• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
what if one of the Music updates they are doing now is Vs. Ridley?
Waiting for the update, I do hope they'll have Ridley's theme this time.
EDIT: for christs sake dont let this be the one day that you are NOT going to add music

I believe in the idea of proving people wrong through actions so that's why I want Ridley in, I WANT Sakurai to show the people that size doesn't matter in Smash, I WANT Miiverse to get set on fire the moment we find out Ridley is in, I WANT the Ridley haters to be like "....Okay he's kinda cool."

I'll admit I used to be one of those guys who thought his Pyrosphere appearence killed his chances at being playable after the Smash Direct but then I eventually remembered the whole Toon Link and Spirit Tracks situation and that's when I came up with this. If Ridley happens to become playable, the boss Ridley in Pyrosphere could very easily be swapped out for one of Ridley's many clones throughout the Metroid series, so with that said, bring on Ridley.
Well, due to the differences in proportions between Roidley and pretty much every other Ridley incarnation, making him swappable would mean making two different bosses. Not saying it's impossible, just unlikely.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
I believe in the idea of proving people wrong through actions so that's why I want Ridley in, I WANT Sakurai to show the people that size doesn't matter in Smash, I WANT Miiverse to get set on fire the moment we find out Ridley is in, I WANT the Ridley haters to be like "....Okay he's kinda cool."

I'll admit I used to be one of those guys who thought his Pyrosphere appearence killed his chances at being playable after the Smash Direct but then I eventually remembered the whole Toon Link and Spirit Tracks situation and that's when I came up with this. If Ridley happens to become playable, the boss Ridley in Pyrosphere could very easily be swapped out for one of Ridley's many clones throughout the Metroid series, so with that said, bring on Ridley.
Honestly... I just want Ridley in the game because I am a fan of his character and I am interested in playing as one of Nintendo's most prominent antagonists. I could care less what the detractors believe or do not believe.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
what if one of the Music updates they are doing now is Vs. Ridley?
I'd be a little worried because the last time we were given Ridley's theme before the release of a Smash Bros. game, it indirectly disconfirmed him.

IIRC, King Dedede's theme was revealed alongside the character himself, and so was Meta Knight's theme, at least sometime afterwards.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Then let me ask you this: What is Ridley's DRIVE for joining the Space Pirates to destroy the Galactic Federation?
...Vengeance...Pure vengeance...According to Metroid's manual, Ridley was a native of Planet Zebes before the Chozos and the Galactic Federation colonized it....and Ridley is the last of his kind after the Galactic Federation launched a mass-genocide operation on Ridley's species....As for the reason...

A Possible reason is that the Galactic Federation wanted to remove the Space Dragons out of the way so that the GF can extract ZEBETITE from Zebes's mines......The Galactic Federation SOMEHOW publicized to the galaxy that Space Dragons are dangerous and must be eliminated.
The mass-genocide is only a "cover" for the GF's true intentions: Claiming Zebes and its mines.

Sure, Ridley has been doing missions here and there but all these missions were to bolster the Space Pirates forces and debilitate the Galactic Federation...A good example is the Metroid Manga: Ridley invades K-2L because:
1) Presence of Aflorotite, a powerful explosive ore that could be used in developing weapons
2) The mining colony is owned by the Galactic Federation....This is proven how Samus's father refused to share Aflorotite with the Chozos who visited K-2L.

I'm sure most of you guys have seen this pic
Even the mighty, ruthless Space Dragon hesitates to kill Samus....but decides to kill her anyways and here is a possible reason
Ridley ordered all of his soldiers to kill all civilians in K-2L before collecting the loot.....Samus encounters Ridley and asks him to be friends despite all that's happening around.
Ridley assumes that Samus's family has already died in the Pirate raid....and The Dragon feels remorse for the Little girl who is all alone in this world....So Ridley decides to kill her quickly and relieve her of the pain of living alone....Ridley knows this pain too well....He lost his family and kin when the Galactic Federation launched the mass-genocide operation on Zebes.

Samus's Mother pushes Samus out of the way and down a crevice from Ridley's Plasma Breath...but gets torched in the process.....While Samus's dad goes kamikaze and destroys the Aflorotite, engulfing the whole area in a huge explosion and burning everyone, including Ridley.

Now everyone keeps saying that Ridley ate Samus's parents...but it is NOT POSSIBLE AT ALL....Samus's mom got torched by Ridley plasma attack, and she was not wearing any protective armor.
Samus's dad got caught in the Aflorotite explosion that most likely reduced him to ashes. It IS likely that Ridley was fed
bio-matter to survive death but not from Samus's parents corpses since there were no corpses at all.

Ridley was most likely pissed off that the Aflorotite explosion messed up his spine and burned him half-to-death.

