• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Ike the Killer

Smash Cadet
I can already hear Ridley´s famous scream (Which btw I havent found ANYWHERE to download :C), grabbing Mario and saying "THIS IS FOR NOT BEING PLAYABLE FOR 28 YEARS!" or Mii Figthers with hater´s face.

Seriously, I cant wait Ridley to be revealed xDDD If you stop believing then the haters have won

Dragalon

Smash Cadet
double plot twist it turns out that the leaker is actually a ridley shaped robot controlled by none other than the original blob people who were supposed to be the characters of super smash brothers 1!

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
Of the two versions of remaining character leaks I've seen; Chorus men vs Impa/Mach Rider, I would have a huge guess to say at least Mewtwo, Ridley, and Dixie are a lock.

If Fire Emblem and Kid Icarus got more than 2 reps so should Dk and Metroid. If Mario has 7 reps in addition to bringing back a melee clone, then Pokemon should have at least 6 reps wih Mewtwo being the final.

TheWozny

Smash Ace
NNID
Woznito
So on one side, we have a very legit looking leak with golden ties to Ridley being confirmed...
And on the other, we have the subtle hints from Sakurai and Ridley being confirmed.
Or we have Sakurai thinking Dr. Mario deserves it over Ridley, which I doubt.

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
Warning Received
Paper Mario would have to be a completely new character, while Dr. Mario is just a reused Melee char. Don't get the people mad about his inclusion.

I also can't believe some think the leak is fake/a Brawl mod. Denial at maximum levels. huh?

Oh well, hoping that thing about Ridley, Dixie, Mach Rider and Impa is legit. Don't care about Impa, but Ridley, Dixie and Mach Rider would be hype.
because who wanted lucina to be a clone in the 1st place? people wanted characters with a diverse moveset. plus paper mario has representation in smash 4 with his stage, dr. mario doesn't have jack crap! dark pit would also be a clone of pit. clones are a waste of characters! there are other characters that are way more demanding than dr. mario and dark pit and ridley is one of them and even mewtwo was the most requested veteran from melee to return, not dr. mario! it doesn't make any sense at all!

Last edited:

Mansana

Smash Apprentice
Ridley or not, Crashboards is almost upon us. Prepare yourselves for when the day comes.

Last edited:

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
One thing that rubbs me the wrong way a lot lately is, IF pyrosphere REALLY is Wii U exclusive... I mean i cannot imagine that Smash 4 3DS wouldn't have Ridley in it, and that would be the case if Pyrosphere was Wii U exclusive...I can see sakrai being an idiot and even after all this pulling the "Ridley is a Stageboss, duh" card, but i cannot see him being like "One of the most requested characters for smash? let's only put him into ONE version of the game! Wouldn't that be delightful!"

AuraShaman

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraShaman
3DS FC
0018-0281-9044
Honestly...

I hope Ridley is playable. The more the merrier. I'm on the supporter side, but my logic center just tells me otherwise.

Here's to hoping.
That...that, my friend, are the words of redemption right there.

Welcome to the team. Here's to Ridley as playable and not a Wii U exclusive boss!

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
Alright, so I went and checked the picture's error levels (whatever those might be) and got these results (warning, if you don't like neon artwork of Isabelle getting eaten by Birdley, don't watch!).
1. Birdley "eating" Midna. Still as gruesome as ever, yuck. High contrast seems to tick it off?
2. Today's PotD. I can't make anything of this mess, but I think we can all agree that it looks awesome. Does this mean they photoshop their images?
3. The picture of that loud mouthed leaker. Blank. Nothing.
4-5. All leaked images from that one album. Nothing I think.
6. Neon Birdley murder party wooo!!! It looks even more frightening.
7. Hey, that's me!

Conclusion? Error level analysis stuff makes your wallpapers at least 30% more awesome. And, uh, I don't know really. It seems that image hasn't been manipulated? I don't know, put your trust in it or not. I'm just going to sit back and relax anyway, I'm not worried about Ridley's inclusion. Or maybe I am. I'm being very bipolar about this.

