• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Remember folks:

Ridley magna! Ridley ignis! Mox eris præda Ridley, Deo mors!

Also, found this conversation (on a very awesome video). Kinda sad when you realize that the opposing side come up with arguments so pathetic, one can't tell whether one is actually against Ridley or just being sarcastic.

Last edited:
Hey! I am new to this thread. And I think Ridley should be playable! Totally! Unlike some fairy type balloon pokemon who makes in because of anime popularity........

FreeFallUp

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LuigiTroid20
3DS FC
3222-5636-5087
Even with a little increased size the wings would be too small for ridley, they would be about the size of the wings the ice climber pterodactyl has.
*cue cheesy Christmas special-like narration*
And thus that day, the Ridley thread spoke of size in the opposite direction.

FreeFallUp

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LuigiTroid20
3DS FC
3222-5636-5087
Hey! I am new to this thread. And I think Ridley should be playable! Totally! Unlike some fairy type balloon pokemon who makes in because of anime popularity........
Two things:
1. Buh-but Jiggs is important to teh Smash series!
2. Welcome to the thread!
Don't drink the water.

Last edited:

Ridles the Space Pirate

Smash Journeyman
Double Posts merged/Warning Received
Welcome to the forums! Don't drink the water and other nonsense.

Corruption and Other M say hi.
I haven't played corruption yet, but where is his Amazing intelligence in Other M?

Last edited by a moderator:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Remember folks:

Also, found this conversation (on a very awesome video). Kinda sad when you realize that the opposing side come up with arguments so pathetic, one can't tell whether one is actually against Ridley or just being sarcastic.
I must say, that is a wonderful custom of Mr. McDee you have there, any idea of whereas you found it?
*cue cheesy Christmas special-like narration*
And thus that day, the Ridley thread spoke of size in the opposite direction.
Gotta love the Ice Climbers. Speaking of, has that one certain set of early shown images that has a name inwhich is relevant to plumbing been Debunked yet?
m8.png

RidleyDX

Smash Ace
Trailerley 4 Sm4sh
Soo many spikes and the wings are like brawl Ridley, hes cool as well, but I like the brighter colors on the body, spikes and wings of Other M Ridley. Whatever Ridley version gets reveal I hope everybody can be respectful and just be glad he is in and not hate on the Other M design or vice versa if Sakurai does a 180 and somehow puts OG Ridley.

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
I haven't played corruption yet, but where is his Amazing intelligence in Other M?
Suffice to say that in Corruption he does practically everything he can to stack the deck in his favor.

In Other M he manipulates researchers and Samus to get food and is at least intelligent enough to focus on the individual capable of causing him the greatest harm (Samus), rather than one more valuable as a food source (anyone else would be easier to kill, thus less calories burned compared to intake). Notably Samus is also the subject of his death glares in this game, showing that his species A) encodes memory into gene sequences, and B) is sapient enough to nurse grudges. An animal intelligence would result in a fear reaction, not renewed attempts to kill.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
You mean my avatar? I made it myself.
10/10, if I do say so m'self as a Spriter. Very fantastical. 'u'
His escape plan
"I say, Ms. Aran, I do so believe that I must escape from this fiasco happening right now. Pardon me whilst I break through this wall, thank you."
Suffice to say that in Corruption he does practically everything he can to stack the deck in his favor.

In Other M he manipulates researchers and Samus to get food and is at least intelligent enough to focus on the individual capable of causing him the greatest harm (Samus), rather than one more valuable as a food source (anyone else would be easier to kill, thus less calories burned compared to intake). Notably Samus is also the subject of his death glares in this game, showing that his species A) encodes memory into gene sequences, and B) is sapient enough to nurse grudges. An animal intelligence would result in a fear reaction, not renewed attempts to kill.
"Go away Samus, I'M GODDAM EATING. LEAVE ME ALOOOOONE."