The Galactic Federation "corruption" could extend to other races, people, planets......The Space Pirates is, after all, an anarchy bend to destroy the elitist, tyrannical Galactic Federation....and there are almost infinite individuals out there who also, like Ridley, got hurt by the Galactic Federation and seek vengeance by joining the Space Pirates.
Nintendo, you better start working on a new Metroid game...and if possible, let Ridley take the Protagonist spotlight for a change of pace....Sammy SERIOUSLY needs a vacation.
Late to catching up on here, but I absolutely love your take on Ridley's backstory, though still kinda think he should've taken Samus in/adopted her whilst having the rest of the K-2L colonists wiped out, instead of just trying to outright kill her... And since she was just a little girl at the time she wouldn't necessarily know he was behind the whole massacre, until maybe she got older. A Frieza and Vegeta kind of relationship I guess.

hot coffee

Smash Cadet
A random picture of Palutena on pyrosphere just got uploaded to the smash bros miiverse for seemingly no reason at all. It reminds me of last week when we got a random picture of Meta Knight on that stage. Ridley confirmed.

LockFelino

Smash Master
3DS FC
1719-3394-3527
A random picture of Palutena on pyrosphere just got uploaded to the smash bros miiverse for seemingly no reason at all. It reminds me of last week when we got a random picture of Meta Knight on that stage. Ridley confirmed.
But the Pic of the Day's of the customisation of the Mii Fighter owo. Unless of course I'm looking in the wrong place.

G1_Shockwave

Smash Cadet
I'd be a little worried because the last time we were given Ridley's theme before the release of a Smash Bros. game, it indirectly disconfirmed him.

IIRC, King Dedede's theme was revealed alongside the character himself, and so was Meta Knight's theme, at least sometime afterwards.

Yeah.. he is done for if that happens.

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135
But the Pic of the Day's of the customisation of the Mii Fighter owo. Unless of course I'm looking in the wrong place.
Checked Miiverse director's room for Smash and normal smash miiverse, no sign of anything either, just going to assume trolling unless they link back to the source (they didn't even post the pic).

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I'll take that as a no. Both the boss and the character are Roidley.

Did they manage to make his model not look awkward? What's the deal with the Pyroshpere stage boss situation? Does Sakurai or the team leave any nods to the blatant drama regarding him for the past years?

he looks great. hes flying mostly upright, with his arms and legs in a semi-crouched position, tail twitching behind him. hes the stage boss. he just enters in a cut-scene attacking whichever player is "winning" the match and then stays to fight one stock. Sakurai is away that he is highly requested in the west, thats why he is being treated this way.

Does Ridley suck? I don't want him op, just to not suck. I'll main him either way though.

he seems good. he feels like wolf to me.

Tell me more about ridley. I'm bored, **** it. here. basically, what design he is/based off, how he plays, alts, whatever you got

like the Other M design, but smaller and always flying. purple (default), red, green, brown, orange, black with red eyes.

Is Ridley the biggest character? How does he look next to Bowser?

Hes taller because hes in the air, but if he were standing in that same position he would be much smaller if you ignored his wings.

Omg what is Ridley's Final Smash?! Either you missed my question or you're ignoring it :/

Didn't see it asked. he grabs an opponent and takes them into the air, breaths fire and burns them for a while before slamming them HARD on the stage

Take it with a grain of salt.
Here's a link, but take discussion of Bowser Jr. and Dark Pit to the leak thread.
What? Both? Wouldn't it be better to not include boss Ridley then? That requires time and resources to make. Or its like a "challenger aproaching" at the end of the match? That doesn't makes any sense IMO. Anyway, sounds good to me, but i think it is fake and sounds weird.
Zamus did not have jet heels and bracelets in Other M.
Everything else is from Other M, but better i guess. Bracelets and jet heels never appeared in any other game sin.
Also, if Sakurai shows Ridley as a boss, will you still think he can come playable this smash?
I will, seeing how they could pull an Alfonzo.
No. There is no Ridley that could replace him and we won't get Ridley as playable character. Only Roidley or Ridley with design based off Roidley's and no Hazardley. No other option is possible.
Ridley giving Roidley a piggy-back ride.
Or Ridley and Roidley as guest characters in Kirby Return to Dreamland game and being forced to "share"...:troll:
...i prefer your idea over that. AndreaAC made it look great.
Late to catching up on here, but I absolutely love your take on Ridley's backstory, though still kinda think he should've taken Samus in/adopted her whilst having the rest of the K-2L colonists wiped out, instead of just trying to outright kill her... And since she was just a little girl at the time she wouldn't necessarily know he was behind the whole massacre, until maybe she got older. A Frieza and Vegeta kind of relationship I guess.
Then she would not get Chozo Power Suit and Space Pirates had nothing like that before (purple/pink Space Pirates is closest thing to it, but it just gives them better defense and Gravity Suit's traits). And Ridley would not like having a human in the crew anyway, being "superiour" (he is - a large space dragon is superiour to/than human unless that human has a power suit) and stuff like that.