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
Sakurai, Nintendo, if you are here and Reading this, please:

Announce a Smash direct and make sure Ridley is show playable! Please! Destroy the August leak monster like you did the Gematsu leak monster! Please!

ddd87

Smash Journeyman
One thing that rubbs me the wrong way a lot lately is, IF pyrosphere REALLY is Wii U exclusive... I mean i cannot imagine that Smash 4 3DS wouldn't have Ridley in it, and that would be the case if Pyrosphere was Wii U exclusive...I can see sakrai being an idiot and even after all this pulling the "Ridley is a Stageboss, duh" card, but i cannot see him being like "One of the most requested characters for smash? let's only put him into ONE version of the game! Wouldn't that be delightful!"
But thats what makes the WiiU special! The 3DS get Kraid and WiiU gets Ridley! You Metriod, or whatever is called, fans should be thankful your franchise is getting soooo much love from me!

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Alright, so I went and checked the picture's error levels (whatever those might be) and got these results (warning, if you don't like neon artwork of Isabelle getting eaten by Birdley, don't watch!).
1. Birdley "eating" Midna. Still as gruesome as ever, yuck. High contrast seems to tick it off?
2. Today's PotD. I can't make anything of this mess, but I think we can all agree that it looks awesome. Does this mean they photoshop their images?
3. The picture of that loud mouthed leaker. Blank. Nothing.
4-5. All leaked images from that one album. Nothing I think.
6. Neon Birdley murder party wooo!!! It looks even more frightening.
7. Hey, that's me!

Conclusion? Error level analysis stuff makes your wallpapers at least 30% more awesome. And, uh, I don't know really. It seems that image hasn't been manipulated? I don't know, put your trust in it or not. I'm just going to sit back and relax anyway, I'm not worried about Ridley's inclusion. Or maybe I am. I'm being very bipolar about this.
At least you are getting entertained with those pics....while I'm trying to think on something to do, but I have lost the inspiration...

Q2A571_0D6FBB6A6A92E_000.gif

"Yeah, sometimes it does not come to you, no matter how hard you try."

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
That reminds me, Sakurai confirmed that the Megaman stage with the Yellow Devil from the wii u would also be on 3ds. And going by the leaked stages (which, while I don't think is 100% true, but it dose hold some ground now), there ways no Pyroshere. Now, if they added the Megaman stage with yellow Devil to the 3ds version, why wouldn't they do the same with Pyrosphere if Ridley is a boss? And it's not like they couldn't, considering in was on the 3ds platform at one point (dead or alive dimension)

This actually makes playable Ridley more likely. And that makes me happy.

Last edited:

Mansana

Smash Apprentice
I think Ridley is probably DLC if the leak turns out to be 100% confirmed. I mean there could also be the possiblity of Ridley's coding is in the game just yet not activated like Diancie and others from X&Y. I'm sure Sakurai wants to reveal more news through out the year till Wii U release so I would not be surprised if he keeps some content left out to create hype. I mean the 3DS version could have Ridley as DLC while the Wii U version can have him fully included within the disc. Not all hope is lost. Remember this could be one of the few first instances where Nintendo has attempted to make DLC on a main console and most, if not all, have been free.

SolarKirby

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SolarKirby
Too lazy to read the rest of the pages, and someone probably already posted this, but here ya go.

If you are wondering, there was a code that the leaker himself had for people to decipher, and someone decoded it and brought them to this page. Obviously, we can't trust it for sure...But just food for thought. I think we should be feeling confident guys...I can almost see our playable Ridley rising from the heavens...

