• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

NeraBriscoletti

Smash Cadet
NNID
Dragon_Quester72
3DS FC
0232-8277-7597
Hey, every-oh darn it, another leak...

Thing I found.

Pretty much how I feel about this whole mess.

This just feels so wrong.

All of it.

Whether or not Ridley is in (which would lift up my hopes a bit), I still feel sorry for Sakurai.

Sigh... I need a break. See ya, peeps.
Thanks for making me feel sorry for Sakurai, everybody!

.....again.

I don't know what happened... Just pretend this post doesn't exist, please...

Last edited by a moderator:

Ragna22

Smash Ace
Really i feel the same about all leaks, they just take the fun out of things being revealed by the creators themselves. Leakers are really douches and need to have they pants pulled down then be spanked with moonrocks.
Are we any better for spoiling ourselves? I mean yeah guys like this who leak information like this, it's kinda bad but people like us are making the decision to see these leaks, I understand that Sakurai didn't want this but I just feel like if you're gonna play the blame game and put it on the leaker that's fine, but we're just as guilty for looking at it, that's how I see it.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Hello! I've been watching this thread for the past 1100 pages or so, and I finally have the courage to say something. I'm a big (no pun intended) time Ridley supporter and I wanted to pop in before all of these leaks appeared (looks like I'm too late :p).
Don't worry, we still love you; better late than never. Welcome to the boards friend, Ridley 4evah

just realized that was quite musical

Are we any better for spoiling ourselves? I mean yeah guys like this who leak information like this, it's kinda bad but people like us are making the decision to see these leaks, I understand that Sakurai didn't want this but I just feel like if you're gonna play the blame game and put it on the leaker that's fine, but we're just as guilty for looking at it, that's how I see it.
I have a serious condition called clickonanythingthatlookslikeaspoiler. It's chronic, and often deadly. If I don't click on any spoiler I see, I could come to serious harm, or die. So yes, I blame the leaker for putting such materials out for my eyes. (THANK YOU LEAKER)

I do feel bad for sakurai, though. He does such a good job of building hype. Hell, if Ridley is playable, at this point, it'll be one of the greatest character reveals ever, after going through a year of boss teasing, then exclusion from such a big leak.

Last edited:

iamresh

Smash Apprentice
NNID
VivillonDoe
3DS FC
1891-1659-0237
Hello! I've been watching this thread for the past 1100 pages or so, and I finally have the courage to say something. I'm a big (no pun intended) time Ridley supporter and I wanted to pop in before all of these leaks appeared (looks like I'm too late :p).
generic welcome message and dont drink the water coming your way

Weavel

Smash Ace
Don't get me wrong, I'm with you on the whole 'burn leakers' thing, I just feel like we shouldn't be apologizing over well-earned retribution, even if it came through less-than-ideal means. Smashboards is melting and the Ridley thread's the one with the largest amount of pages and discussion, so if Sakurai doesn't add Ridley, he made a mistake.
Guess you could say Sakurai is his own person, he'll add or take away whatever he wants despite fan outrage or applause.

I genuinely feel that despite his passion for trying to wow us ect that shut off the voices for the most wanted characters. A big part of the roaster now is just clones and new comers who lose tremendously in demand compared to characters like Ridley or K rool for example.

The Shulk fans got their wish but he is also well liked in japan as well, I'm not sure how the acclaim with the west is with his game but I very much feel like he considered the wishes of the west being worth very little to nothing at all.

This roaster is just terrible.

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
Guess you could say Sakurai is his own person, he'll add or take away whatever he wants despite fan outrage or applause.

I genuinely feel that despite his passion for trying to wow us ect that shut off the voices for the most wanted characters. A big part of the roaster now is just clones and new comers who lose tremendously in demand compared to characters like Ridley or K rool for example.

The Shulk fans got their wish but he is also well liked in japan as well, I'm not sure how the acclaim with the west is with his game but I very much feel like he considered the wishes of the west being worth very little to nothing at all.

Nintendo learned this with X/Y
things get leaked
big time

There's no way Sakurai let some random people have the build with the hypest characters in it.