Last edited:

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Yeah.. he is done for if that happens.
Probably, though refresh my memory, but has anyone ever had their theme music in a PotD, and then later been eventually confirmed? I'm guessing not, but just to be sure...

Then she would not get Chozo Power Suit and Space Pirates had nothing like that before (purple/pink Space Pirates is closest thing to it, but it just gives them better defense and Gravity Suit's traits).

And Ridley would not like having a human in the crew anyway, being "superiour" (he is - a large space dragon is superiour to/than human unless that human has a power suit) and stuff like that.
She could still get the Chozo DNA and all that, just it would happen at a later time than as a child, like when she eventually learns what really happens, so she quietly betrays Ridley and ends up meeting the Chozo during her quest in plotting against him, and they tell her what her real destiny is, etc. A sadistically manipulative Ridley that initially "made her life a lie" is just a concept I fancy, don't mind me. :lick:

*shrug* Ridley's superior to dem wingless Chozos too and yet he put up with them when he had to, especially Gray Voice. Don't think it'd be below him to do the same with a human if it suited him/his needs.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
I always saw Ridley as the anti Samus. Ridley and Samus had the same tragic backstory. Samus' backstory molded her into a hero because she chooses justice, while Ridley's backstory molded him into a villain because he chooses hate.

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
Don't think it'd be below him to do the same with a human if it suited him/his needs.
Oh, that's some pleasant mental imagery, brain, thank you.

I always saw Ridley as the anti Samus. Ridley and Samus had the same tragic backstory. Samus' backstory molded her into a hero because she chooses justice, while Ridley's backstory molded him into a villain because he chooses hate.
Nice way of putting it, it's a yin/yang kinda thing.

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135
In Other M Ridley in his infant stage aka Little Birdie tricked the scientist into thinking he was dead, so Ridley could kill him and escape, being evil is just in his blood, there's nothing tragic about him.

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
Ridley's final smash can be green blood on the green grass.
It turns the entire stage into grass and makes all the other playable characters search for green blood.
While they are busy they cannot attack you but you can murderize their faces.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It turns the entire stage into grass and makes all the other playable characters search for green blood.
What?

Koopaul

Smash Champion
In Other M Ridley in his infant stage aka Little Birdie tricked the scientist into thinking he was dead, so Ridley could kill him and escape, being evil is just in his blood, there's nothing tragic about him.
Screw Other M for ruining both Samus AND Ridley!

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
It's not really being "evil" as it is being strategic and intelligent. That is what seperates him from most of the other monsters that Samus meets, and that at the same time is what makes him so dangerous compared to them.
Also, considering what constitutes for "science" in Metroid, Ridley probably retained his former memories.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Just imagine it more as Ridley using her as food if there will be not enough incompetent Space Pirates left (Space Pirates are cannibals and most likely are tasty, so, even if Ridley is not from same species, he will still eat them if required) when they will have nothing left in fridge because Kraid was hungry and no one dared to stop him from getting to the fridge for obvious reasons. Then it becomes better and more fitting. Better than...that.
Looks more like he just likes to kill. It explains unnecessary massacre on Samus' homeworld since they could just steal that fuel and maybe conquer the colony instead of stealing the fuel while still killing everyone they see, just being more careful before they got that fuel to prevent some really unpleasant explosions. So, he either just likes to kill, he kills every inferious creature or both.
Screw Other M for ruining both Samus AND Ridley!
Other M actually turned Ridley into more than a boss. While it ruined Samus' nonexistent personality (What? She is still bada** and silent during gameplay and when everyone is dead/there is no one to talk with? Who cares?), it showed Ridley as intelligent and a creature as dangerous as metroids (or even station full of metroids) or even more dangerous than metroids and THAT is already something. MP1 and MP3 showed that, but not too much.

Last edited:

kaydon_esker

Smash Apprentice

DeDeDe's theme wasn't officially revealed until after the game's release, and Meta Knight's Revenge was revealed after the E3 trailer, though admittedly before his character page was posted on the site.

But yeah, it certainly wouldn't be a point in Ridley's favour if his theme gets announced before the game comes out...for now I'm still cautiously optimistic.

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
Oh. Oh man.
Oh. I wanna see that now.
Alternative Universe where Ridley raises Samus

Ridley1994

Smash Cadet
The possibility of little birdy retaining his former memories can be easily theorized thanks to Metroid's ties to the Alien series. To me Ridley displayed too much intelligence and strategy to be just a simple clone.

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
Looks like Nintendo (Japan) have posted a tweet on twitter about a new Nintendo Direct for the 29th August, it is a 3DS based direct.

There should be a Smash Bros. stuff for it. I'm not expecting Ridley for it, but it would be nice if he was revealed playable then.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Well as someone pointed out earlier, sympathizeable villains have become a sort of cliche now, so I simply posted my manipulative take on Ridley as an alternative.

Your fault for taking it that way.