FreeFallUp

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LuigiTroid20
3DS FC
3222-5636-5087
This:
His escape plan
And the surprise tactics he displayed by taking advantage of Samus and going after larger threats. As "Little Birdy" he used Samus to get a meal out of the Kihunters. Similarly, he tricked a scientist into believing he was dead in order to escape his cage. When full grown, when he grapples with Samus during the controversial cutscene, he makes sure to pin down both of her arms, in particular, the arm cannon. He takes note of Anthony's plasma beam being a greater threat while Samus is freaking out and tries to dispose of him. Rids creatively uses his own plasma breath ray thing in combination with his momentum in flight and his own strength to bust through a wall when bested by Samus. He also tries to fake his death for another surprise attack on her before fleeing.

Edit:

Ninja'd. Drat.

Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Welcome aboard the Ridley Train! Better fasten your seatbelts! It's going to be a bumpy ride!

I just LOVE how you've thrown in Roy, Mewtwo and King K. Rool into this!
That's it, this is my new screensaver, lol! :laugh:
Edit: I love how it looks like Little Mac's hanging onto Ridley's tongue, not to mention that Waluigi forgot his hype train ticket, :p

Last edited:

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
Remember folks:

It really makes you wonder, doesn't it? How they've gotten by all these years with logic like that.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
But remember in Zero Mission, he built an entire robotic replica of himself

My personal theory on the psychology of Ridley is that while he CAN be super-intelligent, he prefers giving into his bestial savagery.

So while he attacks Samus like any wild animal, he will never do it in a fashion that either gives Samus an advantage or is suicidally idiotic.

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
My personal theory on the psychology of Ridley is that while he CAN be super-intelligent, he prefers giving into his bestial savagery.

So while he attacks Samus like any wild animal, he will never do it in a fashion that either gives Samus an advantage or is suicidally idiotic.
So he's immortal space dragon Hannibal Lecter? I can dig it. :awesome:

HurricaneMarth

Smash Cadet
It's still bad marketing to not include one of the most wanted fighters in a series where characters are the highlight of the game.

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem

Yeah, he probably is really smart in general, but once he is on the battle feild, he becomes bloodthirsty, savage, and absolutley brutal, but he dose use strategy in his moves too.

I could actually see his playstyle being like that, where many of his attacks are absolutely brutal, but he also has one or two strategic ones.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Here's a little bit of hope for you guys. <3 I know things have been a bit annoying with the "leak" and what-not.

Here's hoping Sakurai pulls through for you guys! You're such a huge inspiration to the community, and you've even got me to believe. I'll be just as equally disappointed if this guy doesn't make it somehow.

Last edited:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
So he's immortal space dragon Hannibal Lecter? I can dig it. :awesome:
The way I interpret Ridley, Ridley is a bloodthirsty barbarian that naturally got elevated to the leader of the Space Pirates because of his military mind and general intelligence. And he is miserable sitting in a chair just giving orders.

Ridley's blood gets pumping once he's under contract or the Space Pirates are usurped, explaining why he never once rebelled against Mother Brain, Science Team, or Dark Samus. Hell, I'd bet that he would willingly give his body over to the X just for the opportunity to satiate his bloodlust once more.

The happiest Ridley's probably ever been was when he was demoted to the head of the Security Forces when he was rebuilt as Meta Ridley.

Genesect

Smash Rookie
Uhh um yeah.......... im gonna regret saying this but... Ridley is already confirmed as a stage Hazard for thar samus stage Protosphere I think that was the name....... yeah Sukurai sort of said that...... yeah......

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Uhh um yeah.......... im gonna regret saying this but... Ridley is already confirmed as a stage Hazard for thar samus stage Protosphere I think that was the name....... yeah Sukurai sort of said that...... yeah......
What a great first post!

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
I feel like you made an account just to say that to us. Considering how you signed up "Today" and only have 1 post, it isn't all too unlikely...

EDIT: Oh hey, 1640. Lucky number. :p

EDIT 2: I knew it was a lucky number! I just realized this is my 1000th post! And I used it on a detractor...does that say something about me?

Last edited:

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
Ridley was never mentioned by name nor was he confirmed to be acting in any capacity, by anyone in any official capacity from Sakurai himself down. Try harder.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Warning Received
You're kidding me, right?
You made an account, to say something THAT stupid?
Well...I suppose it was a good laugh.

Top Bottom