• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The RGV Thread! Why are we here?

derkapalooza

Smash Journeyman
believe me, i want us too. but since franks super busy with band for football season, idk who else could run one. i could prolly find a place to play though. someone just has to run it.

if anything, we will all just have to wait till gato-con happens again.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Early December. That's my only hope for this semester, unless it's on a Sunday. Even then, some of those are booked for me :(

sheikamaru

jive
ewwww gato con lol jk. how did that name come up again? i forget.

and make sure if it does happen in december that it doesn't comflict w/ hobo, xyro's talking about having one in december too as a getreadyforapexthatim99.99percentsurenotgoingto kind of thing lol

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Guys, im thinking about doing HOBO 34 in December as a "last chance for apex practice" and the dates i can do it on are the 3rd/10th/17th/31st. What dates are yalls school FINALS on? Im trying to host HOBO around that so help me out please.

Ojih~Sama

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ojih-sama
3DS FC
1907-9993-5995
it shouldnt be too difficult to run a tourney, we just gotta make sure everything runs smooth and runs on time u know, we all should be running it and not leave it to just 1 person u know

lets try and get one set up maybe mid or late october, or whenever u guys can be free.

imo, more tourneys should be held here:

SA is about 2 hours from k-ville
Austin is about 3.5 hours from k-ville
RGV can reconnect to the scene if more tourenys r held here
Houston should stop whining and come down, its only 4 hours
Dallas, San Angelo, Lubbock, and some of the upper cities r prolly the only cities that will have significant trouble since they r 9+ hours away...ewww

kingsville may not be a picture perfect town but it's location is convenient for mid-south texas players

tbh tho i wanna play more ppl....so bored here x(

derkapalooza

Smash Journeyman
If you or someone else wanna step up to be a t.o. go right ahead. You'll have my support. But I personally wouldn't wanna run it.

It also sucks that you guys decided to move the anime club meetings to Wednesday's now. That's the one day every week we for sure hang out and play smash at my house. So it seems like you guys kinda shot yourself in the foot there. I hear you wanna play more people, but it sucks when you can't even play or hang with your own crew members first.

:phone:

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Loooool what ban? No one's running Unity down here and no one travels.

Skeith

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Skeith1
3DS FC
2019-9982-9908
Not sure if this the right place to post this but here's the Omni-chan's smash tourny results.

Omni-chan Melee results

1. Majoras
2. Fro (BV)
3. Raven
4. Tuna
5. Skeith
5. Fro (VC)
7. Adan Rodriguez
7. Kbaby
9. Jesus
9. Manuel daiz
9. Robert Salinas