We don't know how Ridley (the original) even became evil; the circumstances in which he did had to have been different from his more animalistic clone though at least. Plus the clone possibly having the original's memories and all that.

Other M actually turned Ridley into more than a boss. While it ruined Samus' nonexistent personality (What? She is still bada** and silent during gameplay and when everyone is dead/there is no one to talk with? Who cares?), it showed Ridley as intelligent and a creature as dangerous as metroids (or even station full of metroids) or even more dangerous than metroids and THAT is already something. MP1 and MP3 showed that, but not too much.
Basically more or less what I try to say every time someone claims that Other M ruined Ridley.. Well put.

DeDeDe's theme wasn't officially revealed until after the game's release, and Meta Knight's Revenge was revealed after the E3 trailer, though admittedly before his character page was posted on the site.

But yeah, it certainly wouldn't be a point in Ridley's favour if his theme gets announced before the game comes out...for now I'm still cautiously optimistic.
Hm, I see... Thanks for the clarification.

Last edited:

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Looks like Nintendo (Japan) have posted a tweet on twitter about a new Nintendo Direct for the 29th August, it is a 3DS based direct.

There should be a Smash Bros. stuff for it. I'm not expecting Ridley for it, but it would be nice if he was revealed playable then.
JAPAN!?
Hope a direct for America comes soon! And I hope it'll reveal Ridley! (And Bandana Dee)

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
We agreed that was Little Birdie as an item!

If Japan is the only country to have that direct, it probably means nothing

Zawaz132

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Zawaz132
Updated yet again
I see I didn't miss out on any new Ridley news. Not that there ever is much anyways.
And yet we still have Ridley stuff to talk about/draw/superimpose! If that isn't proof that Ridley has an insane amount of love for him and that he'd be a much welcomed character, I don't know what would.

Space Pirates/Ridley supporters:
A
-AcanthusLux
-AEM
-Aenglaan
-AetherEch0s
-Afrodude
-afrozenaer0
-aldelaro5
-ARidley
-AncientTobacco
-andimidna
-AndreaAC
-Angelglory
-Anomilus
-APC99
-AquaDork1
-Arcanir
-ArcticWolf
-Ascended
-A'tal Rekramesh
-AuraShaman

B
-BaganSmashBros
-bananija
-Banjodorf
-Ben Holt
-BerryBomber
-berserker01
-bigbro2233
-BKupa666
-Blackmamba618
-BlindFox
-BlueBubbee
-BluePikmin11
-bobadz
-Body Man
-bombers14
-BowserK.Rool
-Bowserlick
-BoxedCookies
-BravadoMan_13
-Bravetriforcer
-Brawler610
-BridgesWithTurtles

C
-CalumG
-CamZilla94
-Capt. Butt Stallion
-Catydoll409
-CCD23
-CardiganBoy
-Carolus Rex
-cephalopod17
-Chase
-Chris Baker
-ChronoBound
-CJReynz1492
-Claire Diviner
-Cobalsh
-CombatScouter
-Connery
-Con0rrr
-coolmancool
-Cpt.
-Crainy
-Crocovile
-Cyberguy64
-CyberWolfJV TheGuy07

D
-D-idara
-DakotaBonez
Dalek_Kolt
-Dark Phazon
-darksamus77
-DarkSouls
-ddd87
-DeadlyLampshade
-DekuBoy
-DilowcsNollsnn
-dimensionsword64
-dlbpc
-domokl
-domriver
-Dracandros
-drag0nscythe
-Dragalon
-Dragomire
-DraginHikari
-Drclaw411
-DrizzyDrew
-Dromader
-DustyPumpkin

E
-egaddmario
-Eisendrachen
-El Fonz0
-eltaconojado
-Elite Gaymer
-Ember Reaper
-Empyrean
-Enderman_Aura
-EricTheGamerman
-ErictheLone
-Erimir
-ES. Dinah
-Eskelsen
-Exeggutor

F
-FalKoopa
-False Sense
-Farrac
-Fastblade5035
-Final Smash Gamer
-FinalStarmen
-FireEmblemnier
-FirstBlade
-foolssigma
-FooltheFlames
-Fr3aky Fight3r
-FreeFallUp
-Frostwraith

G
-Gam3rALO
-Game&Watcher
-GAMERG0D
-Garteam
-Gaxel
-Geno Boost
-GiantBreadbug
-Ginamudkipz
-Gingerbread Man
-GiornoGiovanna
-Glaciacott
-Glaqux
-Glyphoscythe
-God Robert's Cousin
-Godzillathewonderdog
-Gohan
-GoldenYuiitusin
-GraveEclipse567
-GreenKirby
-Grimnir
-Groose
-GTA_Hater_331
-Guybrush20X6

H
-Hank Hill
-HarryTheChin
-Headcrab Jackalope
-helmsplitter12
-Hero_42
-Hidan
-Homelessvagrant
-Hotfeet444
-HylianHeroBigBoss
-Hyper_Ridley
-Hyral

