• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Hmm.... Did anyone keep the time? I wasn't counting how many hours before someone tried to pour salt over our wounds.
Well, I can say maybe 7:00pm (by my time) this thread was reopened, so more or less 5hrs. Quite the lengthy time, I must admit, but salt grabbing regardless is quite immature.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The mods have stated several times that "delicious tears" will not be tolerated.

No matter the character.

So, if you're here for that I suggest you leave. It's not worth it.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
What she meant to say*

She could have meant concern. She could have meant consent. I wouldn't know. If she wanted to go around sharing her concerns about what happens when people steal her property on the internet to people who steal her property on the internet that's fine. If she wanted to go around punishing people for stealing her property on the internet without her consent that's fine too. I'm fine dealing with her concern if it means i can use her stuff without her consent, and now i know i can't do either.

I played moderator once. I still have the scars to prove it. :(
I feel kinda like everything I say today is just being too mean spirited and defensive. I apologize for the response, I'm being too defensive for my friends. I'm sorry that I butted in, you have you're reasons for using that gif (maybe good or bad), but I see you might not have done it for anything bad. I'm sorry for coming off like a smartass.

Last edited:

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
A gentle reminder to keep things civil, not that that seems to be a problem from what I've seen, at least on this board.

I'm sorry for your loss. You all never gave up hope for the character you loved, which, in spite of all the flaming and trolling to the contrary, was based at least partially in reason (multiple, credible sources mentioning him as part of a quartet of Wii U DLC characters, the shadow analysis, etc.).

I posted about this on GameFAQs, but it's ironic, people were so militant about how Ridley had to stay a boss because being a character "would diminish him" or "ruin his character." Nevertheless, here we are with a boss Ridley who's not just a punching bag, but a bloody lapdog, willing to cuddle up to whoever instead of, I don't know, annihilating them?? Fighting back more ferociously??

It's an abomination, and I'm really interested in seeing Sakurai try explaining this one away in Famitsu (if he brought up Dark Pit, you know he'll mention Ridley somewhere. . .). The only way I'd have sympathy here was if the team actively tried adding him as a character, encountered some insurmountable difficulty, and brought about this "gameplay mechanic" as a way to reuse what playable assets they did develop.

If this was their first, best idea for what to do with the character, I don't know what to say, other than that I sincerely hope the next Smash game is developed under new management.

Anyhow, best of luck moving foward. . .I'd recommend pushing for the character in Project M. Hold the developers' feet to the fire by showing them exactly how big a draw playable Ridley can be to a Smash title.
Don't take this the wrong way but this sounds a little dramatic. Abomination? I'm sorry for your loss? You're using language that makes it sound like a loved one just died, but really, treat it like it is: a character many people wanted to be playable in a videogame is not playable in that videogame.

When you play it up like this it gets awkward. I know people were invested in this but damn.

Skyline1992

Smash Apprentice
I still can't get over the fact that we had to wait so long just to see Ridley. Honestly, Sakurai should have just shown him off back in August of last year when he revealed Pyrosphere. If that happened, this whole mess would be water under the bridge. I don't even care if his model looked terrible a year ago. At least show us what progress you made on him so far.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Don't take this the wrong way but this sounds a little dramatic. Abomination? I'm sorry for your loss? You're using language that makes it sound like a loved one just died, but really, treat it like it is: a character many people wanted to be playable in a videogame is not playable in that videogame.

When you play it up like this it gets awkward. I know people were invested in this but damn.
That's just how @ BKupa666 BKupa666 talks though. :p

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

A good few people in here have wanted Ridley in Melee, he's actually not playing it up that much, it's just that big of a deal for allot of people on this thread.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss

I mean, I'm keeping perspective, and I hope other people are as well; it's not game-ruining, it's not that major in the grand scheme of things with regard to the game. With regard to Ridley the character and his fanbase, however, Ridley's handling over this fourteen month period was really rather bad.

Ideally, the moment the team determined Ridley wouldn't work out as a character, they should have gone ahead and done an update about it, rather than string along fans for something they knew wouldn't be satisfactory to most of them. And that's giving them the benefit of the doubt that they didn't think Lapdogley was the best role for the character from the getgo, because that would just be completely tone-deaf on their part, and that's being generous.