NeraBriscoletti

Smash Cadet
NNID
Dragon_Quester72
3DS FC
0232-8277-7597
Can I just say that this thread posts more then any other thread I know...? I signed off for less then a day, came back, and had about 16 or so pages to read...

That's a good sign right?

things get leaked
big time

There's no way Sakurai let some random people have the build with the hypest characters in it.
Yes, exactly!

Actually... that's exactly what I was going to say...?

How... did you know that I was fixing to say that?:crazy:

Last edited:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master

You know, say what you will about Brawl's roster choices. At least there were only two newcomer clones.

Ike the Killer

Smash Cadet
Regardless the leak, I will be as much suprised and happy as Sakurai has always thought I should be whenever I see the "Challenger approaching" with Ridley´s face, because the leak doesnt necessarily mean its true, so as for myself? I need and want you Sakurai to give me my Ridley birthday suprise party ;D

Ridley is coming because we always wanted him, not because that random guy told us he would be

SmilingMad

Smash Lord

Heh. Maybe Smash isn't just fanservice, it's HIS fanservice!
Also, Xenoblade was pretty much critically acclaimed. Seriously, that game is good.
You know what it also is? Not Ridley!

Also, I want the Challenger Approaching screen for Ridley have no silhouette. Just a pair of green glowing eyes in the darkness.

NeraBriscoletti

Smash Cadet
NNID
Dragon_Quester72
3DS FC
0232-8277-7597
Regardless the leak, I will be as much suprised and happy as Sakurai has always thought I should be whenever I see the "Challenger approaching" with Ridley´s face, because the leak doesnt necessarily mean its true, so as for myself? I need and want you Sakurai to give me my Ridley birthday suprise party ;D

Ridley is coming because we always wanted him, not because that random guy told us he would be
This post filled me with incredible happiness... I know you were talking to Sakurai, but...

Thank you, Ike the Killer...:)

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Well that's just one of the many human flaws where we just have to know everything and then we'll be happy. Or rather we won't be happy until we know everything. And that won't happen. Ever. We've all been guilty of this at some point in our lives.

But yeah let's just brace ourselves because I feel a Smash Direct is coming. Very Soon with a few bob-ombs to drop and de/confirm this leak 100%.

Ragna22

Smash Ace
things get leaked
big time

You heard it here first folks, the leaker had a fake build planned by Sakurai all along lol.

But seriously though, whatever questions are left we'll know very soon because we only have two weeks before the Japanese 3DS version releases so I hope you have a way to pass the time.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
You know, say what you will about Brawl's roster choices. At least there were only two newcomer clones.
Well, assuming this leak is true, there are only 3 (unless there are more hidden ones). That's not bad at all, especially considering how many new unique characters we have, even discounting any extra additions. The only thing that really saddens me is the loss of the ice climbers.

Can I just say that this thread posts more then any other thread I know...? I signed off for less then a day, came back, and had about 16 or so pages to read...
Yep, as you can see from the page count, this thread is quite... big.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
Thing I found.

Pretty much how I feel about this whole mess.

This just feels so wrong.

All of it.

Whether or not Ridley is in (which would lift up my hopes a bit), I still feel sorry for Sakurai.

Sigh... I need a break. See ya, peeps.

This is all my emotions in one post. Back when Smash 4 was announced I was super hyped, all the characters looked amazing, with me getting my most wanted (Mega Man), a character I thought impossible (Villager), and a character I never knew I wanted (Wii Fit Trainer). The game had such a magic to it, like anything could happen anytime and it was amazing. Of course, I then started lurking on Smashboards out of pure hype. Smash was always in the back of my thoughts anytime, anywhere, hell I was even thinking about Smash when in situations where I normally would've just had one thought on my mind. The Little Mac announcement actually helped me in February when I was depressed. Then of course I heard of the Gematsu leak, where I saw people going savage to people in large amounts of groups just because of whether or not they believed it to be true. It wasn't the Smashboards I was used to, where people came for a combined love of Smash. Then E3 came, where 3 Gematsu characters were announced, and of course the fanbase exploded. People who supported characters that weren't in Gematsu were extremely pessimistic and pretty much lost all hope in the game, while people who did support characters in Gematsu had an extreme level of smugness to their posts, almost to the point of obnoxiousness. I stop lurking Smashboards for about a month due to the cesspool Gematsu had made the community and only came back and made an account because I was curious to see everyone's reaction to Robin. Of course, now we've got a new leak that's nearly undebatablity true, and we've devolved back to Post E3 - Pre-Robin, with self-pity and obnoxious smugness. It honestly feels like the magic has died a little, like knowing a magic trick, sure, there will always be people who wanna know the way things work but now it lacks the child-like sense of joy that made it so great in the first place. I really do feel terrible for Sakurai though, he always makes great games, but you can tell when he puts his heart into his work and this was definitely a project he had his full heart in. He sacrificed his health to make this game an experience unlike any other and of course, some idiot who thinks sacrificing a job most would dream of just to be famous on 4chan for a couple weeks is worth it. I kinda hope Sakurai doesn't come back for Smash 5, not because he doesn't deserve to make it, but because we don't deserve his talent. Sorry for the off-topic text wall, but I felt like I needed to say this.

