• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Please. I make my own arguments. I did not even read the second post, yet.
For me I needed a bit of convincing. I was in the middle for such a long time. Maybe it was better to be that way...but I most likely wouldn't be here if I stayed neutral.

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
So, um, for so much evidence we don't have a lot to talk about. Someone pick a topic...

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Not exactly Ridley...but since today marks the 27th Birthday of Metroid, here's a picture of our heroine, drawn by yours truly:

Dragalon

Smash Cadet
Though I support Ridley, I already have two great character reveals in the form of Greninja and Little Mac. I would like Ridley because he would make the roster feel complete to me and I really like his design. So if he is not in it won't bother me a whole lot. How bout you guys? Is there another reason you want the game?
You and I are in the exact same boat, Gren and Mac are defiantly the characters I'm gonna try and main
Another huge reason is that I can't wait to hear the megaman remixes!
If there's anything else that I really want its the obvious Ridley and shulk

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
What if:

One Ridley desgin in 3DS and one Ridley design in Wii U.

I see no problem there (aside from 2 different arts, but they still did 2 different arts for Robin and the Trainers).

Last edited:

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
So is this forum gonna close if ridleys confirmed?
The forum might crash (and eventually recover), but this thread shouldn't need to close. If anything (if Ridley's announced as a playable character), this thread should act as a social thread for Ridley supporters and fellow Space Pirates, and would be moved to the respective Ridley section of the forum (seeing a Ridley section would be a glorious sight to see).

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
So is this forum gonna close if ridleys confirmed?
Of course not, the Ridley thread will only become more vast after his confirmation. We will be able to actually discuss Ridley in Smash with some semblance of knowledge; albeit that will happen in other threads. It will be different, but glorious.

ghastmine

Smash Ace
NNID
ghastmine
Other then krool (which i don't think is gonna happen) what other newcomer could be annouced with ridley I think krystal you guys?

RoseyBetch

Smash Journeyman
A full argument I am having with the detractor on Relax's vid, my statements are bold

"Sakurai doesn't hint at bosses, he shows them."

This is an incredulous claim. So I'm sure Sakurai didn't hint at other boss appearances on various stages during the direct. I'm sure Sakurai didn'thint that Ridley would be one of the stage bosses players have to watch out for.

"Sakurai knew loads of people wanted Ridley playable."

It doesn't make a difference whether people wanted Ridley or not. I'm sure people want Waluigi or Isaac playable but they've been assist trophies. It doesn't matter if a character is highly wanted or not. It all depends on whether or not Sakurai can integrate them into the game and make them fit.

"Sakurai is listening to the western audience this time as of Little Mac"

This is a selfish claim.

"People found out that shadow isn't all too big."

Shadow analyses aren't accurate. You can't successfully get the feel of something by looking at its shadow. Light source effects how a shadow looks.

"IF THE FAKE HYPE IS OUR FAULT THEN WHY DID SAKURAI NOT DELIBRATLY STATE 'Ridley isn't playable' FROM THE START?"

Are you kidding me? He's given not one, but twoclear hints. When talking about the Pyrosphere stage, he mentions a past trauma of Samus will appear as a hazard (that exact area is where Samus confronts Ridley in Other M). Then during the direct, he shows a shadow of a boss character that is obviously Ridley with the captions "other boss character appearances* below it. You honestly need Sakurai to state the obvious before it sinks in?

It's not his fault you guys are too dense to get a clue. Sakurai isn't creating the false hype, you guys are.

"Sakurai stated nothing about, didn't show or even mention Ridley."

Sakurai hasn't mentioned any other bosses either. We saw the Dark Emperor from Find Mii, for instance, but we don't even know what he does yet.

"It's almost been one year, and there ARE people who are still vague about Ridley."

The only thing vague is what Ridley does as a stage boss, and even then most people noticed that Ridley seems to grab Pikachu before taking off, meaning that he might swoop in to harass fighters by snatching them away or other things. Ridley's status as a boss isn't vague at all.

"It would also cause FAKE HYPE."

Sakurai isn't the one causing the fake hype. It's you people.

"Little Mac was ONLY requested by the non-Japanese, how is that a selfish claim? Ridley and Palutena were teased in the same way."

It's a selfish claim because you're implying that western fans influenced Sakurai to add Little Mac, as if he only had fans overseas. And no, Ridley and Palutena were not teased in the same way. When was Palutena ever teased as a stage hazard?

"The Mega Man shadow is in the same angle and same spot as Ridley's shadow, it may not be 100% accurate, but it will still be pretty damn accurate."

As you said, it's not 100% accurate. Case closed. For that matter I honestly don't see how a freaking shadow can prove that Ridley is playable and Sakurai is lying.

"And Pikachu's shadow was grabbed by Ridley, but we can see Pikachu fits in Ridley's hand, and that would mean he is resized."

Again, we're looking at shadows.

"IF THE FAKE HYPE IS OUR FAULT THEN WHY DID SAKURAI NOT DELIBRATLY STATE 'Ridley isn't playable' FROM THE START?"

Are you kidding me? He's given not one, but twoclear hints. When talking about the Pyrosphere stage, he mentions a past trauma of Samus will appear as a hazard (that exact area is where Samus confronts Ridley in Other M). Then during the direct, he shows a shadow of a boss character that is obviously Ridley with the captions "other boss character appearances* below it. You honestly need Sakurai to state the obvious before it sinks in?