Last edited:

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
You know, this kind of tense stuff that is happening after Ridley's role reveal, makes me do not want to post more drawings here...so, maybe I won't.
Nooooooo! Don't let that stop who you are, and what you do. No matter how much or how little you realize it, you always being joy to the world everyone here with your drawings, not to mention they're unique expressions/depictions of your current feelings.

Just cut down on the Assassin's Creed gif's some and you're good.

Funnily enough, I see more people whining about Ridley supporters than those complaining that he isn't playable.
The irony. Can it be, we're not really the bad guys or spoiled rotten children as others always like to think we are?!

And the dudes like AuraShaman, etc. that were for whatever reason, never invited to that DLC group, I feel bad about now, but y'all have been missed some, now that I think about it.

D

Deleted member

Honestly, I've stopped caring about Ridley after his disconfirmation, especially since I've changed the way I supported characters. Not sure how I feel about Ridley's boss appearance though, but it was more than what I expected.

Still, this marks the (probable) end for Ridley's prospectives as a Smash character until a new director comes in. Sympathy to the fans who stuck out for the longest.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am also a bit sad for Ridley not playable, but at least he is unique and fun in some way. Imagine the gamers who never played metroid before.

"Hey, do you remember that purple dragon thing?"
"Yeah? What about it?"
"He is kind of.... fun and cool. What about we check what game it is?"

To to contrary to the clone characters
"Dr. Mario and Dark Pit? Who are they?"

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Nooooooo! Don't let that stop who you are, and what you do. No matter how much or how little you realize it, you always being joy to the world everyone here with your drawings, not to mention they're unique expressions/depictions of your current feelings.

The irony. Can it be, we're not really the bad guys or spoiled rotten children as others always like to think we are?!

And the dudes like AuraShaman, etc. that were for whatever reason, never invited to that DLC group, I feel bad about now, but y'all have been missed some, now that I think about it.
I thought I brought it up at some point, but maybe I am mistaken. Regardless though, @AuraShaman is welcome to join us wherever we take refuge too.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Oh, we're running again? Okay I guess, but we're probably going to be doomed sometime soon considering we're reaching the 2000 page limit.

Anyways, let me just say I absolutely despise what they did with Ridley on Pyrosphere. Like, first off they say he can transform into Meta Ridley when in reality he just glows... nothing Meta Ridley about that. Secondly, him joining your side? Ridley is probably the character that's least keen on joining anyone's side, so it makes very little sense to say the least. You can also send him flying and all kinds of ****, it's a joke really, Ridley is a joke character in this game. On top of that they turned Pyrosphere into an even bigger circus than we originally thought would happen, such a shame to see an otherwise great stage completely ruined too.

Secondly, even with Mewtwo on the way I still don't think Ridley is ever going to be in. Despite the very clumsy and unfaithful integration of Ridley on the Pyrosphere it's obvious Sakurai and co. put a lot of work into fitting him into that role, they wouldn't have done so if they didn't believe that was the role he's fit for. Fact lies that currently Sakurai does not believe Ridley can be a playable character, otherwise he'd very obviously have been one of the first picks to be on the launch roster, I strongly disagree with this of course, but I simply don't think Sakurai knows or cares enough about Ridley to do him justice. I will however say that it was pretty naive to believe Ridley had a chance once the final 3DS roster was revealed too, he was disconfirmed 2 months ago, maybe much earlier than that too, I'm surprised how many people have only started mourning him now.

Good on Sakurai for bringing back Mewtwo though, even if I don't care about the character I'm still happy a lot of people got what they wanted.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist

Aww....Thank you! and relax! I won't stop making my Ridley drawings....! it is just that I'm not sure if I should keep posting them into the old thread...since...you know....it is nearly over. :/

Hehe, yeah, I promised it already that I would stop the thing with the AC gifs, but it was fun while it lasted! ^u^

Skyline1992

Smash Apprentice
Honestly, I've stopped caring about Ridley after his disconfirmation, especially since I've changed the way I supported characters. Not sure how I feel about Ridley's boss appearance though, but it was more than what I expected.

Still, this marks the (probable) end for Ridley's prospectives as a Smash character until a new director comes in. Sympathy to the fans who stuck out for the longest.
I doubt a new director is going to change anything. He'll probably respect Sakurai's wish and keep Ridley as a boss.

D

Deleted member

A gentle reminder to keep things civil, not that that seems to be a problem from what I've seen, at least on this board.

I'm sorry for your loss. You all never gave up hope for the character you loved, which, in spite of all the flaming and trolling to the contrary, was based at least partially in reason (multiple, credible sources mentioning him as part of a quartet of Wii U DLC characters, the shadow analysis, etc.).

