• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Real Critical Hit 4 Results Thread

QNZ_RAFA

Smash Ace
M2K.. don't go to tourneys if you're afraid this will happen.. and stop b*tching about it if you're going to continue going to tourneys... the fact that you're.. wait..... JOHNING makes no difference to Travis.. the tourney director.. or anyone else.

Get sympathy.. no one cares. The fact that you're still ranting just proves that you have the sense and social skills of a 10 year old. Perhaps you should go back to the venue and throw a temper tantrum while pounding on the ground <(^_^)b im sure it would merit the same response from any mature adult.

Btw.. no one really cares about your sad existence of reasons for losing money due to smash [as seen on pg 1].

Grow up. No Johns.

Good Day Son.

u see m2k. a post like this would very much motivate me to take them to small claims court. You dont have to pay for legal representation since its small claims. your able to represent yourself. get all your evidence together and serve them a subpoena . DONE! so now you can "81tch and cry in court, and they can 81tch and cry about how they lost 5K.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Incidentally, if the owner paid out the "guaranteed pot" and all, it probably would've resulted in no more tournaments anyway due to loss of venue.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Inui, you don't beat me consecutively. I have a hard time with you, yes. We are 1-1 in tourney play and never money matched (which I doubt I will, but that's besides the point).

If I am playing friendlies I sandbag -a lot-. Like.. a lot. Sometimes I try, but friendlies don't count in my eyes and therefore I barely try. Now if you were 4-0 with me in tourney, I would say yes to you beating me consecutively.
lol I beat you the vast majority of our friendlies, beat you in teams every time, and the one set you won was only because I SD'd at 0% and you got to pick a banned stage as your counterpick. You got crushed on the neutral, won on PictoBanned, and then won LAST HIT after I SD'd at 0%. I'll money match you.

Everyone sandbags in friendlies. I just blindly attack to have fun, like most people.

DAlegendarysamus

Smash Lord
raisin speaks

Wes is too goodz!

raisin is too good in brawl good **** you mk killer he still should be banned its funny ppl are still getting up tight with **** lol its over dudes lol. MARTIN LUTHER WES SPEAKS ONCE AGAIN. SMASHERS FOR NOW ALL EVERYONE NEED TO STAND UP FROM THIER RIGHTS TAKE ABOUT THE PROBLEM AT THE SCENCE OF THE CRIME DONT LEAVE IT AND THEN GO HOME AND TALK ABOUT IT AND CRY. M2K ITS WRONG WHAT THEY DID TO YOU BUT NEXT TIME PLEASE. IF YOU ARE EVERY HAVING TROUBLE M2K CALL THIS NUMBER ME AND MY COMRADES(DA) WILL COME RIGHT TO THE RESCUE THE NUMBER US 1800-LUTHERWES CALL THAT NUMBER ONCE WE GET THERE WE AND WE SEE PPL GO BACK ON THIER DEAL WE ARE GOING TO START LOADING THIER EQUIPMENT INTO OUR CARS. SO IF YOU WOULD HAVE CALL THAST NUMBER AT CH4 WE WOULD HAVE TAKEN ALL THE TVS THERE TO MAKE UP FOR THE MONEY LOST. SO REMEBER THAT NUMBER M2K AIGHT ITS SAD HOW PPL TAKE ADVANTAGE OF KINDNESS THATS WRONG.
AND CHILLIN I AM COMPLAINING BECAUSE I AM MAD BECAUSE I WAS MAD HYPED TO GO TO THIS AND THE ONLY REASON DA DIDNT GO BECAUSE WE WAS NOT ABLE TO GET THE RENT A CAR AND WE HEARD ON TOP OF THAT THE HURRICAN WAS COMING SO I WAS WE WAS NOT GOING TO TAKE ANY OF THOSE CHING-CHANG CHINATOWN BUSSES WHERE THEY GO 200 MILES AN OUR ON ICY ROAD AND WE WAS NOT TAKING THE GREYHOUND BUS TO GET OUR HEADS CHOPPED OFF. SO ITS GOOD DA DIDNT COME OR IT WOULD HAVE BEEN HELL OVER THERE CAUSE I KNOW WE WOULD HAVE AT LEAST GOT TOP 3 TO 5 EASY AND NOT GETTING THE MONEY STATED ONLINE, OH BOY YOU DONT DO THAT I AM TELLING YOU WE WOULD HAVE TOOK THE MANAGE AND TURNED HIM UPSIDE DOWN AND SHOOK HIM FROM HIS FEET UNTIL MONEY CAME OUT OF HIM. It funny how all the tournaments Da tends to want to go to but last minute **** happens to our rides and then those are the tournaments that ppl do grimey ****. I tell you this all the bulll**** better end soon if not and DA comes to a tournament it will be something bad.