I
-I_hate_usernames
-IAm2Sarcastic4U
-iam8bit
-Iddis
-Igneous42
-IhaveSonar
-Ike the Killer
-iluvnintendo1983
-imabeast78
-Inawordyes
-Irarius
-IsmaR

J
-JavaCroc
-Jakor
-JediLink
-JhMS
-John12346
-Johnknight1

K
-Kalimdori
-Kamiko
-KankerSore
-Keeshu
-KenithTheGatherer
-Kevandre
-Kevinhend
-KidBuuEatsYou
-kikaru
-Kikwi-Kiwi
-KillerCRS
-Kind Dedede
-KingofPhantoms47
-KingShadow
-Kirbizard
-Kirbunny431
-KMAL
-Koopaul
-kylexv

L
-lanky_gunner
-LaniusShrike
-Lasifer
-LaughingLuigi
-Layupfreak
-LazerRage
-legendofrob1
-LEGOfan12
-leprechaunlink727
-Link_enfant
-LiteTheIronMan
_Little-Mac!!
-Lizardon
-LockFelino
-Lolo Lolo
-LoneR.O.B.
-Lord Danongor
-Louie G.
-Lugubrious
-LunarDistortion
-lurxy

M
-MagnesD3
-majora_787
-Malle
-Mang@Tortle
-Mansana
-MargnetMan23
-Mario_and_Sonic_Guy
-Master of Bones
-MasterofMonster
-MasterWarlord
-Meandpikachu
-Mega Bidoof
-Megadoomer
-Megalon72
-Mega Dunsparce
-Megazero64
-MelMoe
-Meta-Kraid
-MewtwoX825
-Mistermagius
-moneyfrenzy
-MonK4
-MorbidAltruism
-Mr. Mumbles
-Mr.Seven
-MischF
-MSmariosonic
-Mypantisgone
-Myuutsufan4832

N
-N3ON
-NastCF
-Ndayday
-Neanderthal
-Neighbor_Kid
-NeoRidley
-Nietona
-NickerBocker
-Nitro21
-Niko Mar
-NinthWonder
-NJ_Gamer
-NK1046
-No Control
-Norm
-Not Rick.
-NukeA6

O
-Oasis_S
-OblivionWolf
-OcarinaOfDoom
-OctiVick
-O D I N
-Olekidsf
-Omega-Smasher
-Onyx Oblivian
-Opossum
-Oracle_Summon
-oxyborb

P
-Pacack
-papagenos
-PerfectChaos9
-Phaazoid
-Phyvo
-Pieman0920
-Pikablu Pikachu
-pikachugamer21
-Pikmin1211
-pizzadudemanguy
-PokéMurio
-Poopmin
-PostmortemMessiah
-ppbto
-ProjectAngel
-Protom
-PSIguy89
-psyniac_123
-PurpleSpaceDragon

Q
-QuickLava

R
-R_Trigger
-R.O.B.
-RaccoonBL
-Radical Beam
-RadRedi
-RavenKingSage
-Reader
-Rebellious Treecko
-Redgohan147
-RegiGiygas117
-Reila
-Relax Alax
-Reznor
-Ridles the Space Pirate
-Ridley_Prime
-Ridley22
-Ridley1994
-Ridleyfighter
-Ridley won't be playable
-RODO
-RomanceDawn
-Rosalina suporter
-RoseyBetch
-Ryan.
-Ryuma

S
-Sabrewulf238
-Sahfarry
-Sazarith
-ScatmansWorld25
-Scoliosis Jones
-schniderx
-SchAlternate
-Sebz
-Sehnsucht
-SethTheMage
-Shaboba
-Shagadelic_Baby
-Shaking//very
-Shaya
-sheik93
-Shiliski
-shinpichu
-Shinru202
-Shorts
-Shotguner159
-shrooby
-Sid-cada
-Sigran101
-silver_blade001
-SinisterLizard
-skaaaa
-Skiwage
-Smash Daddy
-SmasherMaster
-Smashoperatingbuddy123
-SmashShadow
-SmilingMad
-Sobreviviente
-SolarStar
-Soupenomics
-soviet prince
-Spazzy_D
-SS-bros14
-SS-bSeven
-MischF
-Staarih
-StaffofSmashing
-Star-Lord
-Starphoenix
-Steelia
-stevenchina
-Strider_Bond00J
-StupendousMike
-Substitute
-SuperLittleTY
-SuperMasterHand
-Super Omega Meta Ridley X
-SuperSegaSonicSS
-SureNsync
-SvartWolf
-Swampasaur