I posted about this on GameFAQs, but it's ironic, people were so militant about how Ridley had to stay a boss because being a character "would diminish him" or "ruin his character." Nevertheless, here we are with a boss Ridley who's not just a punching bag, but a bloody lapdog, willing to cuddle up to whoever instead of, I don't know, annihilating them?? Fighting back more ferociously??

It's an abomination, and I'm really interested in seeing Sakurai try explaining this one away in Famitsu (if he brought up Dark Pit, you know he'll mention Ridley somewhere. . .). The only way I'd have sympathy here was if the team actively tried adding him as a character, encountered some insurmountable difficulty, and brought about this "gameplay mechanic" as a way to reuse what playable assets they did develop.

If this was their first, best idea for what to do with the character, I don't know what to say, other than that I sincerely hope the next Smash game is developed under new management.

Anyhow, best of luck moving foward. . .I'd recommend pushing for the character in Project M. Hold the developers' feet to the fire by showing them exactly how big a draw playable Ridley can be to a Smash title.
You see it like being a lapdog, I see it like Ridley thinking "****, they're strong enough to kill me!" and just leaving them alone to save his own life.
Like in Other M when Samus nearly killed him or when Anthony got a hit in with his Plasma Gun before Ridley was fully evolved only with less turning tail and fleeing and more Little Birdie levels of manipulation (using a stronger force to assist his goal; in this case, getting rid of the other trespassers in his domain with the possible intent that the one he "sided" would end up being weakened enough to no longer be a threat).

Ridley may be a bloodthirsty monster, but he's not a dumb berserker. You should know that already. So instead of trying to turn this into a "Sakurai's incompetent because Ridley's not playable" look at it more as this portraying more of Ridley's intelligent side.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Oh, we're running again? Okay I guess, but we're probably going to be doomed sometime soon considering we're reaching the 2000 page limit.

Anyways, let me just say I absolutely despise what they did with Ridley on Pyrosphere. Like, first off they say he can transform into Meta Ridley when in reality he just glows... nothing Meta Ridley about that. Secondly, him joining your side? Ridley is probably the character that's least keen on joining anyone's side, so it makes very little sense to say the least. You can also send him flying and all kinds of ****, it's a joke really, Ridley is a joke character in this game. On top of that they turned Pyrosphere into an even bigger circus than we originally thought would happen, such a shame to see an otherwise great stage completely ruined too.

Secondly, even with Mewtwo on the way I still don't think Ridley is ever going to be in. Despite the very clumsy and unfaithful integration of Ridley on the Pyrosphere it's obvious Sakurai and co. put a lot of work into fitting him into that role, they wouldn't have done so if they didn't believe that was the role he's fit for. Fact lies that currently Sakurai does not believe Ridley can be a playable character, otherwise he'd very obviously have been one of the first picks to be on the launch roster, I strongly disagree with this of course, but I simply don't think Sakurai knows or cares enough about Ridley to do him justice.

Good on him for bringing back Mewtwo though, even if I don't care about the character I'm still happy a lot of people got what they wanted.
This is why ya gotta hate creative liberty sometimes. Yeah, Ridley getting beat into submission to become your sidekick is unsettling in its own way, but I still prefer that over him being a Yellow Devil with wings that just explodes.

So he doesn't actually turn into Meta-Ridley like they say?... Now it's just reminding me of Other M's sorry excuse for the Gravity Suit. Like it was kinda there, but it wasn't there at the same time, if that makes sense.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
You see it like being a lapdog, I see it like Ridley thinking "****, they're strong enough to kill me!" and just leaving them alone to save his own life.
Like in Other M when Samus nearly killed him or when Anthony got a hit in with his Plasma Gun before Ridley was fully evolved only with less turning tail and fleeing and more Little Birdie levels of manipulation (using a stronger force to assist his goal; in this case, getting rid of the other trespassers in his domain with the possible intent that the one he "sided" would end up being weakened enough to no longer be a threat).

Ridley may be a bloodthirsty monster, but he's not a dumb berserker. You should know that already. So instead of trying to turn this into a "Sakurai's incompetent because Ridley's not playable" look at it more as this portraying more of Ridley's intelligent side.
And his partner being able to KO Ridley?