Ch0zen0ne

Smash Lord
u see m2k. a post like this would very much motivate me to take them to small claims court. You dont have to pay for legal representation since its small claims. your able to represent yourself. get all your evidence together and serve them a subpoena . DONE! so now you can "81tch and cry in court, and they can 81tch and cry about how they lost 5K.
Except they wont.. ask a lawyer.. his case holds no water.

lol @ random doushebags.

Bouse

Smash Ace
I know 5-6 people who want to come to the next Critical Hit just from the Harford County area in MD.

Seriously though, the weather thing made it kind of a fluke. If you had announced the singles entry fee earlier a lot of people I know would have taken off of work. You have to understand that when you post about the tournament you need to separate things from the get-go, some people need to request off anywhere from 2-4 weeks ahead of time.

Next time, make sure that you say something like:
Tournament payouts based on player turnout.

It'll save you trouble with the whole "guarantee" thing. I'm pretty sure that the next one won't be so bad, even if some of the top players got upset by it. As it says above here, the owner did what was possible so that he didn't lose money and didn't profit.

All in all, I hope to see a CHit5 in Late Oct/Early November.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Shoutouts:

Niko- GOOD **** IN TEAMS! Peach Diddy is one hell of a team. I've never had a more intense teams set than the one we had vs Plank and Greg. Sorry I couldn't take them both out when it was 2 vs 1 against me MKs tornado is just too gay

Plank and Greg- great teams set guys, you two have gotten so amazing. I'm glad you're camping less these days and using more skill Plank. And GREAT job on beating NinjaLink's Diddy Greg. That was one of the best Brawl matches I've ever seen. I love how creative your Snake is, we gotta get some friendlies in at the next tourny.

JCaesar- HAHA I'll beat you yet :p

NinjaLink- I'm glad I forced you to use Diddy after beating your ROB. Great set we had, even though I have no experience on Halberd and it was counterpicked against me twice in two different sets for the third match (you and Chu lol). Awesome friendlies we had later too.

Chu- One of the closest sets I've had. You two stocked me first match, I two stocked you the second, and both of us at high percents on the last one. You started reading me perfectly and I couldn't kill you lol

Lightxdream- nice to meet you, you're really cool and our set was fun. haha don't feel too bad about it, Diddy is pretty gay :p

Chinesah- Nice tourny, it's just bad luck that the turnout was so bad and the pot got *****. Good stuff for hosting again. And great teams match with Kaiser, **** was so close.

Neo- awesome friendlies we had at the very end, your Marth terrifies me.

Korn- always fun hanging with you

EE- you're a funny guy phil, but sometimes you gotta know when to stfu in public

Boss- when you impersonated slik's laugh I almost had a heart attack from laughing so hard.

Yoster- you almost beat Azen with Yoshi! See I knew you hated using MK all this time :p Your Yoshi is waaaaaay better and way more fun to play against As always, thanks for the ride bro

Slikvik- sucks what happened to you guys in teams. when it came down to just you and olimar with two stock and you killed him once, I was hoping you'd get 9 hammer for the last kill. **** olimar

Godismyrock- close set dude, I hate GAW so much lol. You were seriously making me sweat even when I had a good lead on you.