T
-Taco Cruise
-TaichiYaegashi
-TBone06
-TCRhade
-TCT~Phantom
-TehEpicRyuga
-Terrazi Terrajin
-Tetra's Tracker
-TewnLeenk
-The Black mage
-TheCreator
-The Curious Volnutt
-TheDivineDeity
-T-Hell
-TheBrainJemin
-TheGalaxyKnight
-thethirdkoopa
-TheJohnMonster
-Thekewlusername
-The Legendary Beast
-The Pizza Guy
-The Real Gamer
-TheSqushiestManatee
-The Soulless One
-TheTuninator
-Therminthral
-TheWozny
-Thor_Hammerschlag
-TitanTeaTime
-ToasterBrains
-ToothiestAura
-Toxicroaker
-Tree Cat
-Trigger123
-TrueBlueHero
-TumblrFamous
-Tweezer Salad
-Typs

U
-U-Throw
-UberMadman
-UltimateWario
-Ultinarok
-UnstableBeing

V
-Vann Accessible
-VenomSymbiote
-Venus of the Desert Bloom
-vicgur
-Vintage Creep
-Volodya
-Vyzor

W
-Waluigi
-Waluigi is too big
-Waluridleykryrool
-Wariofan1
-WayfaringElf
-Wegenbarth
-Welshy91
-Wiiner159
-wildvine47
-WingedSnagret

X
-Xenoblaze
-Xenorange
-XenothiumX
-Xhampi
-Xzsmmc

Y
-Yoichi Hiruma
-Yonder
-yosharioIII
-YoshiandToad
-Young Horsetail
-Youngster Joey

Z
-Z1GMA
-ZanZero
-Zawaz132
-Zekersaurus
-Zekrom101
-Zem-raj
-Zero-X
-ZeroJinKui
-Zhadgon
-Zoroarking
-Zuba Oki
-Zynux
-Zzuxon

Numbers
-0ShadowStories
-3Bismyname
-8-bit Man
-8-peacock-8
-88Hex

Other
- ---
- _R@bid_
- 鉄腕アトム
-.Shìkì
There's always room for more!
*Last updated 6:25 AM central US time

Last edited:

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Last time I heard there would be a direct soon it ended up being false so I didn't know how to react to that at first but um.. cool? I swear if it just reveals what we already know thanks to the earlier leak... then there will be nothing for us really worth noting.

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135
We don't know how Ridley (the original) even became evil; the circumstances in which he did had to have been different from his more animalistic clone though at least. Plus the clone possibly having the original's memories and all that.

Not every villain needs to have a origin story where they started off good or neutral and something turned them dark. The whole tragic back story cliché is starting to get annoying, thanks in no small part to maleficent. I'd rather not have that happen to Ridley anyway, he's meant to be the cunning god of death, not Spyro the dragon's misunderstood space counterpart.

Last edited:

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
JAPAN!?
Hope a direct for America comes soon! And I hope it'll reveal Ridley! (And Bandana Dee)
Neither Nintendo of America or Nintendo of Europe (and their UK branch account) have tweeted about it yet.

Seriously, if the Direct shows one of the leaked characters (Shulk, Dark Pit, Duck Hunt Dog, Bowser Jr.), that's pretty much the opposite of hyping up the game to me.

I get that Ridley isn't quite as appreciated in Japan as he is in the west (though he's better known than Little Mac), but his reveal as a playable character would arguably cause a massive rise in hype before launch.

Edit: Hm, I just noticed, the direct is at 20:00 JST, which is 12:00 BST (07:00 EST / 04:00 PST?)...

Last edited:

Zawaz132

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Zawaz132
Last time I heard there would be a direct soon it ended up being false so I didn't know how to react to that at first but um.. cool? I swear if it just reveals what we already know thanks to the earlier leak... then there will be nothing for us really worth noting.
This seems pretty legit
https://twitter.com/Nintendo/status/504948327532617728

Even if you don't read Japanese, it says Nintendo 3DS Direct in English lol

*Sorry if this isn't Ridley related. But hey, any Direct has potential Ridley news amirite?

Last edited:

LunarDistortion

Lord of the Nigelchu's
NNID
Lunar_Distortion
3DS FC
4639-9294-0127
Switch FC
SW-4041-3028-0448
I think at most only two of the big three really have much chance anymore, Mewtwo and Ridley. K. Rool I just can't see anymore.

Updated yet again
I see I didn't miss out on any new Ridley news. Not that there ever is much anyways.
And yet we still have Ridley stuff to talk about/draw/superimpose! If that isn't proof that Ridley has an insane amount of love for him and that he'd be a much welcomed character, I don't know what would.