D

Deleted member

I doubt a new director is going to change anything. He'll probably respect Sakurai's wish and keep Ridley as a boss.
Technically speaking, we have no idea what a new director would think in regards to characters, let alone Ridley. At least with Sakurai, he has given us at least some idea of how he's picked characters, even if the vast majority of us got most of the newcomers wrong/didn't guess them. A new director is bound to have some differences in how they decide characters and how a new director differ in view from Sakurai could very well be good for Ridley.

We can't assume either way on Ridley's playability in future Smash game until we get said new Smash director in.

D

Deleted member

And his partner being able to KO Ridley?
They're not exactly "allies". Just because Ridley chooses to attack the other combatants instead of the "partner" doesn't mean the "partner" can't use this to take advantage and finish him off. Essentially out-Ridleying Ridley.

No plan is perfect.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
This is why ya gotta hate creative liberty sometimes. Yeah, Ridley getting beat into submission to become your sidekick is unsettling in its own way, but I still prefer that over him being a Yellow Devil with wings that just explodes.
Nah, I'd have much prefered him just being a regular boring boss then, because this is crazy uncharacteristic for Ridley. I mean, it'd be like Ridley suddenly begging for mercy in a Metroid game, whether it be by the hands of Samus or the Metroid Queen, it's ****ing laughable. I'd rather he fights to the last then, like he always does. There's no excuse here or "At least it's better than..." because this is rock bottom for Ridley.

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
@GoldenYuiitusin There's a difference between fleeing and joining up with your enemies, the latter is much more cowardly and desperate, if we look at the manga we can see Ridley resenting new allies and always wanting to feel like the one that's on top. Of course it works to counter the one thing you quoted me on, but that's not really the core problem here.

Nah, I'd have much prefered him just being a regular boring boss then, because this is crazy uncharacteristic for Ridley. I mean, it'd be like Ridley suddenly begging for mercy in a Metroid game, whether it be by the hands of Samus or the Metroid Queen, it's ****ing laughable. I'd rather he fights to the last then, like he always does. There's no excuse here or "At least it's better than..." because this is rock bottom for Ridley.
That's hope Nintendo can compensate the rage by having more plot involve with Ridley in future metroid games. How about Ridley power up between the battle? It is at least have something in the game. Some bias or clones characters are rant for being in the rosters, and those characters are nearly dead or not as popular as metroid. If the developer team is planning another smash brother. Then they WILL NOT HAVE NO EXCUSE RIDLEY IS NOT PLAYABLE. JUST LOOK AT THE PLAYABLEISHLY MECHANIC IN THE STAGE!

D

Deleted member

@GoldenYuiitusin There's a difference between fleeing and joining up with your enemies, the latter is much more cowardly and desperate, if we look at the manga we can see Ridley resenting new allies and always wanting to feel like the one that's on top. Of course it works to counter the one thing you quoted me on, but that's not really the core problem here.
He seemed ok with Dark Samus making him and the Space Pirates her *******.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
You know, I can see where you're coming from, but for some reason, Super Metroid Ridley, aka, the original Ridley, seems to fit your description of how Ridley should behave more than this Ridley. Thinking about it, yeah Ridley helping anyone does seem pretty weird, but Roidley is kinda suppose to be a "younger" Ridley and might not think he's capable of handling his threats. Although I feel like that Ridley at least is a vicious boss and somewhat "on model", I can see that not everything is "perfect" from your perspective.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
He seemed ok with Dark Samus making him and the Space Pirates her *****es.
Because they share a common goal, there's really no indication that Dark Samus is above Ridley in leadership in Prime 3 either, some of the space pirates hailed her as a saint because of the power she brought, but I feel like there are stronger indications that Ridley was still leading the Space Pirates as he was upfront in the attack on Norion, not to mention he was actually with them on the Space Pirate Homeworld. It was more like a source of power than a new leader, the Space Pirates didn't need Dark Samus, they just needed the Phazon at the end of the day as shown by Dark Samus' constant absence throughout the game.

In Smash Wii U he's being made into someone's *****, he teams up with an enemy because duh, that's not comparable.

Last edited:

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
You think this is what I ultimately wanted out of him dude? Still better to me though than what I was expecting out of him for awhile (still trumps Metal Face and all the other bosses far as I'm concerned), and I definitely wouldn't go as far as to compare it to him begging for mercy, but I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on the preferences for non-playable Rids.

Don't be a jerk to me when I've been supporting Ridley as long as you (referring to your current aggressive tone right now which I do not appreciate).