Charyou Tree

Smash Rookie
NNID
jackmc32
Hey guys, I don't post often but I am now. It's pretty awesome that the person who started the leak has apparently said that Ridley will be in the game (along with Mewtwo). Basically I'm just posting to say that my hype level has reached a maximum and I can't wait for Smash to come out. On a side note; I know this has been said before, but if Ridley is playable, his moveset needs to be brutal. Obviously no one wants him to be OP (or UP), but in order to represent him well, he needs to be very threatening to play against. I think a good side B that represents what I mean would be an attack like Meta Knight's, that becomes a command grab if you either land it at the very end of the move, or maybe press B again as you make contact. Maybe even make it a move that acts as a normal side special, but can be cancelled by a grab. With good timing, that could be very powerful, but if you miss the timing (or the opponent dodges etc) you would be wide open to attack while you're grabbing at the air.

JayJay55

Smash Journeyman
Lol, Nintendo of America has already put copyright claims on the leaked videos.

Meanwhile, we still want Ridley.

Edit: :4greninja:'d because of lag........Crashboards is upon us..

Last edited:

Bravetriforcer

Smash Ace
ESRB leak legit completely?

The videos are being taken down by Ninteninjas?

All-Star mode locked?

No obvious place for Ridley to go as a boss on 3DS with Brinstar as the Metroid stage and Kraid as a Smash Run boss?

MFL says Ridley and All Star says "And a newcomer from another series" that he suspiciously doesn't name?

Last edited:

AuraShaman

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraShaman
3DS FC
0018-0281-9044
Warning Received
I just noticed something in one of the pictures! You know the image with Master Hand appearing? On the bottom screen, his sprite looks eerily similar to his first appearance in SSE.

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
We have now Shulk that is a mashup of cloned abilities and derp face pretty much confirmed, and if that guy that made the videos was also behind the "code"... Hail...Ridley...i guess? But with how shulk turned out i really see Ridley becoming a Charizard clone...Damn you Sakurai where did your devotion for the game like you showed with Robin though?! (Here is hoping the video is extremely outdated...)

The second coming of Falcondork is upon us!

ddd87

Smash Journeyman
Warning Received
And when I thought NoA couldn't be any more incompetent... Way to go guys, why don't you confirm the ****ing leak yourself while you are at it?

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
I don't know what to think anymore, just posted my depressing thoughts in K. Rool's thread, but Ridley on the other hand, less depressed about. One more unnamed newcomer that doesn't fit anywhere else, all of the teasing that's been done for Ridley, I mean come on, we still have one last glimmer of hope to hold on to. And NOA royally screwed the pooch by taking down the videos, which spells victory for the leak unfortunately it seems (Unless and I doubt this now I've seen video proof, this is still somehow a fake). The next two weeks are going to be hell waiting to see what unfolds. But all of our agony, all of our patience, all of our hype, it can't have been for nothing can it? I sure as hell hope not, I want to see Ridley playable damn it!

RidleyDX

Smash Ace
I still have the leak vids on a separate tab iam never letting go!!!

Ok Sakurai reveal Ridley as playable at last so people can get hype again.

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
Hey Space Pirates, I have returned :D I hope that Ridley still has a chance in being playable, since having Bowser Jr. (who looks stupid judging from the "leaked" videos, I would elaborate but this isn't the thread for that), Dark Pit (Pit clone), Doctor Mario (another clone), and Duck Hunt Dog get in before Ridley, King K. Rool, Dixie, Mewtwo, and other popular unique characters would be rather insulting to be honest (seriously 7 Mario reps. 7?!). If Ridley isn't in the original roster, he should be at least one of the DLC characters, not the clones and Ice Climbers (seriously why is there Ice Climber content in the game but not the reps themselves?). We're seriously due for a bimonthly Nintendo Direct, and since August is one of those months (which it also happens to be the end of the month this week), Sakurai and Nintendo sure seem to be pushing it time wise. Hopefully Nintendo will announce playable Ridley soon. Whilst I agree that people tend to go too far and say "Ridley is definitely 100% playable", it's kinda both Sakurai's fault and the fanbase's fault for mishandling Ridley and assuming things without taking caution, respectively (if he's just a boring, slow form, plagiarised form of a hazard boss that hardly attacks or moves and is more or less a piñata which goes against his character). Yes Sakurai has the right to reveal stuff whenever he wants, but when a certain character that's meant to be a boss is the only one "revealed" to not have been elaborated about after all this time, it's just taking the Mickey, and Sakurai's slightly responsible for the backlash that he gets from his decisions. If Ridley really is just a boss, Sakurai has some major explaining to do.