Also, Wes is my favorite poster on SWF

Lobos

Smash Master
I didn't read any of the wall-o-text from various posters but man this is funny.

Wes mm your sonic vs my TL?

hova

Smash Champion
-greg
everyone is comfortable to whine on the boards all day about the problem, but no one wants to do anything about it. seriously, whining on the boards isnt going to do anything for anyone.

the bottom line is, for "justice", the guy would have to pay out like $4000 of his own money, probably destroying his business. that would be fair, that would be justice. all of smashboards agrees with you, we sympathize, but not all of us want to bankrupt the guy. so if thats how far you are willing to go for the guaranteed money than try contacting him instead of whining in the results thread.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
lol I beat you the vast majority of our friendlies, beat you in teams every time, and the one set you won was only because I SD'd at 0% and you got to pick a banned stage as your counterpick. You got crushed on the neutral, won on PictoBanned, and then won LAST HIT after I SD'd at 0%. I'll money match you.

Everyone sandbags in friendlies. I just blindly attack to have fun, like most people.
in his defense, iv never seen anyone sandbag so much in friendlies than blackwaltz.... like, its blatantly obvious lol. he just kinda twirls his c stick in friendlies. you said that in the past he always had a terrible teams partner and now that i teamed with him, we almost beat you in teams. also gotta remember that marth is a bit tough for olimar matchup wise.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Well I see it like this. It happens.

@ Chillen : do not generalize NYC with that mindset. I am from NYC and I felt that what happened was not something that could be helped.

In reality MD is right this is not the owners fault. Yes he made a mistake putting up 5000 and not "backing it up" but after what has been said I can understand the owner's view on things. This is why I stress to people if you put up money like this to have a backup play or put an * next to it saying it depends on the turnout. I forgive what happened cause it has happened to me as a former H1/H2 top player in NYC and I never took this as my life.

@ BUM : You NEVER travel to tournaments so do not use this as an excuse. This is a community that is hardcore. When you learn what that means you will realize why I spent money to travel...not for $ like others but because I love the community...Hanging with Plank is too good and Everyone there was good peoples. That is the communities that people who care about the scene love.

Either way it should be dropped...M2K if you want to take it to court go ahead no one is stopping you but I do not want to hear it anymore its as annoying as Eggm walking in and going " EVERYONE PLAY MELEE OMG I NEED PEOPLE TO PLAY CAUSE I AM A LONELY SEAGULL" or something like that. Do it or STFU. Your kewl but learn how to do what you need to not say it and have people flock to your side.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
All i'm gona say is this.

I didn't come here for the pot. The pot size is not what attracted me as a smasher. I saw a garunteed pot and thought, hmm this will prolly attract alot of smashers as a whole. THATS why i went. I wanted the turnout, not the prizes. I wanted the practice, not the glory.

The glory and money I get will come in time when with the help of the practice I got from comming to this, and I started consistantly winning tournies here in florida.
Granted i was upset with the low turnout, but that is not the venues fault.

In the end, the people who made money have not to blame the owners of the store, however they should only be mad at the rest of the smash community as a whole.

Bottom line it was their fault for not showing, and we all shouldn't expect the owner to be a holy saint and give up his share of money for some kids who traveled some to play a video game (this coming from the person who traveled the farthes).

I came for practice, I got it. What would I have to be upset about?

The reinbursment for my plane ticket will come alone with the future first placings I'll get here in Florida that I might have otherwise not have been able to acheive.

I got what I wanted, hopefully many of you guys did as well.
I'm not exactly speaking on behalf of m2k and azen, this is just how I, as a rising smasher, is seeing things.

All in all however, I had ALOT of fun this tourny, before, during and after.
All the people I met were awesome and im not about to make a huge long list of names with specific thigns that other people might not understand.

If I would talk about you, you kno who you are already and what would be said. Everything I thought about each one of everyone i've met I've already said in person.