Space Pirates/Ridley supporters:
A
-AcanthusLux
-AEM
-Aenglaan
-AetherEch0s
-Afrodude
-afrozenaer0
-aldelaro5
-ARidley
-AncientTobacco
-andimidna
-AndreaAC
-Angelglory
-Anomilus
-APC99
-AquaDork1
-Arcanir
-ArcticWolf
-Ascended
-A'tal Rekramesh
-AuraShaman

B
-BaganSmashBros
-bananija
-Banjodorf
-Ben Holt
-BerryBomber
-berserker01
-bigbro2233
-BKupa666
-Blackmamba618
-BlindFox
-BlueBubbee
-BluePikmin11
-bobadz
-Body Man
-bombers14
-BowserK.Rool
-Bowserlick
-BoxedCookies
-BravadoMan_13
-Bravetriforcer
-Brawler610
-BridgesWithTurtles

C
-CalumG
-CamZilla94
-Capt. Butt Stallion
-Catydoll409
-CCD23
-CardiganBoy
-Carolus Rex
-cephalopod17
-Chase
-Chris Baker
-ChronoBound
-CJReynz1492
-Claire Diviner
-Cobalsh
-CombatScouter
-Connery
-Con0rrr
-coolmancool
-Cpt.
-Crainy
-Crocovile
-Cyberguy64
-CyberWolfJV TheGuy07

D
-D-idara
-DakotaBonez
Dalek_Kolt
-Dark Phazon
-darksamus77
-DarkSouls
-ddd87
-DekuBoy
-DilowcsNollsnn
-dimensionsword64
-dlbpc
-domokl
-domriver
-Dracandros
-drag0nscythe
-Dragalon
-Dragomire
-DraginHikari
-Drclaw411
-DrizzyDrew
-Dromader
-DustyPumpkin

E
-egaddmario
-Eisendrachen
-El Fonz0
-eltaconojado
-Elite Gaymer
-Ember Reaper
-Empyrean
-Enderman_Aura
-EricTheGamerman
-ErictheLone
-Erimir
-ES. Dinah
-Eskelsen
-Exeggutor

F
-FalKoopa
-False Sense
-Farrac
-Fastblade5035
-Final Smash Gamer
-FinalStarmen
-FireEmblemnier
-FirstBlade
-foolssigma
-FooltheFlames
-Fr3aky Fight3r
-FreeFallUp
-Frostwraith

G
-Gam3rALO
-Game&Watcher
-GAMERG0D
-Garteam
-Gaxel
-Geno Boost
-GiantBreadbug
-Ginamudkipz
-Gingerbread Man
-GiornoGiovanna
-Glaciacott
-Glaqux
-Glyphoscythe
-God Robert's Cousin
-Godzillathewonderdog
-Gohan
-GoldenYuiitusin
-GraveEclipse567
-GreenKirby
-Grimnir
-Groose
-GTA_Hater_331
-Guybrush20X6

H
-Hank Hill
-HarryTheChin
-Headcrab Jackalope
-helmsplitter12
-Hero_42
-Hidan
-Homelessvagrant
-Hotfeet444
-HylianHeroBigBoss
-Hyper_Ridley
-Hyral

I
-I_hate_usernames
-IAm2Sarcastic4U
-iam8bit
-Iddis
-Igneous42
-IhaveSonar
-Ike the Killer
-iluvnintendo1983
-imabeast78
-Inawordyes
-Irarius
-IsmaR

J
-JavaCroc
-Jakor
-JediLink
-JhMS
-John12346
-Johnknight1

K
-Kalimdori
-Kamiko
-KankerSore
-Keeshu
-KenithTheGatherer
-Kevandre
-Kevinhend
-KidBuuEatsYou
-kikaru
-Kikwi-Kiwi
-KillerCRS
-Kind Dedede
-KingofPhantoms47
-KingShadow
-Kirbizard
-Kirbunny431
-KMAL
-Koopaul
-kylexv

L
-lanky_gunner
-LaniusShrike
-Lasifer
-LaughingLuigi
-Layupfreak
-LazerRage
-legendofrob1
-LEGOfan12
-leprechaunlink727
-Link_enfant
-LiteTheIronMan
_Little-Mac!!
-Lizardon
-LockFelino
-Lolo Lolo
-LoneR.O.B.
-Lord Danongor
-Louie G.
-Lugubrious
-lurxy

M
-MagnesD3
-majora_787
-Malle
-Mang@Tortle
-Mansana
-MargnetMan23
-Mario_and_Sonic_Guy
-Master of Bones
-MasterofMonster
-MasterWarlord
-Meandpikachu
-Mega Bidoof
-Megadoomer
-Megalon72
-Mega Dunsparce
-Megazero64
-MelMoe
-Meta-Kraid
-MewtwoX825
-Mistermagius
-moneyfrenzy
-MonK4
-MorbidAltruism
-Mr. Mumbles
-Mr.Seven
-MischF
-MSmariosonic
-Mypantisgone
-Myuutsufan4832

N
-N3ON
-NastCF
-Ndayday
-Neanderthal
-Neighbor_Kid
-NeoRidley
-Nietona
-NickerBocker
-Nitro21
-Niko Mar
-NinthWonder
-NJ_Gamer
-NK1046
-No Control
-Norm
-Not Rick.
-NukeA6

O
-Oasis_S
-OblivionWolf
-OcarinaOfDoom
-OctiVick
-O D I N
-Olekidsf
-Omega-Smasher
-Onyx Oblivian
-Opossum
-Oracle_Summon
-oxyborb