Ike the Killer

Smash Cadet
Well, every legal action taking towards leaks drives us closer to palyable Ridley ;D So be happy we finally get him revealed at this rate x3

Beanybunny

Smash Cadet
NNID
atombeany
3DS FC
2019-9824-4588
This whole thing is just maddening...I wish whoever's behind it all would just prove/disprove Ridley already and get it over with. ;w;

Doesn't help that I'm at work and can't be here refreshing the page nonstop either...lol

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Wasn't there already a direct this month? It was a Hyrule warriors direct. does that count as the august direct or can we still expect something more?

Exegguter

Smash Lord
This leak is soooooooooooooooooooooooo cool:

Dr. Mario: mehh
Dark Pit: gross
Dixie: I prefered King. K rool but w.e.
Shulk: ew gross
DHD: awwwwwwwwwwwww yehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Bowser Jr.: **** yeah
Mach Rider: awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww yehhhhhh
Mewtwo: sweeet!
Ridley:
ayeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee <333333333333

Thermithral

Smash Journeyman
NNID
blahara
3DS FC
1375-7535-6452
Switch FC
6524 3241 3725
So, I'm noticing ever since this information became aware to us Smash fan in general, a lot of the threads seem to be acting a lot more entitled and universally slamming the game because their specific character was not confirmed, a certain DK characters thread in particular seems to be guilty of this. Because, you know, one character not being in suddenly makes the game a waste of time and not worthy of holding the same name, as well as Sakurai needed to never be allowed to work on it again. :rolleyes:

My point being, I'm glad this thread was never guity of that kind of reaction, and I'm glad I can continue to support Ridley, without having to feel ashamed to be grouped with you. :D

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
If the decoded part of the leak is real and Ridley and Dixie are in I'll be pretty happy with the game.

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
Wasn't there already a direct this month? It was a Hyrule warriors direct. does that count as the august direct or can we still expect something more?
That was a game specific direct. Usually Nintendo do a main Direct for news for previously announced titles, as well as possibly announce new ones. A game specific direct wouldn't stop Nintendo from doing a main Direct with SSB content in it, unless of course we get a SSB specific Direct again. Hopefully Nintendo haven't forgotten about a new Direct, and said Direct will hopefully feature Ridley announced as playable.

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
Holy crap....... guys, think about it.

Maybe this was all intentional.
Maybe the point of the leak was to lower everyone's expectations, to make them loose hype, and then when all seems lost......

BAM!
RIDLEY MAKES HIS BIG DEBUT!
(and as a bonus)
MEWTWO RETURNS!

Hype is restored and everyone is happy a

BrigadeStuart

Smash Journeyman
So, I'm noticing ever since this information became aware to us Smash fan in general, a lot of the threads seem to be acting a lot more entitled and universally slamming the game because their specific character was not confirmed, a certain DK characters thread in particular seems to be guilty of this. Because, you know, one character not being in suddenly makes the game a waste of time and not worthy of holding the same name, as well as Sakurai needed to never be allowed to work on it again. :rolleyes:

My point being, I'm glad this thread was never guity of that kind of reaction, and I'm glad I can continue to support Ridley, without having to feel ashamed to be grouped with you. :D
unfortunately people think that the ridley supporters are the main ones who think the leak is fake. so many liked posts to those comments....

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
That was a game specific direct. Usually Nintendo do a main Direct for news for previously announced titles, as well as possibly announce new ones. A game specific direct wouldn't stop Nintendo from doing a main Direct with SSB content in it, unless of course we get a SSB specific Direct again. Hopefully Nintendo haven't forgotten about a new Direct, and said Direct will hopefully feature Ridley announced as playable.
There wasn't a regular direct the month of the smash bros. direct. Maybe they only sometimes do one regular and one game specific. Let's hope though!

Top Bottom