Last edited:
Hearing you guys want a new director huh? Maybe it is the doom day for the characters by Sakurai and the developers? I am not offending in any shape of form, but can we imagine without buff up kirby characters and fewer items from Kids Icraus?

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Okay, what about Mother Brain then? Ridley had no problem with her becoming the leader and making the Zebesian pirates a hivemind that would follow her.

Cyberguy64

Smash Journeyman
Okay, what about Mother Brain then? Ridley had no problem with her becoming the leader and making the Zebesian pirates a hivemind that would follow her.
That "Hivemind" nonsense is Other M based. As for the rest of it, they shared a common goal, and, as I believe was mentioned before, he was still chafing partnered to her and wanted to Starscream as soon as he had what he wanted. That's not kowtowing to someone who beats you in a fight.

Ragna22

Smash Ace
Call me overly optimistic but I think there's still a slight sliver of hope, I'm of course talking about DLC, Ridley could still be DLC and the way I see it working with stage boss Ridley is like this.

For one we know they're using the Other M Ridley so why not make the playable version skin and bones Ridley from the older games? Yeah you could argue that it'd clash with Samus having her Other M design but at the same time Zero Suit Samus' design in this game is a hybrid of her Other M and Zero Mission design and she even has the jet heels which never appeared in any other Metroid game and as for size? Let's put it this aay, Bowser in Smash is about as large as he was in the NES Mario games where he was just a little bigger than Mario, after that era Bowser was almost always monstrously huge, in Ridley's case he was about Samus' hight in the original Metroid, NES limitations or not they could very well use that as the base for the size of a playable Ridley.

And that's my reasoning lol, maybe it's a stretch but I'll still use it as a reason for why I think he can still make it, I BELIEVE! Seriously thoughif he doesn't become playable alright whatever but as long as I have my reasoning and as long as the DLC keeps coming I'll still hold onto hope.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Hearing you guys want a new director huh? Maybe it is the doom day for the characters by Sakurai and the developers? I am not offending in any shape of form, but can we imagine without buff up kirby characters and fewer items from Kids Icraus?
Though a new director isn't all that likely imo, I'm sure if a new one was considered, I believe mostly that stuff would mostly stay the same. Meaning DP would still be a direct clone and not declonefied.

EchoesOfRain

Smash Apprentice
Well mewtwo returning proves that we were right in holding onto SOME hope of Ridley appearing, but now it really is unsettling...The one thing that bother me is when people say things like "Sakurai must really believe that Ridley can't be playable" when we have the friggin Duck Hunt Dog. DHD proves that pretty much any character can be made into a fighter somehow, with enough effort.

Personally, I'm going to hold onto the slimmest bit of hope that Ridley may appear as playable, but maybe with a different design. Right now, Smash Wii U is proving to easily be the biggest smash bros ever. Considering other Nintendo games getting good DLC content, Smash Bros is almost certain to get several DLC packs, probably including more fighters. I'd find it very odd to not include Ridley, one of THE most requested fighters of all time, as part of some distant future dlc pack. I'm not going to let this thought get to me though, as the chances are incredibly slim. It's just a faint glimmer of hope

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Call me overly optimistic but I think there's still a slight sliver of hope, I'm of course talking about DLC, Ridley could still be DLC and the way I see it working with stage boss Ridley is like this.

For one we know they're using the Other M Ridley so why not make the playable version skin and bones Ridley from the older games? Yeah you could argue that it'd clash with Samus having her Other M design but at the same time Zero Suit Samus' design in this game is a hybrid of her Other M and Zero Mission design and she even has the jet heels which never appeared in any other Metroid game and as for size? Let's put it this aay, Bowser in Smash is about as large as he was in the NES Mario games where he was just a little bigger than Mario, after that era Bowser was almost always monstrously huge, in Ridley's case he was about Samus' hight in the original Metroid, NES limitations or not they could very well use that as the base for the size of a playable Ridley.

