• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
A Smash direct has been confirmed for the 29th!
Source...?
Is this absolutely ture? Link?
Evidence is everything in court, Phoenix. Check the Court Record and use the Present button to present your evidence.
Second time a fake Twitter account announced a Nintendo Direct. That's all it is, although they made it very believable (like last time). Last time most people missed it, but Wiidude sent it to me and I saw it before it was taken down.

I still think Ridley is in, but despite all the Kremling teases it seems K. Rool won't krush the kompetition in this one... I still have hope, but very little. Ridley still seems extremely likely, although there are mixed comments on it.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
So wait, basically...the leak being true means Ridley confirmed?

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
This leak is soooooooooooooooooooooooo cool:

Dr. Mario: mehh
Dark Pit: gross
Dixie: I prefered King. K rool but w.e.
Shulk: ew gross
DHD: awwwwwwwwwwwww yehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Bowser Jr.: **** yeah
Mach Rider: awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww yehhhhhh
Mewtwo: sweeet!
Ridley:
ayeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee <333333333333
Did the guy that leaked the videos say Machrider/Dixie/Mew2/Ridley? Or was it some other annomous guy?

Please someone fill me in please..

Were is this MachRidleyTwoXie stuff coming from and how is it linked?

Sorry please help is the still hope?
because if its another annonomous i just say its backriding like people did with Gematsu.

Weavel

Smash Ace
I haven't been more unsatisfied with a character roaster in my entire life. This roaster is ****ing terrible.

Where is the so called evidence for Ridley's inclusion? I can't seem to find anything with the so called leaks.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Well done fake-outs/genuine leaks and Smash fans don't go together. If it is real, I have a feeling someone is gonna lose their job, and rightfully so.
They are going to get fired so fast it'll make their head spin.

But when it comes to Ridley, we'll still have to play the waiting game with him. If the other parts of these leaks hold up, then he's likely in. At the very least, we do know that the leaked roster we've seen isn't every character in Smash 4. So that's enough to be hopeful about for now.

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
There's apparently a "special announcement" from Nintendo coming tomorrow. Livestreamed. At 6 AM PST. While I'm at school. Damn it.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=do1jqY6k4M4 (towards the end). That's all I have for a source so far, but I've asked in the comments of the video a few minutes ago for where the actual source is. Sorry this isn't much to go off of.

EDIT: Nevermind, it was for Pokemon. False Alarm. Why the hell they'd put that in a Smash video is beyond me. Sorry for that.

Last edited:

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
It was a bit sad to see us get so down so briefly about the unlikely possibility of Ridley not being in. Good to see you've remembered the even tougher times we've been through - the Pyrosphere reveal, the infamous shadow and all the many detractors. But of course, this song basically sums us up well.
We've gotten to this point through our sheer stubbornness tenacity, and we won't be stopped. Not until September 13th. And if he's absent for whatever reason, then we just have Sakurai to blame for making such a bizarre decision to stay quiet on the topic of a particularly controversial character. But right now, a leak isn't stopping us any time soon. Amen to that.

Weavel

Smash Ace
If all is said is true, Sakurai is the biggest troll in gaming history. He could have disproved Ridley at any time but he just messed with us.

Crainy

Smash Apprentice
Ridley is basically more confirmed now than hes ever been.

Last edited:

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
It's n
I haven't been more unsatisfied with a character roaster in my entire life. This roaster is ****ing terrible.

Where is the so called evidence for Ridley's inclusion? I can't seem to find anything with the so called leaks.
It's not ogre yet.

Ike the Killer

Smash Cadet
The funny thing is the Leak is actually supporting us saying Ridley is playable xDDD

But I dont need a Leak for that, I have always believing and will do until he appears in my screen with "CONFIRMED, CHALLENGER APPROACHING"

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Thing I found.

Pretty much how I feel about this whole mess.

This just feels so wrong.

All of it.

Whether or not Ridley is in (which would lift up my hopes a bit), I still feel sorry for Sakurai.

Sigh... I need a break. See ya, peeps.

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
The funny thing is the Leak is actually supporting us saying Ridley is playable xDDD
And yet, that doesn't make it any more or less reliable. Ridley is in, because it would be a suicidally bad move on Sakurai's part to do otherwise. Any leak, whether it confirms this suspicion or not, is irrelevant unless and until corroborated by the official channels.

Three weeks. Fasten down your crash webbing. :evil:

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
If Ridley gets in and K. Rool doesn't, I'm gonna be happy on one hand and very, very bummed on the other. I feel like they should go hand in hand in terms of being playable characters, and the K. Rool thread is now starting to turn on Ridley. Be prepared for that if this is to be 100% true. In terms of leaks, however, this has to be either at least partially true or an incredibly elaborate or detailed fake that someone should be proud of. I just want Ridley at this point, I don't care about the rest of it. Watch Sakurai's next newcomer trailer feature Ridley and the Ice Climbers and blow this leak to smithereens.

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Thing I found.

All of it.

Whether or not Ridley is in (which would lift up my hopes a bit), I still feel sorry for Sakurai.

I honestly can't feel bad about a man that made us go through this:

And this:

AbioFlesh

Smash Lord
Thing I found.

All of it.

