• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
It would be his homie K Rool.

I always kind of saw K. Rool as being the Kraid to Ridley in Smash, somehow.

Maybe it's because they're both huge, fat, and green reptiles?

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/30357/rumored-star-foxmetroid-crossover-put-to-rest

Ahem...Ok this maybe questionable but what if they worked on a ridley and star fox trailer I mean companies have helped make trailers (aka little mac,paulenta and robin/lucina)

Edit:also ridley is the most wanted male character...
"Rumored" doesn't mean it was planned or even talked about by Nintendo.

Stop grasping straws with your eyes closed, we know you like Krystal, but don't grab anything you can get to make a commotion.
And I just said that on the Ridley thread.

So... anyone wanna guess what tomorrows PotD will be? Maybe a Metroid 3DS Stage? :3

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Stop grasping straws with your eyes closed, we know you like Krystal, but don't grab anything you can get to make a commotion.

So... anyone wanna guess what tomorrows PotD will be? Maybe a Metroid 3DS Stage? :3
Hopefully not Ridley related. PoTD and Ridley are bad. Because a character of his..size (:troll:) should be in a trailer, and a PoTD would probably confirm him as a boss.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427

Nightmare is revealed to be the boss of a new Fusion-based stage.

Jeanne

Smash Apprentice
I am going to be honest, I am not sure about whether or not I would want to main Ridley either. There is the dependent variable of my sister to consider, we have an unspoken arbitrary rule that we must not main the same characters (for variety's sake, I suppose), essentially, we "claim" characters on the roster. We can still play them, of course. But we do not "main" them. She is honestly the bigger Metroid fan and during the Melee cut-scene, I was dropping my panties for Wolf. She wanted Ridley more than anything though. In an ironic turn of events, she did not actually want Ridley for Smash 4 (for the same reasons that I did not want him). However, once it became overt and apparent that Ridley is playable (the April Direct) and she has come around to entertaining the prospect of wanting Ridley. She cannot wait to play as him and she intends to main him. If she enjoys him, he is basically off-limits. We both enjoy heavy characters, I main Ganondorf and she mains Bowser. It is just our thing. The bigger that character, the better. So no problems there. My problem is a "social" problem.
That is exactly why I always set CPU matches against Ike, my brother chose him as his unofficial main and I always use him as a punching bag because of this.

LunarDistortion

Lord of the Nigelchu's
NNID
Lunar_Distortion
3DS FC
4639-9294-0127
Switch FC
SW-4041-3028-0448
Metroid Prime Pinball stage confirmed as 3DS Metroid stage.

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135
My main in the previous games was Falco, with my backup mains being Sonic and Lucario. Though the problem I see with Ridley is as much as I want him I don't know if I would main him either, depends how he plays, but out of the current Newcomers I'm leaning more towards Palutena as a new main (my 2nd fav character for Smash 4 after Ridley).

Jeanne

Smash Apprentice
In terms of heavy characters, if Ridley is announced I would like to try learning to play as him as well as DK. Something about destroying people as a big ol' ape is quite satisfying.. I ussually main people with interesting utilities (ness has PK fire, GnW with his parachute, Link bein himself, etc..)

Weavel

Smash Ace
I'm sure the big metroid fans know this but it sounds like the next metroid game is going to be big.
They want to expand the universe and have more hunters like in corruption, and used metroid prime hunters as an example as well.

Day is coming when the hunters return, I remember nintendo answering some a question about if Rundas's race was related to Noxus's.

But hey also talked about the future of the side scrolling games as well, they want to appease both sides of fans.

Last edited:

PowerBomb

Smash Master
I'm sure a lot of people would LOVE Rundas. Including me, but he was kind of a minor character. The best we can hope for is an assist trophy, sadly.
Rundas had such an awesome theme, though. Personally, I'm hoping for a Prime-style Space Pirate. Why else wouldn't they appear in Smash run? Instead we get Kihunters. Seriously, wut?

I'm still flabbergasted as to why neither Sakurai nor Nintendo of America have clarified or mentioned Ridley's name. If they've done it for Chrom, why not Ridley? They didn't do it either for Game and Watch (no surprise there) or *gasp* Dark Pit, though.

Last edited:

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
Dark pit seems like a secret character, if any of the hunters are in, they're secret. Ridley might not be a starter, but he sure as heck ain't secret.

Weavel

Smash Ace
Rundas had such an awesome theme, though. Personally, I'm hoping for a Prime-style Space Pirate. Why else wouldn't they appear in Smash run? Instead we get Kihunters. Seriously, wut?

I'm still flabbergasted as to why neither Sakurai nor Nintendo of America have clarified or mentioned Ridley's name. If they've done it for Chrom, why not Ridley? They didn't do it either for Game and Watch (no surprise there) or *gasp* Dark Pit, though.
I'd love a prime styled space pirate character! But this whole Ridley fiasco is WAY to divided and shrouded in mystery.