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
I'm saying that the hype 3 or atleast Ridley/Mewtwo isn't in the build that gets playtested, and he playtests them himself, or has his wife do it or something.

Thermithral

Smash Journeyman
NNID
blahara
3DS FC
1375-7535-6452
Switch FC
6524 3241 3725

This is all my emotions in one post. Back when Smash 4 was announced I was super hyped, all the characters looked amazing, with me getting my most wanted (Mega Man), a character I thought impossible (Villager), and a character I never knew I wanted (Wii Fit Trainer). The game had such a magic to it, like anything could happen anytime and it was amazing. Of course, I then started lurking on Smashboards out of pure hype. Smash was always in the back of my thoughts anytime, anywhere, hell I was even thinking about Smash when in situations where I normally would've just had one thought on my mind. The Little Mac announcement actually helped me in February when I was depressed. Then of course I heard of the Gematsu leak, where I saw people going savage to people in large amounts of groups just because of whether or not they believed it to be true. It wasn't the Smashboards I was used to, where people came for a combined love of Smash. Then E3 came, where 3 Gematsu characters were announced, and of course the fanbase exploded. People who supported characters that weren't in Gematsu were extremely pessimistic and pretty much lost all hope in the game, while people who did support characters in Gematsu had an extreme level of smugness to their posts, almost to the point of obnoxiousness. I stop lurking Smashboards for about a month due to the cesspool Gematsu had made the community and only came back and made an account because I was curious to see everyone's reaction to Robin. Of course, now we've got a new leak that's nearly undebatablity true, and we've devolved back to Post E3 - Pre-Robin, with self-pity and obnoxious smugness. It honestly feels like the magic has died a little, like knowing a magic trick, sure, there will always be people who wanna know the way things work but now it lacks the child-like sense of joy that made it so great in the first place. I really do feel terrible for Sakurai though, he always makes great games, but you can tell when he puts his heart into his work and this was definitely a project he had his full heart in. He sacrificed his health to make this game an experience unlike any other and of course, some idiot who thinks sacrificing a job most would dream of just to be famous on 4chan for a couple weeks is worth it. I kinda hope Sakurai doesn't come back for Smash 5, not because he doesn't deserve to make it, but because we don't deserve his talent. Sorry for the off-topic text wall, but I felt like I needed to say this.
You deserve a medal for that post. Exactly that. :D

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
Yep, as you can see from the page count, this thread is quite... big.
It's funny how it works, isn't it? Ridley is often claimed to be too big for Smash, and we have a very big fanbase. It's even become a meme, aka a big influence. The thread is huge too, with enough posts to fit both the second and third biggest character support threads in it and still have room for more. And not only that, but after 2000 posts the thread will truly be too big and glitch out.

No, no. Was probably just a large coincidence.
Stop it!!!

Yeap, you're late buddy. We've seen everything and more.

Last edited:

Blackflamedragon

Smash Apprentice
It's funny how it works, isn't it? Ridley is often claimed to be too big for Smash, and we have a very big fanbase. It's even become a meme, aka a big influence. The thread is huge too, with enough posts to fit both the second and third biggest character support threads in it and still have room for more. And not only that, but after 2000 posts the thread will truly be too big and glitch out.