Just a few things I want to note and hopefully make somethings come to an end.

The whole "chillen shoulda won" deal is only half true. In the case of the match itself, yes indeed he should have won that match. But because its a set, and i had the chance to choose that level (lylat) to begin with, it was a result that was only affected by my decision. I chose that level for no reason other than to mess with falco's recovery. If thats how the match ended, than that just shows that I made the smart decision.

However on the case of Me vs Azen, some would say I should have won the first match vs his lucario.
The last stock came to a point where I was winning in % considerably, and was off the level somehow with no jumps i believe, and he too was under the level.
I used my up b to make it to the ledge and in my mind if i cancled it and went to grab the ledge, lucario's up b is fast so he would have gotten there first and edgehogged me anyway, so I thought maybe i could continue falling and meet him with a spike before he reached the ledge, you can figure the rest out, he got the ledge anyway, and i fell passed him and died.

So yea, call that a suicide, or not, i dont care. The set ended in his favor, maybe i deserved to win that match, maybe not, but theres not doubt he deserved the win for the set.

I don't really think theres anything else that needs to be said other than thanks to everyone for their kindness and gratitude, and most of all thank you Plank for being an excellent host, opening your home to me, and doing the dark deed of driving. Thanks alot, I appreciate it.

Until C3, Peace out.

Seibrik/Snake Killer 3000

chinesahh

Smash Lord
LOOK... YOU CANT PROTECT YOUR FRIEND AFTER WHAT HE DID. SO STOP!! son forget not hosting tournaments ne more.... just delete your swf account and dissappear. your done. YOUR DUNSKY!!
delete my swf account? disappear? yo who the fuck are you? random ass ganon dude

LOL ive never even heard of your shit

DAlegendarysamus

Smash Lord
A Sad Day

all I'm Gona Say Is This.

I Didn't Come Here For The Pot. The Pot Size Is Not What Attracted Me As A Smasher. I Saw A Garunteed Pot And Thought, Hmm This Will Prolly Attract Alot Of Smashers As A Whole. Thats Why I Went. I Wanted The Turnout, Not The Prizes. I Wanted The Practice, Not The Glory.

The Glory And Money I Get Will Come In Time When With The Help Of The Practice I Got From Comming To This, And I Started Consistantly Winning Tournies Here In Florida.
Granted I Was Upset With The Low Turnout, But That Is Not The Venues Fault.

In The End, The People Who Made Money Have Not To Blame The Owners Of The Store, However They Should Only Be Mad At The Rest Of The Smash Community As A Whole.

Bottom Line It Was Their Fault For Not Showing, And We All Shouldn't Expect The Owner To Be A Holy Saint And Give Up His Share Of Money For Some Kids Who Traveled Some To Play A Video Game (this Coming From The Person Who Traveled The Farthes).

I Came For Practice, I Got It. What Would I Have To Be Upset About?

The Reinbursment For My Plane Ticket Will Come Alone With The Future First Placings I'll Get Here In Florida That I Might Have Otherwise Not Have Been Able To Acheive.

I Got What I Wanted, Hopefully Many Of You Guys Did As Well.
I'm Not Exactly Speaking On Behalf Of M2k And Azen, This Is Just How I, As A Rising Smasher, Is Seeing Things.

All In All However, I Had Alot Of Fun This Tourny, Before, During And After.
All The People I Met Were Awesome And Im Not About To Make A Huge Long List Of Names With Specific Thigns That Other People Might Not Understand.

If I Would Talk About You, You Kno Who You Are Already And What Would Be Said. Everything I Thought About Each One Of Everyone I've Met I've Already Said In Person.

Just A Few Things I Want To Note And Hopefully Make Somethings Come To An End.

The Whole "chillen Shoulda Won" Deal Is Only Half True. In The Case Of The Match Itself, Yes Indeed He Should Have Won That Match. But Because Its A Set, And I Had The Chance To Choose That Level (lylat) To Begin With, It Was A Result That Was Only Affected By My Decision. I Chose That Level For No Reason Other Than To Mess With Falco's Recovery. If Thats How The Match Ended, Than That Just Shows That I Made The Smart Decision.