Do you think this whole thing is just to generate more hype though? Maybe he doesn't want to deconfirm because it could deter people away?

Edit: Also why do people want dark pit? he is literally a recolor of pit.

Last edited:
I think we'll be lucky to just get Ridley as a Metroid newcomer. I'm not even going to start thinking of any other Metroid characters getting in. I'd love to be wrong because Metroid has such a severe lack of representation.

Waluigi is too big

Smash Journeyman
NNID
waluigi44
I want Rundas/Admiral Dane to be confirmed as a Samus clone alongside Ridley.
I kinda want the same thing, but with Anthony. Anthony trying to get revenge, but that probably end up getting him chromed.

but really since Anthony and Ridley already reacted it would be kinda cool to seem them in the same trailer.

Mansana

Smash Apprentice
I'm sure a lot of people would LOVE Rundas. Including me, but he was kind of a minor character. The best we can hope for is an assist trophy, sadly.
There is always his cool counter part Noxus. They shouldn't leave the Prime Hunters series left out. Eventually Nintendo will see that Destiny and/or Halo is mechanically similar to the Metroid series. If they wanted they could revive the FPS PvP that is Prime Hunters. That is what I call the best case scenario if we don't get a hunter for SSB4.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
On the topic of Metroid stages for 3DS, I can only think of a few: Planet SR388, somewhere else on the Bottle Ship or the abandoned B.S.L Space Station from Fusion. That's what I think.

Also, I saw someone on Miiverse say that "Since Rosalina, the newcomers are being shown in a pattern, with a newcomer from a veteran series, (Rosalina, Greninja, Palutena, Robin and Lucina) followed by a newcomer from a new series (Little Mac, Mii Fighters, Pac-Man). I'm not saying if this might hurt Ridley's chances, but if he gets revealed this month, that'd be interesting.

Please let me know what you think. (Sorry if I can't source the Miiverse poster or account. You know what the Miiverse Smash Community is like... That's sort of why I set an account here... It's a little bit more sensible here... Just a little...)

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
Hey, look, if we're gonna have another humanoid confirmed it better be Sylux the Darkhorse. Hopefully chroming Jiggly at the same time.

Weavel

Smash Ace
There is always his cool counter part Noxus. They shouldn't leave the Prime Hunters series left out. Eventually Nintendo will see that Destiny and/or Halo is mechanically similar to the Metroid series. If they wanted they could revive the FPS PvP that is Prime Hunters. That is what I call the best case scenario if we don't get a hunter for SSB4.
I just brought this up earlier on this same page! I feel so ignored! :*(

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
Because so far all (potential) newcomers have never been mentioned by name when teased.

Mansana

Smash Apprentice
I just brought this up earlier on this same page! I feel so ignored! :*(
Lol, I'm sorry if I skipped over it :(. I'm a slow typer and usually the website isn't the best at notifying that there are new posts really efficiently. I do support the Hunters, because I for one like the thrill of hunting people down.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
I'd love a prime styled space pirate character! But this whole Ridley fiasco is WAY to divided and shrouded in mystery.

Do you think this whole thing is just to generate more hype though? Maybe he doesn't want to deconfirm because it could deter people away?

Edit: Also why do people want dark pit? he is literally a recolor of pit.
Dark Pit was shown off in Palutena's trailer and has never been mentioned since. And honestly, I could see Soccer eye creating hype for Ridley and then deflating it when the game comes out in Japan and he's not in it. Granted, I hope that's not the case, but Sakurai hasn't unveiled any villains at all.

No, Robin is not a villain.

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
Dark Pit was shown off in Palutena's trailer and has never been mentioned since. And honestly, I could see Soccer eye creating hype for Ridley and then deflating it when the game comes out in Japan and he's not in it. Granted, I hope that's not the case, but Sakurai hasn't unveiled any villains at all.

No, Robin is not a villain.
Biwser

Weavel

Smash Ace
Did anyone seriously ever want Jigglypuff in smash bros? I've seen so many funny comics of smash characters telling Jiggly not to come back and then beating her to a bloody pulp.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Ok, finally caught back up (srsly, took an afternoon nap then 20+ pages x.x) and now I can comment again. Do anyone think Coro Coro will reveal all infomation about characters and stages on both 3DS and WiiU? Hearing this a few pages back, I just want to be sure about it.

Edit:
Did anyone seriously ever want Jigglypuff in smash bros? I've seen so many funny comics of smash characters telling Jiggly not to come back and then beating her to a bloody pulp.
I do, especially if she retains her Melee status as Brawl's Jigs sucks.

Last edited:
Top Bottom