joke post or not... if not, i know another person im gonna be ignoring.

but anyway, if ridley is EVER revealed as a boss... i think we can forget him ever being playable... because sakurai wouldnt reveal him as a boss before revealing him as a playable character... or if he is both, he'd be revealed as both at once, most likely.

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
i cant tell if this is a joke post or not... if not, i know another person im gonna be ignoring.

but anyway, if ridley is EVER revealed as a boss... i think we can forget him ever being playable... because sakurai wouldnt reveal him as a boss before revealing him as a playable character... or if he is both, he'd be revealed as both at once, most likely.
I think I can shed some light on this for you:

re·vile
riˈvīl/
verb
  1. criticize in an abusive or angrily insulting manner.
With context, you can see the joke I hope. =)

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503

re·vile
riˈvīl/
verb
I.e. my feelings regarding a certain creampuff. ;)

Also, Ridley's not going to be a boss, people! Much as my personal philosophy forbids it, Sakurai's in business, he can't POSSIBLY be that stupid!

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Well..kind of....I just came up with it in minutes.....but it is literally me...in a way.....and sometimes I have that expression...and I actually have a "bite" mark on my left ear...I wear glasses....and I have short hair, kinda messy.

sigh...I found a way to practice, I make a "skeleton" using a brush that looks like a pen that has gradients depending on the pressure, and I later use the brush that looks like a pencil trace. I have tried to do that for the Ridley and Roidley stuff, but without success.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

re·vile
riˈvīl/
verb
I was joking. :p

I.e. my feelings regarding a certain creampuff. ;)

Also, Ridley's not going to be a boss, people! Much as my personal philosophy forbids it, Sakurai's in business, he can't POSSIBLY be that stupid!
Agreed on both accounts. I revile Jigglypuff, and I agree, Sakurai's not that stupid. If Ridley wasn't playable, he'd have never teased him in the first place, or just outright showed Ridley as a boss clear as day. Ridley's playable.

Mansana

Smash Apprentice
And it's almost the end of August. Metroid month is coming to a close. We probably won't here any news till almost release. Keep up your hopes, I believe! Ridley, our Space Pirate ruler, I'm never gonna give you up.

I took the smash hype train, going anywhere! DON'T STOP BELIEVING!

Also can someone add me to the support list? It's been a long 13 years.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Well..kind of....I just came up with it in minutes.....but it is literally me...in a way.....and sometimes I have that expression...and I actually have a "bite" mark on my left ear...I wear glasses....and I have short hair, kinda messy.

sigh...I found a way to practice, I make a "skeleton" using a brush that looks like a pen that has gradients depending on the pressure, and I later use the brush that looks like a pencil trace. I have tried to do that for the Ridley and Roidley stuff, but without success.
e14.png
A bite mark, you say? Must be a hell of a story. Or maybe it's really boring, I dunno.

Also, congrats on making the tablet agree with you slightly.

Ridles the Space Pirate

Smash Journeyman
I was joking. :p

Agreed on both accounts. I revile Jigglypuff, and I agree, Sakurai's not that stupid. If Ridley wasn't playable, he'd have never teased him in the first place, or just outright showed Ridley as a boss clear as day. Ridley's playable.
I agree with Jiggs, though I wish I could share your 100% certainty of Ridley.

AndreaAC

View attachment 23282 A bite mark, you say? Must be a hell of a story. Or maybe it's really boring, I dunno.

Also, congrats on making the tablet agree with you slightly.
Heh...I think I just inherited the "bite" mark from my father and grandfather....yup...simple.

Yeah....it kind of worked, but I still suck with it. :/ and I would try to think on some antics with Roidley and Ridley...but my humor has gone.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Heh...I think I just inherited the "bite" mark from my father and grandfather....yup...simple.

Yeah....it kind of worked, but I still suck with it. :/ and I would try to think on some antics with Roidley and Ridley...but my humor has gone.
Ridley giving Roidley a piggy-back ride.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
^u^ thanks for the idea!....I will see if I can do it, because like I said before, my humor is gone.:drsad:
I got tons left, call me if you need a refill. I've always loved the idea of a slightly more humorous Ridley, and I think it's what we'll get, and what is most fitting for, Smash Bros. Serious most of the time, but with bursts of humor that just make everyone love the character.

AndreaAC

I got tons left, call me if you need a refill. I've always loved the idea of a slightly more humorous Ridley, and I think it's what we'll get, and what is most fitting for, Smash Bros. Serious most of the time, but with bursts of humor that just make everyone love the character.
you know what? I got convinced....I'm gonna draw the idea! ^u^

AndreaAC

xD @Skyblade12 I tried it...

SCAN0271.JPG

Roidley started crying out loud...so if Ridley wanted him to shut up...partially...he had to give him a piggyback ride...

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
PotD is up. Nothing interesting we didn't know about (thanks to the leak), but still no Ridley. I can sleep another night without concern. Let's keep it that way Sakurai.

Ragna22

Smash Ace
I believe in the idea of proving people wrong through actions so that's why I want Ridley in, I WANT Sakurai to show the people that size doesn't matter in Smash, I WANT Miiverse to get set on fire the moment we find out Ridley is in, I WANT the Ridley haters to be like "....Okay he's kinda cool."

I'll admit I used to be one of those guys who thought his Pyrosphere appearence killed his chances at being playable after the Smash Direct but then I eventually remembered the whole Toon Link and Spirit Tracks situation and that's when I came up with this. If Ridley happens to become playable, the boss Ridley in Pyrosphere could very easily be swapped out for one of Ridley's many clones throughout the Metroid series, so with that said, bring on Ridley.

AuraShaman

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraShaman
3DS FC
0018-0281-9044
I believe in the idea of proving people wrong through actions so that's why I want Ridley in, I WANT Sakurai to show the people that size doesn't matter in Smash, I WANT Miiverse to get set on fire the moment we find out Ridley is in, I WANT the Ridley haters to be like "....Okay he's kinda cool."

I'll admit I used to be one of those guys who thought his Pyrosphere appearence killed his chances at being playable after the Smash Direct but then I eventually remembered the whole Toon Link and Spirit Tracks situation and that's when I came up with this. If Ridley happens to become playable, the boss Ridley in Pyrosphere could very easily be swapped out for one of Ridley's many clones throughout the Metroid series, so with that said, bring on Ridley.
I definately wish the keyword motive for the fanbase would change from vengeance to justice. Vengeance seems too strong of a word to use as an excuse to make Ridley playable. Justice, on the other hand, should mean all the meanest detractors are put in their place, or in other words, be brought to justice for their prejudice.

Ridley has become a positive symbol for the fans in all these years; I hope to keep it positive.

Last edited:
Top Bottom