And that's my reasoning lol, maybe it's a stretch but I'll still use it as a reason for why I think he can still make it, I BELIEVE! Seriously thoughif he doesn't become playable alright whatever but as long as I have my reasoning and as long as the DLC keeps coming I'll still hold onto hope.
Never falter, friend. Although Ridley's fate is "set" as of now, I cannot see him not going further and eventually becoming playable. I don't really see why DLC can't happen, it would just be considered like "hacking in" a playable Ridley, just officially. So yeah, I will keep on hoping and supporting Ridley as playable. :)

The one thing that bother me is when people say things like "Sakurai must really believe that Ridley can't be playable" when we have the friggin Duck Hunt Dog. DHD proves that pretty much any character can be made into a fighter somehow, with enough effort.
Thank you, you don't know how much I agree to this. :)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Because they share a common goal, there's really no indication that Dark Samus is above Ridley in leadership in Prime 3 either, some of the space pirates hailed her as a saint because of the power she brought, but I feel like there are stronger indications that Ridley was still leading the Space Pirates as he was upfront in the attack on Norion, not to mention he was actually with them on the Space Pirate Homeworld. It was more like a source of power than a new leader, the Space Pirates didn't need Dark Samus, they just needed the Phazon at the end of the day as shown by Dark Samus' constant absence throughout the game.

In Smash Wii U he's being made into someone's *****, he teams up with an enemy because duh, that's not comparable.
According to the Biography of Ridley page on the Metroid Wiki:
Despite his fall, Meta Ridley somehow survived. Sometime before the events of Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Dark Samus used the power of Phazon to make not only the Pirate ship Colossus's crew, but also all the inhabitants of Urtraghus (a pirate homeworld) bow to her will, with Meta Ridley included. Now loyal to her, he played a role in the Norion invasion, where Samus fought him once again.
And the Biography of Dark Samus page:
Sometime between the events of Metroid Prime 2: Echoes and Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, the Galactic Federation, seeing great use for the mutagenic substance, took some of the Phazon from Aether. However, they left most of it behind, and the Space Pirate crew of the battleship Colossus soon collected the remaining Phazon. However, they would soon find out to their horror that they had unknowingly taken the particles of Dark Samus as well. Using the Phazon collected by the Space Pirates, Dark Samus regained her physical form (now with a more armored look to it) and wiped out a third of the Space Pirates aboard the ship. She then used her Phazon energy to brainwash the rest into accepting her as their new leader with the promises of incredible riches and power.

With the Pirates so suckered into her megalomanical schemes, a quasi-religious cult began to form around her and they followed her every whim. She taught the crew to turn the Colossus into a mighty Phazon-fueled craft. She then left them for several months to locate the source of all Phazon - the planet Phaaze. During her absence, her followers maintained order by executing those who doubted that she would return.
During her journey, she encountered a Leviathan and used her energy to take control of it which led her to Phaaze. For Dark Samus, the chance to control the source of all Phazon was a chance to control the universe. Dark Samus absorbed a tremendous amount of Phazon, increasing her power to new heights. She then returned to the Pirates with the Leviathan and commanded them to follow it through the wormhole to Phaaze. She then revealed her plan to take control of the planet and the Genesis Chamber to speed up Leviathan production and spread Phazon across the universe. How to do this was a dilemma, but a solution soon presented itself in the form of the Federation's Aurora Units.

Under her orders, the Space Pirates attacked the G.F.S. Valhalla and stole the ship's Aurora Unit, 313. If the survivors of the raid expected mercy, they did not receive any. Under Dark Samus' orders, the pirates jettisoned the survivors into the cold depths of space. The Aurora Unit was corrupted with Phazon and implanted into Phaaze, allowing Dark Samus to directly control the planet and all of its assets - including the Leviathans. The first Leviathan that she controlled was sent to the Space Pirate Homeworld. According to Space Pirate Data, the Space Pirates on the homeworld that had not been brought under Dark Samus' control fought back against the Leviathan, but failed. All remaining Pirates were brainwashed.
As for why the entire last paragraph is highlighted, didn't Ridley become a Leviathan guardian when he became Omega Ridley?

Granted, it is a Wiki, which is not always a reliable source, but is this not accurate?

That was because of the influence of Phazon though.
The entire Space Pirate Homeworld was brain washed.
That doesn't mean she didn't make them her *******.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
That "Hivemind" nonsense is Other M based. As for the rest of it, they shared a common goal, and, as I believe was mentioned before, he was still chafing partnered to her and wanted to Starscream as soon as he had what he wanted. That's not kowtowing to someone who beats you in a fight.
The hivemind concept existed in the Zero Mission manga awhile before Other M was made.

Anyway, yeah. I get that they shared a common goal, but fact is Ridley has no problem with others being on top/in charge. Not saying that it makes what they did with him on Pyrosphere right, but it is what it is.

Top Bottom