I saw this earlier, made me feel depressed. This is why I hate nerds who take developers of their precious little games for them to fight and fanboy over for granted. Sorry I went on a little tangent.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
If Ridley gets in and K. Rool doesn't, I'm gonna be happy on one hand and very, very bummed on the other. I feel like they should go hand in hand in terms of being playable characters, and the K. Rool thread is now starting to turn on Ridley. Be prepared for that if this is to be 100% true. In terms of leaks, however, this has to be either at least partially true or an incredibly elaborate or detailed fake that someone should be proud of. I just want Ridley at this point, I don't care about the rest of it. Watch Sakurai's next newcomer trailer feature Ridley and the Ice Climbers and blow this leak to smithereens.
As far as I have seen, the K. Rool thread hasn't turned on Ridley at all. I read almost every post in that thread, and I haven't seen one thing going against Ridley. Sometimes the K. Rool thread bashes other threads, but its not as often as people make it out to be, the main concern the K. Rool thread has is that A.) DK's true enemies come back to the franchise, and B.) DK gets proper representation in Smash Bros.

If the K. Rool thread is hating on anyone, its Sakurai for making the decision to give crappy DK representation. And even then the K. Rool thread is happy at least that Sakurai acknowledged the Kremlings whereas Retro and Nintendo even abandonded them.

As for Ridley... well, if the other related leaks are true I at least have Ridley (and probably Dixie Kong) to look forward to. I still think Ridley and K. Rool should go hand-in-hand, though. They both deserve to be on this roster.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
I honestly can't feel bad about a man that made us go through this:

And this:
Hey, at least he was trying to build hype and make a spectacular reveal (at least I assume so)

Now this ****** comes up and ****s all over his work and ruin the surprise to everyone.

Man, I just feel confused about this, I need to rest a bit. Stress is killing me.

SkyHighPie101

Smash Rookie
Hello! I've been watching this thread for the past 1100 pages or so, and I finally have the courage to say something. I'm a big (no pun intended) time Ridley supporter and I wanted to pop in before all of these leaks appeared (looks like I'm too late :p).

CHUBUNATO

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CHUBUNATO
3DS FC
2277-6893-1304
Thing I found.

All of it.

Really i feel the same about all leaks, they just take the fun out of things being revealed by the creators themselves. Leakers are really douches and need to have they pants pulled down then be spanked with moonrocks.

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
He's just preparing us for the party.
I'm just saying, I don't mind Sakurai getting a taste of his own medicine, he has put a lot of stress on top of us through these last two years...a little eye for an eye doesn't hurt from time to time. Especially when the man has attacked the Ridley fanbase so hard, it doesn't matter if Ridley's playable, no one deserves to go through what we have gone.

Last edited:

Dragalon

Smash Cadet
Hello! I've been watching this thread for the past 1100 pages or so, and I finally have the courage to say something. I'm a big (no pun intended) time Ridley supporter and I wanted to pop in before all of these leaks appeared (looks like I'm too late :p).
welcome friend, just remember we're all in this together...
and don't drink the water

Malle

Smash Apprentice
I agree, it is a shame, but at the same time I think the tease has been way long overdue, it kinda lost its hype.

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Hey, at least he was trying to build hype and make a spectacular reveal (at least I assume so)

Now this ****er comes up and ****s all over his work and ruin the surprise to everyone.

Man, I just feel confused about this, I need to rest a bit. Stress is killing me.
Don't get me wrong, I'm with you on the whole 'burn leakers' thing, I just feel like we shouldn't be apologizing over well-earned retribution, even if it came through less-than-ideal means. Smashboards is melting and the Ridley thread's the one with the largest amount of pages and discussion, so if Sakurai doesn't add Ridley, he made a mistake.

Thermithral

Smash Journeyman
NNID
blahara
3DS FC
1375-7535-6452
Switch FC
6524 3241 3725
I'm just saying, I don't mind Sakurai getting a taste of his own medicine, he has put a lot of stress on top of us through these last two years...a little eye for an eye doesn't hurt from time to time. Especially when the man has attacked the Ridley fanbase so hard, it doesn't matter if Ridley's playable, no one deserves to go through what we have gone.
When did he do that, or did I miss something? Even if he did, I doubt the "stress" of a characters treatment compares to the literal, physical pain he is in working on the game. Just my thoughts, anyway.

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
Also, just wanted to point this out, Nintendo KNOWS these kind of thing leak, they learned it with X/Y, it's entirely possible that characters like Ridley and Mewtwo weren't in this build so the most hype-inducing characters couldn't be leaked, they aren't Wario or suggestive trophies that would make the game's rating go up. Just throwing my 2 cents

Ike the Killer

Smash Cadet
I agree, it is a shame, but at the same time I think the tease has been way long overdue, it kinda lost its hype.
I dont see how the hype has got lost xDDD THIS TOPIC HAS OVER 16000 PAGES xDDD We will ALWAYS be here supporting Ridley and he knows, thats why he can do this teaser

hotcrumpets

Smash Journeyman
Ridley is basically more confirmed now than hes ever been.
Pretty much this, if that 4chan leak is true than he is in the game as a playable character, and its looking very likely now that the 4chan leak is real.

Top Bottom