Stop it!!!

What else did you guys find

Ragna22

Smash Ace
Warning Received
Well that's just one of the many human flaws where we just have to know everything and then we'll be happy. Or rather we won't be happy until we know everything. And that won't happen. Ever. We've all been guilty of this at some point in our lives.

But yeah let's just brace ourselves because I feel a Smash Direct is coming. Very Soon with a few bob-ombs to drop and de/confirm this leak 100%.
I'm sure someone out there is against it to where they won't spoil themselves, I do it cause I honestly want to for the sake of wanting to know what I'm gonna deal with in a fighting game ya know? I'm the kind of fighting game player who, if a certain character is giving me trouble online, I'm going to personally learn to use that same character just so that I can understand their strengths and weaknesses better so the next time I fight that character I can exploit their weakness, stuff like that is why I'm totally fine with spoiling fighting games for myself, if it was any other type of game I'd keep away from the spoilers, that's what I'm doing towards Hyrule Warriors for example, I refuse to spoil the story for myself but I still wanna see gameplay so I settled for watching footage of the storyless Adventure mode instead lol.

I get what you're saying though, people are more likely to spoil themselves if you put said spoilers right in front of them.

Chase

Smash Ace
Dang it, man! Why did you make me want to post this? It's too late now...

On topic, I believe Mother on this one. I've found myself liking his remaining newcomers more and more, and he seems like he's had his fun already.

Ike the Killer

Smash Cadet
I really would like seeing a Ridley trailer, but if he gets a normal confirmation I am happy as hell xD Another remix of his theme would be cool as well, there is never enough Ridley designs or theme remixes xD

This post filled me with incredible happiness... I know you were talking to Sakurai, but...

Thank you, Ike the Killer...:)
You are welcome x3 Im glad I could help

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
This thread is hardly moving fast at all and it's taking forever to load anyway.
Not sure about everyone else, but I've been restraining myself from posting because I don't want the thread to reach 2000 and close. I don't want the magic we have here to end. Joining SmashBoards and the Ridley thread was a huge part of my summer, and I don't want to see it end without a happy ending. And a happy ending being a trailer or September 13.

Also people are ganging up on me in the YouTube comments for supporting Ridley, but that's my fault for going there alone.

Crainy

Smash Apprentice
Not sure about everyone else, but I've been restraining myself from posting because I don't want the thread to reach 2000 and close. I don't want the magic we have here to end. Joining SmashBoards and the Ridley thread was a huge part of my summer, and I don't want to see it end without a happy ending. And a happy ending being a trailer or September 13.

Also people are ganging up on me in the YouTube comments for supporting Ridley, but that's my fault for going there alone.
Or a DLC or an unquestionable leak.

Last edited:

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
It's funny how it works, isn't it? Ridley is often claimed to be too big for Smash, and we have a very big fanbase.
Too big for Smashboards.

But no Ridley really, I don't understand how Ridley is the character that inspires so much caustic discussion. It happened last time when Ridley threads became banned. He's already achieved some sort of meme status in the Smash community. Whether or not he's in, his fans, the debate are all legendary.

To be perfectly honest I don't even know where I'm going with this. Things are a bit too crazy right now. I hope for the sake of the most hardcore supporters that he is in, but everything is pretty much up in the air (with some leakers clearly just messing with us).

I kinda wanted a leak to happen, but now that it has I can't help but feel... drained? I mean I'm one of the people who is actually perfectly okay with the current leaked roster but I guess the idea that all this stuff just dropped unofficially and ruined a number of people's hard work is probably the worst thing about it.

Dracandros

Smash Cadet
At least a lot of the awfulness of the leak is finally behind us. Although I don't feel bad just for Sakurai but for all of Nintendo and all of his trustworthy staff after what has happened. I know that I get plenty of expectations where I work as a programmer but I can't imagine somebody trying to steal secrets from us. Is a decent paycheck not enough for you or something?

We are still in Ridley limbo now (and so are others of course) but I do feel a lot more free and less tense...to say the least. I really still want that dragon. I just pray that there is a happy ending and more surprises left in store.

I hate leaks.

Top Bottom