P
-Pacack
-papagenos
-PerfectChaos9
-Phaazoid
-Phyvo
-Pieman0920
-Pikablu Pikachu
-pikachugamer21
-Pikmin1211
-pizzadudemanguy
-PokéMurio
-Poopmin
-PostmortemMessiah
-ppbto
-ProjectAngel
-Protom
-PSIguy89
-psyniac_123
-PurpleSpaceDragon

Q
-QuickLava

R
-R_Trigger
-R.O.B.
-RaccoonBL
-Radical Beam
-RadRedi
-RavenKingSage
-Reader
-Rebellious Treecko
-Redgohan147
-RegiGiygas117
-Reila
-Relax Alax
-Reznor
-Ridles the Space Pirate
-Ridley_Prime
-Ridley22
-Ridley1994
-Ridleyfighter
-Ridley won't be playable
-RODO
-RomanceDawn
-Rosalina suporter
-RoseyBetch
-Ryan.
-Ryuma

S
-Sabrewulf238
-Sahfarry
-Sazarith
-ScatmansWorld25
-Scoliosis Jones
-schniderx
-SchAlternate
-Sebz
-Sehnsucht
-SethTheMage
-Shaboba
-Shagadelic_Baby
-Shaking//very
-Shaya
-sheik93
-Shiliski
-shinpichu
-Shinru202
-Shorts
-Shotguner159
-shrooby
-Sid-cada
-Sigran101
-silver_blade001
-SinisterLizard
-skaaaa
-Skiwage
-Smash Daddy
-SmasherMaster
-Smashoperatingbuddy123
-SmashShadow
-SmilingMad
-Sobreviviente
-SolarStar
-Soupenomics
-soviet prince
-Spazzy_D
-SS-bros14
-SS-bSeven
-MischF
-Staarih
-StaffofSmashing
-Star-Lord
-Starphoenix
-Steelia
-stevenchina
-Strider_Bond00J
-StupendousMike
-Substitute
-SuperLittleTY
-SuperMasterHand
-Super Omega Meta Ridley X
-SuperSegaSonicSS
-SureNsync
-SvartWolf
-Swampasaur

T
-Taco Cruise
-TaichiYaegashi
-TBone06
-TCRhade
-TCT~Phantom
-TehEpicRyuga
-Terrazi Terrajin
-Tetra's Tracker
-TewnLeenk
-The Black mage
-TheCreator
-The Curious Volnutt
-TheDivineDeity
-T-Hell
-TheBrainJemin
-TheGalaxyKnight
-thethirdkoopa
-TheJohnMonster
-Thekewlusername
-The Legendary Beast
-The Pizza Guy
-The Real Gamer
-TheSqushiestManatee
-The Soulless One
-TheTuninator
-Therminthral
-TheWozny
-Thor_Hammerschlag
-TitanTeaTime
-ToasterBrains
-ToothiestAura
-Toxicroaker
-Tree Cat
-Trigger123
-TrueBlueHero
-TumblrFamous
-Tweezer Salad
-Typs

U
-U-Throw
-UberMadman
-UltimateWario
-Ultinarok
-UnstableBeing

V
-Vann Accessible
-VenomSymbiote
-Venus of the Desert Bloom
-vicgur
-Vintage Creep
-Volodya
-Vyzor

W
-Waluigi
-Waluigi is too big
-Waluridleykryrool
-Wariofan1
-WayfaringElf
-Wegenbarth
-Welshy91
-Wiiner159
-wildvine47
-WingedSnagret

X
-Xenoblaze
-Xenorange
-XenothiumX
-Xhampi
-Xzsmmc

Y
-Yoichi Hiruma
-Yonder
-yosharioIII
-YoshiandToad
-Young Horsetail
-Youngster Joey

Z
-Z1GMA
-ZanZero
-Zawaz132
-Zekersaurus
-Zekrom101
-Zem-raj
-Zero-X
-ZeroJinKui
-Zhadgon
-Zoroarking
-Zuba Oki
-Zynux
-Zzuxon

Numbers
-0ShadowStories
-3Bismyname
-8-bit Man
-8-peacock-8
-88Hex

Other
- ---
- _R@bid_
- 鉄腕アトム
-.Shìkì
There's always room for more!
*Last updated 6:02 AM central US time
Can you add me to that list?

SmilingMad

Smash Lord

"Oh yes"
-SmilingMad

That was because it was tweetered by a fake NoA account.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Wait, remember my fortune cookie? It said 'Good news of a long-awaited event will arrive soon.' And I said it'd be a direct that will reveal Ridley and Bandana Dee and other awesome stuff?
If they get revealed and we get other awesome stuff, FORTUNE COOKIE CAN ACTUALLY PREDICT! :laugh:
But seriously though, if those two get revealed and other cool things, ironic.

Top Bottom