It's not his fault you guys are too dense to get a clue. Sakurai isn't creating the false hype, you guys are.

ANDREA! I SUMMON THEE TO USE ASSASINLEY OR WHATNOT
Oh hey, I was the Rosalina on that post. Weird.

Dragalon

Smash Cadet
So how much do ya'll want to bet once Roidley gets confirmed there's gonna be a flood of artwork of him, mega swampert, knuckles, and Ike all in some form lifting

ghastmine

Smash Ace
NNID
ghastmine
Whaaa....what did you just say? Oh my. Go educate yourself in the Mewtwo forum please. Go to my profile and click on the link I have posted.
I'm sorry theres already alot of pokemon so I'd look in either zelda or star fox direction.

Wiinner159

Smash Hero
NNID
Make a guess...
3DS FC
2251-6491-9042
Will everyone shut up about mewtwo lucario was his replacement and gannondorf ok but rember the robin trailer....
woah man no need to get fussy over Mewtwo, we don't do the same for you and Krystal, so don't complain about those who want Mewtwo. Even then though this is where we're discussing Ridley, so try to stay on topic and resist your urge to talk about Krystal here, I'm not saying that you shouldn't include her in your trailer idea, but you shouldn't backlash another's idea because they have a character you don't like

Poopmin

Smash Ace
NNID
HotelMario
Will everyone shut up about mewtwo lucario was his replacement and gannondorf ok but rember the robin trailer....
Lucario was never planned to be Mewtwo's replacement. They were meant to co-exist, but Mewtwo never saw the light of day and Lucario barely made it out. They share no similarities other than a standard special, which function differently. Ridley however was never planned to be playable in brawl. So bluh.

ghastmine

Smash Ace
NNID
ghastmine
woah man no need to get fussy over Mewtwo, we don't do the same for you and Krystal, so don't complain about those who want Mewtwo. Even then though this is where we're discussing Ridley, so try to stay on topic and resist your urge to talk about Krystal here, I'm not saying that you shouldn't include her in your trailer idea, but you shouldn't backlash another's idea because they have a character you don't like
I don't mean to backlash however it's just to much pokemon.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Brah did you really..Did you really? They play nothing alike, but this is the Ridley thread. If you wanna argue Mewtwo go to the Mewtwo section.

Mansana

Smash Apprentice
Will everyone shut up about mewtwo, lucario was his replacement and gannondorf ok but remember the robin trailer....
Was he? I thought Mewtwo was part of the forbidden 7. Lucario hardly made it to SSBB.
But the fact that this game isn't canon via Robin trailer does prove the point in revealing characters out of place.

I'm sorry theres already alot of pokemon so I'd look in either zelda or star fox direction.
There is never too many pokemon. I would not be surprised if there was 7 to be honest.

Edit: I'll be on my way to the mewtwo thread...

Last edited:

Wise Multishine

Luminary
NNID
Omnireader
Was he? I thought Mewtwo was part of the forbidden 7. Lucario hardly made it to SSBB.
But the fact that this game isn't canon via Robin trailer does prove the point in revealing characters out of place.

There is never too many pokemon. I would not be surprised if there was 7 to be honest.

Edit: I'll be on my way to the mewtwo thread...
I have a link to a post on that forum listing all the reasons for his inclusion. The link is on my profile. Check it out.

AHEM....Ridley.

Last edited:

Dragalon

Smash Cadet
I don't mean to backlash however it's just to much pokemon.
technically we have less pokemon confirmed than brawl did if you count the trainer as 3
also half of the point of pokemon is that there are hundreds of memorable monsters so it makes sense that they have a lot of reps

oh yeah and we should probably get back on topic

Last edited:

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
So nothing noteworthy happened on Metroid's anniversary. Was kinda thinking that we'll get a Metroid 3DS stage today or something just for the occasion. The wait is still on for Ridley's official status of SSB4.

Water is wet.
The sky is blue.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Although these weren't made today, here's all of the Ridley Drawings I made on Miiverse. Most Recent is top, least recent is bottom.
Get the Joke, please.
I derp'd this day.
Why Villager is silent.
Yoshi 2fat4u :B
Oops, where did that come from.
SSB4 Direct Predictions (I was wrong)
He's just so happy.
A bad, bad man...
Keyword is "Again".
RIDLEY.JPG Joins the Battle!
Nailed it.
Yoshi/Ridley Hybrid. :|
It's cyoot.
Celebrating Super Metroid's Birthday.

D

Deleted member

Your Reaction: We get Ice Ridley instead of Ridley. :troll:
And it's not a robot like in Nintendo Land, it's literally a white recolor of Ridley with ice powers.

Clearly Nintendo Land is trying to tell us that Ridley is a species now. :awesome:

Last edited by a moderator:

LunarDistortion

Lord of the Nigelchu's
NNID
Lunar_Distortion
3DS FC
4639-9294-0127
Switch FC
SW-4041-3028-0448
I think Dixie Kong, K. Rool, and Shulk have pretty okay chances of getting in the game alongside Ridley.

Last edited:
Top Bottom