However On The Case Of Me Vs Azen, Some Would Say I Should Have Won The First Match Vs His Lucario.
The Last Stock Came To A Point Where I Was Winning In % Considerably, And Was Off The Level Somehow With No Jumps I Believe, And He Too Was Under The Level.
I Used My Up B To Make It To The Ledge And In My Mind If I Cancled It And Went To Grab The Ledge, Lucario's Up B Is Fast So He Would Have Gotten There First And Edgehogged Me Anyway, So I Thought Maybe I Could Continue Falling And Meet Him With A Spike Before He Reached The Ledge, You Can Figure The Rest Out, He Got The Ledge Anyway, And I Fell Passed Him And Died.

So Yea, Call That A Suicide, Or Not, I Dont Care. The Set Ended In His Favor, Maybe I Deserved To Win That Match, Maybe Not, But Theres Not Doubt He Deserved The Win For The Set.

I Don't Really Think Theres Anything Else That Needs To Be Said Other Than Thanks To Everyone For Their Kindness And Gratitude, And Most Of All Thank You Plank For Being An Excellent Host, Opening Your Home To Me, And Doing The Dark Deed Of Driving. Thanks Alot, I Appreciate It.

Until C3, Peace Out.

Seibrik/snake Killer 3000
This Is Why Tournament Hosts Get Away With ****ing Up The Pot. This Is Sad

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
yeah that **** is hella funny LMFAO @ diddy

@ seibrek

you just seem to have bad lock with random last stocks LOL

my sheik died while shielding

you up-b'd vs azen and didn't cancel it

chillin up-b'd and the stage moved

rofl

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
Chill out, lol. I know you're the best Marth.

I just said it would have amused me. Nothing else. You probably lack Olimar experience. BlackWaltz is also a crewmate of mine, so of course I wanted him to win.

Btw, my sets with NinjaLink in both singles and teams are always very close, so I can't see him as "leagues" ahead of me. You're just biased against me, like a lot of people.
This has nothing to do with my Marth, it's about you being inconsiderate and annoying as ****. Stop placing yourself amongst M2K when complimenting NinjaLink on "doing awesome things with Diddy." I give a **** how close you get to him, you get destroyed by other people he can/has beat. Until you start placing in tournaments you need to shut the **** up and stop acting like you're hot ****. It annoys the **** out of everybody.

Niko_K

Smash Master
Ninjalink beat me with diddy and I made Inui quit out of our tourney match, Peach vs Marth, on BF xDDDD. = Disrespect

Maybe if you weren't so arrogant you would receive a lot more respect from the community. Also giving respect back is going to help too.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Ninjalink beat me with diddy and I made Inui quit out of our tourney match, Peach vs Marth, on BF xDDDD. = Disrespect

Maybe if you weren't so arrogant you would receive a lot more respect from the community. Also giving respect back is going to help too.
Your reputation with New Jersey has increased by 500.

kirbstir

Smash Lord
1) The guarantee issue is between the winners and the store owner; Chinesah had no control over the pot, and sure as **** didn't "rig" the pot. Stop talking bull**** like it was Travis who woke up that day and said "You know what? I'm going to be an asshat and reduce the pot." The owner made the business decision, take it up with him.

2) I would say that seibriks' reaction to the whole scenario compared to m2k's is like light and day, and rather refreshing.

3) If you plan on going through with it, you should prepare yourself at least - http://www.courts.state.md.us/district/forms/civil/dccv01br.html

Note that collecting money from a small claims court is a lot of trouble, and the local government can probably only do so via the defendant's property. Not to mention he could appeal. Evidence would definitely be hard to come by, since you can't 100% tie the guarantee on smashboards to him, and there were no contracts drawn up between store owner and players or store owner and Travis.

Note, I am not a lawyer.

Top Bottom